Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Sep 2012, 20:43 (Ref:3142713)   #301
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
If I counted right, we have 43 entries. Would have been any harm in allowing those Audi R8's that were interested to run unclassified, or a DP for that matter?
Old 28 Sep 2012, 00:44 (Ref:3142781)   #302
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
If I counted right, we have 43 entries. Would have been any harm in allowing those Audi R8's that were interested to run unclassified, or a DP for that matter?
Why not, right? That's the "new direction" of the series...would be interesting to see how they would compare. I saw in DP run mid pack in some historics racing a few years back.
Old 28 Sep 2012, 01:00 (Ref:3142784)   #303
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was hoping someone would approach them about an R8 or SLS running unclassified but then there is always next to test GT3s if they want to consider them for post-merger.
Old 28 Sep 2012, 04:16 (Ref:3142830)   #304
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
^I was fortunate enough to be in the Audi Experience (hospitality) at both Daytona and Sebring this year. I asked Al Masaood directly (Oryx) and a couple of the APR guys if they had any plans to do the ALMS later in the year, particularly PLM, and they said they would "come over" as soon as possible so the desire was definitely there. Oryx was almost done before they started so it may have been moot but the APR guys were in the Audi area at Sebring too...
I know they work on Audis in the "real world" so that may not have meant much.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 14:10 (Ref:3144150)   #305
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Here it is, blast from the past. PLM 2002 10 years ago...

http://www.lasersol.com/CyberMotor/plm_2002/index.html
Old 30 Sep 2012, 15:12 (Ref:3144166)   #306
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
^I was fortunate enough to be in the Audi Experience (hospitality) at both Daytona and Sebring this year. I asked Al Masaood directly (Oryx) and a couple of the APR guys if they had any plans to do the ALMS later in the year, particularly PLM, and they said they would "come over" as soon as possible so the desire was definitely there. Oryx was almost done before they started so it may have been moot but the APR guys were in the Audi area at Sebring too...
I know they work on Audis in the "real world" so that may not have meant much.
Of Oryx goes, will it be for the GAGT R8 or a rented LMP?
Old 30 Sep 2012, 15:14 (Ref:3144167)   #307
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I was hoping someone would approach them about an R8 or SLS running unclassified but then there is always next to test GT3s if they want to consider them for post-merger.
That's exactly what I did at Baltimore last month. I asked ALMS COO Scott Elkins if a certain team could have an R8 entry to run unclassified and was told "Absolutely not. It's not in our business model." I then asked the same question for an entry to run unclassified in 2013 and was given the same answer, despite the fact that in 2014 there will be GT3 cars running in the new series! Go figure! It will be very interesting to see what he has to say about the BMW Z4 GT3 which is being developed to run in the ALMS next year; it runs a V8 which hasn't even been homologated in a road car yet. Remember GT3 cars are "not in our business model." Let's see what happens here!

Last edited by cbbrit; 30 Sep 2012 at 15:42.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 16:03 (Ref:3144185)   #308
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
That's exactly what I did at Baltimore last month. I asked ALMS COO Scott Elkins if a certain team could have an R8 entry to run unclassified and was told "Absolutely not. It's not in our business model." I then asked the same question for an entry to run unclassified in 2013 and was given the same answer, despite the fact that in 2014 there will be GT3 cars running in the new series! Go figure! It will be very interesting to see what he has to say about the BMW Z4 GT3 which is being developed to run in the ALMS next year; it runs a V8 which hasn't even been homologated in a road car yet. Remember GT3 cars are "not in our business model." Let's see what happens here!
and yet they have the Delta, they would take the Porsche hybrid, Drayson a few years ago ran an Aston at Sebring that was a dressed up GT3, a Lambo was run that was pretty much a GT3.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 16:27 (Ref:3144203)   #309
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post

Awesome! Thank you very much.

Chris
Old 1 Oct 2012, 01:19 (Ref:3144377)   #310
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post

Thanks for the memories! That was 1 year before my first Petit, but great to see.
Old 1 Oct 2012, 03:13 (Ref:3144409)   #311
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOrGlory View Post
Of Oryx goes, will it be for the GAGT R8 or a rented LMP?
They won't. Marsal and Lux are in the Dyson #20 so that's not an option and the R8's are not legal. He cited business commitments when he stepped away from racing his R8 so not sure if he had the time anyway if there was a viable option IMO.
Old 1 Oct 2012, 07:52 (Ref:3144482)   #312
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
They won't. Marsal and Lux are in the Dyson #20 so that's not an option and the R8's are not legal. He cited business commitments when he stepped away from racing his R8 so not sure if he had the time anyway if there was a viable option IMO.
I thought the 20 will be piloted by Patterson, Marsal and Burgess. But I could be misremembering...

Chris
Old 1 Oct 2012, 12:17 (Ref:3144586)   #313
extramundane
Racer

Benin
Here.
extramundane has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
I thought the 20 will be piloted by Patterson, Marsal and Burgess. But I could be misremembering...

Chris
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/spor...on-290598.html

Quote:
Sports car ace Mark Patterson will co-drive with Michael Marsal in the No. 20 Dyson Lola Mazda at the VIR 240, and will join Chris Dyson and co-driver Guy Smith in the No. 16 for Petit Le Mans.
Old 1 Oct 2012, 14:13 (Ref:3144647)   #314
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So much for Steven Kane...

DHH will throw a fit!
Old 1 Oct 2012, 18:41 (Ref:3144755)   #315
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Quote:
Originally Posted by extramundane View Post
I like Mark Patterson, he is a great character and has a strong love for sports car racing. I really hope he keeps the car on the black stuff and keeps Dyson close to the lead lap.

Chris
Old 3 Oct 2012, 15:03 (Ref:3145751)   #316
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry list just released.

http://www.alms.com/sites/default/fi...%20Entry_0.pdf
Old 3 Oct 2012, 15:11 (Ref:3145757)   #317
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Shame there are no Audis, but understandable.
Old 3 Oct 2012, 15:16 (Ref:3145763)   #318
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
Quote:
Great to see Steven Kane has been brought in to drive the primary Dyson Lola #16. Interesting to see that ESM haven't nominated their drivers yet. I've heard that the #01 will have a strong third driver, perhaps Olivier Beretta or another of the AF Corsa drivers who have the race week off between WEC races in Fuji and Shanghai.
Old 3 Oct 2012, 15:30 (Ref:3145772)   #319
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I see Lucas Ordonez is listed both in the Deltawing and in the Greaves Zytek... he's going to be rather busy if it stays like that. Of course, I wouldn't want to be him if he accidentally takes out one of his cars with his other car...
Old 3 Oct 2012, 17:02 (Ref:3145807)   #320
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yep, there it is... It's official.

I am still going and will have a great time!
Old 3 Oct 2012, 17:20 (Ref:3145811)   #321
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
So looks like Tucker will be driving in both the 055 and 95 again, with Franchitte Bros. in the 95 and with Diaz and Buchut in the 055. Nice line-ups in both cars.

DK
Old 3 Oct 2012, 18:26 (Ref:3145834)   #322
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Great to see Steven Kane has been brought in to drive the primary Dyson Lola #16. Interesting to see that ESM haven't nominated their drivers yet. I've heard that the #01 will have a strong third driver, perhaps Olivier Beretta or another of the AF Corsa drivers who have the race week off between WEC races in Fuji and Shanghai.
If they were smart, they'd just put Cosmo in the 01 with Sharp and van Overbeek. Perhaps Mike Hedlund will race with Ed Brown in the Am car and they can bring in another paying driver to fill the third seat.
Old 3 Oct 2012, 18:41 (Ref:3145843)   #323
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
If they were smart, they'd just put Cosmo in the 01 with Sharp and van Overbeek. Perhaps Mike Hedlund will race with Ed Brown in the Am car and they can bring in another paying driver to fill the third seat.
Ed Brown wants to win GTE-Am... he doesn't need pay drivers, and is unlikely to bring them in.

If he is smart, he'll bring in someone like Fisichella and Bruni, one for each cars existing lineups.
Old 3 Oct 2012, 19:29 (Ref:3145859)   #324
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Ed Brown wants to win GTE-Am... he doesn't need pay drivers, and is unlikely to bring them in.

If he is smart, he'll bring in someone like Fisichella and Bruni, one for each cars existing lineups.
Scott Sharp did "lend" Johannes to Scuderia Corsa to help Ferrari win the manufacturers' championship in GA, perhaps the favour will be returned in the form of a factory shoe or two for PLM?
Old 3 Oct 2012, 19:49 (Ref:3145867)   #325
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Griffin would be good with Bruni .