Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 8 Oct 2012, 19:15 (Ref:3148413)   #301
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
rallycrossnl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok it wasn't jacuzzi's filled with loose women eating strawberry's, drinking bubbles entertaining too fat red faced blokes in a 3 story brick building overseeing a white beach or what ever a corporate party building should look like at the inside, but...
Valkenswaard next to the main straight had a big tent + terras + grandstand for VIPs with full catering, big tv screen etc. Drivers were introduced to the VIPs in the form of interviews. Trackdays and incentive courses were promoted and their new Audi TTS was shown at the terras.

(as example) For the Dakar PreProloog they have the same.
http://www.eurocircuit.nl/index.php/...-mogelijkheden

Indeed, nothing like the business suites in a soccerstadium, but very nice for a 'dirttracksport' I think.
Old 8 Oct 2012, 20:55 (Ref:3148488)   #302
ERC
Rookie

ERC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing cars View Post
Its quite possible that IMG are deliberately pricing out some of the circuits. USRallycross has said here in the past that one of the drawbacks of the ERC is the lack of corporate facilities at the circuits to attract big sponsors. For marketing people like IMG this would be far more important to them than the track itself and if they have to go to other or non rallycross tracks then so be it as long as they can pay the extortionate amounts being asked, which with corporate money they would far more likely be able to do.
Pricing out some circuits??? IMG signes with who ever organiser they can get at the moment! And that ain't many yet...
Old 9 Oct 2012, 01:23 (Ref:3148595)   #303
juha205
Rookie

Spain
Galicia (Northwest Spain)
juha205 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We will end up watching rallycross in a dirt oval tracks...
Old 12 Oct 2012, 07:54 (Ref:3150283)   #304
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
New article up on Rallycross World...

http://www.rallycrossworld.com/2012/...unch-date-set/

...indicates that the 2013 season will be officially launched October 26th. Few other facts in the article as well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallycross World
• The Championship will be called FIA European Rallycross Championship in 2013

• All 3 Rallycross categories are retained – with full FIA Championship titles for Supercar, TouringCar and Super1600

• Racing for all three categories on both days of each event

• Super1600 and TouringCar finals run prior to Supercar finals and will also be featured in television programming

• New event format for 2013 – round robin (all drivers drive against each other), points-based system (lap timing will be used for tie-breaks) with semi-finals and final – winner of the final is the overall event winner

• Each event has a 25-car Supercar field comprising 20 permanent drivers, national qualifiers and wildcards to be selected by the event organiser and IMG/FIA

• Winners of the TouringCar and Super1600 Championships shall be give half-priced Supercar entry fees for the next calendar year and a free Supercar test session

• TV Production – world class production values to improve image of Rallycross

• TV Distribution – will be over three times more than in 2012 with a mix of national and international broadcasters

• Promotional video will be released to the public following the Championship launch event on October 26

• The Championship calendar is being reviewed by the FIA – it includes 10 events spread over the same period as the current season. The draft calendar should be available in the next few weeks

• New official Championship website, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube sites will be launched in January 2013

• This will be the only FIA Rallycross Championship and has official sanction from the FIA, as well as support of the best drivers and teams in the world
Old 12 Oct 2012, 08:26 (Ref:3150301)   #305
Rallycross!
Rookie

Sweden
Rallycross! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They seem pretty sure about this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
This will be the only FIA Rallycross Championship and has official sanction from the FIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallycross World Issue 103
There will not be a FIA Rallycross Challenge in 2013
We will see...
Old 12 Oct 2012, 10:58 (Ref:3150363)   #306
USRallycross
Racer

United States
Minnesota (the True North)
USRallycross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you can take it to the bank that there won't be an "FIA" anything other than the IMG series. You can't just use that title without their approval and why would they work against what they created. There isn't any precedent of that.

Now people could still run a European Rallycross Challenge......
Old 12 Oct 2012, 18:40 (Ref:3150513)   #307
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
Still not sure how it can be legal with no tender. The EU Commissioner for Competition might find it dubious when someone made an official complaint. Oh well, FIA resides in la Douce France where everything goes.
Old 12 Oct 2012, 21:30 (Ref:3150591)   #308
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallycrossnl View Post
Still not sure how it can be legal with no tender. The EU Commissioner for Competition might find it dubious when someone made an official complaint. Oh well, FIA resides in la Douce France where everything goes.
Did someone make an official complaint? Or are you just making stuff up?
Old 13 Oct 2012, 03:01 (Ref:3150720)   #309
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
Might and when. My English isn't the best I know, but those words are rather clear.
And no, for the ERC there was no tender, which there is/was for the WRC and various F1 parts. So if someone complained, they have a very good chance.
Old 13 Oct 2012, 12:55 (Ref:3150890)   #310
205munchkin
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
205munchkin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's why rallycross has to be taken by the scruff of the neck, everyone is so bloody negative.
Old 13 Oct 2012, 17:30 (Ref:3151006)   #311
Rallycross!
Rookie

Sweden
Rallycross! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 205munchkin View Post
That's why rallycross has to be taken by the scruff of the neck, everyone is so bloody negative.
Everyone? Or just certain people commenting on this topic?
Old 14 Oct 2012, 23:15 (Ref:3151911)   #312
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
Yeah I doubt that the 7 billion people on this earth are all negative about the IMG deal, I think you could be over exaggerate there a tiny bit. I might even be tempted to say that about 7 billion people don't care a flying **** about it.

To round it up, I think the majority of the Rallycross fans are in favour of more promotion by one promotor, a real good professional one, for all ERC rounds. A good media plan, more tv minutes on more tvchannels that aren't behind decoders (i.e. free), Multi linguistic-uptodate-'live'- social media/websites etc. The 'round robin' system isn't to everybodies taste upfront, but I expect that people will learn to like it very fast.

Some people have questions by the chosen partner and format that that partner choose. And are disappointed that their track/club/country isn't able to host an ERC round under the IMG conditions due to the demands and/or initial and long-term costs.
This seems to be in the planning for far longer then 'Joe Public' is aware of, there is too little, too late, too fragmented information from all involved sides.
It's politics. Changes scare people. Uncontrolable political changes cooked up in backrooms leave people in wonder what is going on in their comfort zone.

Yep, negative comments will always be posted when something changes. Some people, like me, are sad that their club lost an ERC round, it would be rather silly to enjoy and celebrate that fact imho.
Old 15 Oct 2012, 15:18 (Ref:3152307)   #313
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yeah I doubt that the 7 billion people on this earth are all negative about the IMG deal, I think you could be over exaggerate there a tiny bit. I might even be tempted to say that about 7 billion people don't care a flying **** about it.

To round it up, I think the majority of the Rallycross fans are in favour of more promotion by one promotor, a real good professional one, for all ERC rounds. A good media plan, more tv minutes on more tvchannels that aren't behind decoders (i.e. free), Multi linguistic-uptodate-'live'- social media/websites etc. The 'round robin' system isn't to everybodies taste upfront, but I expect that people will learn to like it very fast.

Some people have questions by the chosen partner and format that that partner choose. And are disappointed that their track/club/country isn't able to host an ERC round under the IMG conditions due to the demands and/or initial and long-term costs.
This seems to be in the planning for far longer then 'Joe Public' is aware of, there is too little, too late, too fragmented information from all involved sides.
It's politics. Changes scare people. Uncontrolable political changes cooked up in backrooms leave people in wonder what is going on in their comfort zone.

Yep, negative comments will always be posted when something changes. Some people, like me, are sad that their club lost an ERC round, it would be rather silly to enjoy and celebrate that fact imho.
Old 15 Oct 2012, 20:42 (Ref:3152507)   #314
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJM View Post
Did someone make an official complaint? Or are you just making stuff up?
No reply? Not even an excuse for the alligation that I was 'making stuff up'? Oh the joy of the interwebs.

Ok, (/me puts a professorhat on). Let me educate you.
During the last couple of years of FIA ERC, there were people and companies making money providing services for it. For some of them, a significant part of their years income did depend on those contracts.
FIA being the single houlder of the ERC rights, cut of those people and/or companies by not going into the tender procedure.
Class is over, further self-education at home.
Old 17 Oct 2012, 14:25 (Ref:3153362)   #315
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ERC24 have just posted an image up on Facebook which would appear to be the first signs of a schedule for the 2013 ERC.

It suggests 10 rounds, specifically: Austria (Greinbach), Finland (Kouvoula), France (Laquais), UK (Lydden Hill), Germany (Buxtehude), Hungary (Nyirad), Ireland (Mondello Park), Norway (Hell), Poland (Slomczyn) and Sweden (Holjes).
Old 17 Oct 2012, 16:25 (Ref:3153416)   #316
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ireland!! WTF
Old 17 Oct 2012, 17:12 (Ref:3153434)   #317
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
No Valkenswaard (not a surprise)

2013 FIA EUROPEAN RALLYCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP promo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7sHn5VRyIU
Old 17 Oct 2012, 17:42 (Ref:3153449)   #318
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No Belgium, and where in France? So is that the end of the plan to run the ERC running at Loheac?
Old 17 Oct 2012, 17:57 (Ref:3153456)   #319
paul1982
Racer

paul1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you read the tekst below the promo video. They say it would be a 3 hour compact event ( think for supercars ) for tv.

If this would be the calender only Engeland and Germany for me.
We will see
Old 17 Oct 2012, 18:00 (Ref:3153460)   #320
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
No Belgium, and where in France? So is that the end of the plan to run the ERC running at Loheac?
Quote:
France (Laquais),
Never heard of this track.

http://www.laquais-stage-de-pilotage.com/en/

It's outside the regular rallycross region of France.
Old 17 Oct 2012, 18:00 (Ref:3153462)   #321
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just found circuit du laquais, it's not a rallycross track, and is miles away from the current crop of circuits of the French Championships. Too far from the channel ports to tempt me to go spectate.....sadly.

If that's the calendar, it will just be one ERC round for me in 2013, Lydden.....
Old 17 Oct 2012, 18:03 (Ref:3153465)   #322
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
Might this be a totally fake list?

Normal way would be:
He rallycrossfans, we of IMG (I Make Gazzillions) are proud to present our ERC partners; (list of real signed up contracted tracks/clubs here)

And then... weeks later a list of the rounds when FIA has set the dates during their Offroad calender meeting. (cos you might have noticed, there's no dates on that 'scoop' picture)

Prolly just a thingy to try to push those on the list over to sign.
Politics.
Predictable.

p.s. which of those tracks/clubs did an official press release that they did sign up?
p.p.s. Our faithfull presspeople do yet have to discover which of the clubs did sign up, wouldn't you think they wouldn't publish about that?

Oh well, just jealous that we even didn't make the scoop list

Last edited by rallycrossnl; 17 Oct 2012 at 18:20.
Old 17 Oct 2012, 18:04 (Ref:3153466)   #323
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul1982 View Post
If you read the tekst below the promo video. They say it would be a 3 hour compact event ( think for supercars ) for tv.
"in a tightly compressed 3 hour race specifically designed for television."

Are there any channels (except niche channels like Motors TV and pay TV) wanting to spend 3 hours on rallycross (or motorsport in general)?
Old 17 Oct 2012, 18:06 (Ref:3153467)   #324
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Might this be a totally fake list?

Normal way would be:
He rallycrossfans, we of IMG (I Make Gazzillions) are proud to present our ERC partners; (list of real signed up contracted tracks/clubs here)

And then... weeks later a list of the rounds when FIA has set the dates during their Offroad calender meeting. (cos you might have noticed, there's no dates on that 'scoop' picture)

Prolly just a thingy to try to push those on the list over to sign.
Politics.

Predictable.
I was wondering me too.

We will know more next week.
But after the statements of Noordermeer I am not positive about Valkenswaard.
Old 17 Oct 2012, 18:06 (Ref:3153468)   #325
paul1982
Racer

paul1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't know it is fake but if its thrue it will be england an germany. Maybe austria.
No belgium and holland