Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 10 Aug 2014, 17:37 (Ref:3443114)   #301
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, but if they are streamed on Imsa or fox sports go then I think its a great move.

Does it matter anyways people were already howling that they weren't going to watch petit because there was going to be no p1 or international teams.(I guess rebellion running laps and muscle milk breaking was better to watch?)
Old 10 Aug 2014, 17:45 (Ref:3443115)   #302
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
To balance out the decent 2015 schedule--has anyone noticed that the Texas Shootout and Petit will both be Two-Hour, Next-Day, Taped Broadcasts?

I thought getting the might NASCAR marketing machine behind TUSC was supposed to gwet the series beeter media presence. Instead, we get shortened, delayed broadcasts? Yeah, because that worked so well for ALMS when they did it, right?

Not blaming anyone, not saying the serie sis doomed .... just outraged that the series, with All of NASCAR behind it, cannot even get live broadcasts for its races. I bet they won't stream the races either---wouldn't want to cut the TV audience.

This is beneath amateur.

I won't be watching either of these abortions. others can do as they please.
One might wish to read the whole thing before having a complete meltdown!
"Plans for live coverage are still being developed and will be announced later."

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/fi...to-air-on-fox/

L.P.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 17:46 (Ref:3443116)   #303
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
I agree, but if they are streamed on Imsa or fox sports go then I think its a great move.

Does it matter anyways people were already howling that they weren't going to watch petit because there was going to be no p1 or international teams.(I guess rebellion running laps and muscle milk breaking was better to watch?)
I was there and it was.

I was also there at Indianapolis when Action Express ran away and hid... I would rather watch P1 cars.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 17:46 (Ref:3443117)   #304
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
Nope. But I'd rather open another beer. Cheese would be nice, but my doctor suggested me to try low-sodium diet...so let's say beer and...another beer.
As long as 'Light' beer.

L.P.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 17:50 (Ref:3443118)   #305
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Personally, I don't care if there are any P1 teams in PLM or not. I know many people do care, because late-1998-201(1,2 or 3 depending on POV) was such an amazing period in North American motorsport.

But things change, lot of things have changed in 15 years and I don't mean just sports car racing has changed. Sometimes I wonder how would it have looked like if we had this kind of Internet when ACO went down to 5 litres in 60's? Or 3 litres during the oil crisis?
Old 10 Aug 2014, 18:12 (Ref:3443131)   #306
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you think there should be a race between Daytona and Sebring? The wait between the two is so long.

I also have note one really bad thing about this new schedule, no Midwest races!

No Mid-Ohio, no Heartland park, nothing in the Mid-West.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 18:14 (Ref:3443133)   #307
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So there will be TV coverage of at least something at Lime Rock Park in 2015. Good.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 18:29 (Ref:3443144)   #308
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcz View Post
Do you think there should be a race between Daytona and Sebring? The wait between the two is so long.

I also have note one really bad thing about this new schedule, no Midwest races!

No Mid-Ohio, no Heartland park, nothing in the Mid-West.
Michigan is in the Midwest…

And this is essentially the 2013 ALMS schedule except that Detroit has replaced Baltimore plus the addition of Daytona and Watkins Glen.

Last edited by TheMightyM; 10 Aug 2014 at 18:56. Reason: typo
Old 10 Aug 2014, 18:33 (Ref:3443149)   #309
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
And this is essentially the 2013 ALMS schedule except that Detroit has replaced Baltimore plus the addition of Daytona and Watkins Glen.
And LRP is not the first post-LM race
Old 10 Aug 2014, 18:33 (Ref:3443151)   #310
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Happy to see Kansas and Indy gone

2. Not happy that LMPC is at Mosport. That race should be P/GTLM only. GTLM has to deal with LMPC for 7 of their 10 races now. That should be 6 at least! This is BY FAR my biggest gripe with the schedule. Get LMPC out of Mosport.

3. Also I think that Lime Rock should be GTD only. But perhaps that is more viable in 2016 when its full GT3 cars and I assume that class grid size will grow.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 18:36 (Ref:3443155)   #311
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If they offer live streams (and Not FoxGo or whatever, which some carriers don't carry even though the customers paid the extra money for Fox2) that will be something ... not guaranteed so far is it?

Right now struggling to find a live stream which lasts for more than a few minutes because I happen to like to watch full broadcasts of sporting events live---but the top-tier North American sports car series cannot seem to manage to offer that.

So ... I trust everyone else is thrilled with Petit Le Mans being a two-hour highlight show, and I am the only one here who is philistine enough to actually think a ten-hour endurance race race might contain more than 80 minutes (after pre- and post-race, infomercials, and commercials) of relevant action?

Last edited by Maelochs; 10 Aug 2014 at 18:47.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 18:45 (Ref:3443158)   #312
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
So ... I trust everyone else is trilled with Petit Le Mans being a two-hour highlight show
Shh, it's the only series we've got in North America so if you disagree with the direction and decisions and thus don't support it it's your own fault if the series fails!

[/Hindy voice]
Old 10 Aug 2014, 19:05 (Ref:3443176)   #313
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Michigan is in the Midwest…

Detroit isn't the first thing that comes to mind when talking about the Midwest.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 19:09 (Ref:3443180)   #314
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post

2. Not happy that LMPC is at Mosport. That race should be P/GTLM only. GTLM has to deal with LMPC for 7 of their 10 races now. That should be 6 at least! This is BY FAR my biggest gripe with the schedule. Get LMPC out of Mosport.

3. Also I think that Lime Rock should be GTD only. But perhaps that is more viable in 2016 when its full GT3 cars and I assume that class grid size will grow.
1. I agree.

2. And six of those seven are the races in which all four classes are racing.

3. You're right that there aren't likely to be enough cars in 2015 -- if the GTD field is the same as this year, a pure GTD race might only have about 18 cars.
Old 10 Aug 2014, 19:43 (Ref:3443209)   #315
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Schedule is decent, but the cars running them are no improvement. GTE stuck running with lmpc. Should just have them run with gtd. Lime rock will be disappoiting without GTE there.
Old 11 Aug 2014, 02:05 (Ref:3443355)   #316
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

1. Generally agree. Kansas was lame, and while I didn't exactly dislike Indy it also wasn't all that special.

2. I liked the P/GTLM/GTD race we had this year, but wasn't it one of the GTD teams that was complaining about costs of having to go to Canada to race? Might have something to do with it.

I'm actually far more disappointed that VIR has had PC added to it. The all-GT race at VIR is the race I have been looking forward to the most all season, and GTLM is definitely the headline class in terms of quality and has manufacturers that appear to be putting most of the money into things, so giving them a chance to really shine seemed like a good move.

3. Not sure about GTD only, but I think it would have looked better as a GTLM/GTD race. Having 2 classes with amateur drivers at a tight twisty track that typically has its fair share of incidents... I'm not so sure it will go that well.
Old 11 Aug 2014, 02:22 (Ref:3443358)   #317
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
1. Generally agree. Kansas was lame, and while I didn't exactly dislike Indy it also wasn't all that special.

2. I liked the P/GTLM/GTD race we had this year, but wasn't it one of the GTD teams that was complaining about costs of having to go to Canada to race? Might have something to do with it.

I'm actually far more disappointed that VIR has had PC added to it. The all-GT race at VIR is the race I have been looking forward to the most all season, and GTLM is definitely the headline class in terms of quality and has manufacturers that appear to be putting most of the money into things, so giving them a chance to really shine seemed like a good move.

3. Not sure about GTD only, but I think it would have looked better as a GTLM/GTD race. Having 2 classes with amateur drivers at a tight twisty track that typically has its fair share of incidents... I'm not so sure it will go that well.
I thought VIR in 2015 will still be split LMPC race and GTLM/GTD race?
Old 11 Aug 2014, 02:38 (Ref:3443359)   #318
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38
we uncork wine and serve cheese?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Yes, we do!

But only if it's Yancey's Fancy!
Old 11 Aug 2014, 08:27 (Ref:3443413)   #319
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
I'm glad that they have scheduled Lime Rock Park again. Though having only gentleman classes there sounds a little compromise, but not having them at all...well PC+GTD is ok.

Yeah I agree. Not happy with having the two gentlemen classes on their instead of the two pro classes but at least it's still on the calender.
Old 11 Aug 2014, 10:18 (Ref:3443446)   #320
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I thought VIR in 2015 will still be split LMPC race and GTLM/GTD race?
Ah you are right, I was using the list that someone posted on the previous page that had it as "PC/GTLM/GTD" instead of "PC and GTLM/GTD." Guess I should have read the press release.

False alarm.
Old 11 Aug 2014, 14:37 (Ref:3443476)   #321
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Ed Brown (Patron's CEO) commits to another 25 years of in TUSC - and Le Mans!

Quote:
“I always told these guys that I’ll retire when these three things happen: I win Sebring, Daytona and Le Mans. When I get those three under my belt, I’m done driving!”
From http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/b...ng-to-le-mans/

So in 2015 a partial WEC campaign with one car before it rejoins the full time TUSC entry?
Old 11 Aug 2014, 19:45 (Ref:3443541)   #322
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How would patron pay for Le Mans if there won't be any branding on the car? No tobacco or alcoholic sponsors allowed in France, so who would pay that big bill?
Old 11 Aug 2014, 20:03 (Ref:3443547)   #323
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
How would patron pay for Le Mans if there won't be any branding on the car? No tobacco or alcoholic sponsors allowed in France, so who would pay that big bill?
Ed Brown.

L.P.
Old 11 Aug 2014, 20:34 (Ref:3443552)   #324
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Highcroft did it when they had Patron as a sponsor, using the space to promote Malaria No More. I'd guess Ed brown has some cash and some pull with the company.

If they do well at Le Mans that can be used for other ads afterwards.
Old 11 Aug 2014, 21:45 (Ref:3443569)   #325
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dagys posted on the SC365 Facebook page that they would run the Patron bees, as they do on the IMSA Lights car they sponsor in Europe.

This may not work:

Quote:
Kyle Hall Good article! Will be interesting to see what kind of sponsorship they out together as France will not allow a alcohol sponsorship when they go to lemans.

Sportscar365 The plan is to use the Patron bees, as used on their IMSA Lites car, in France.