Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 9 Feb 2020, 10:41 (Ref:3956534)   #3276
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brand ambassador, not team ambassador.
Old 9 Feb 2020, 10:46 (Ref:3956535)   #3277
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well if not Rob then it would be great to see Jordan and/or Ricky at least. Not likely to happen of course.
Old 9 Feb 2020, 10:58 (Ref:3956536)   #3278
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
If Collard wasn't a BMW ambassador, one of those remaining seats could be his
Or just hasn’t updated his website?
Old 9 Feb 2020, 11:10 (Ref:3956538)   #3279
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Who for - Caine or Motorbase?

Caine has had more success with GT's, and Motorbase have had more success with other drivers.

Caine has yet to have a full season, but he proved on the pace at the Brands finale last season
Old 9 Feb 2020, 11:13 (Ref:3956540)   #3280
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Wasn't Smiley linked to the 2nd Hyundai?
Old 9 Feb 2020, 11:31 (Ref:3956542)   #3281
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Caine has yet to have a full season, but he proved on the pace at the Brands finale last season
So, if I'm understanding this correctly, Caine driving for Motorbase is the logical choice for Motorbase because he hasn't completed a full season in BTCC before but managed an 8th in the same event that a team mate got a podium?
Old 9 Feb 2020, 11:40 (Ref:3956545)   #3282
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
So, if I'm understanding this correctly, Caine driving for Motorbase is the logical choice for Motorbase because he hasn't completed a full season in BTCC before but managed an 8th in the same event that a team mate got a podium?
Someone will have to drive that 3rd Focus if Shedden doesn't come back/takes over Simpson's car.
Old 9 Feb 2020, 11:43 (Ref:3956546)   #3283
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
So, if I'm understanding this correctly, Caine driving for Motorbase is the logical choice for Motorbase because he hasn't ........
It was just a passing comment. Please stop criticising everything
Old 9 Feb 2020, 11:45 (Ref:3956547)   #3284
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
The same goes for all those criticising Collard just cos I mentioned him being a potentially valuable asset to ExcelR8.
Old 9 Feb 2020, 11:56 (Ref:3956548)   #3285
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
I hadn't meant it as a criticism - just querying the opinion.

Can we not ask for posters to expand on their views now - do we have to just accept every post without discussing the points/opinions raised?
Old 9 Feb 2020, 11:57 (Ref:3956549)   #3286
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Someone will have to drive that 3rd Focus if Shedden doesn't come back/takes over Simpson's car.
Of course - all of the seats will be filled by someone. I just don't see the logic in it being Caine (from team or driver perspective) and was just asking for that view to be expanded or backed up with reason.
Old 9 Feb 2020, 12:02 (Ref:3956551)   #3287
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Of course - all of the seats will be filled by someone. I just don't see the logic in it being Caine (from team or driver perspective) and was just asking for that view to be expanded or backed up with reason.
Any suggestions besides Caine/Shedden?
Old 9 Feb 2020, 12:12 (Ref:3956553)   #3288
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Any suggestions besides Caine/Shedden?
If not Shedden, then....

Higher profile:
Hamilton.

Previous BTCC success:
Smiley, Dan Lloyd, Collard.

Future potential:
Brett Smith.
Old 9 Feb 2020, 12:13 (Ref:3956554)   #3289
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan Lloyd is already confirmed for TCR Europe so time to count him out.
Old 9 Feb 2020, 12:18 (Ref:3956555)   #3290
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Dan Lloyd is already confirmed for TCR Europe so time to count him out.
Yes. (IMO) he would have made a more logical choice than Caine though.

I'm pretty certain that when Motorbase announce their final driver, it will make more headlines than Caine would have achieved.
Old 9 Feb 2020, 12:18 (Ref:3956556)   #3291
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Can we not ask for posters to expand on their views now - do we have to just accept every post without discussing the points/opinions raised?
Yes but you don't have to voice your opinion on every single post...
Old 9 Feb 2020, 12:20 (Ref:3956557)   #3292
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
If not Shedden, then....

Higher profile:
Hamilton.

Previous BTCC success:
Smiley, Dan Lloyd, Collard.

Future potential:
Brett Smith.
Isn't Hamilton supposed to be at HARD? Smiley and/or Collard could certainly fit the bill either at Motorbase or the 2nd Hyundai. Must admit to missing Brett, he was really starting to show potential towards the end of 2018 (First pole, first podium which could have been a win had he not had the might of the Dynamics Honda's behind him). Anyone else have any ideas?
Old 9 Feb 2020, 12:20 (Ref:3956558)   #3293
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
The person who we all thought had retired is at a different team. And not necessarily as a driver.
Blundell, team-based role at AmD?
Old 9 Feb 2020, 12:25 (Ref:3956560)   #3294
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Or maybe Newsham? I can imagine his experience could help a team, maybe if he was a mentor
Old 9 Feb 2020, 12:28 (Ref:3956561)   #3295
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Yes but you don't have to voice your opinion on every single post...
But I'm free to aren't I? Unless you are imposing a restriction on me?

Please accept my apologies if I've upset you, I hadn't realised that you were an administrator on the thread....
Old 9 Feb 2020, 12:30 (Ref:3956562)   #3296
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Wonder if we'll get any more newcomers?
Old 9 Feb 2020, 12:36 (Ref:3956565)   #3297
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
But I'm free to aren't I? Unless you are imposing a restriction on me?

Please accept my apologies if I've upset you, I hadn't realised that you were an administrator on the thread....
Yes, you are free to, but it's tiresome when you reply to absolutely everything and it often comes across in a passive-aggressive manner. Please just tone it down a bit - it's etiquette.

--

Back to the BTCC.
Old 9 Feb 2020, 12:45 (Ref:3956567)   #3298
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yes. (IMO) he would have made a more logical choice than Caine though.

I'm pretty certain that when Motorbase announce their final driver, it will make more headlines than Caine would have achieved.
How would Lloyd be a more logical choice than Caine, Caine seems to be very much a motorbase driver having driven their gt cars, touring cars and with the team boss in his mustang at the Silverstone Classic

I thought you would have some insider knowledge about the 3rd driver especially after you post about the white based livery of the new car and which was going to be announced on the 3rd of February if I remember rightly, guess your source wasn’t that reliable
Old 9 Feb 2020, 12:52 (Ref:3956569)   #3299
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
How would Lloyd be a more logical choice than Caine,
Previous BTCC success.

I was posting about logical options they could have made, not who will be in the car.
Old 9 Feb 2020, 13:01 (Ref:3956570)   #3300
S griffin
Veteran

Lloyd and Caine are quite similar. Despite both being around the series for a while, neither has actually done a full season yet. Quite amazing when you think about it