Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 May 2021, 08:54 (Ref:4049340)   #3276
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Matt Simpson wouldn't be the worst driver to have in that seat. I know he's been involved in a few incidents, but he also did win a race on merit in 2018
Old 3 May 2021, 09:31 (Ref:4049356)   #3277
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Well he’s posted on Twitter a picture of his race licence
Patrick Watts and Robb Gravett both hold current licences... 2+2= BTCC? No.
Old 3 May 2021, 11:19 (Ref:4049376)   #3278
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Not sure if there's any mileage in this but 2 people this morning have said Matt Simpson is BTCs 3rd driver... Which seemed a bit unlikely to me as he's announced he's doing Pickups this year as he doesn't have the time to commit to BTCC
He's entered in the pickups but he didn't run at Mallory Park on Saturday; that probably doesn't mean anything other than he didn't run on Saturday!
Old 3 May 2021, 11:52 (Ref:4049382)   #3279
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Patrick Watts and Robb Gravett both hold current licences... 2+2= BTCC? No.
As does Andrew Jordan
Old 3 May 2021, 11:57 (Ref:4049384)   #3280
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
As does Andrew Jordan
If we are going to list everyone who has a race licence, we could be here some time.
Old 3 May 2021, 12:14 (Ref:4049388)   #3281
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
If we are going to list everyone who has a race licence, we could be here some time.
Ooh - yes, a mega thread with one driver listed per post, then a discussion on whether they will be in the BTC seat or not - along with an argument about whether they have more/less sponsorship than Dan Cammish.
Old 3 May 2021, 12:56 (Ref:4049393)   #3282
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Suzi Wolff
Old 3 May 2021, 13:11 (Ref:4049396)   #3283
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Suzi Wolff
If you mean Susie Wolff? Does she still hold a license after retiring?

Has links to motorsport that are well known, going back to her father who raced bikes.
Potential clash though with links to RoKit - unless that is the backing that she brings to BTC and we will see the name on more than one car on the grid?

Would she come out of retirement - she has shown no indication of doing so recently. I would expect more likelihood of her getting behind a graduate of the Girls on Track - Dare To be Different scheme.

So - in summary - if we are likely to see Susie in the BTCC paddock, I expect it would be in support of another female driver (which might be probable).

Old 3 May 2021, 14:03 (Ref:4049404)   #3284
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Potential clash though with links to RoKit - unless that is the backing that she brings to BTC and we will see the name on more than one car on the grid?
But is it more or less sponsorship than Cam Damage?
Old 3 May 2021, 14:15 (Ref:4049411)   #3285
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
But is it more or less sponsorship than Cam Damage?

If we follow forum logic - Dan left because Honda pulled out. And as BTCC fans will tell you - manufacturers bring multi-million pound budgets.
Old 3 May 2021, 14:17 (Ref:4049415)   #3286
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And yet manufacturer backed teams seem to attract the best drivers...
Old 3 May 2021, 14:19 (Ref:4049416)   #3287
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
And yet manufacturer backed teams seem to attract the best drivers...
Or - do the best teams attract the best drivers and manufacturer endorsement?
Old 3 May 2021, 14:51 (Ref:4049419)   #3288
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
If you mean Susie Wolff? Does she still hold a license after retiring?

Has links to motorsport that are well known, going back to her father who raced bikes.

Would she come out of retirement - she has shown no indication of doing so recently. I would expect more likelihood of her getting behind a graduate of the Girls on Track - Dare To be Different scheme.

So - in summary - if we are likely to see Susie in the BTCC paddock, I expect it would be in support of another female driver (which might be probable).

Her husband's team is based in Brackley, as are BTC. Coincidence?
Old 3 May 2021, 15:49 (Ref:4049429)   #3289
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've held several race licences before. They weren't mine though, I was helping out with driver sign-on for British GT

I will therefore not be racing with BTC this year.
Old 3 May 2021, 16:09 (Ref:4049435)   #3290
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Or - do the best teams attract the best drivers and manufacturer endorsement?

Well they probably wouldn’t be able to afford the best drivers if they didn’t have that extra budget, even if it’s not a million pound budget, which no one mentioned but you
Old 3 May 2021, 17:10 (Ref:4049455)   #3291
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did some racing as well on dirt tracks just outside Mutare, Zimbabwe.

......but I'm ruling myself out of the BTC seat.
Old 3 May 2021, 17:17 (Ref:4049458)   #3292
S griffin
Veteran

I’ve only raced electric karts, I reckon more practice and I will be ready for the BTCC
Old 3 May 2021, 17:42 (Ref:4049466)   #3293
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have a hill climb licence. I'm sure I'm an ideal candidate.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 3 May 2021, 18:48 (Ref:4049488)   #3294
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I have a hill climb licence. I'm sure I'm an ideal candidate.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
The return of Mike Bushell?
Old 4 May 2021, 07:28 (Ref:4049545)   #3295
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I've held several race licences before. They weren't mine though, I was helping out with driver sign-on for British GT

I will therefore not be racing with BTC this year.
You shouldn't give up on your dreams so easily, hold onto things and don't let opportunities fall through your grip
Old 4 May 2021, 08:42 (Ref:4049560)   #3296
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon we could put together a pretty decent multi-car team......

Has anyone got loads of money they can give me
Old 4 May 2021, 13:07 (Ref:4049612)   #3297
S griffin
Veteran

We can always try and buy the old Mercs
Old 4 May 2021, 14:03 (Ref:4049626)   #3298
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
We can always try and buy the old Mercs
Or a CC. I hear you can’t give them away...
Old 4 May 2021, 16:58 (Ref:4049665)   #3299
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Money is for amateurs!

We just need a couple of tidy runners off of Mr Arfur Daley, some jazzy stickers stuck on 'em and a couple of TBLs off Del Boy. I hear he has a couple and it's a pony the pair. The rumour that they originally said TV Licence on the top corner is just that.

We'll beat that Jason Potato easy...
Old 4 May 2021, 17:06 (Ref:4049668)   #3300
S griffin
Veteran

The problem is due to Brexit, Del Boy might not be able to get his imports, like Turkish raincoats or Romanian watches, anymore