Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 5 May 2021, 10:15 (Ref:4049794)   #3301
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have expected an announcement today, they’re cutting it a bit fin, aren’t they?
Old 5 May 2021, 10:31 (Ref:4049796)   #3302
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
I would have expected an announcement today, they’re cutting it a bit fin, aren’t they?
Has there ever been a later driver announcement for Race 1 of a BTCC season?
Old 5 May 2021, 10:33 (Ref:4049797)   #3303
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I seem to remember Plato’s drive RML was announced just a few days before the first round in 2009
Old 5 May 2021, 10:58 (Ref:4049803)   #3304
Inside BTCC
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Inside BTCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys - no insight into the BTC Racing seat as yet I'm afraid but the free season preview eMagazine is available if you want a read, including David Addison's tip for the title this season: https://insidebtcc.com/2021/05/05/20...now-available/
Old 5 May 2021, 11:02 (Ref:4049804)   #3305
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I seem to remember Plato’s drive RML was announced just a few days before the first round in 2009
Not as late as Giovanardis drive at Thruxton in 2010. Friday they rolled that car out of the truck with his name on the window to everyone's surprise.
Old 5 May 2021, 11:15 (Ref:4049807)   #3306
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Not as late as Giovanardis drive at Thruxton in 2010. Friday they rolled that car out of the truck with his name on the window to everyone's surprise.
Wow! Don’t see that one being beaten then....impressively late driver reveal.
Old 5 May 2021, 13:05 (Ref:4049840)   #3307
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
I’d assume there was a non complete clause involved but wouldn’t it be great if Cammish sacked the Porsches off and went to BTC?
Might have to take a punt at the lottery numbers now.
Old 5 May 2021, 13:05 (Ref:4049841)   #3308
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cammish in at BTC for this weekend. Press release seems to be at pains to be clear it is only for this weekend.

I'm guessing if you have to run the car for free (to retain the TBL) you might as well put in the best driver available.
Old 5 May 2021, 13:16 (Ref:4049846)   #3309
Robshillito1990
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Cammish in at BTC for this weekend. Press release seems to be at pains to be clear it is only for this weekend.

I'm guessing if you have to run the car for free (to retain the TBL) you might as well put in the best driver available.
He will still need to get to grips with how it drives though as BTC now running Toca engine so car won't feel the same
Old 5 May 2021, 14:20 (Ref:4049857)   #3310
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Not surprised he’s only in for the weekend. With so little time to find a driver, BTC just probably needed someone who would jump at the opportunity to fill in the seat for Thruxton and Cammish probably wouldn’t have needed asking twice. Anyway good to have on the grid for now, let’s see how he goes
Old 5 May 2021, 15:17 (Ref:4049865)   #3311
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Not surprised he’s only in for the weekend. With so little time to find a driver, BTC just probably needed someone who would jump at the opportunity to fill in the seat for Thruxton and Cammish probably wouldn’t have needed asking twice. Anyway good to have on the grid for now, let’s see how he goes
Plus, wouldn't he be at Thruxton anyway as he's racing in the Porsche Championship? (Or is the one he's in not on the BTCC support?)
Old 5 May 2021, 15:26 (Ref:4049872)   #3312
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Plus, wouldn't he be at Thruxton anyway as he's racing in the Porsche Championship? (Or is the one he's in not on the BTCC support?)
No Porsche’s until Snett, so he was free from his other commitments!
Old 5 May 2021, 15:28 (Ref:4049873)   #3313
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
If anyone doesn't use it at the moment, I recommend the Pitch BTCC app. It's not brilliant yet, but is the sort of thing that would improve massively if it became more popular.
Old 5 May 2021, 15:53 (Ref:4049879)   #3314
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
It's not brilliant yet, but is the sort of thing that would improve massively if it became more popular.
It would improve massively if they spent some money on it and generated some decent content.
Old 5 May 2021, 16:08 (Ref:4049883)   #3315
Robshillito1990
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
It would improve massively if they spent some money on it and generated some decent content.
And stopped creating TV shows about btcc to be shown on some tin pot sky channel when the ITV team do a perfectly good job
Old 5 May 2021, 16:16 (Ref:4049886)   #3316
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I would love to see Proctor or Thompson in that BTC seat. Be great for both driver and team
Could happen....
Old 5 May 2021, 17:01 (Ref:4049896)   #3317
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Somewhat hypothetical question, and one I feel I probably should already know the answer to. Is it possible to sell/transfer a TBL mid-season?

If BTC are unable the fill the seat full-time and risk loosing the TBL, could they sell/transfer/loan the entry to another team. Of course assuming that team had a driver/budget.
Old 5 May 2021, 17:06 (Ref:4049899)   #3318
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think they can sell them, but they can be returned to TOCA, who can re-allocate them. An example of this is when Neate's money didn't turn up in 2016 and Dynamics lost their third TBL. TOCA re-allocated it to Eurotech, who later failed to maintain it when they withdrew the additional entry for Dan Lloyd.
Old 5 May 2021, 17:19 (Ref:4049903)   #3319
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Somewhat hypothetical question, and one I feel I probably should already know the answer to. Is it possible to sell/transfer a TBL mid-season?

If BTC are unable the fill the seat full-time and risk loosing the TBL, could they sell/transfer/loan the entry to another team. Of course assuming that team had a driver/budget.
It used to be possible after the confirmed entry date, but this was changed for the 2017 season onwards following the 2016 'shuffling':
  • Rob Austin Racing and Support Our Paras Racing handed back their licences.
  • Houseman Racing sold its TBL to Eurotech.
  • Eurotech’s plans to race three cars were then shelved, TBLs went to BKR and Team HARD.
  • AmDTuning.com changed from a two car entry selling a TBL to Maximum Motorsport.
  • Honda’s third TBL was only used for one meeting. Eurotech went back up to run Dan Lloyd before going back to TOCA.

BTCC series director Alan Gow has clarified that an amendment to the TOCA BTCC Licence (TBL) rules for 2017 will prevent teams from moving licences now that the series’ entry deadline has passed.

Having said that - whilst BTC might not be able to sell/loan their TBL to another team, that's not to say that Team Dynamics couldn't help with funding a driver to take the BTC seat. Whether that driver would be DanCam, Matt or Henry Neal is a different question.........
Old 5 May 2021, 18:17 (Ref:4049923)   #3320
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the irony would be if Cammish has a really strong results and will have the ame fate as Giovanardi in 2010 then Gio scored 2 wins and was leading the championship only for no sponsors to show up...
Old 5 May 2021, 18:26 (Ref:4049925)   #3321
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
the irony would be if Cammish has a really strong results and will have the ame fate as Giovanardi in 2010 then Gio scored 2 wins and was leading the championship only for no sponsors to show up...
I can see the potential similiarities on a superficial level. I feel the differences this time revolve around the TBL though:
Cammish has/had the backing in place, but the lack of available TBL was the issue. He is already lined up to race in another series too, so not in the position of finding himself without a drive after the first meeting.

It will be an interesting situation though if he is leading the championship (or even just the leading Honda) after Thruxton. (Which I think is a distinct possibility).

There is a long gap between Thruxton and Snetterton for serious discussions behind closed doors to be had.
Old 5 May 2021, 20:27 (Ref:4049932)   #3322
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I can see the potential similiarities on a superficial level. I feel the differences this time revolve around the TBL though:
Cammish has/had the backing in place, but the lack of available TBL was the issue. H
Interesting implication there that Cammish was shown the door to make room for someone else. Cammish had the seat...Then didn't.

We all know the reason and it wasn't TBL availability for all 3, it was the size of the cheque. Dynamics simply needed the largest 2 from 3. The Honda-supported world in which Dan signed his multi year contract doesn't exist now. I would assume he had a nice termination clause which paid a significant portion his Porsche drive now.

Remember the lineup timeline was going to be

Dan C and Matt
Then Honda left
Dan C and Dan R
Then
Dan R and Flash

It's easy to see what happened and why. 3 cars had never ever been an option.
Old 5 May 2021, 21:15 (Ref:4049938)   #3323
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
So is it now safe to say the factory Kia's are off the menu 'til 2022 or could we yet have some more shenanigans before a tyre turns in anger...
Old 6 May 2021, 05:53 (Ref:4049966)   #3324
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
So is it now safe to say the factory Kia's are off the menu 'til 2022 or could we yet have some more shenanigans before a tyre turns in anger...
With the Rich Energy "money" now on the Vauxhall its fair to say the Kia is on hold .....for now
Old 6 May 2021, 06:39 (Ref:4049967)   #3325
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Remember the lineup timeline was going to be

Dan C and Matt
Then Honda left
Dan C and Dan R
Then
Dan R and Flash

It's easy to see what happened and why. 3 cars had never ever been an option.
Er, no.

The original plan was three cars, for Dan C, Matt and Flash.
When Honda pulled out, the plan became Dan C, Dan R and Flash.

It was only when they couldn't get a third TBL that they had to lose Dan C.

It wasn't about money, as Dan C was bringing plenty of budget with him.