Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 10 Sep 2012, 02:12 (Ref:3133542)   #326
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was a little disappointed in Mitch because I thought he had thrown it away after an amazing start and those blistering laps all he needed was a top 10 finish and the bonus points would get him home. But to see de costa get passed I was up and cheering. Great last few laps with good result for us NZ fans.

Wonder where will see Mitch next year.

Back to NZ Motorsport, got to say I'm sorry for Brian L getting stuck in the middle of this mess. I hope that Motorsport NZ take the time to get the next move right.
Old 10 Sep 2012, 03:43 (Ref:3133551)   #327
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommersby View Post
Hear hear!
And a double 'hear hear'....man that was an epic, on the edge of your seat rate at Monza last night. I watched it live, and for a while i had to look away after he'd had that puncture.

But then, nek minnit, the red and black car gets passed Apt and stays there.....

So will we see Mitch in GP2 next year? (apparently about $2mil to fund a season)

Sorry, i realise i am totally in the wrong thread/forum here, but meh....
Old 10 Sep 2012, 03:53 (Ref:3133556)   #328
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Sorry, i realise i am totally in the wrong thread/forum here, but meh....
no kidding! this is the moaning and *****ing thread
Old 10 Sep 2012, 04:55 (Ref:3133566)   #329
Sommersby
Racer

Sommersby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
no kidding! this is the moaning and *****ing thread
By golly though, isn't it good to see we can all agree on something...because lets be honest, our passion is what it is, because we love this game.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 05:58 (Ref:3134594)   #330
KRDG
Rookie

KRDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear all past and present officers of TMC/MPL

Please read the following and take note.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/business/7650563/Scaffolding-firm-investigated

Its going to get interesting soon............ and MSNZ execs will be implicated as well.......

There are no back doors or side exits to escape this one...........
Old 12 Sep 2012, 08:11 (Ref:3134636)   #331
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRDG View Post
Dear all past and present officers of TMC/MPL

Please read the following and take note.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/business/7650563/Scaffolding-firm-investigated

Its going to get interesting soon............ and MSNZ execs will be implicated as well.......

There are no back doors or side exits to escape this one...........
I think I said the same thing the other day, cant wait until it starts rolling out, It may have already started in fact.

Trading while insolvent, thats a no no

Lets hope MPL/MSNZ have a good understanding of the Companies Act

Last edited by nistfan; 12 Sep 2012 at 08:18.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 08:46 (Ref:3134658)   #332
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
isn't it funny.........
there is i direct collelation between dogy behaviour in the ST camp, and the frequency of mud being slung against MSNZ/TMC/MPL.

fire with fire ??
Old 12 Sep 2012, 08:51 (Ref:3134660)   #333
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
isn't it funny.........
there is i direct collelation between dogy behaviour in the ST camp, and the frequency of mud being slung against MSNZ/TMC/MPL.

fire with fire ??
V8ST aren't claiming to be the impartial governing body of motorsport in NZ, plus it is very unlikely they have broken the law. Let's just see what comes out in the next couple of months...

Roger H has no involvement with ST at all but he and Socram are amongst the harshest critics of the antics of MNZ and MPL. Kind of blows that theory out of the water doesn't it? I don't have any involvement in ST either but am also unimpressed with MNZ.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 09:00 (Ref:3134664)   #334
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
V8ST aren't claiming to be the impartial governing body of motorsport in NZ, plus it is very unlikely they have broken the law. Let's just see what comes out in the next couple of months...

Roger H has no involvement with ST at all but he and Socram are amongst the harshest critics of the antics of MNZ and MPL. Kind of blows that theory out of the water doesn't it? I don't have any involvement in ST either but am also unimpressed with MNZ.
i was reffering more towards when ST either have technical failures, or technical irregularities, the ST camp start firing shots at MSNZ/TMC/MPL instead of doing their own housework.

hypocrites, much??
Old 12 Sep 2012, 09:04 (Ref:3134666)   #335
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
i was reffering more towards when ST either have technical failures, or technical irregularities, the ST camp start firing shots at MSNZ/TMC/MPL instead of doing their own housework.

hypocrites, much??
I don't think you get it.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 09:07 (Ref:3134670)   #336
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

hypocrites, much??
Who are the ST people firing the shots???
Old 12 Sep 2012, 09:12 (Ref:3134671)   #337
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
Who are the ST people firing the shots???
I don't think they will need to. MSNZ AND MPL seem to have done it all by themselves
Old 12 Sep 2012, 09:18 (Ref:3134675)   #338
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
I don't think you get it.
get what , exactly?. when ST is running sweet, yourself, Jerico, Nistfan etc are singing praises of NzST. if their is a minor issue, NZSTfan comes on and spouts out how quickly ST 'iron out the bugs', but when the Sh!t hits the fan and engines/ boxes blow-up or fuel suspension is tampered with, you guys swap tact and slag of anything to do with MSNZ/TMC/MPL.

the pattern is alive and well on the forum.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 09:28 (Ref:3134679)   #339
KRDG
Rookie

KRDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
isn't it funny.........

fire with fire ??

Dear Mr Smokin

Please stand further away from the fire. What ever you are inhaling is not helping your power of reasoning............
Old 12 Sep 2012, 09:52 (Ref:3134694)   #340
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
get what , exactly?. when ST is running sweet, yourself, Jerico, Nistfan etc are singing praises of NzST. if their is a minor issue, NZSTfan comes on and spouts out how quickly ST 'iron out the bugs', but when the Sh!t hits the fan and engines/ boxes blow-up or fuel suspension is tampered with, you guys swap tact and slag of anything to do with MSNZ/TMC/MPL.

the pattern is alive and well on the forum.
People could say the very same about you and your little posse.
Pot calling the kettle black.
Don,t use my name in you little rant. You go and find my posts where i'm raving about how ST is the greatest and my posts bagging msnz/tmc/mpl.

It wasn't that long a go you couldn't come on here and say anything positive about ST! You had to fight the gang to get out. Remember Joe?
Old 12 Sep 2012, 10:34 (Ref:3134711)   #341
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Pot calling the kettle black.
Don,t use my name in you little rant. You go and find my posts where i'm raving about how ST is the greatest and my posts bagging msnz/tmc/mpl.

It wasn't that long a go you couldn't come on here and say anything positive about ST! You had to fight the gang to get out. Remember Joe?
Gentlemen (in general), maybe it's time for a little kip with a plan to revisit all this in the morning with clear heads.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 10:46 (Ref:3134717)   #342
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
what posse?? apparently my digger was in the 'Hutt, to see if they would bacfill the hole as they dug themselves out.......... unfortunately, they dug themselves deeper. i have aloyalty to MSNZ as the administrator of the sport in NZ...... couldn't care less about TMC/MPL, but would like to see actual allegations and names regarding wrong-doing instead of constant unfounded inuendo of what someone supposedly might have done.

Quote:
if the 'you' one if referring to is me, i was only against how ST came about .......... ain't got bugger all nice to say about either factions.

NZST came about through some underhand bu!!sh#t from both factions, but is a good concept, poorly executed. would have been better if egos had allowed them to stay with the 5L formula, and they had a bark to them .
NZV8/TMC. if you only do, what you have always done, there will be no improvement on the spectacle .
Old 12 Sep 2012, 10:46 (Ref:3134718)   #343
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Gentlemen (in general), maybe it's time for a little kip with a plan to revisit all this in the morning with clear heads.
'Night all!
Old 12 Sep 2012, 10:56 (Ref:3134722)   #344
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Old 12 Sep 2012, 11:51 (Ref:3134749)   #345
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
RogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As far as I'm concerned, the criticisms of MSNZ and particularly it's connection with TMC/MPL was not generated by ST.

In fact, the criticisms precede ST and go back a long way - for example I've recently come across a letter to the editor of AutoNews from 41 years ago (1971) voicing concerns with the then MANZ, much the same as the current criticisms of MSNZ - nothing has really changed.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 20:58 (Ref:3135010)   #346
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
As far as I'm concerned, the criticisms of MSNZ and particularly it's connection with TMC/MPL was not generated by ST.

In fact, the criticisms precede ST and go back a long way - for example I've recently come across a letter to the editor of AutoNews from 41 years ago (1971) voicing concerns with the then MANZ, much the same as the current criticisms of MSNZ - nothing has really changed.
That's quite depressing really - does it mean that nothing is going to change I wonder?
Old 13 Sep 2012, 04:26 (Ref:3135153)   #347
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is quite sad that it can't all be sorted, while I am sure there are faults on both sides, I just have this feeling that it is going to get messy when it all hits the fan. I wonder though if the members of MSNZ (the Clubs) should look at getting an independent audit done of MPL's accounts...
Old 13 Sep 2012, 05:33 (Ref:3135163)   #348
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evomike View Post
I wonder though if the members of MSNZ (the Clubs) should look at getting an independent audit done of MPL's accounts...
I believe there would be "earth moving" support for that idea. I have never heard of any organisation where the managers could refuse to provide details of "expenses and disbursements" when questioned by the major shareholder (MSNZ) of said organisation. To me that has always meant the guys running TMC where a couple of bullyboys, and MSNZ were just plain weak-kneed.

Pathetic, no matter how you window-dress it.
Old 13 Sep 2012, 05:50 (Ref:3135175)   #349
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
I believe there would be "earth moving" support for that idea. I have never heard of any organisation where the managers could refuse to provide details of "expenses and disbursements" when questioned by the major shareholder (MSNZ) of said organisation. To me that has always meant the guys running TMC where a couple of bullyboys, and MSNZ were just plain weak-kneed.

Pathetic, no matter how you window-dress it.
i think you will find that MNZ and TMC(as it was then) were efectively one entity running out of the MNZ offices and with the key TMC people being paid from the TMC account....wasnt Kerry cooper the GM of MNZ before he went full on with TMC?........
I would be sure that there would be some relieved people within MNZ now that the TMC/MPL anchor has dropped in the sea....
there is a lot of guilty by asociation talk on these threads....
I would imagine it would have been very hard to out talk or out argue the smooth talking and legally smart likes of Fine and cooper .........and i would guess most of the circuit people are also sleeping a bit easier as well...i am sure the whole deal will start to improve and maybe some needed focus will go back on member clubs etc as it all moves forward....
Old 13 Sep 2012, 06:29 (Ref:3135185)   #350
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcey View Post
i think you will find that MNZ and TMC(as it was then) were efectively one entity running out of the MNZ offices...
Probably so, but I have heard many times that at past AGM's questions have been tabled requesting additional information about outgoings from the TMC accounts, and the TMC response has been to refuse to provide that information. Is that not correct?