Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 21 Jul 2010, 13:42 (Ref:2730153)   #326
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
BMW need to work on their engine and perhaps look at going 6-speed seq on all cars if they are having trouble with the ratios at some tracks. However this is all academic if they intend on pulling out of WTCC after 2010, which will be a shame, because for me, touring cars is Alfa-Romeo and BMW, one of which has already vanished, so my interest may well wane very soon.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 17:43 (Ref:2730255)   #327
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As much I wish they didn't, I don't think BMW leaving will kill the series. They might do what SEAT has done and carry on development with Independents.

If Volvo, Subaru, Honda and Ford come in, Chevy stay on and Lada finds the cash -I remember Lotti saying they left due to a lack of funds- for next year then I think we will have a very capable grid.

6 Manufacturers x 3 cars per team = 18 Cars + Independents.

The WTCC is still young and finding it's feet, give it another 5 years and then we'll see what it becomes.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 20:11 (Ref:2730326)   #328
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
As much I wish they didn't, I don't think BMW leaving will kill the series. They might do what SEAT has done and carry on development with Independents.

If Volvo, Subaru, Honda and Ford come in, Chevy stay on and Lada finds the cash -I remember Lotti saying they left due to a lack of funds- for next year then I think we will have a very capable grid.

6 Manufacturers x 3 cars per team = 18 Cars + Independents.

The WTCC is still young and finding it's feet, give it another 5 years and then we'll see what it becomes.
I'd say that's very optimistic.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 21:15 (Ref:2730351)   #329
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm just amazed that I'm that optimistic about it for all of the terrible decisions that have been made.

Maybe I'm just stuck in the past?