Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Jul 2012, 17:15 (Ref:3102035)   #326
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seems Charlie's phone runneth over.

Well let's see who we think could be in the new FPR 4th car:

Chaz Mostert: Driving for Ford Performance Racing’s and is the first driver linked to Schwerkolt’s entry. Mostert currently leads this year’s Dunlop Series. However, a lack of main game experience will hurt him in chances going for the drive.

James Moffat: Currently driving with Schwerkolt’s REC as the #18 Norton DJR Ford Falcon, Moffat has also driven with FPR at Bathurst in 2010 as Steven Richards' co-driver and also with the satellite team Norton-Ford Rising Stars in the then known Fujitsu Series. Moffat can bring good sponsorship money cashing in on his last name (being the son of Bathurst legend Allan Moffat) and has the car speed but his form this year may work against him with inconsistent results. Next year could we see once again a Norton backed factory Ford Falcon?

James Courtney: Even though he's stated that's he's a HRT man through and through, weirder things have happened in the world of V8 Supercars. Courtney has worked with Schwerkolt in the past with DJR and has done wonders for the blue oval winning their first championship since Triple Eight defected to the red lion. But his form with the factory Holden squad has been nothing but disappointing. Could we see a #66 Pepsi Max black/blue coloured Ford with "Courtney" written on the side? Time will tell.

Andrew Thompson: A bit surprising this one. He's the new Steve Owen, been in and out of the championship, has had results and is quick but at the same time he's had some bad luck come his way. He's no stranger in the main game, racing for Paul Weel Racing in 2008 and done the odd enduros, last time with TeamVodafone with the #88 car. He does have ties with Monster Energy so he can bring some pace and money to the car if Monster doesn't go to Triple Eight's main game cars as title sponsor.

Taz Douglas: Another one that is surprising. Even though sitting in 23rd in the championship, his boss Lucas Dumbrell has quoted: "....is disappointed with the season so far." Being in a single car team with no other setup data and being Taz's first year in the main game can be seen as very tough. A change of scenery to a factory squad and some very decent team mates can help in more ways than one for the guy who has been called "a fighter both on and off the track." (Owing to his terrible bout with Lymphatic Cancer)
Old 4 Jul 2012, 22:43 (Ref:3102165)   #327
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some interesting scenarios there.

I'd hardly see LDM's season as a disappointment. They're doing as good as, if not slightly better than they were when Dan Gaunt piloted the ex-WR nugget.

Perhaps they're trying to do things their way, instead of the Triple 8 way...
Old 5 Jul 2012, 03:20 (Ref:3102222)   #328
Peregrine
Racer

Australia
Emu Plains
Peregrine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trading Post ceases FPR sponsorship

As per Speedcafe it looks like another of the sports major sponsors is departing the scene. Unless of course they are playing musical chairs again to join 888 ?

http://t.co/Y2OsgQy6
Old 5 Jul 2012, 10:17 (Ref:3102327)   #329
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will parent company BigPond be next?
Old 5 Jul 2012, 11:19 (Ref:3102351)   #330
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not good news, but the brand wasnt leveraged to achieve incremental sales..

Where will FPR look to underprice an existing participant in the sport now?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 5 Jul 2012, 21:25 (Ref:3102585)   #331
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
19x 2013 Teams Without Confirmed Major Sponsors

Old 5 Jul 2012, 21:45 (Ref:3102596)   #332
mspence
Racer

mspence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
And rumours that the cash from the TV deal - if there is any guaranteed cash - is not up to the expectations means a fairly dicey time for all.

Could be that the cash injection from TV deal comes from ad funding, rather than direct TV station payment.
Old 5 Jul 2012, 23:05 (Ref:3102620)   #333
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspence View Post
And rumours that the cash from the TV deal - if there is any guaranteed cash - is not up to the expectations means a fairly dicey time for all.
And not having a TV deal announced wouldn't be helping all those teams secure sponsors for next year....
Old 12 Jul 2012, 01:07 (Ref:3105394)   #334
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
LOCKWOOD Racing team boss Brad Jones says he wants to keep Fabian Coulthard for 2013, despite the Kiwi being the latest driver linked with Charlie Schwerkolt’s, Ford Performance Racing-run entry next year.
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/champi...5/default.aspx

Fabs could be a key player in the silly season, he's been a Fordie before. He's been pretty good this year but has had some mechanical dramas and I wasn't really impressed with his prang into Rick at Townsville.
Old 12 Jul 2012, 04:10 (Ref:3105421)   #335
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/07/12/...-kelly-racing/

Seems Mr Caurso is being hunted by the Kelly-NISMO team. Could we see a Fujitsu backed Nissan while Greg Murphy takes Mike's spot at GRM?
Old 12 Jul 2012, 04:50 (Ref:3105424)   #336
rik
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
[url]Could we see a Fujitsu backed Nissan while Greg Murphy takes Mike's spot at GRM?
I doubt Fujitsu will be backing Nissan as they are contracted to GRM until the end of 2013:

http://www.grmotorsport.com.au/grm-Fujitsu.php

Also I can't see Garry wanting an old guy like Murphy who's well past his peak.
Old 12 Jul 2012, 05:24 (Ref:3105430)   #337
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/champi...5/default.aspx

Fabs could be a key player in the silly season, he's been a Fordie before. He's been pretty good this year but has had some mechanical dramas and I wasn't really impressed with his prang into Rick at Townsville.
i assume there is no option clause on his WR contract. but i guess Mr Percat has 1st dibbs on any seat over there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
I doubt Fujitsu will be backing Nissan as they are contracted to GRM until the end of 2013:

http://www.grmotorsport.com.au/grm-Fujitsu.php

Also I can't see Garry wanting an old guy like Murphy who's well past his peak.
that all depends if Garry needs the almighty Pepsi $$, assuming its Murph and not KR that Pepsi want the most
Old 12 Jul 2012, 05:47 (Ref:3105432)   #338
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would think that Pepsi would prefer to ride on the coat tails of the Nissan inclusion, rather than that of Murphy and his replacements bumbling around at the rear of the field.
Old 12 Jul 2012, 10:21 (Ref:3105495)   #339
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Somehow it seems we are going to get a new story every week how Driver X or Pilot Y or Superstar Z is being linked to Kelly Racing for 2013.

Do they really know who is in the 3rd & 4th cars, and using this as a distracting smoke screen? Or are prospective pilots still having to give their credit card details before talks commence?

All the talk of Nissan factory 'millions' seems to just be talk... sure the contribution to the Kelly Racing squad is much more than Holden has provided recently, however most of it seems to be in kind (parts or knowledge..) not raw dollars.. certainly not enough to start paying people market rates for their drives..

There is still a lot of water to go under the bridge for 2013... while there was chat on SpeedCafeAd about HRT *not* being for sale.. there are noises around suggesting someone is in the field, tyre kicking, at one of the current teams who has courted a car maker (and missed out..)

Lets see what happens next...
Old 12 Jul 2012, 10:54 (Ref:3105519)   #340
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mr Fabulous to FPR??

Old 12 Jul 2012, 12:21 (Ref:3105554)   #341
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Hmm, a lot of people in the running for the 4th FPR car. It'll come down to who's fast on the track and bank account accessibility.
Old 12 Jul 2012, 13:52 (Ref:3105607)   #342
rik
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
that all depends if Garry needs the almighty Pepsi $$, assuming its Murph and not KR that Pepsi want the most
Ummm, Fujitsu have title sponsorship rights at GRM until end of 2013, signed less than a year ago. I don't see how they could accommodate Pepsi?
Old 12 Jul 2012, 14:00 (Ref:3105611)   #343
rik
Veteran

Quote:
Do they really know who is in the 3rd & 4th cars, and using this as a distracting smoke screen? Or are prospective pilots still having to give their credit card details before talks commence?
Hopefully Nissan do have some sort of budget set aside for obtaining quality drivers for the 3rd and 4th cars!

Who'd be on their list and out of contract? Fabs, Caruso, anyone else? Villeneuve?
Old 12 Jul 2012, 21:20 (Ref:3105769)   #344
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
SBR 'Completely Committed To Ford"

So there!
Old 12 Jul 2012, 21:32 (Ref:3105776)   #345
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
is that why Matt has broken away from SBR though?? young McLaughlin has Indian manufacturer support ??
Old 13 Jul 2012, 00:47 (Ref:3105845)   #346
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Quote:
"I didn’t hire him with the intention for him to be here just for one season.”

Coulthard is out of contract at the end of the season

If that was not the intention then why a single year contract?
Old 13 Jul 2012, 01:01 (Ref:3105849)   #347
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he is 'on loan' from Walkinshaw.

There is a video of Walky stating that he will have Fabian back in 2013.

I don't see how though...
Old 13 Jul 2012, 02:44 (Ref:3105862)   #348
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post
I think he is 'on loan' from Walkinshaw.

There is a video of Walky stating that he will have Fabian back in 2013.

I don't see how though...
Will Uncle Brad and Uncle Kim buy out his contract so he can stay in the Lockwood car?
Old 20 Jul 2012, 10:21 (Ref:3108964)   #349
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
World Touring Car front-runner Rob Huff has indicated his interest in seeking a full-time drive in V8 Supercars.
Old 20 Jul 2012, 13:07 (Ref:3109038)   #350
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
World Touring Car front-runner Rob Huff has indicated his interest in seeking a full-time drive in V8 Supercars.
After seeing someone as well credentialled as Mr Premat struggle, is anybody else going to take the chance?