Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 10 Jul 2012, 19:56 (Ref:3104793)   #326
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://tinyurl.com/BGP-2012-Marshals-on-TV

My Photos from the weekend, including towards the end of the gallery, screen grabs from the two F1 Shows and Qualifying as shown on SkyF1HD.

As all the photos are on Facebook, and Public - feel free to Tag away and pick out your moments of fame.
Old 10 Jul 2012, 20:31 (Ref:3104819)   #327
Sticker Rub
Racer

United Kingdom
Peterborough
Sticker Rub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
http://tinyurl.com/BGP-2012-Marshals-on-TV

My Photos from the weekend, including towards the end of the gallery, screen grabs from the two F1 Shows and Qualifying as shown on SkyF1HD.

As all the photos are on Facebook, and Public - feel free to Tag away and pick out your moments of fame.
Fame at last (picture 53). I'm too lowly to tag but from left to right David Cameron, Patrick Dewil, Martin MacBean. Thanks to Mr Pic for completely ignoring instructions & totally knackering 3 marshals.
Old 10 Jul 2012, 20:48 (Ref:3104828)   #328
Richyy
Rookie

England
Chester
Richyy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What an awesome weekend had a great time on Village and the near 360 views of the cars at the end of the armco and also thanks to the drivers for the car control demonstrations when it all got slidy. a little wet and muddy for my liking, however I came away with sun burn ! so couldn't have been too bad

hopefully ill be there again next year with any luck
Old 10 Jul 2012, 20:57 (Ref:3104835)   #329
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a great time as usual. Thanks to everyone at Brooklands, especially Martin and Howard, my flagging partners. We were so lucky to have the cabin to hide out of the rain in. Had a good time on the campsite. The socialside really is great.

Although we didn't need them, I'd like to add my thanks to the JCB crews for all of their hard work. Tremendous work, guy.

See you all in 2013.
Old 11 Jul 2012, 08:31 (Ref:3104980)   #330
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Marshals, the fifth emergency service http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmHrY...ature=youtu.be

Tinkerbell the Landy saves the AA!

And that was on the Friday - the mud got a lot worse after that...

(credit to Adrian Williams for the video)
Old 11 Jul 2012, 14:29 (Ref:3105160)   #331
SRPhoto
Veteran

Wales
Wrexham
SRPhoto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While a feel metal track in the Marshals camp-site and somewhere dry (ish) to stand while on post rather than in 3 inches of mud and water would have been nice on the whole I enjoyed the weekend.

Thanks go to the JCB crews on Sunday and Monday helping us off the camp-site and also to the people keeping the showers and toilets clean, even on the Monday morning as the camp was shutting down. It must have been sole destroying moping the floor only to be covered in mud 30 minutes later.

I have not done enough days this year to volunteer for 2013, but hopefully it will be dryer for those of you who return.

BMMC Member since Oct 2001
Marshalled my first Rally on 9th March 2002 (Malcolm Wilson Rally)
Marshalled my first Race on 6th April 2002 (750MC - Oulton Park)
Marshalled my first British F1 GP 18th/20th July 2003
Old 11 Jul 2012, 16:06 (Ref:3105199)   #332
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
SR photo, you've still got until November to accumulate those days. I've not done enough yet either, but I will have by the time the forms need to go in!
Old 11 Jul 2012, 17:44 (Ref:3105242)   #333
SRPhoto
Veteran

Wales
Wrexham
SRPhoto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza View Post
SR photo, you've still got until November to accumulate those days. I've not done enough yet either, but I will have by the time the forms need to go in!
No chance Ill get another 11 days in between now and then, been tied up with other things this year.....

BMMC Member since Oct 2001
Marshalled my first Rally on 9th March 2002 (Malcolm Wilson Rally)
Marshalled my first Race on 6th April 2002 (750MC - Oulton Park)
Marshalled my first British F1 GP 18th/20th July 2003
Old 11 Jul 2012, 20:18 (Ref:3105313)   #334
ZERO_Motorsport
Rookie

ZERO_Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A big thanks to all who organized the event, campsite and marshals campsite rescue at the end of Sunday.... With all the JCB's made available it made you feel like a priority. (we just about escaped without the need for one though, with the what felt like <20% at the front 4x4 Elgrande)

Also a shout out to one of the most fun and charismatic marshals posts I have been on for some time… Even though we were stuck in the rain drenched out in the open with little place to shelter other than a flooded tunnel… The guys I was on post with at Flag point 26 Hanger Straight (or India if your incident) Thanks to our IO "Fun and Safety" will stick in my mind as the true moto of motorsport marshalling… and hey even the BBC mentioned us, I won’t post the screen shot to avoid legal issues, but they commented on us all smiling in the appalling conditions and that’s how we got through it with the usual marshalling camaraderie, which was nice to see at such a large/important event as i see at my local circuit at Oulton.

Thank you all very much for making my 26th Birthday one to remember on post with your newly discovered Orange mates.

Phil Ackerley
Old 12 Jul 2012, 12:20 (Ref:3105553)   #335
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For those of you who camped and got out alive, without trench foot, I've spoken to the nice people at Unlap who have kindly offered to make some unique, one-off t-shirts made with the following text printed on them:

"I Survived The Marshals Campsite at the 2012 British Grand Prix"

They're available in a range of colours and sizes, so if you're interested in having one, please fill in this form (sample logos are on there) and I'll do a bulk order in a couple of weeks.

Please note that these items *will not* be appearing in their normal product list, they are only available through me making a bulk order, and I am not making any money out of this whatsoever (in fact I will not be handling the money as payment will be made through PayPal). I must be mad!
Old 12 Jul 2012, 16:57 (Ref:3105666)   #336
Barry P
Rookie

England
Seaford, East Sussex
Barry P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
For those of you who camped and got out alive, without trench foot, I've spoken to the nice people at Unlap who have kindly offered to make some unique, one-off t-shirts made with the following text printed on them:

"I Survived The Marshals Campsite at the 2012 British Grand Prix"

They're available in a range of colours and sizes, so if you're interested in having one, please fill in this form (sample logos are on there) and I'll do a bulk order in a couple of weeks.

Please note that these items *will not* be appearing in their normal product list, they are only available through me making a bulk order, and I am not making any money out of this whatsoever (in fact I will not be handling the money as payment will be made through PayPal). I must be mad!
Thanks for sourcing and sorting this out. Have ordered a couple, one each for me and my son. Has to be orange base colour!
Old 12 Jul 2012, 17:06 (Ref:3105668)   #337
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have to say I'm very tempted, would have to be orange on black for me.
Old 12 Jul 2012, 17:54 (Ref:3105687)   #338
Steveo9920
Rookie

Steveo9920 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Put in an order for black on orange; I had a chuckle when I saw the shirts Thanks for organising Greem
Old 12 Jul 2012, 19:04 (Ref:3105713)   #339
CookieMonster
Rookie

Wales
Manchester
CookieMonster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent idea! Ordered one each for me and Mr H, thanks for getting this sorted!
Old 12 Jul 2012, 19:42 (Ref:3105729)   #340
Glovesman
Rookie

England
Kent
Glovesman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These are excellent, order placed. Thanks Greem, much appreciated.

These would make a great sticker too.
Old 12 Jul 2012, 21:06 (Ref:3105755)   #341
Bakersboy
Racer

England
Stoke on Trent
Bakersboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wish I'd have been at sillystone - then I could order one
Old 12 Jul 2012, 21:21 (Ref:3105771)   #342
AndyT
Racer

England
Peterborough
AndyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I must be mad!

Water must have got to you
Old 13 Jul 2012, 12:58 (Ref:3106015)   #343
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just a quick update: Unlap will be closing for a summer break from July 30th so I need to get orders in by July 23rd. If you want one, please get filling the form (linked to above) in so I can warn him how many we need! Ta.
Old 13 Jul 2012, 19:21 (Ref:3106131)   #344
mikenunn-78
Racer

United Kingdom
mikenunn-78 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Order placed! Great job Greem!
Old 15 Jul 2012, 20:18 (Ref:3106789)   #345
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant, I've just ordered a couple
Old 15 Jul 2012, 21:57 (Ref:3106824)   #346
Tris1976
Rookie

Wales
Carmarthen, South Wales
Tris1976 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just a quick update: Unlap will be closing for a summer break from July 30th so I need to get orders in by July 23rd. If you want one, please get filling the form (linked to above) in so I can warn him how many we need! Ta.
Do you have any idea when we will get information on how to pay for these?
Old 16 Jul 2012, 09:50 (Ref:3107008)   #347
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
T-Shirt update...

Because there's been far more orders for shirts than Luke and I anticipated he's now put the t-shirts on his website as a listed product - and has added mugs too

http://www.unlap.co.uk/clubs-blogs/marshals

***They have also added "2000" Tshirts and mugs as well as 2012 stickers - make sure you order the t-shirts for the right year!**** [Piglet]

He'll be emailing everyone with the details, but if you want one you can now order them directly from Unlap. Happy days!

And for completeness, the slogan was Justin Moran's idea.

Last edited by Piglet; 16 Jul 2012 at 19:42. Reason: Added mugs. And Justin. **Piglet updated to add re 2000 tshirts"""
Old 16 Jul 2012, 10:02 (Ref:3107024)   #348
Tris1976
Rookie

Wales
Carmarthen, South Wales
Tris1976 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So if we've already used your form to order, should we re-order or wait for him to contact us?
Old 16 Jul 2012, 10:04 (Ref:3107028)   #349
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
He'll email you with a link to his site so you can go and order there - it was the easiest way to do payments in the end, so I apologise in advance for the inevitable "I already filled in my details" messages - sorry.

The gory details are that with a small number of orders he could have emailed out a direct payment link, but the numbers got too big to do that meaning it was easiest to add the product to his existing range.
Old 16 Jul 2012, 10:11 (Ref:3107037)   #350
MacGWC
Racer

United Kingdom
Hanslope, Bucks
MacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stoic is the word that comes to mind to describe the reaction of GP marshals to what must have been a most uncomfortable weekend. It is amazing what hardships the marshals' sense of humour can overcome.

Well done all you guys and gals for such a positive reaction - shows what British marshals are made of!

Last edited by MacGWC; 16 Jul 2012 at 10:16. Reason: spelling