Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 20 Sep 2014, 16:13 (Ref:3455503)   #326
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Considering or evaluating is something else than committing to it, seems to me mr. Dagys is a little bit too 'scoop eager' on this (and other items emerging from chatting with teams/drivers). Sure most of them would like to participate on the world stage in some shape or form at one time but that's about all there's to say about it.
I don't see what the problem is?

A GTD team with ambitions to step up to the WEC is newsworthy. Especially against the backdrop of this weekend and dissatisfied TUSC teams. Not many people are in a position to announce firm 2015 plans right now.

If all you want to read is confirmations just stick to team PR.
Old 20 Sep 2014, 16:22 (Ref:3455509)   #327
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
I'm sure half of the teams or so are 'looking at possibilities in WEC', same goes for ELMS or even Blancpain ES entrants, nothing new there if you ask me.
Old 20 Sep 2014, 16:22 (Ref:3455510)   #328
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Considering or evaluating is something else than committing to it, seems to me mr. Dagys is a little bit too 'scoop eager' on this (and other items emerging from chatting with teams/drivers). Sure most of them would like to participate on the world stage in some shape or form at one time but that's about all there's to say about it.
Meh does no harm

If Dagys hadn't been so eager to figure out & publish the ALMS/Grand-Am buyout in august 2012, those idiots probably wouldn't have officially announced it until the morning of Roar Daytona testing 2014
Old 20 Sep 2014, 17:45 (Ref:3455633)   #329
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I'm sure half of the teams or so are 'looking at possibilities in WEC', same goes for ELMS or even Blancpain ES entrants, nothing new there if you ask me.
The WEC is a massive undertaking for a team so I highly doubt what you're saying.

There's a difference between wanting to race there some day and actually having conversations about doing it next year.
Old 20 Sep 2014, 19:27 (Ref:3455739)   #330
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Anybody seen the TUSC race? The best so far. COTA is an amazing track forget the Nostalgia and your mind playing tricks. Sebring´s ashpalt is a joke.
Old 20 Sep 2014, 19:38 (Ref:3455745)   #331
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Clearly, you don't even know the difference between asphalt and concrete, which is what the old airbase at Sebring is paved with. I'd say nice try, but it wasn't even close to it.
Old 20 Sep 2014, 20:38 (Ref:3455770)   #332
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Clearly, you don't even know the difference between asphalt and concrete, which is what the old airbase at Sebring is paved with. I'd say nice try, but it wasn't even close to it.
Sebring is a mix of both asphalt and concrete I believe.
Old 20 Sep 2014, 21:33 (Ref:3455785)   #333
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Yes, but the part that gets all the comments about the bumps is the "lower" portion of the circuit, which is on the old ramp, taxi-ways, and runways. Those are all most certainly paved in concrete.
Old 20 Sep 2014, 23:14 (Ref:3455882)   #334
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Allan Mcnish saying the esses of COTA are one of the best in the world. F*** Sebring and other hillbilly tracks.
Old 20 Sep 2014, 23:33 (Ref:3455910)   #335
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess one would say that after being coddled for so long by tikedomes.
Old 21 Sep 2014, 02:04 (Ref:3456109)   #336
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Corvette Racing was taking a look at the WEC for next year, they're certainly not going to be looking now after today's antics
Old 23 Sep 2014, 15:33 (Ref:3456917)   #337
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Corvette - as a factory team - have already ruled out joining the WEC next year.

Also

No 3rd Toyota at LM it seems:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116000
Old 23 Sep 2014, 15:44 (Ref:3456918)   #338
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
facepalm... sometimes I think that toyota should organize a charity live aid event to beg money for the third car...
Old 23 Sep 2014, 17:26 (Ref:3456938)   #339
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/g...-2015-options/

GB Autosport planning a WEC programm for next year. At least four races (which would be Silverstone, Spa, LM, Austin I guess).
Old 23 Sep 2014, 19:35 (Ref:3456969)   #340
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Corvette - as a factory team - have already ruled out joining the WEC next year.

Also

No 3rd Toyota at LM it seems:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116000
Thats a repeat of Racer's interview that took place before Austin. Theres not yet a decision, but Autosport likes concluding things.

Is there going to be the same criticism if Porsche runs two cars again? Thats looking as likely.
Old 23 Sep 2014, 19:53 (Ref:3456976)   #341
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Thats a repeat of Racer's interview that took place before Austin. Theres not yet a decision, but Autosport likes concluding things.

Is there going to be the same criticism if Porsche runs two cars again? Thats looking as likely.
Don't know Porsche has the GTE squad as well - running a 3rd prototype might jeopardize that program at LM?

The 3rd Toyota looks very unlikely at this stage, Vasselon tries his best to explain and emphasize it's not a done deal yet but I wouldn't count on it (3rd car being there)...
Old 23 Sep 2014, 20:50 (Ref:3456986)   #342
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
(shouldn't this go in the TS040 thread) It is too much like a deja vu. Every year since the started there has been this speculation and everytime they've ended up with two cars.
Old 23 Sep 2014, 21:26 (Ref:3457001)   #343
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nah, it's just that those make for less thrilling racing imo. Which is the essence of it as being a fan.
Yup, and also a missed opportunity for variety. Just like running 6H races only (apart from LM of course), not inherently wrong or bad but not doing the series any good either in terms of interest.
Old 23 Sep 2014, 22:09 (Ref:3457009)   #344
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Yup, and also a missed opportunity for variety. Just like running 6H races only (apart from LM of course), not inherently wrong or bad but not doing the series any good either in terms of interest.
Variety is one of the key elements of sportscar racing, standardizing is not. Hence the low tolerance towards spec classes.

Building the Lone Star Le Mans into a special event like Neveu says the WEC wants to, doesn't make sense either if they stick to their standard 6H format (although it would be hard to realize if the WEC wants to continue to combine their race with the Tudor race on the same day but that's besides the point).
Old 23 Sep 2014, 23:01 (Ref:3457025)   #345
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Chris Reinke on the cost reduction talks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uky9VQf7lZI#t=160
Old 24 Sep 2014, 05:59 (Ref:3457090)   #346
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Chris Reinke on the cost reduction talks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uky9VQf7lZI#t=160
In text: http://www.racer.com/wec-le-mans/ite...-cutting-plans
Old 24 Sep 2014, 08:17 (Ref:3457114)   #347
Alex Langheck
Racer

Alex Langheck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Variety is one of the key elements of sportscar racing, standardizing is not. Hence the low tolerance towards spec classes.

Building the Lone Star Le Mans into a special event like Neveu says the WEC wants to, doesn't make sense either if they stick to their standard 6H format (although it would be hard to realize if the WEC wants to continue to combine their race with the Tudor race on the same day but that's besides the point).
Ah, a ‘special event’ – well having another 6 Hour race doesn’t make it special. Are they hamstrung by the ‘Endurance’ in the series Title?? I’ve said it before, but will say it again, it should be the WSC. Then you can get away with 500km, 2h 45min, etc races. I know people have commented that having 6 hour races plus Le Mans is fine – but I’d disagree. Standardisation may work in F1, but for other motorsports it doesn’t.
Old 24 Sep 2014, 08:41 (Ref:3457117)   #348
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Langheck View Post
Ah, a ‘special event’ – well having another 6 Hour race doesn’t make it special. Are they hamstrung by the ‘Endurance’ in the series Title?? I’ve said it before, but will say it again, it should be the WSC. Then you can get away with 500km, 2h 45min, etc races. I know people have commented that having 6 hour races plus Le Mans is fine – but I’d disagree. Standardisation may work in F1, but for other motorsports it doesn’t.
Back in the day there were races like the 9 hours of Kayalami, 12h Sebring, etc.
I'm not married to standardization, just as long as they keep on being endurance races.
Old 24 Sep 2014, 09:00 (Ref:3457119)   #349
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Back in the day there were races like the 9 hours of Kayalami, 12h Sebring, etc.
I'm not married to standardization, just as long as they keep on being endurance races.
I agree - my main peeve with the (standardized) 6 hours is that they're over wayyyy too quickly.
Old 24 Sep 2014, 09:54 (Ref:3457129)   #350
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
I agree - my main peeve with the (standardized) 6 hours is that they're over wayyyy too quickly.
Agreed. I was always partial to 9 hours. Start at 2pm and end at 11pm. Get a good slice of daylight and some night driving too.