Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Sep 2004, 06:43 (Ref:1094712)   #326
Spunky
Racer

Spunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Because nobody could understand the Nasa theory!
Old 13 Sep 2004, 06:45 (Ref:1094713)   #327
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by dynamik gal
I dont work for TD but I am a fan, and I believe that there are a few people out there who are being quite nasty when they really should back off.

We've seen in the past times when people have over exaggerated situations and apart from being blatantly rude to the teams who are trying to get jobs done, it is unfair for fans like us who try to support their teams and want a fair trial for all.
No one is being nasty, well no more than they were being sneaky, the fact that they decided that the people were so un trustworthy at AVESCO/TEGA is a bit of a puzzel to me, and why would they be so secretive.Why has Oscar been present at both the tests that have occured illigaly in the past few years, why does hte storie keep changing, why oh why. Thay are even sue ing the former driver for damages to there ill handling cars. Thay are just sinking and trying to deny it. Anyway Simon will be on to clear it all up soon I am sure

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 13 Sep 2004, 07:18 (Ref:1094734)   #328
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A little off topic - can anyone tell me what the deal is with the control ECU?
When is it given to the teams i.e. when they purchase the franchise, the first day they test or race their car or is it changed every meeting?
Also, how often are they checked?
Old 13 Sep 2004, 07:47 (Ref:1094750)   #329
Techo
Racer

Techo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by retro
According to today's paper they are saying it's all about a new/old computer racing simulation where you need known parameters to set up the software. It was originally a Formula 1 invention.

Some of the other teams already have it. An expert on this software was at Woomera.

So wether this was for the general public or for the team itself or for the software company we are yet to find out.

Does anyone know the name of the software.
edit:- Techo I am thinking you might know this???
There is a Guru involed in making these type of programs (of which you can call them what you like) working with TD's guru, they have been working together for a while now.

Dunno about the private development thing, as I see no real reason to test for SIM stuff in a straightline, only areo/coast down(friction) stuff I would have thought.

The extra sensors is what i want to find out about, as this could be as simple as running a piro where not allowed to, but where it's located could tell us more as to what there up to.

I've heard quite a bit & still can't firgure out the full story..could be a bit of both ?

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.
wrong or right -dunno, life would be a bit boring if everyone play nice....
Old 13 Sep 2004, 08:17 (Ref:1094773)   #330
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know much about the piro sensors but if you had them mounted on each corner of the car this would give you some good set up data for spring rates - shock settings - wing angles - tyre pressure - ground clearence and so on.

Enter all that into the program and I presume you would get some fantastic set up data. This could very well transfer to a road car.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 13 Sep 2004, 08:22 (Ref:1094782)   #331
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pito tubes maybe??
Old 13 Sep 2004, 08:24 (Ref:1094784)   #332
Techo
Racer

Yes -true.
They are allowed these normally on shock travel.
My guess is it was a traction test !
A speed sensor ( Light to ground ? ) post to post ?
Drive baby drive
Old 13 Sep 2004, 08:27 (Ref:1094789)   #333
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rdmdog
Pito tubes maybe??
The list of sensors could be endless.

Maybe they have invented a new shock/spring combo for road cars????

Last edited by retro; 13 Sep 2004 at 08:31.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 13 Sep 2004, 10:03 (Ref:1094889)   #334
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anyone know why the fine given was US$50,000 instead of the $250k in the AVESCO/TEGA rulebook?

Answer: Because the maximum fine allowed for such an infringement under FIA rules is US$50,000.... meaning yet another piece of the local rule puzzle is damned near useless, and defers to the parent.

With that level of inconsistency, and a number of rules in the Supercar book that have never strictly speaking been tested, and therefore a precedent set, the ruling by the stewards was walking on new ground, with very little history to go by.

I maintain that these rules can be tidied up significantly, to include the current legal processes of the land to maintain consistency, to allow a clear path of adversarial discussion, evidentiary rules, treatment and allowance of witnesses, appropriate quorum in the hearings etc etc instead of requiring discretion on the part of the stewards.

That one of the 3 ruling on this case was a legal bod seems to have been a fluke rather than a pre-ordained conclusion....

... that Kelvin may have prejudiced the discussions by the AVESCO releases is also a problem for me, when it contradicts another section of the rules....

When these AVESCO/TEGA people keep tripping over their genitalia, using powerful, emotive words, and the power of throwing these kinds of things at Channel Seriously to make good a foolish notion that they are actually doing something about "cleaning up the sport", then it is a sweet kind of justice when the tactics used ultimately do not achieve the slighted end game.

Time for a new TEGA boss I would have said... to put a professional business manager in the position, appropriately recompensed as compared to the wider world, responsible to the board, as opposed to being an autonomous loose cannon.

My question now is whether the damage done by Kelvin has actually done more harm to the sport than any alleged impropriety that Dynamik may have dreamed up....

-----------------------------------------------------------

Meantime, Mr Wills Sr is heavily involved in new business startups, indeed he has a number of brands on the Dynamik cars that are of a similar vein. The industrial application of whatever it is the team was working on is likely to be the next incarnation of a business venture.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 10:09 (Ref:1094895)   #335
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Techo
Max fine !
I would think thats the rules !
I think you will find there is a red team with a 3 seater gaining miles, GREY area too, and overseas 4 post rig testing has been happening, so lets not get carried away that these teams are all clean cut, as you have seen with 2 other high profile cases it's only cheating if you get caught & if you get publicly penalised...
Whispers from the powder room suggest that the multipost shaker rig at Ford Geelong has been used at some point in the last couple of seasons by a certain British mob....
Old 13 Sep 2004, 12:18 (Ref:1095074)   #336
Techo
Racer

Yep !
A few teams have had a go there over the years.
The WommeraGate guru spent some $$ there too.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 12:55 (Ref:1095123)   #337
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Is it illegal to use the "multipost shaker" ?
Old 13 Sep 2004, 13:39 (Ref:1095177)   #338
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Quote:
Originally posted by Techo
Yep !
A few teams have had a go there over the years.
The WommeraGate guru spent some $$ there too.
That would have been data for the computer program I suspect.

Old 13 Sep 2004, 23:00 (Ref:1095770)   #339
dynamik gal
Racer

Netherlands
F1 Melbourne, Australia
dynamik gal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The fine was actually US$80k, which equals AU$104k. The fine was broken down into four sections, one for using sensors not authorised by AVESCO, one for intentionally breaking testing rules, one for not having decals on the transporter and one for using the Dunlops.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 00:42 (Ref:1095816)   #340
Techo
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by mixxer
Is it illegal to use the "multipost shaker" ?
NO:not that I know.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 00:45 (Ref:1095820)   #341
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Realistically, how many teams have access to one?

Perhaps there's a business opportunity there for someone, especially in SE Queensland.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 03:15 (Ref:1095852)   #342
Techo
Racer

I think some of the Qld boys have visited, I believe the Ford one is available at request.

A former Melb Ford team flew in equitment & a guru from the UK a few years back ! -It did'nt Help as much as expected !:confused:

Apparently a red team used a resourse in the USA in recent times to do the same type of testing..

Keeps them occupied
Old 14 Sep 2004, 10:26 (Ref:1096132)   #343
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 'multipost shaker'? That would be GTR M would it not? Multi posts and a lot of (moving and) shaking...

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 14 Sep 2004, 11:58 (Ref:1096218)   #344
Onlooker
Veteran

Ha ha PMSL.

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 14 Sep 2004, 13:37 (Ref:1096337)   #345
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mattracer
The 'multipost shaker'? That would be GTR M would it not? Multi posts and a lot of (moving and) shaking...
Look out
Old 15 Sep 2004, 10:07 (Ref:1097087)   #346
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I thought some of the insight into this in MN was very good... the explanation of CFD systems and their possible Australian motorsport application were very interesting.

Whether they are true or not.... is the $104k question isnt it?
Old 15 Sep 2004, 10:48 (Ref:1097119)   #347
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Qld. Readers haven't received MN again on the due day. Come to think of it AA wasn't there either.
Seems like the transport company needs a bit more of a shakeup.
Old 15 Sep 2004, 11:50 (Ref:1097169)   #348
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Is that M Noske's new job? delivery boy for the magazines
Old 15 Sep 2004, 12:27 (Ref:1097204)   #349
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
I thought some of the insight into this in MN was very good... the explanation of CFD systems and their possible Australian motorsport application were very interesting.

Whether they are true or not.... is the $104k question isnt it?
Can you fill us non- magazine buyers in??

Old 15 Sep 2004, 12:39 (Ref:1097218)   #350
Onlooker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by pete55
Qld. Readers haven't received MN again on the due day. Come to think of it AA wasn't there either.
Seems like the transport company needs a bit more of a shakeup.
That is Ok, us who can't be bothered stopping at the newsagents are yet to recieve ours too