Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 26 Feb 2014, 14:11 (Ref:3372371)   #3526
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can't see Webber with Monster or Burn on his overalls.
Old 26 Feb 2014, 14:19 (Ref:3372375)   #3527
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Shame about the modern alcohol laws in France. The potential for a Jagermeister-Red Bull hook-up would have been too good to miss otherwise.
Old 26 Feb 2014, 14:28 (Ref:3372377)   #3528
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
http://www.porsche.com/microsite/mis...rnational.aspx Countdown to the reveal of the Porsche 919 at the Geneva Auto Show. March 4th, Tuesday, morning.
That site is great, they have a video of what it took to construct their race truck! Porsche committed 30 people to the project!

Last edited by joeb; 26 Feb 2014 at 18:51.
Old 26 Feb 2014, 14:41 (Ref:3372379)   #3529
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
The Webber factor would make sense, with regards to Red Bull.
Yes, and Alex Hitzinger (head of Porsche LMP1 Development ) was Head of Advanced Technologies' for Red Bull F1 and Scuderia Toro Rosso.
Old 26 Feb 2014, 14:46 (Ref:3372382)   #3530
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
and that it is an Austrian company with Dr. Helmut Marco (ex Porsche driver) as an influential figure in the outfit , makes it a more likely choice. Not guaranteed; but more likely.[/QUOTE]

I would have thought that Mark Webber would have been keen to get away from Dr Marko.

Sean Cullen
Old 26 Feb 2014, 15:04 (Ref:3372384)   #3531
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't think he will have to work with him again.
Old 26 Feb 2014, 16:45 (Ref:3372407)   #3532
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The Webber factor would make sense, with regards to Red Bull.
Since they've already confirmed Veltin's brewing as a partner... beer and Red Bull the new drink?

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 26 Feb 2014, 17:29 (Ref:3372420)   #3533
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
Since they've already confirmed Veltin's brewing as a partner... beer and Red Bull the new drink?
I hate to think what that tastes like.
Old 26 Feb 2014, 21:36 (Ref:3372490)   #3534
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Maybe E-I has a new source but I don't remember a single convincing rumor of Red Bull. It has been mostly "1 + 1 = Red Bull" speculation.

I'd take it gladly though.
Old 26 Feb 2014, 21:42 (Ref:3372497)   #3535
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Maybe E-I has a new source but I don't remember a single convincing rumor of Red Bull. It has been mostly "1 + 1 = Red Bull" speculation.

It would be pretty funny if the swirl-camo they've been running in testing was the real livery!

Old 26 Feb 2014, 21:50 (Ref:3372502)   #3536
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It would be pretty funny if the swirl-camo they've been running in testing was the real livery!
A tribute to Jan Lammers's 'Racing for Holland'?

Last edited by BudLightJaguar; 26 Feb 2014 at 21:57.
Old 26 Feb 2014, 22:18 (Ref:3372515)   #3537
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
http://www.24h-en-piste.com/2003/200...liminaires.jpg
Something far older...

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...-swirlies.html
Old 27 Feb 2014, 01:51 (Ref:3372559)   #3538
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Needs some wheels.
Old 27 Feb 2014, 05:34 (Ref:3372598)   #3539
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:

No one said the rumors were convincing. What was said was that the rumors were persistent.
Again: These are rumors. Not certainties. If they were certainties, then we would not need to discuss them.
Old 27 Feb 2014, 07:06 (Ref:3372617)   #3540
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Needs some wheels.
Sounds really funny for me.
Old 27 Feb 2014, 08:28 (Ref:3372642)   #3541
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
Some of the early dutch tenths paid for their name on a small panel on the car, think it said "Dutch stuff at Tertre Rouge" Lamers managed to raise enough money that way to keep the car running but it was not very fast as i remember
Old 27 Feb 2014, 11:14 (Ref:3372694)   #3542
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Some of the early dutch tenths paid for their name on a small panel on the car, think it said "Dutch stuff at Tertre Rouge" Lamers managed to raise enough money that way to keep the car running but it was not very fast as i remember
That's interesting. But seriously, the team never succeeded in LM24 or Le Mans Series. It had some success in the FIA Sportscar Championship in the series's declining years, but the grid consisted of quite generic field of privateer open-top LMP900's and hill climb cars (kind of 'European prototype lites').
Old 27 Feb 2014, 12:43 (Ref:3372723)   #3543
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
but it was not very fast as i remember
Not very fast? In 2001 it held provisional pole for a while and it ended up 4th on the grid, behind the Joest Audis, but for Johansson's Audi and the Bentleys and Chryslers. Too bad the team was too small to unlock the car's full potential and did it suffer from reliability gremlins now and then.
Old 27 Feb 2014, 13:50 (Ref:3372746)   #3544
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
No one said the rumors were convincing. What was said was that the rumors were persistent.
Again: These are rumors. Not certainties. If they were certainties, then we would not need to discuss them.
"Convincing" referred to where it is being said, this was probably the first time RB was even mentioned on a reliable news website/magazine. Unless I'm forgetting something it has been really just talk and speculation on forums, only based on Webber's and some other personnel's connections to RB, unlikely to be based on any insider hints.

Example of what would be a bit more convincing (relevant to this thread in another way too): http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112504
Old 27 Feb 2014, 14:11 (Ref:3372755)   #3545
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
I think I understand what you are trying to say, but as EI pointed out, it is only a rumor. They were reporting a rumor. It is as valid as any forum speculation (based on reasonable criteria), unless of course they have a "reliable source"...which they do not claim.

BTW - Webber will wear a RB helmet. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/108324

Last edited by Spyderman; 27 Feb 2014 at 14:21.
Old 27 Feb 2014, 15:37 (Ref:3372780)   #3546
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Not very fast? In 2001 it held provisional pole for a while and it ended up 4th on the grid, behind the Joest Audis, but for Johansson's Audi and the Bentleys and Chryslers. Too bad the team was too small to unlock the car's full potential and did it suffer from reliability gremlins now and then.
memory coming back now Vince i do remember Wouter and his mates getting very excited on the thursday evening, they still camp on TR but never seem to be around in the forum now
Old 27 Feb 2014, 16:03 (Ref:3372794)   #3547
Breitling24
Veteran

Quote:
I think I understand what you are trying to say, but as EI pointed out, it is only a rumor. They were reporting a rumor. It is as valid as any forum speculation (based on reasonable criteria), unless of course they have a "reliable source"...which they do not claim.

BTW - Webber will wear a RB helmet. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/108324
He has a personal contract with RB. I think his helmet will not change, but RB will not be any where on the cars. Similar to TUSC driver Tomy Drissi wearing his Muscle Milk driving suit no matter where he drives, and Tom Kristensen speaking for, and wearing a Rolex (personal sponsor) while driving for the team sponsored by Oris, this year, and TAG Heuer last.

Old 27 Feb 2014, 17:12 (Ref:3372812)   #3548
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
He has a personal contract with RB. I think his helmet will not change, but RB will not be any where on the cars. Similar to TUSC driver Tomy Drissi wearing his Muscle Milk driving suit no matter where he drives, and Tom Kristensen speaking for, and wearing a Rolex (personal sponsor) while driving for the team sponsored by Oris, this year, and TAG Heuer last.
Good. I prefer the cars in white.
Old 27 Feb 2014, 17:15 (Ref:3372814)   #3549
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Car # 20 : Timo Bernhard, Brendon Hartley and Mark Webber
Car #14 : Romain Dumas, Neel Jani and Marc Lieb

Tweeted by Porsche Motorsport
Old 27 Feb 2014, 17:17 (Ref:3372815)   #3550
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Car # 20 : Timo Bernhard, Brendon Hartley and Mark Webber

Tweeted by Porsche Motorsport
Which would fit in with what Autosport leaked about a month ago.