Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 4 Feb 2016, 04:44 (Ref:3611441)   #3651
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good job Toyota. Take the one part of your livery that made it at least stand out a little from the other two lame liveries run in the class, and throw that away.
Old 4 Feb 2016, 05:08 (Ref:3611443)   #3652
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
Woah brand new Gazoo Racing livery

Red black and white
Much,much better.
Old 4 Feb 2016, 06:19 (Ref:3611449)   #3653
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The livery is awful the old one complimented the cars shapes..
Old 4 Feb 2016, 06:31 (Ref:3611450)   #3654
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red and white for me are the colours that a Toyota should race in. Not sure about the livery but hopefully it suits the new car more.
Old 4 Feb 2016, 06:36 (Ref:3611452)   #3655
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
That's just a mockup on the old car. The final livery might look a little different going by the commentary during the press conference.

Here's a side shot of the new vs old car

You can see the updated chassis shape. The roofline really is tighter.
Old 4 Feb 2016, 07:46 (Ref:3611460)   #3656
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
So much for the livery diversity then. Red, black and white again. I am not blaming Toyota though, but the evident lack of inspiration in terms of liveries that the manufacturers are suffering from at the moment.
Old 4 Feb 2016, 08:01 (Ref:3611462)   #3657
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
But Toyota has historically been red. They were blue these past 4 years because the hybrid aspect. Audi and Porsche have yet to show their livery so we should wait to see what they have. I never confused Audi and Porsche last year. Imo, they look nothing alike despite being predominantly white.
Old 4 Feb 2016, 08:02 (Ref:3611463)   #3658
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Where is a logo of the battery supplier?
Old 4 Feb 2016, 08:16 (Ref:3611464)   #3659
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't know what to feel about the new livery. The blue livery was really nice looking and a shame that we lost that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I never confused Audi and Porsche last year. Imo, they look nothing alike despite being predominantly white.
Yes, I also think the three manufacturers are different enough to be recognized. But again, it is so difficult to design something pleasing to the eye and run it for the whole championship (and not just Le Mans)?
Old 4 Feb 2016, 08:29 (Ref:3611466)   #3660
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
There isn't a NISSHINBO logo in 2016 liveries car.
But there seems no alternative logo.
Old 4 Feb 2016, 09:11 (Ref:3611475)   #3661
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The livery is the expected... because of the Gazzo racing colors IMHO

Like that video from Porsche 2016 testing, i think this images Toyota release are from 2015 aero with the new engine.
Old 4 Feb 2016, 09:41 (Ref:3611490)   #3662
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
Where is a logo of the battery supplier?
What are you implying? Is there any chance the supplier is not Panasonic?
Maybe it's build by Toyota, as far as I know they do have their own battery research, but I doubt they can produce more than prototype.
Old 4 Feb 2016, 11:06 (Ref:3611509)   #3663
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Battery is one of the most important parts in hybrid car.
So, battery supplier should be a technical partner of Toyota.
However, its logo isn't found in today's 2016 livery.
(Nisshinbo logo was already removed.)
Old 4 Feb 2016, 11:23 (Ref:3611512)   #3664
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The white-black-red fashion strikes again. A nice livery but which begins to be boring.
Old 4 Feb 2016, 11:32 (Ref:3611514)   #3665
sssssssss
Veteran

sssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the black on the front fenders really looks bad. i suppose it should compensate for the bulky shape, but i'm not sure it's doing any good in terms of looks.

hopefully audi will go back to silver, as 2015 proved they can lose le mans (and wec) in the typical german-winning white livery, not just in the typical german-winning silver livery as in 2009.

and maybe porsche will do the same color trick they did at le mans in 2015, i liked that a lot.
Old 4 Feb 2016, 11:45 (Ref:3611516)   #3666
Akrapovic
Veteran

Australia
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Beautiful livery and car. Shame it's the same colour as Audi and Porsche again, and Rebellion for that matter. But it is a good looking car for sure!
Old 4 Feb 2016, 12:00 (Ref:3611521)   #3667
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't mind going to red "again"

Old 4 Feb 2016, 13:21 (Ref:3611549)   #3668
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Private teams have better liveries than manufacturers. For example, Rebellion, KCMG, G-Drive, Falken or Dempsey. The only exception to me are Alpine and Mazda.
Old 4 Feb 2016, 13:49 (Ref:3611564)   #3669
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wouldn't mind the red if it was primarily red, but as it is it's yet another primarily white car, with some red and a neutral (grey or silver or black in this case). I'd be plenty satisfied with some TS020 throwback liveries.

It confuses me a bit how these manufacturers are signing off on these boring same-y color choices, as that seems like one of the easiest things to do to draw some eyes to your car. Doesn't someone at Toyota look at the livery and ask "hm it's okay, but can't we do something to set ourselves apart from the others a bit more?" or something?

I agree that isn't easy to mix the cars up exactly, but rather it makes the whole thing feel a bit more boring somehow.
Old 4 Feb 2016, 15:02 (Ref:3611591)   #3670
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very Disappointing Livery IMHO. From a distance they will all look very similar.
Old 4 Feb 2016, 15:23 (Ref:3611598)   #3671
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Also Matthias Beche is still in contact with Toyota, if Hirakawa doesn't get the testing role maybe he's a candidate. Adrian Sutil also tested the TS040 recently as well.

Last edited by kvenom; 4 Feb 2016 at 15:31.
Old 4 Feb 2016, 18:34 (Ref:3611643)   #3672
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Not bad on the livery front, but not good either. I wonder if the livery simply isn't given the time of day, or if the partners/suits prefer a generic livery rather than risk something more daring.
Old 4 Feb 2016, 20:44 (Ref:3611676)   #3673
TF110
Veteran

United States
You guys should probably read their press release if you're concerned with the livery. And when did we see Audi or Porsche's new livery? They could be totally different.
http://www.toyotahybridracing.com/re...for-a-new-era/

Quote:
As well as an updated logo, a 2015 show car displayed the new black, white and red livery which will be modified for the TS050 HYBRID. This revised colour scheme follows the team’s adoption of the TOYOTA GAZOO Racing name in May last year, signifying the increasing importance of motorsport to TOYOTA.
I bolded for emphasis. It may not change much, but the livery is near the exact same as every show car during the press conference! That's probably not going to stay the same come March 24th.

On Sutil, Autohebdo and Motorsport-total are reporting he tested the 040 and could be in the running for reserve driver.
Old 4 Feb 2016, 23:32 (Ref:3611718)   #3674
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm hoping the TS050 will have more aesthetically pleasing headlights than anything else, I'd like to see something like this again:

But I agree the new livery is quite dull, hope it looks better on the new car.
Also inb4 Adam43 complaining about people complaining about the new livery.
Old 4 Feb 2016, 23:37 (Ref:3611719)   #3675
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
Private teams have better liveries than manufacturers. For example, Rebellion, KCMG, G-Drive, Falken or Dempsey. The only exception to me are Alpine and Mazda.
Neither of which is manufacturer... "Alpine" is just rebranded Oreca run by mediocre Signatech team and "Mazda" rebranded Lola run by mediocre Speedsource team. But at least "Mazda" here actually does throw (some) pennies at the project, and provides the engines, unlike the other name issued here which does nothing.

But yes I agree with your sentiment fully.