Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 28 Jan 2008, 19:58 (Ref:2115728)   #351
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh my god.

But sure why not.
Old 4 Feb 2008, 07:22 (Ref:2120255)   #352
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm out for a while, I was playing on my Box at work at 5 this morning when I got this:

ARrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 4 Feb 2008, 15:36 (Ref:2120794)   #353
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone got a setup for the '66 GT40 for Nissan Speedway? I've got it to max out at 251mph, but can't get below 35 secs - the back steps out on entry to T1 and on exit of the last corner.
Old 4 Feb 2008, 18:48 (Ref:2120917)   #354
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy1066
I'm out for a while, I was playing on my Box at work at 5 this morning when I got this:

ARrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
oh dear. Did it just stop, or did you hit the scart out by any chance? ala me?
Old 4 Feb 2008, 19:49 (Ref:2120970)   #355
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Little WIP for y'all.

Andrew Jordan's 2007 Clio Cup car. I need to work on the front and back, but I can't seem to find photos of the back, does anyone have any?

EDIT - I have just realised, that on the actual car is says 'Speedfit', not 'speedline'....

Last edited by nickyf1; 4 Feb 2008 at 19:54.
Old 4 Feb 2008, 21:56 (Ref:2121098)   #356
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1
oh dear. Did it just stop, or did you hit the scart out by any chance? ala me?
It's alright, he just flopped the cable. He had an "oh ****!" moment. All good now though AFAIK
Old 4 Feb 2008, 22:01 (Ref:2121103)   #357
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good news that, jonboys photo almost delivered concrete proof that the PS3 is by far and away the greatest console around.

Nice sig Munky.
Old 4 Feb 2008, 22:50 (Ref:2121155)   #358
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Cheers.... Heard the song?
Old 4 Feb 2008, 23:09 (Ref:2121170)   #359
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nope.
Old 4 Feb 2008, 23:22 (Ref:2121184)   #360
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Yep so far all seems ok, guess it's not just people that I fix from time to time, I've managed to resuscitate the Xbox with the help of a duster, which is a lot less messy than a defibrillator and apparently more successful. (100% sucess rate for the Xbox compared to a much lower one elsewhere)
So for now I'm back on, dunno how long for. It wasn't a cable flop though it was a definate 3 ring "Hardware failiure" jobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Good news that, jonboys photo almost delivered concrete proof that the PS3 is by far and away the greatest console around.

Yeah it would be if only they'd bring out a decent racing Sim for it and it was more affordable but I think it'll be a very very long time before either of those two things happen

And your Sig Knowlsey is definately the best one I've seen for a very long time
Old 5 Feb 2008, 02:08 (Ref:2121264)   #361
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Damn it! Looks like I spoke too soon, the dreaded RRoD is back, thankfully one of our clan members who lives near me has a spare Core system and has offered to lend it to me, so hopefully I'll be back tomorrow.
Old 5 Feb 2008, 12:00 (Ref:2121558)   #362
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy1066
Yeah it would be if only they'd bring out a decent racing Sim for it and it was more affordable but I think it'll be a very very long time before either of those two things happen
I was joking slightly, I'm an XBox fanboy these days. PS3 is a decent machine mind you, just has no games whatsoever.

Your red light problem is exactly like the one my stepdad had it seems.....we thought it was the scart at first as it was damaged slightly. Put my scart cable in it and it worked for a while, then started freezing and cracking up again and the red lights appeared.

I think I'll probably replace mine with an Elite when the new (more reliable) chips are available.
Old 5 Feb 2008, 14:03 (Ref:2121647)   #363
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Ahh well it's definately dead, just phoned customer support and the man from UPS is on his way to pick it up this week.
Old 5 Feb 2008, 14:40 (Ref:2121669)   #364
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Also, the console you are borrowing. Does it have the DLC on it?

I took my hard drive over to my cousins on Saturday and it wouldn't allow me to play Forza on my profile because the DLC was not coded for my cousins XBox.
Old 5 Feb 2008, 14:54 (Ref:2121677)   #365
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I think I'll probably replace mine with an Elite when the new (more reliable) chips are available.
The Falcon chips are in all Elite's, and every Xbox manufacturered since the end of September. My Premium has it (HDMi port is the giveaway) and was new in October.
Old 5 Feb 2008, 15:38 (Ref:2121704)   #366
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Quote:
Also, the console you are borrowing. Does it have the DLC on it?

I took my hard drive over to my cousins on Saturday and it wouldn't allow me to play Forza on my profile because the DLC was not coded for my cousins XBox.
OOh Urrrmmm I didn't think of that I always just assumed that the DLC would be saved to the HDD, I haven't had the chance to catch up with the guy who's offered to lend it to me yet as I've only been awake a couple of hours and I think he's at work. If the DLC isn't on the box then I'll be a bit stuffed cos tonight is league race night and our SEAT Cupra cup uses the LEON Supercup DLC car, if that's the case, on the bright side at least I'll still be able to use my FTCC car for the main event which is better than nothing.

As they say up your way Knowelsey "Owt's Better than Nowt"
Old 5 Feb 2008, 16:50 (Ref:2121751)   #367
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yer can't access yer game full stop marra, not just't DLC. You'll basically 'ave nee cars a t'all.

Or at least it wouldn't let me anyways. Probably one of those things that goes wrong exclusively for me (along with DVD writers breaking when I need them, Sky dishes blowing down just as motor racing starts etc...etc... ad infinitum...)
Old 5 Feb 2008, 17:14 (Ref:2121774)   #368
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Oh god!!!!

Although it may be an exclusive Knowlesey problem, I've got two friends who own 2 Xboxes, Premium downstairs and Core Upstairs and they transfer their HDD betweew boxes depending on where they are playing at the time and I've never heard of a problem like yours.

Guess I'll only find out if I get my hands on a box............which hasn't happened yet
Old 5 Feb 2008, 21:56 (Ref:2121990)   #369
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Game saves I don't think there is an issue with, but I think that there is with DLC... One long weekend away from home last June I decided that I needed to have some quality Forza time, so took my HDD with me and stopped at a local store to "buy" a 27" LCD HDTV and a Core 360. Plugged in my HDD and played whenever at the hotel all weekend, and then returned the TV and 360 on the way out of town when heading back home... no problem with the game save loading, but I didn't have any DLC purchased then, so can't vouch for whether it will work or not.
Old 6 Feb 2008, 11:44 (Ref:2122372)   #370
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I am an idiot. I think I realised that it should work for jonboy, because he will be connecting to XBox Live. The very worst is he'll have to download the DLC again (which will be free now anyways).

The console I used the other night was not XBox Live enabled. It probably explains everything.

Panic over!
Old 6 Feb 2008, 16:00 (Ref:2122535)   #371
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Thanks Knowlesy that sounds a bit better, and if I have to pay for DLC that I already own I'll be back onto XBSupport demanding it for free anyway.

I've not managed to get hold of my mate yet so not had the chance to try it out but here's a turn up for the books:

When I phoned Microshaft Customer support yesterday they said that I would recieve a letter in the post from UPS within 3 working days and I was to use the information in the letter to contact UPS myself and arrange a day when they could pick up my XPox, due to work and a weekend coming up I was expecting to not even get the offending Xbox sent away until late next week then a 3 week wait for it to return, which would really bugger up my chances in the FTCC league that I'm currently running as I'd be out for the best part of a month.

This afternoon while drowning my sorrows of a crapped out Xbox I was playing Mario and Sonic at the Olympics on my Wii and putting together an awsome combo on the trampoline when there was a knock at the door.............It was the man from UPS ready to collect my Xbox right away!!!!

Well done UPS and XBox support!

A mate who had the red rings recently said that he was only Xboxless for 6 days from the time of collection to the time of the delivery of his new one so fingers crossed I'll be playing Forza again next week.

It's a shame that Microshafts customer support has had to get it's act together and be as good as it is, as that wouldn't be needed if they just made a reliable console, but there you go, thank heaven for small mercies I s'pose.

HAVE YOU GOT YOUR COMMS SORTED YET KNOWELSEY?
Old 6 Feb 2008, 17:17 (Ref:2122590)   #372
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yes. Yes, I have.

Although I'm on some other games at the minute completing them. Shouldn't be too long though and I'll be back on Forza making over ambitious overtaking moves at Sunset Peninsula.
Old 6 Feb 2008, 17:31 (Ref:2122601)   #373
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Ha ha looking forward to it mate
Old 6 Feb 2008, 19:14 (Ref:2122684)   #374
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Every time I go to race you online knowls, everyone exits the game at the same time, leaving me on my own. That last time at Silverstone, you invited me, I raced, then both of you went off into the wall on entry to the hangar straight, then it says that you both left the game... after that i went into my friends list, and it says that you hadn't been online for 25 mins...
Old 6 Feb 2008, 22:31 (Ref:2122850)   #375
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yeah, that has happened a couple of times. I think it must be a problem your end, because I can generally race everyone else OK (a little lag occasionally, but not much).

I very rarely have complete dropouts. In fact, not since I had real major problems with my internet connection.