Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jan 2011, 17:16 (Ref:2821399)   #351
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yep. look thats me, yep there i am again. Did you see me that time..O and yea thats me in scrutineering.Enough.!!!!!!
Old 27 Jan 2011, 17:33 (Ref:2821403)   #352
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Your'e all only jealous because they chose us not some hyped up overpriced series or what ever to represent what we do. And as for rides around the new 300 in my car dont worry I will have people queuing up to sample the delights of being driven round a brand new circuit in a V8 race car judging by the people who have asked me already. As for Lydden it wouldnt be so bad if I could get the thing into top gear around there!

On another natter subject, we have the CTCRC Awards Dinner and Dance this Saturday so looking forward to that, will be giving out the CadArt Best Presented Car of the Year award which will be a nice 34" x 24" mounted canvas print a prize worth having, and hopefully picking up a couple of pots myself.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 17:41 (Ref:2821405)   #353
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Yep. look thats me, yep there i am again. Did you see me that time..O and yea thats me in scrutineering.Enough.!!!!!!
Very cruel.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 18:23 (Ref:2821419)   #354
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Your'e all only jealous because they chose us not some hyped up overpriced series or what ever to represent what we do. And as for rides around the new 300 in my car dont worry I will have people queuing up to sample the delights of being driven round a brand new circuit in a V8 race car judging by the people who have asked me already. As for Lydden it wouldnt be so bad if I could get the thing into top gear around there!

On another natter subject, we have the CTCRC Awards Dinner and Dance this Saturday so looking forward to that, will be giving out the CadArt Best Presented Car of the Year award which will be a nice 34" x 24" mounted canvas print a prize worth having, and hopefully picking up a couple of pots myself.
Only joking Al. Hopefully I will be joining you at D&D next year.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 18:32 (Ref:2821423)   #355
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I know don't worry Yeah I hope you will be I have put out a message to try to get you that picture of the linkage you require.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 18:35 (Ref:2821424)   #356
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
I know don't worry Yeah I hope you will be I have put out a message to try to get you that picture of the linkage you require.
Thanks Al. Im off home its blooming freezing. Got a heater in the workshop at home.BTW.Now have full set of Toyota rods.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 19:22 (Ref:2821438)   #357
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
to put in a Pinto boat anchor?

I recycled the blown up microwave today, took the cover off and used the louvres as a windage tray in my sump! I call it 'Pie-Key' engineering!
Old 27 Jan 2011, 22:00 (Ref:2821493)   #358
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Women!!!

Originally Posted by compte deGraves
I was in Angouleme yesterday and I saw an English woman (I know she was English because I could understand what she was saying) with a T shirt that said:

"I may have lost my virginity but I still have the box that it came in"

The fairer sex are strange old things. I texted the above to my wife and her sister (who were clothes shopping) plus 3 other women who I know reasonably well.

None, I mean absoflippinlutely none, were impressed. I cannot understand it! The only thing I can come up with is that there is some sort of inuendo involved. Which they all get and I dont!
Old 28 Jan 2011, 01:23 (Ref:2821556)   #359
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
I was in Angouleme yesterday and I saw an English woman (I know she was English because I could understand what she was saying) with a T shirt that said:

"I may have lost my virginity but I still have the box that it came in"

Angouleme is "twinned" with Bury in Lancashire, where I went to grammar school........glad to see that we are still maintaining the cultural links.....
Old 28 Jan 2011, 08:01 (Ref:2821633)   #360
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Angouleme is twinned with Bury? sounds like another white flag moment
Old 28 Jan 2011, 08:31 (Ref:2821645)   #361
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Well SamD all I can offer on the subject was that as a young man growing up in the North West London area in the 60's a female's 'Box' was slang for her genital area. Hope that helps
Old 28 Jan 2011, 08:40 (Ref:2821647)   #362
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah! I see. And here my mind was working along the cardboard variety.
Naiveté or what!
Old 28 Jan 2011, 09:35 (Ref:2821669)   #363
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Angouleme is twinned with Bury? sounds like another white flag moment
also Le Mans is twinned with Bolton
Old 28 Jan 2011, 10:08 (Ref:2821688)   #364
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
aside the race and circuit LeMans 'aint all that'

which state financed numpty dreams these relationships up? and why?

I could see the logic in twinning say Stockport with Stockton on Tees . . . 2 **** holes togehter in perfect harmony!
Old 28 Jan 2011, 10:39 (Ref:2821703)   #365
SAMD
Veteran

Waaahaaay. I'm a real injuneer now. I just got a digital micrometer from ebay. a real expensive one. (about a tenner)

My mobile phone is 46.01mm wide
My mouse is 38.1mm deep

Ok, now what do I measure?
Old 28 Jan 2011, 10:41 (Ref:2821704)   #366
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Probably same as I bought not bad for the dosh are they? I also have 6 inches but I don't use it as a rule.
Old 28 Jan 2011, 11:09 (Ref:2821717)   #367
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD View Post
My mouse is 38.1mm deep

Did you keep the box that it came in?
Old 28 Jan 2011, 11:15 (Ref:2821724)   #368
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And on the subject of T shirt slogans/bumper stickers, how about:

"JESUS SAVES, he passes to Noah who shoots and SCORES!"
Old 28 Jan 2011, 11:58 (Ref:2821748)   #369
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Waaahaaay. I'm a real injuneer now. I just got a digital micrometer from ebay. a real expensive one. (about a tenner)

My mouse is 38.1mm deep

How about the box it came in now you know what it is.
Old 28 Jan 2011, 12:27 (Ref:2821766)   #370
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Angouleme is "twinned" with Bury in Lancashire, where I went to grammar school........glad to see that we are still maintaining the cultural links.....
I can go better than that, my home town is twinned with Le Mans.
Old 28 Jan 2011, 12:32 (Ref:2821768)   #371
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Don't encourage him Peter, he'll be asking about cherries next

Arthur has an 'insect day' so no school today . . . . we've been out to collect some cranks and blocks from grinding boring, dropped a few heads off at the Serdi for guides/seat cutting, home foe lunch and just taken delivery of a few scalextric restoration projects to recommision this afternoon . . . Modsports minis here we come!
Old 28 Jan 2011, 12:40 (Ref:2821775)   #372
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Two guys are finishing off fitting a shop out and are putting shelves up. 'You wait', one says to the other, 'Some old duffer will come and ask what we are selling before too long'. Sure enough, minutes later an elderly lady pushes the door open and asks quietly 'Excuse, me, what are you selling'?

'****holes', says the clever one. 'Gosh', the old lady responds immediately. 'They must be selling well- there are only two left'.

With apologies to shopfitters everywhere.
Old 28 Jan 2011, 12:42 (Ref:2821778)   #373
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:

My mouse is 38.1mm deep

Did it come with a battery. BTW.I did not know what all this box stuff was as well.
Old 28 Jan 2011, 12:44 (Ref:2821779)   #374
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Had a tx from Ross Kaisor last night. They are P7 on the grid for Daytona 24 hour this weekend.Ahead of Brundle and Blundle or is it Blundle and Brundel
Old 28 Jan 2011, 13:00 (Ref:2821790)   #375
SAMD
Veteran

It did, it did. And the battery, whilst still in its wrapper is 7.76mm deep

BTW.I did not know what all this box stuff was as well.

You are an innocent soul like myself Iain.
Closed Thread