Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Sep 2009, 14:56 (Ref:2541264)   #351
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPP View Post
yes indeed.

However I find it difficult to believe that it is all limited to them and that, for example, Alonso knew nothing.
Indeed, some rare footage of Symonds briefing Alonso can be found here.
Old 15 Sep 2009, 15:19 (Ref:2541284)   #352
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
that deserves a huge LOL!
Old 15 Sep 2009, 16:01 (Ref:2541327)   #353
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not as damning as the evidence regarding Piquet...

http://tinypic.com/r/2utjehc/3
Old 15 Sep 2009, 16:25 (Ref:2541348)   #354
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14 View Post
Indeed, some rare footage of Symonds briefing Alonso can be found here.
Excellent, there is quite a lot of moustache going on in that video.
Old 15 Sep 2009, 22:39 (Ref:2541594)   #355
Ted bennett
Racer

England
Derbyshire
Ted bennett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did Max engage that Quest agency to track down who it was who tipped off the NOTW about his dressing up hobby? I wonder where the evidence trail led them.
Old 16 Sep 2009, 00:08 (Ref:2541619)   #356
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After refusing to answer a series of key questions, Symonds, who is accused of asking Piquet jnr to crash in Singapore, said: ''I have no intention of lying to you. I have not lied to you, but I have reserved my position just a little.''
Old 16 Sep 2009, 00:13 (Ref:2541622)   #357
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted bennett View Post
I wonder where the evidence trail led them.
Telephone conversation:

N.O.T.W. editor: OK Mister X,I'll ensure that in exchange for the 'goods' I will not ask your name or your reasons for providing said 'goods'.

Mr X: OK,eez pleaze to be good no,and very much to be doing wiv the beezneez of you.
Old 16 Sep 2009, 01:58 (Ref:2541640)   #358
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
There's not been much discussion of Alonso in all of this. If what appears to have happened, did. I find it impossible to believe that Alonso was unaware of it. If he was aware of it, he would have been complicit to some degree. Let's not forget, he was the primary beneficiary of this choreography.
Agreed, maybe the way he grassed up Rons team is coming back to haunt him too.
Old 16 Sep 2009, 11:15 (Ref:2541807)   #359
kartracer41
Racer

United States
Michigan, USA
kartracer41 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Briatore and Symonds leave Renault, and Renault refuse to dispute the allegations of race fixing ahead of the WMSC.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78668
Old 16 Sep 2009, 11:18 (Ref:2541812)   #360
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So what we can ascertain from that is that they are guilty as hell
Old 16 Sep 2009, 11:21 (Ref:2541816)   #361
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I guess Symonds elected to fall on his sword rather than accept immunity and implicate Flav. Whatever else he may have done, that's quite creditable.
Old 16 Sep 2009, 11:23 (Ref:2541819)   #362
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I thought this would all turn out to be nonsense. Apparently I am wrong, which makes this one of the worst cases of cheating in F1 ever (if true).
Old 16 Sep 2009, 11:25 (Ref:2541820)   #363
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sensational stuff ! I think we can infer that it happened and that Automobiles Renault have immediately lanced these two. Wow ! I guess Renault F1 could still be censured... and what about Alonso ?
Old 16 Sep 2009, 11:28 (Ref:2541821)   #364
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I guess Symonds elected to fall on his sword rather than accept immunity and implicate Flav. Whatever else he may have done, that's quite creditable.
I think their positions were untenable regardless. He may well have accepted immunity anyway

The end of the Flav era, then. That's 2 of the great team leaders of the 1990s and 2000s departing in less than a year over 2 controversial incidents

What are the odds that Renault now get away with a slap on the wrist next week like McLaren did over Liegate? Quite good, I'd have thought
Old 16 Sep 2009, 11:31 (Ref:2541824)   #365
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
What are the odds that Renault now get away with a slap on the wrist next week like McLaren did over Liegate? Quite good, I'd have thought
Indeed.

I suppose the next question is: Has Max finished or are there any more opponents to snuff out?
Old 16 Sep 2009, 11:32 (Ref:2541825)   #366
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I would have thought that the penalty against Renault should be more severe. Liegate about overtaking under a pace car is nowhere near as bad in comparison with this.

The difficulty lies in whether the FIA want to keep Renault in F1. If so, HUGE fines might not be in their best interest.
Old 16 Sep 2009, 11:36 (Ref:2541831)   #367
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Indeed.

I suppose the next question is: Has Max finished or are there any more opponents to snuff out?
Ron: gone
Flav: gone
Thiessen: gone
Howett: under threat due to Toyota's future

Well, there's di Montezuma's Revenge, but I think he's one step too far...
Old 16 Sep 2009, 11:37 (Ref:2541833)   #368
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Would the last person to leave F1 please remember to turn off the light
Old 16 Sep 2009, 11:37 (Ref:2541834)   #369
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll admit I was pretty convinced this was all a load of made up nonsense from Piquet to stitch up Briatore and Renault! How wrong can one be! Sorry Nelsinho for thinking you were a liar!!

So, the punishment? Expulsion from the manufacturer's championship this year, and (if only it could be done) a hefty fine that must be paid by Briatore himself.

The former is a prediction, the latter my wish.

Wonder how Bernie's feeling about all this?
Old 16 Sep 2009, 11:39 (Ref:2541837)   #370
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
I thought this would all turn out to be nonsense. Apparently I am wrong, which makes this one of the worst cases of cheating in F1 ever (if true).
Or one of the best. Depending on your perspective.
Old 16 Sep 2009, 11:39 (Ref:2541838)   #371
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Bernie will have been quite active in this. Probably advised Fav and Pat on this decision. As commercial rights holder, Bernie just can't afford to let Renault walk away. I expect a slap-on-the-wrist style penalty....
Old 16 Sep 2009, 11:40 (Ref:2541840)   #372
ukaskew
Racer

ukaskew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
I would have thought that the penalty against Renault should be more severe. Liegate about overtaking under a pace car is nowhere near as bad in comparison with this.
I agree, whilst they are two completely different incidents, the safety implications of this are far more damaging to the sport, in my opinion. Marshals, spectators, all put at risk for essentially nothing, it's staggering.

Can the results still be amended, or are they written in stone now?
Old 16 Sep 2009, 11:42 (Ref:2541842)   #373
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well well well, never expected that outcome. I thought it was nonsense from Piquet. Big question is now, what will be the punishment and will Renault withdraw from the sport.
Old 16 Sep 2009, 11:43 (Ref:2541845)   #374
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I predict that Renault will be hit with a very severe punishment and that will be the catalyst for them to leave Formula One. No matter what way you look at it, e.g. saying we had a pair of rogues running the team, the buck has to stop somewhere and the offence is so severe that draconian punitive measures must be given.
Old 16 Sep 2009, 11:44 (Ref:2541847)   #375
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Renault obviously in damage limitation mode. Getting rid of the culprits when it seems they had little defence will help them avoid a massive penalty I assume.

I still think Alonso has questions to answer..

Plus when you add in the "competitors data on our computers" shenaigans from last year which got comprehensively swept under the table, maybe Renault and F1 are better off without that pair.