Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 14 Sep 2008, 23:04 (Ref:2290413)   #351
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well for me,the reason I volunteered is- I saw the Britcars for the first time on TG ( not that they gave much insight), I then went to the A1GP at Brands and was enthralled by the huge diversity of cars participating. As theother Britcar events this year clashed with other meetings more local (Cadwell) the only chance I would get to see them was the 24hr. I had volunteered a couple of weeks before hearing of the overal offer but I have taken JT up on his generous offer as have my kids (1 trainee and 1 cadet marshal) but my set will more than likely go in the bag with the ones supplied by ViM to loan to newbies.
Old 15 Sep 2008, 00:04 (Ref:2290440)   #352
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by iain6594
does anyone no when were gettin are tickets and information sent? or has everyone got it alredi and iv been missed out lol
Tickets were handed out to those of us who were at Silverstone for the 1000k's. They were in brown envelopes just awaiting postage stamps.

So, if you weren't there this weekend, you should get your tickets early this week.
Old 15 Sep 2008, 07:31 (Ref:2290577)   #353
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
silverstone is a ruddy long way to "just" get some free probans I'll probably spend that in fuel, come on Mark how else are people going to know about the offer? If JT knew he'd be able to do that before the start of the season then it could have been added to the info we get at the start of each season, but he didn't so the only other options are TT, the britcar website and word of mouth. as it happens i only found out via gravel monkey, mainly because every time we were at the same meeting all i'd hear about was how good the 24hrs is!!!
Old 15 Sep 2008, 08:04 (Ref:2290616)   #354
mini1400
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chelmsford, Essex
mini1400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic
If JT knew he'd be able to do that before the start of the season then it could have been added to the info we get at the start of each season, but he didn't so the only other options are TT, the britcar website and word of mouth. as it happens i only found out via gravel monkey, mainly because every time we were at the same meeting all i'd hear about was how good the 24hrs is!!!
JT told me about the free probans offer at the Autosport show....
Old 15 Sep 2008, 08:37 (Ref:2290630)   #355
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Autosport is where I heard too, staight from the horses mouth, an overly generous offer too! As I have already stated..

"I would do this for nowt!!!!"

I'll concede that we as marshals are NOT mercenary BUT there are those out there who are. My accusation was/is unjustified.

Lets just go and enjoy the BEST meeting in the british club racing calendar.

Stoll on Friday!
Old 15 Sep 2008, 08:42 (Ref:2290634)   #356
AR-CoolC
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincoln
AR-CoolC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget your sun cream, and shades

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/...verstone&day=5

Old 15 Sep 2008, 08:44 (Ref:2290636)   #357
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Even if the forecast changes bring your shades, lights at night are very bright and you will get a headache if you dont protect your eyes.
Old 15 Sep 2008, 09:23 (Ref:2290674)   #358
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just to let you know that Silverstone was very foggy this Sunday morning.
Hopefully the man upstairs got the wrong weekend, or he was just practising for next weekend!
As for probans, I'm certainly not going to enjoy the meeting any less if I don't get any.
Old 15 Sep 2008, 09:40 (Ref:2290700)   #359
thefilbertfox
Rookie

Umm al-Qaiwan
Surrey
thefilbertfox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, very, very foggy on Sunday morning. The Vulcan also flew by yesterday. Are we sure there hasn't been a mix up on the dates???
Old 15 Sep 2008, 10:57 (Ref:2290760)   #360
Dunc
Rookie

Scotland
Methil, Fife
Dunc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My tickets have just arrived all the way up here in bonny Scotland just need to get everything else together for the drive on Thursday
Old 15 Sep 2008, 11:14 (Ref:2290777)   #361
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All this pre-event excitement makes me feel quite envious. Last year I worked with Shelagh in Assembly on Friday/Saturday but had a BRSCC SE meeting at Brands Hatch on the Sunday, so left Sat. evening. This year I had already commited to assist Dottie on startline for BTCC at Brands Hatch.

Next year, 24hrs. clashes with BTCC at Rockingham, so should be third time lucky (managed the 2005/2006 full 24hrs, though).
Old 15 Sep 2008, 11:42 (Ref:2290797)   #362
Wedgie
Rookie

Scotland
Scotland
Wedgie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunc
My tickets have just arrived all the way up here in bonny Scotland just need to get everything else together for the drive on Thursday
Mine to.
Old 15 Sep 2008, 12:06 (Ref:2290820)   #363
Motorsportgirli
Racer

England
Hornsea
Motorsportgirli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Degerlund
All this pre-event excitement makes me feel quite envious. Last year I worked with Shelagh in Assembly on Friday/Saturday but had a BRSCC SE meeting at Brands Hatch on the Sunday, so left Sat. evening. This year I had already commited to assist Dottie on startline for BTCC at Brands Hatch.

Next year, 24hrs. clashes with BTCC at Rockingham, so should be third time lucky (managed the 2005/2006 full 24hrs, though).
Yeah i know what you mean, i really want to do the 24hr but am committed to Brands

Oh well next year i will make sure i am there

And all those wearing my t shirts - I want pictures!
Old 15 Sep 2008, 12:07 (Ref:2290821)   #364
pauwilson
Racer

Scotland
East Kilbride
pauwilson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finals are on the britcar24hr site
Old 15 Sep 2008, 12:12 (Ref:2290826)   #365
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tickets and window sticker arrived this morning. Roll on Thursday...!
Old 15 Sep 2008, 12:17 (Ref:2290832)   #366
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Okay, where's mine gone! Haven't had any tickets or any post today at all...
Old 15 Sep 2008, 12:21 (Ref:2290834)   #367
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can we put this whole overalls thing behind us? As with all meetings, you should volunteer because you want to do it (I wish I was free for this). Along the way, you'll appreciate if something is done for you. One of those things that's being done is that arrangements have been put in place for free overalls to be made available. OK, possibly the organisation might not have been perfect, but still a substantial investment has been made which will benefit many. For that I say 'well done and thank you' to the organisers. It won't have made much (any?) difference to who volunteers this year, but I'll bet it will for next year because people will remember that thought. Hopefully, this could be extended another year to those who missed out this year, but in the meantime, it's still a generous and welcome gesture.

Now all I need is for this meeting to avoid clashing one year and I'll be there!
Old 15 Sep 2008, 12:22 (Ref:2290835)   #368
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Quote:
Originally Posted by The STIG
Haven't had any tickets or any post today at all...
I think I may have spotted the problem there Stiggy!
Old 15 Sep 2008, 12:54 (Ref:2290859)   #369
fazza
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wigan
fazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
got mine just arrived
Old 15 Sep 2008, 13:00 (Ref:2290863)   #370
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The latest entry list (dated yesterday, so I'm assuming it's the final entry list) is missing the Top Gear Technology Centre's entry... have they withdrawn from the event?
Old 15 Sep 2008, 13:08 (Ref:2290870)   #371
thefilbertfox
Rookie

Umm al-Qaiwan
Surrey
Quote:
The latest entry list (dated yesterday, so I'm assuming it's the final entry list) is missing the Top Gear Technology Centre's entry... have they withdrawn from the event?
Looks that way, they haven't got a garage allocated either
Old 15 Sep 2008, 13:43 (Ref:2290900)   #372
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

That's a pity, and it leaves class 6 with only five cars.
Old 15 Sep 2008, 13:50 (Ref:2290909)   #373
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
My tickets have arrived too. Just got home to find the nice Mr Postman has delivered them!
Old 15 Sep 2008, 13:58 (Ref:2290914)   #374
thefilbertfox
Rookie

Umm al-Qaiwan
Surrey
But there is a VW Lupo diesel that has ambitions of finishing within the top 10 overall.
Old 15 Sep 2008, 14:08 (Ref:2290922)   #375
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefilbertfox
But there is a VW Lupo diesel that has ambitions of finishing within the top 10 overall.
So I've heard... three hours without needing to refuel!