Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Nov 2015, 18:57 (Ref:3590397)   #351
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
Welch. WELCH. IT'S CHRISTING WELCH!! Not Welsh, as in from Wales. WELCH.

Glad I've got that off my chest.
Chill out

calm down and have a snack
Old 14 Nov 2015, 20:15 (Ref:3590418)   #352
Mrslozz
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
Mrslozz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My first post since start of year (since I got called a troll for having my own opinion)
Had a read and same old same old. But I like it gives me somthing to read at work. Oh and I have no rumours only a British superbikes one. Sorry all
Old 15 Nov 2015, 14:21 (Ref:3590594)   #353
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Difficult to see it being competitive without the RML gear and Ecoboost engine however.
It won't be at all competitive. It was barely competitive in 2013, it had one top ten finish in 2014. The RML parts would improve it, but won't make it more competitive because every other car will have them too, so will improve by the same amount.

Lines will have to rely on other drivers having points deducted by the stewards to avoid being last in the drivers' championship next October
Old 15 Nov 2015, 14:46 (Ref:3590601)   #354
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there is another issue , as Mat Jackson said the new RML kit means getting setup right will be much easier and so the field will be bunched up a bit more
Old 15 Nov 2015, 22:00 (Ref:3590686)   #355
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hold on. Lines leaves Houseman, a team having suffered a difficult couple of years. But he doesn't take their TBL?

Yet Houseman is a team I would put money on struggling to get a 2016 deal together, making theirs a TBL I would predict to be for sale.

So say AMD purchased Houseman's TBL... How would that work?

One assumes therefore that Houseman have something in place, to want to keep their TBL.

That's my worthless prattling. Felt left out haha
Old 16 Nov 2015, 08:27 (Ref:3590757)   #356
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
Hold on. Lines leaves Houseman, a team having suffered a difficult couple of years. But he doesn't take their TBL?
Lines needed a car to go with the TBL. He probably didn't want Houseman's Toyota because he knew it wouldn't be competitive. He could have bought Houseman's TBL and AmD's car, but would AmD want to be left with a spare TBL and no car to run? Far better for both seller and purchaser to sell car and TBL as a package.

Quote:
So say AMD purchased Houseman's TBL... How would that work?
Why would AmD want to buy Houseman's TBL when they just sold one of their own?
Old 16 Nov 2015, 10:17 (Ref:3590782)   #357
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Lines needed a car to go with the TBL. He probably didn't want Houseman's Toyota because he knew it wouldn't be competitive. He could have bought Houseman's TBL and AmD's car, but would AmD want to be left with a spare TBL and no car to run? Far better for both seller and purchaser to sell car and TBL as a package.

Why would AmD want to buy Houseman's TBL when they just sold one of their own?
Guess it all comes down to money.

If - and figures are purely for example as I have no idea what anyone would or wouldn't pay - AmD sold the Focus and the TBL as a package for £200,000 but could then get the Houseman TBL on its own for £25,000 to then run the second Audi they'd still pick up a profit from the deal.

Basically, the TBL they have sold has gone with a car as a package but they only require a TBL on its own to run their other Audi so would depend if a TBL only deal - from Houseman or elsewhere - was available.
Old 16 Nov 2015, 12:39 (Ref:3590800)   #358
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
'their other Audi'? They only have 1.

They have said previously that they were considering building another car, but that doesn't mean it will happen.
Old 16 Nov 2015, 14:34 (Ref:3590824)   #359
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

They have said previously that they were considering building another car, but that doesn't mean it will happen.
They have the second car which has been started and could be built up ready to race if they had the TBL/driver for it
Old 16 Nov 2015, 23:12 (Ref:3590922)   #360
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm still confused by BMR/888. I've seen it stated enough times that Scott has brought 888 that I believe it to be true. I also can't see those MG's being ditched.

Yet I can't see BMR sticking with the CCs if they have some kind of works deal lined up. Or was that all nonsense?
Old 17 Nov 2015, 12:42 (Ref:3591012)   #361
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Meh. How many teams have "works deals" these days? Those days are gone.
Old 19 Nov 2015, 10:55 (Ref:3591450)   #362
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Shaun Hollamby confirms in MN that they do have a 2nd Audi and are looking to get another TBL from somewhere!
Old 19 Nov 2015, 11:03 (Ref:3591451)   #363
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
In other news the Autosport/MN Season Review is out in WH Smith now
Old 19 Nov 2015, 21:38 (Ref:3591581)   #364
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Macau running this weekend i must ask why is there no street racing in BTCC?
If i remember right there was Birmingham back in Ford Sierra time.
Old 19 Nov 2015, 21:51 (Ref:3591587)   #365
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark0994 View Post
With Macau running this weekend i must ask why is there no street racing in BTCC?
If i remember right there was Birmingham back in Ford Sierra time.
Street racing in mainland Britain currently requires an Act of Parliament to enable it to take place. Traditionally there has been some resistance to such Acts, hence the lack of street racing. Birmingham was given permission; however, a condition of the Act was that each meeting needed to turn a profit. As the last one lost money, street racing ceased.

There is currently legislation going through Government in order to make it easier for street events to be held, although due to the costs of staging a race (due to safety issues), it is likely that this will be used more for rallying or speed events, such as hillclimbs.
Old 20 Nov 2015, 09:27 (Ref:3591686)   #366
Ry44
Racer

Ry44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good move for Morgan and co

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/press-...t-uk-clio-cup/
Old 20 Nov 2015, 12:34 (Ref:3591712)   #367
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Ive long thought that there should be more of a connection between the support races and the BTCC itself.

I would love there to be a "British Hatchback Championship" which supports the BTCC. You could have cars of 220BHP, low costs, big grids etc.

I know years back that the Ford Fiesta champion used to win a test drive in the Ford Mondeo BTCC car and I think the same went for the Renault Clio champion (they got a test in the Laguna). In an ideal world, i'd like to see that again, but probably won't because manufacturers aren't bankrolling the teams and support races much any more.
Old 20 Nov 2015, 13:37 (Ref:3591725)   #368
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Ive long thought that there should be more of a connection between the support races and the BTCC itself.

I would love there to be a "British Hatchback Championship" which supports the BTCC. You could have cars of 220BHP, low costs, big grids etc.

I know years back that the Ford Fiesta champion used to win a test drive in the Ford Mondeo BTCC car and I think the same went for the Renault Clio champion (they got a test in the Laguna). In an ideal world, i'd like to see that again, but probably won't because manufacturers aren't bankrolling the teams and support races much any more.
Many of the support champs get a test in a touring car courtesy of Dunlop.
Old 20 Nov 2015, 17:48 (Ref:3591782)   #369
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The KX Academy was fairly similar, and the top 2 in this years' Ginetta Junior championship, Jamie Caroline and Senna Proctor, were backed by Pirtek and BMR respectively. Ash Sutton, Clio champ, is also a 'BMR junior' if you call it that. Proctor is looking to move into Clios, so perhaps BMR could develop a junior ladder of sorts. They seem to have the cash!
Old 20 Nov 2015, 17:57 (Ref:3591786)   #370
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget that BMR also have their karting programme. The joys of being Warren Scott, eh?
Old 20 Nov 2015, 17:59 (Ref:3591787)   #371
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post

I've always said that I'd love to see a 'Group N/ BTC-P' style support race championship. Even though it was only 3 years - and many did something before and after it before joining the big grid - the production class brought through some top drivers. Mat Jackson, Tom Boardman, Rob Collard etc.
Old 20 Nov 2015, 18:25 (Ref:3591795)   #372
CM388
Racer

CM388 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I've always said that I'd love to see a 'Group N/ BTC-P' style support race championship. Even though it was only 3 years - and many did something before and after it before joining the big grid - the production class brought through some top drivers. Mat Jackson, Tom Boardman, Rob Collard etc.
Agree, it's a shame that the National Saloon Championship isn't going any more. I'd hoped that the Production championship that Dunlop set up would take its place but it didn't turn out that way.

Ever since the BTCC starting solely using the NGTC regs, I've thought that a good support championship would be one for people to use the old S2000/BTC-spec cars.
Old 20 Nov 2015, 18:25 (Ref:3591796)   #373
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Something like VW Racing Cup but open for every brand.
Old 20 Nov 2015, 20:30 (Ref:3591815)   #374
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just noticed this at the end of the Dextra Rading profiles in the season review regarding Alex Martin:

"Martin will return next season with an updated car, and a more consistent season should give him the chance to really begin his tin top development'."

Alex Martin confirmed?
Old 20 Nov 2015, 23:10 (Ref:3591841)   #375
redshoes
Veteran

TBL is already announced as Dextra Racing. Dextra is the Martin family business so I think Alex being the driver is pretty much a given.