Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Sep 2004, 21:55 (Ref:1097704)   #351
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hrmm, still no MN today up here.

I think the good Reverend hit the nail well and truly on the head with-
"As embarressing as WPD Racing's constant spinning was, it pales into insignificance next to Dynamik cooking an enging after taping up the radiator air inlet! But then, it seems common sense is at premium at TD. What a difference a year makes..."
Old 16 Sep 2004, 03:56 (Ref:1097847)   #352
Techo
Racer

Techo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MN is reporting the WoomeraGate story, CFD Computer Fuild Dynamics is what there claiming in their story...
You can read it all in 5 minutes at the newsagent !

Last edited by Techo; 16 Sep 2004 at 03:57.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 05:19 (Ref:1097861)   #353
lcfp2297
Racer

Australia
lcfp2297 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should that be Computational Fluid Dynamics?

I never get AA nor MSN until Saturday anyway...
Old 16 Sep 2004, 07:34 (Ref:1097903)   #354
Techo
Racer

Techo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spot ON it was a typoed thginy !
I knew I would improve my speelling doing this !
Old 16 Sep 2004, 08:06 (Ref:1097927)   #355
Sol
Racer

Sol should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any news of the 'product' information that Kieran Wills said would be released on Thursday?
Old 16 Sep 2004, 08:46 (Ref:1097961)   #356
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Mr Wills has got an injunction in order to stop the product from being released as that may show the product has an application in motorsport???
Old 16 Sep 2004, 13:19 (Ref:1098245)   #357
clarkey
Rookie

clarkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodbye Mr Wills!
Old 16 Sep 2004, 14:44 (Ref:1098314)   #358
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Sultan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe 10 should replace V8 Superstars with 'The Weakest Link'......
Old 17 Sep 2004, 08:50 (Ref:1099032)   #359
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
.....the appeal is adjourned until Thu 24th/9/04.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 18 Sep 2004, 04:41 (Ref:1099909)   #360
paydirt
Racer

paydirt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Keiren Wills should go and borrow a wheel chair and a stupid looking hat for his next court appearance. After all, it seemed to work OK for Alan Bond...
Old 18 Sep 2004, 07:19 (Ref:1099946)   #361
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And why would that be necessary? :confused:

What seems to be being missed here is that Dynamik has complied with the requests of the stewards hearing, and the conclusion drawn by the cast of three is as presented in the judgement.

That the body evidence presented by the prosecution was as holey as swiss cheese, and the arguments suggested from that side were not entirely strong, while the defendents were well prepared, and could answer each and every query, and whose argument proved logical to the bpdy of three as they heard it....

... then I would suggest you lay any blame for an undesirable outcome wholly and solely at the people who designed the rules and regulations used to drag these guys before the stewards in the first place.

To discover that there are parts of the Supercar regulations that are overruled by the FIA regulations (such as the fine max. value...) suggests that there are issues here, that should be resolved immediately.

It would also be nice if AVESCO followed its own rule about communications about the charges once a hearing is determined to be held, although somehow I doubt Kelvin will be held to account for that indiscretion.

Meantime, why legal persons are unable to prepare and present argument in an event that for all intents and purposes is a court of law, without the learned friends perhaps, but still in a similar vein, is beyond my immediate comprehension.

As I see it, the need is there to establish a TEGA working group for each section of their rules. They need to get some top legal opinion (of which there are several bods darkening the doorsteps of CAMS on a regular basis as staff/committeemen) to ensure the rules are not attempting to supersede Australian common law, Australian legal due process, and establishes a jurisdiction and path to hear argument, including the qualifications of the players, in a logical, timely manner.

To build a set of competition/legal/administrative/technical rules that are legal under the law of the land, and comply with the specific tenets of the FIA governing body (which you would think CAMS should have checked as ASN for this part of the world ) would also be a significant assistance to stop the rot.

Like everything in life, nobody did anything unless it can be proven they have done so. In this instance, I still believe the process was so wonky, the players stepping outside their own boundaries to such an extent, that the solution presented is probably the only logical conclusion that could be met..... for now...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 18 Sep 2004, 12:44 (Ref:1100123)   #362
clarkey
Rookie

clarkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR, you can dribble on with your usual rubbish as much as you see fit. They got caught pal. Simple. Your mate Oscar got caught. Now i know you have all the time in the world for him because of his obvious skill of picking a talented number two driver, but he got caught. Had the hearing where he was found guilty. Now he may apeal, but lets not lose touch with reality. The uns are on the board. Now lets just see how long they can last before The Administrator steps in.
Old 19 Sep 2004, 01:08 (Ref:1100515)   #363
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Do you actually have anything positive to say about anyone clarkey?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Sep 2004, 02:24 (Ref:1100528)   #364
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have something positive...

Did anyone else notice that little decal on I think a GRM car at Sandown???

"This product not tested on animals or rocket ranges"
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 19 Sep 2004, 02:44 (Ref:1100539)   #365
MarkNat
Rookie

MarkNat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is a few theories and opinions as to what happened in the dusty North. This is another thoery.......

1) A certain organisation under X's direction gets a consulting guru on board to help with simulation so that they could get into "the window" at each event. Guru is able to help in getting most info needed by sim package(jigs, fixtures etc) but the elusive aero map and tyre data.

2)Testing is then organised for getting this aero map at a certain facility. Very covert operation.....not! half of aussie motor racing knows before the organisation even gets there. The test yields not much apart from a hurting tunnel of air & Y's wallet. Guru and helper still need nore info.

3)Testing is then organised for dusty North. Very employees know about this. Employees are given friday and monday off. Only select few attend namely - X,Y's son, X's protege, X's protege's brother, X's whipping boy, contract logistics controller, guru, guru's helper and a couple more.

4) Busted by officals..... whaddaya do???????

5) Go to hearing pleading everthing from It wasn't me (sung to Shaggy's tune of course) to CONSIPRACY-the yanks cloned all of us, vehicle and logistics equipment and went testing in area 51. Surely not everone came down in the last shower. Verdict appaling - typo appealed.

6) What next - X starts approaching tier two OEM suppliers requesting a certain backdated deal in place to provide alibi to use at appeal.

All characters protrayed in the above theory are ficticious and any resemblance to actual events , people or organisations are purely coincidental.

The truth is out there - sorry I had to use it.
Old 19 Sep 2004, 03:26 (Ref:1100548)   #366
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Hi Slugger, welcome back
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Sep 2004, 02:38 (Ref:1102570)   #367
slugger-boy
Rookie

slugger-boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as a profiler, GTR, you make a good accountant! I thought you were supposed to be a god profiler?
Anyway, the above post seems right on the money to me....
Old 21 Sep 2004, 10:07 (Ref:1102731)   #368
pitlane 3
Rookie

Germany
Melbourne
pitlane 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Average Punter

Did anyone else notice that little decal on I think a GRM car at Sandown???

"This product not tested on animals or rocket ranges" [/B]
Hi AP, you mean this one,,

[IMG]copy of R0012149.JPG [/IMG]

Last edited by pitlane 3; 21 Sep 2004 at 10:08.
Old 21 Sep 2004, 23:47 (Ref:1103413)   #369
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Sultan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could you make that a link pitlane 3? I haven't seen the sticker yet....
Old 22 Sep 2004, 00:56 (Ref:1103434)   #370
Matt H
Veteran

Matt H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah pitlane 3, i didnt even see it when i was in pitlane.

we cant upload pictures for a while, so they need to be like on your server, and you put a link in
Old 31 Jan 2017, 23:23 (Ref:3708233)   #371
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
New Paint Technology For B12H To Reduce Drag, Improve Performance

Maybe Team Dynamik were onto something back in 2004...

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 31 Jan 2017, 23:30 (Ref:3708237)   #372
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So knew you were going there.

Interesting paint, no mention on cost though.
Old 1 Feb 2017, 04:38 (Ref:3708278)   #373
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
New Paint Technology For B12H To Reduce Drag, Improve Performance

Maybe Team Dynamik were onto something back in 2004...

I guess they could have been - if of course they actually had any film on the car, which they didn't.
Old 1 Feb 2017, 04:40 (Ref:3708279)   #374
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
I guess they could have been - if of course they actually had any film on the car, which they didn't.
Perhaps it was invisible... like Wonder Woman's plane...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 1 Feb 2017, 04:45 (Ref:3708280)   #375
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
WoomeraGate - V8 Team's Illegal Test Probe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Perhaps it was invisible... like Wonder Woman's plane...

Lol - invisible, with no texture & allowing the marks of the last race meeting's stickers to show clearly along with fingerprints, stone chips etc etc

Maybe it was polariser film? Lol