Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 May 2008, 00:07 (Ref:2210914)   #351
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Who do we have for them then .

Kerr-Ortiz-Hall-Serwin .... am I missing any ? I really hope they have a good race , they deserve it . Just a bloody shame that J-CW wont be there after all his imput .
Old 26 May 2008, 01:05 (Ref:2211856)   #352
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So will Autocon be bringing the new car back to the states following Le Mans or will they continue with the CA06/H?
Old 26 May 2008, 01:50 (Ref:2211872)   #353
supermario21
Racer

supermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsupermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Unfortunately for ALMS fans I think the Autocon CA07 from Le Mans will stay with Creation. Notice on the lemans website that autocon and creation now have adjacent garages, showing the fact that Autocon will be very much works supported.
Old 26 May 2008, 12:39 (Ref:2212143)   #354
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Very much works supported ..... Im surprised that they intend to strip down a CA07 and run with their own gear . It would be allowed to race with an AIM engine installed , i think , just cant change the class .
Old 28 May 2008, 05:58 (Ref:2213638)   #355
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suprising crew for Le Mans

5-27-08

# 14 Creation CA07 AIM: Marc Goossens, Johnny Mowlem, and Stuart Hall

http://www.planetlemans.com/2008/05/...river-line-up/

http://www.marcgoossens.com/www/html/frames_english.htm

http://www.johnnymowlem.com/

http://translate.google.com/translat...e.php?sid=5690
Old 28 May 2008, 06:31 (Ref:2213643)   #356
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Very much works supported ..... Im surprised that they intend to strip down a CA07 and run with their own gear . It would be allowed to race with an AIM engine installed , i think , just cant change the class .
Well the Monza accident was caused by a right front suspension (?) failure of some sort. They already have the Judd, and I am sure they would have to lease the AIM, so it is more cost effective for them to run their own engine.

L.P.
Old 28 May 2008, 18:21 (Ref:2214090)   #357
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Well the Monza accident was caused by a right front suspension (?) failure of some sort. They already have the Judd, and I am sure they would have to lease the AIM, so it is more cost effective for them to run their own engine.

L.P.
As far as I can remember, it was chassis 01 that was wrecked at Monza an Autocon is planning to use chassis 02, with Creation using chassis 3, so I don't think there'd be any problems with it needing to be repaired.
Old 28 May 2008, 18:58 (Ref:2214124)   #358
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy
As far as I can remember, it was chassis 01 that was wrecked at Monza an Autocon is planning to use chassis 02, with Creation using chassis 3, so I don't think there'd be any problems with it needing to be repaired.
I said nothing about the Creation chassis needing to be repaired. I said the the accident at Monza was caused by a failure of the new frt suspension. While the Autocon car has a frt unit that is tried and true. You see there is this, if you break it you buy it clause, and I am sure Autocon does not wish to have to buy 2 new chassis.

L.P.
Old 31 May 2008, 17:31 (Ref:2216035)   #359
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is odd however, is that for a works supported entry, why could Creation afford to loan Autocon a Judd GV5.5? The Autocon guys claim they're going to be using a GV5 S1!
Old 31 May 2008, 18:06 (Ref:2216061)   #360
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
What is odd however, is that for a works supported entry, why could Creation afford to loan Autocon a Judd GV5.5? The Autocon guys claim they're going to be using a GV5 S1!
I think once again it is a budgetary thing. If they grenade the 5.0 they simply replace it while upgrading their own equipment. If something where to happen to a loaner 5.5 from Creation they have the cost of replacing it and still need to upgrade their own (eventually).

L.P.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 16:13 (Ref:2216871)   #361
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
On RML, Chris McMurry was saying they were suffering from oil leaks on a rebuilt Judd that had oil leak issues in the past. They were only getting 4 laps before needting to top up.

This seemed odd in that you would think the oil leak could have been rectified during rebuild?
Old 1 Jun 2008, 16:19 (Ref:2216876)   #362
The Badger
Veteran

Fair dues ..... crap effort from both of them today .

Oil leak after a rebuild , I know exactly where I would be sending that engine !!! Thats just not exceptable , on any level , and to even except that in the first place goes to show just how serious the effort is in the first place .

Sad .....
Old 1 Jun 2008, 17:22 (Ref:2216920)   #363
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Fair dues ..... crap effort from both of them today .

Oil leak after a rebuild , I know exactly where I would be sending that engine !!! Thats just not exceptable , on any level , and to even except that in the first place goes to show just how serious the effort is in the first place .

Sad .....
Huh? When you only have X amount of time to get needed laps in, and ****e weather, you give them ****e for not changing the engine. Frankly, backwards in my book, as they did what was required for them to able to be on the grid for the race!

L.P.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 18:01 (Ref:2216993)   #364
The Badger
Veteran

Yeah ..... maybe a tad unfair with that last post . I was just disapointed and did expect more from them .

Last edited by The Badger; 1 Jun 2008 at 18:07.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 18:27 (Ref:2217020)   #365
Sarthe82
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey
Sarthe82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe
On RML, Chris McMurry was saying they were suffering from oil leaks on a rebuilt Judd that had oil leak issues in the past. They were only getting 4 laps before needting to top up.

This seemed odd in that you would think the oil leak could have been rectified during rebuild?
Surprised they were even allowed out on the track if that was the case, all that leaking oil's got to go somewhere, maybe under the #7 Peugeot's wheels?
Old 1 Jun 2008, 18:33 (Ref:2217028)   #366
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarthe82
Surprised they were even allowed out on the track if that was the case, all that leaking oil's got to go somewhere, maybe under the #7 Peugeot's wheels?
I was thinking this too......not about the Peugeot incident specifically, but about the amount of oil being spread on a wet track. If they could only do four lap stints before topping up..............it must have been pumping out a goodly amount.

Does Autocon actually have a spare engine?
Old 2 Jun 2008, 02:12 (Ref:2217416)   #367
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would be shocked if they do. This is a team that really cannot afford to be racing at the level they are. Then again, it did sorta sound like this block was just sourced from Judd - unless they had their block sent over for a rebuild after Long Beach.
Old 3 Jun 2008, 07:04 (Ref:2218352)   #368
The Badger
Veteran

So hopefully we can expect more from them come race week ?
Old 3 Jun 2008, 07:19 (Ref:2218365)   #369
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe
Does Autocon actually have a spare engine?
For Le mans, it would be normal for teams to have a test/practice engine and a newly prepared engine for the race.

While the Autocon boys didn't have the pace, they all had to do their ten laps in conditions that were pretty treacherous on a circuit that is known to be very dangerous. Unlike some others, they kept to their game plan...and, unlike some others, kept the car on the black stuff.
Old 3 Jun 2008, 15:52 (Ref:2218841)   #370
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy
Well evidently they are using the chassis that JCW had the wreck with at Monza, including the front end. And are using their drive train out of the CA06H.

L.P.
Old 3 Jun 2008, 16:03 (Ref:2218860)   #371
full throttle
Racer

full throttle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to be clear...

The Judd was not 'leaking', rather the oil was being consumed in large amounts. How is not really clear. This is the same engine that had a similar problem at Sebring and has been back to Judd for inspection. In the morning of the test day the problem retuurned and was much worse. Consequently, the runs were very limited in quantity and very short in duration. Together with the constantly changing track conditions and drivers who have either very little or no experience at lemans the day quickly became an exercise in getting the 10 lap miniumums complete. They got no runs in during the brief dry period of the day. Hopefully the practice/qualifying days will bring better fortune.

Last edited by full throttle; 3 Jun 2008 at 16:08.
Old 3 Jun 2008, 16:10 (Ref:2218866)   #372
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by full throttle
The Judd was not 'leaking', rather the oil was being consumed in large amounts. How is not really clear. This is the same engine that had a similar problem at Sebring and has been back to Judd for inspection. In the morning of the test day the problem retuurned and was much worse. Consequently, the runs were very limited in quantity and very short in duration. Together with the constantly changing track conditions and drivers who have either very little or no experience at lemans the day quickly became an exercise in getting the 10 lap miniumums complete. They got no runs in during the brief dry period of the day. Hopefully the practice/qualifying days will bring better fortune.
Is this an owned Judd engine, or leased? Will the engine be replaced, as the unit appears to be rather problematic?
Old 3 Jun 2008, 16:19 (Ref:2218870)   #373
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like Judd will end up keeping that unit..
Old 3 Jun 2008, 16:19 (Ref:2218871)   #374
full throttle
Racer

full throttle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is a leased engine. Unfortunately the only other S1 engine available is the race engine so don't know what the team will do short term. i do know that due to commitments that Judd guys can't teardown the problem child at the moment. it did improve at the end of the test day though no one really knows why? very unusual for Judd as they are very dependable. everyone scratching their heads.
Old 6 Jun 2008, 03:59 (Ref:2220972)   #375
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Creation AIM to expand to ALMS?

Creation AIM's Commercial Manager Andy Woolgar:

It is very much Creation Aim's goal to increase our presence in NC, both with national and global thinking companies and associations in the region, and also through our American Le Mans (ALMS) racing programme which we aim to grow from the current programme's 2 races that we participate in annually, during the month of October.

State of North Carolina represented at Le Mans

Among the NC based businesses represented, Click Culture and Pixon Imaging will be a part of the Creation Aim squad as the team enter their 4th consecutive Le Mans 24 hours.

http://www.motorsportsnc.org/GetCont...p?ContentID=85

http://www.creationsport.co.uk/news/...029/PR029.html

Forsyth Technical Community College to work with Creation at Le Mans

June 4, 2008

Under the agreement, Creation Autosportif will provide cooperative education experiences for Forsyth Tech students. The students will work with Creation Autosportif professionals to learn race car engineering, data acquisition, structured team management and other aspects of the industry, both in the shop and on-site at race events. The students will be provided with team apparel and use of fire suits, as appropriate to their tasks at races.

http://www1.forsythtech.edu/home/new...to-the-le-mans

http://www.creationsport.co.uk/news/...031/pr031.html

Chris McMurry, Autocon Motorsports

# 23 Creation CA07-Judd (LMP1)

"We put an engine in that came back from Judd and it has been leaking oil. It was giving us problems at Sebring so it's not fixed. We were trying to get our 10 laps in. We will switch our engines here in the next few days. Judd has seen I think only two engines fail here at Le Mans so it's a remarkable thing.

"Mike (Lewis) runs a great team and it's nice to be partnered up with the Creation guys this week. That will help a lot. Most of the teams are focusing on getting their laps in this week. Next week will be different anyway...we hope."

(42 ALMS drivers for Le Mans - 2008)

June 2, 2008 news

http://www.americanlemans.com/News/Article.aspx?ID=4326