Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 1 Aug 2016, 23:05 (Ref:3662950)   #3776
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
It's why we haven't seen it and likely will not see a Road America 500 again.
The ALMS was headed for a six hour event prior to the merger....We may see it again. The BoD wants a longer event.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 3 Aug 2016, 18:48 (Ref:3663291)   #3777
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would love to see a 125 lapper at Road America, making it part of the NAEC seems right.

What this I hear about the integration of TCR? It's a touring car class that runs 30mins races so I don't see this become a part of any existing series in IMSA ladder. And I don't feel it should replace ST, as I heard these a more expensive. I have heard IMSA having a sprint Touring car series way back in the 80s on YouTube. Maybe they are trying to have that come back.
Old 3 Aug 2016, 18:57 (Ref:3663293)   #3778
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcz View Post
What this I hear about the integration of TCR? It's a touring car class that runs 30mins races so I don't see this become a part of any existing series in IMSA ladder. And I don't feel it should replace ST, as I heard these a more expensive. I have heard IMSA having a sprint Touring car series way back in the 80s on YouTube. Maybe they are trying to have that come back.
Just because a class wasn't designed for a certain job doesn't mean it's incapable of doing it. The Oreca FLM09 was originally made for short sprint races, but it has worked out well for endurance runs as well with minimal alterations.

That said, I doubt ST will actually be changing since it still attracts sufficiently large grids. TCR is likely being looked at as a direction should that change.
Old 3 Aug 2016, 19:44 (Ref:3663309)   #3779
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey if they want those OEM dollars, then they should go for. I'm pretty sure there is some interest.But it really was built with sprint races in mind.

How would you name this series? Go retro and call it the International Sedan Series or call it the United States Touring Car Championship?
Old 3 Aug 2016, 20:31 (Ref:3663319)   #3780
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
USTCC is already A Thing.

Bring back the defunct NATCC with NGTC spec cars.
Old 3 Aug 2016, 20:40 (Ref:3663328)   #3781
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcz View Post
Hey if they want those OEM dollars, then they should go for. I'm pretty sure there is some interest.But it really was built with sprint races in mind.

How would you name this series? Go retro and call it the International Sedan Series or call it the United States Touring Car Championship?

TCR cars run in the 24h series in Europe in 12 and 24 hour races just fine. I think they are fitted with an endurance pack for those races.

You are right though, they were intended for sprint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 3 Aug 2016, 23:09 (Ref:3663356)   #3782
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
Just because a class wasn't designed for a certain job doesn't mean it's incapable of doing it. The Oreca FLM09 was originally made for short sprint races, but it has worked out well for endurance runs as well with minimal alterations.

That said, I doubt ST will actually be changing since it still attracts sufficiently large grids. TCR is likely being looked at as a direction should that change.
TCR is much closer to GS/GT4 performance wise than to ST, though...
Old 4 Aug 2016, 01:30 (Ref:3663366)   #3783
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Black Swan has withdrawn from Road America (and possibly future races later this season) after the death of owner/driver Tim Pappas' father on Monday per Racer Magazine.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/13279...end-activities
Old 4 Aug 2016, 18:43 (Ref:3663470)   #3784
Makaze
Racer

Makaze has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Magnus NSX GT3 in 2017?
Old 5 Aug 2016, 01:51 (Ref:3663513)   #3785
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaze View Post
Magnus NSX GT3 in 2017?
Magnus, Shank or Stevenson according to http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/13280...a-nsx-gt3-deal

Weird to see 2 teams in the running that bought new equipment over the past winter but I guess the Audis have good resale value.

I hope Shank stays in prototype but anyways it'll be great to see a pair of NSXs in GTD next year!
Old 5 Aug 2016, 03:19 (Ref:3663519)   #3786
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Magnus, Shank or Stevenson according to http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/13280...a-nsx-gt3-deal

Weird to see 2 teams in the running that bought new equipment over the past winter but I guess the Audis have good resale value.

I hope Shank stays in prototype but anyways it'll be great to see a pair of NSXs in GTD next year!
I do not see Shank leaving the Prototype class.

L.P.
Old 5 Aug 2016, 13:32 (Ref:3663577)   #3787
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Yeah, this would be an "in addition" thing.

BTW, Lexus has an ad out currently for the RC-F that features the GTD car.
Old 5 Aug 2016, 13:39 (Ref:3663581)   #3788
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Top 3 edges:

Shank: loyal HPD soldier
Magnus: proven GTD winner over multiple years
Stevensson: proven succesfull 2 car (GTD) entrant
Old 5 Aug 2016, 17:07 (Ref:3663612)   #3789
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
PC out after 2017
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/th...in-2018-no-pc/
Old 5 Aug 2016, 17:08 (Ref:3663613)   #3790
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
2017 sked out, LRP becomes GT only.
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/20...dule-released/
Old 5 Aug 2016, 17:09 (Ref:3663614)   #3791
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
P3 into Lites as the headlining class, will join WSC at LRP.
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/lmp3-in...ment-for-2017/
Old 5 Aug 2016, 17:12 (Ref:3663615)   #3792
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
2017 sked out, LRP becomes GT only.
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/20...dule-released/
PC out from Long Beach? Awesome. PC out from Lime Rock? Even better. I like the mix up of P and GT-only, gives a nice mix to the season.
Old 5 Aug 2016, 17:18 (Ref:3663616)   #3793
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
PC out from Long Beach? Awesome. PC out from Lime Rock? Even better. I like the mix up of P and GT-only, gives a nice mix to the season.
In fact only 8 PC dates next year: Daytona, Sebring, COTA, Detroit, Watkins Glen, Mosport, Road America, Road Atlanta
Old 5 Aug 2016, 17:25 (Ref:3663617)   #3794
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does anybody find it strange that the sole pro-am class does the most races
you would think the guys with jobs might enjoy a 8-10 race schedule instead of 12......or does the series actually see GTD as the biggest draw?
Old 5 Aug 2016, 17:33 (Ref:3663620)   #3795
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
There is NOT a huge demand for it in the US. Nobody in P Lites is going to spend double what it currently costs to get a new car - especially one that's not particularly faster. The series would be better off adopting Group CN cars - more up-to-date machinery for identical price and performance.

And exposure? In P Lites? You must be joking.
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/lmp3-in-imsa-prototype-lites-replacement-for-2017/
Old 5 Aug 2016, 17:39 (Ref:3663624)   #3796
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/lmp3-in-imsa-prototype-lites-replacement-for-2017/
Man.... I totally don't know anything.

EDIT; this was in response to your quote...
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 5 Aug 2016, 17:40 (Ref:3663625)   #3797
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
Man.... I totally don't know anything.
Credit where it's due, you called it.
Old 5 Aug 2016, 17:40 (Ref:3663626)   #3798
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Finally getting rid of pc. Hopefully some step up to dpi but I think that's a stretch.
Old 5 Aug 2016, 17:43 (Ref:3663630)   #3799
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"Furthermore, no Balance of Performance will be administered to either category."

Non-100%-spec NASCAR category without immense bopping?

Of course, being in Lites means it's somewhat pointless to purchase LMP3 (what with the non-existent coverage and joke of a sprint races)

Oh and LMPC finally getting hit by that asteroid, about time. Kudos also to not pleasing Oreca all the time and giving them extension after extension of spec contracts, even if there had been upgrade chassis
Old 5 Aug 2016, 17:50 (Ref:3663633)   #3800
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lots of stuff in the State of the Series announcement!

IWSC headed to 3 classes in 18.

"P" class in 17 will be DPi and P2 equalized as a single class, reinstatement of the Trueman award for privateers with a Le Mans invite attached to it.

PC for 17 then no replacement in 18

GTLM as is

GTD as is

CTSC:

GS transitioning to GT4, in 18 will be full on GT4 only.

ST to stay the same with the possibility of TCR joining in 18.

IMSA Lites:

LMP3 to become the top PC1 class
current L1 cars to become PC2 class
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Full class change info here: http://www.imsa.com/news/082016/imsa...rm-innovations

___________________________________________________________________________________

2017 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship Schedule

Date Event (Duration) / Venue Classes / Duration:

Jan. 26-29 Rolex 24 At Daytona P/PC/GTLM/GTD

Daytona International Speedway – Daytona Beach, Florida 24 Hours

March 15-18 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Fueled by Fresh From Florida P/PC/GTLM/GTD

Sebring International Raceway – Sebring, Florida 12 Hours

April 7-8 BUBBA burger SportsCar Grand Prix at Long Beach P/GTLM/GTD

Long Beach, California 100 Minutes

May 5-7 Circuit of The Americas P/PC/GTLM/GTD

Austin, Texas 2 Hours, 40 Minutes

June 2-3 Chevrolet Belle Isle Detroit Grand Prix P/PC/GTD

Belle Isle Park – Detroit, Michigan 100 Minutes

June 30-July 2 Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen P/PC/GTLM/GTD

Watkins Glen International – Watkins Glen, New York 6 Hours

July 7-9 Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix P/PC/GTLM/GTD

Canadian Tire Motorsport Park – Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada 2 Hours, 40 Minutes

July 21-22 IMSA WeatherTech Northeast Grand Prix GTLM/GTD

Lime Rock Park – Lakeville, Connecticut 2 Hours, 40 Minutes

Aug. 4-6 Continental Tire Road Race Showcase P/PC/GTLM/GTD

Road America – Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin 2 Hours, 40 Minutes

Aug. 25-27 Michelin GT Challenge GTLM/GTD

VIRginia International Raceway – Danville, Virginia 2 Hours, 40 Minutes

Sept. 23-24 Continental Tire Monterey Grand Prix powered by Mazda P/GTLM/GTD

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca – Monterey, California 2 Hours, 40 Minutes

Oct. 5-7 Petit Le Mans P/PC/GTLM/GTD

Road Atlanta – Braselton, Georgia 10 Hours

IMSA WeatherTech Championship Sanctioned Test Sessions

Date Venue Classes:

Nov. 15-16, 2016 Daytona International Speedway P/PC/GTLM/GTD

Daytona Beach, Florida

Dec. 13-14, 2016 Daytona International Speedway P/GTLM/GTD

Daytona Beach, Florida

Jan. 6-8, 2017 Roar Before The Rolex 24 At Daytona P/PC/GTLM/GTD

Daytona Beach, Florida

Feb. 23-24, 2017 Sebring International Raceway P/PC/GTLM/GTD

Sebring, Florida

_________________________________________________________________________________

2017 IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge Schedule

Date Venue / Location Duration

Jan. 27 Daytona International Speedway – Daytona Beach, Florida 4 Hours

March 17 Sebring International Raceway – Sebring, Florida 2 Hours

May 6 Circuit of The Americas - Austin, Texas 2 Hours

July 1 Watkins Glen International – Watkins Glen, New York 2 Hours

July 8 Canadian Tire Motorsport Park – Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada 2 Hours

July 22 Lime Rock Park – Lakeville, Connecticut 2 Hours

Aug. 4-6 Road America – Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin 2 Hours

Aug. 26 VIRginia International Raceway – Danville, Virginia 2 Hours

Sept. 23 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca – Monterey, California 4 Hours*

Oct. 6 Road Atlanta – Braselton, Georgia 2 Hours