Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 22 Sep 2013, 17:20 (Ref:3307551)   #3876
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://www.racer.com/wecs-af-corse-w...rticle/312880/

AF Corse looking to run their Ferraris at a few USCC events like Daytona, Sebring or PLM
NAEC rounds likely.(?)

L.P.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 17:38 (Ref:3307576)   #3877
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
This, to me, looks like a clear indication that new rules will not be introduced for competition until 2017.
Which is not a bad thing. What else is due in 2017? New P1 rules. So essentially USCC is keeping the doors open for reintroducing P1 then.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 17:47 (Ref:3307586)   #3878
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

AF Corse looking to run their Ferraris at a few USCC events like Daytona, Sebring or PLM
Interesting that Indy is one of the events that is drawing teams like AF Course in...

Where are all of those people poo-pooing running at Indy now?
Old 22 Sep 2013, 17:50 (Ref:3307592)   #3879
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Land View Post
Interesting that Indy is one of the events that is drawing teams like AF Course in...

Where are all of those people poo-pooing running at Indy now?
Maybe because it is part of the NAEC.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 17:53 (Ref:3307594)   #3880
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
No it isn't. It's a standard length race. Petit and Sebring rightly took its place.

And just because AF Corse wants to race at Indy, that doesn't mean the track isn't crappy.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 17:58 (Ref:3307602)   #3881
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
No it isn't. It's a standard length race. Petit and Sebring rightly took its place.

And just because AF Corse wants to race at Indy, that doesn't mean the track isn't crappy.
No doubt the track sucks, but its a big venue and will attract European teams and drivers who want a race at Indy on their resumes.

Hopefully the Hulmans will use the 100 million they were just loaned and make the road course better.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 18:01 (Ref:3307605)   #3882
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
My mistake, I thought the NAEC was 5 rounds, not 4.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 18:08 (Ref:3307615)   #3883
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Indy was 3hrs this year for GA, I would think it will be a 2:45 on the USCC calendar. Which is not an endurance round (NAEC). Those will be Daytona, Sebring, Watkins Glen and Petit.

L.P.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 19:26 (Ref:3307678)   #3884
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
So ... if you don't like USCC's top class in 2014, take a long vacation.
One year too long.. oh well, whatever. This WEC is a cracking race isn't it?
Old 22 Sep 2013, 20:49 (Ref:3307758)   #3885
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Which is not a bad thing. What else is due in 2017? New P1 rules. So essentially USCC is keeping the doors open for reintroducing P1 then.
New P1 regs? Where has this been mentioned?
Old 22 Sep 2013, 20:58 (Ref:3307768)   #3886
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
New P1 regs? Where has this been mentioned?
P1 regs recently seem to have gone in 3-year cycles, so theoretically the next overhaul might be in 2017.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 21:04 (Ref:3307774)   #3887
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
P1 regs recently seem to have gone in 3-year cycles, so theoretically the next overhaul might be in 2017.
Two cycles doesn't make it a definitive rule yet... and 2014 regs are the biggest change for a long time, so you'd think they are here for a longer time to give some stability.

Cars speeds should be easy to regulate with changes to the fuel flows and energy allocations, which seemed like the biggest reason for the somewhat unnececssary 2011 changes.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 21:06 (Ref:3307776)   #3888
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
But 2014 regs are the biggest change for a long time, so you'd think they are here for a longer time to give some stability.

Cars speeds should be easy to regulate with changes to the fuel flows and energy allocations, which seemed like the biggest reason for the somewhat unnececssary 2011 changes.
Maybe at the end of the 3-year cycle they'll use data from Garage 56 projects to officially introduce (and try to properly balance) other technologies to LMP1? (unless all projects are Nissan of course )
Old 22 Sep 2013, 21:12 (Ref:3307783)   #3889
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Maybe at the end of the 3-year cycle they'll use data from Garage 56 projects to officially introduce (and try to properly balance) other technologies to LMP1? (unless all projects are Nissan of course )
2017 feels too soon for all EV race cars (to be able to race really competitively) and also that might not necessarily need completely new regs.

Then again we know how well things went when they last time added completely new tech to the regs (diesel)
Old 22 Sep 2013, 22:15 (Ref:3307850)   #3890
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Old 23 Sep 2013, 16:27 (Ref:3308226)   #3891
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Good to see that the 991 will be available for customers by Sebring. Would have been better had it been before Daytona, but...

http://sportscar365.com/wec/porsche-...-cars-in-2014/

L.P.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 23:31 (Ref:3311243)   #3892
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Poster on John Dagys' Twitter suggests that the FIA/ACO have rejected many of the proposals to slow down LMP2 machinery (aero changes, air restrictor changes, steel brake rotors). Someone wanting to stir the pot, or a possible confirmation of what IMSA/TUSCC brass has said all along: that ACO classes will see minimal changes?

BTW: Sportscar365 is currently down--I get a 403 error every time I try and check in on any link here. Better let John know...
Old 1 Oct 2013, 01:14 (Ref:3311270)   #3893
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Poster on John Dagys' Twitter suggests that the FIA/ACO have rejected many of the proposals to slow down LMP2 machinery (aero changes, air restrictor changes, steel brake rotors). Someone wanting to stir the pot, or a possible confirmation of what IMSA/TUSCC brass has said all along: that ACO classes will see minimal changes?

BTW: Sportscar365 is currently down--I get a 403 error every time I try and check in on any link here. Better let John know...
From a competition standpoint your cannot really do it. The P2's are barely ahead of the PC's (and in a lot of cases are not) which are barely ahead of the GTE's.
Old 1 Oct 2013, 02:26 (Ref:3311278)   #3894
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
From a competition standpoint your cannot really do it. The P2's are barely ahead of the PC's (and in a lot of cases are not) which are barely ahead of the GTE's.
Am I the only one who does not mind seeing the GTLM cars closer to the overall leader lap times? Despite what I hear I still think that LMP2 cars will be a 2/3 seconds slower at Sebring next year (down to 1 min 54's from 51's) than this for BoP reason. LMPC could be in the 55's whereas GTLM qualifying times will go down to 1 min 57's. DP's probably in the 55's too. My prediction anyways.
Old 1 Oct 2013, 11:16 (Ref:3311398)   #3895
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any word on what the SC procedures will be in the series next year? Believe it or not, the Rolex style wave around + pit stop on cautions absolutely kill the endurance aspect for me. There's enough yellows at Daytona that you can come from 7 laps down to be on the lead lap through no real merit of your own as MSR did this year.It might lead to closer finishes but it renders the first 22 hours! almost pointless.
Old 1 Oct 2013, 13:01 (Ref:3311448)   #3896
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think most sports car fans hope the Rolex-style free stop/free lap will be dropped for the more normal free lap Or free stop rule.

I agree, having a car competing for the win at the end having gained seven laps without ever once having passed the leader is beyond bogus.
Old 1 Oct 2013, 16:29 (Ref:3311543)   #3897
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Thing is that IMSA has said that they've wanted to deviate as little as possible from ACO/FIA regs so that IMSA teams can run LM if they have--what on paper at least--is ACO spec equipment.

If it's true that the ACO and FIA have rejected a lot of the proposed rules to slow down LMP2s, that shows that they at least feel that the DP teams either have to modify their cars, or buy LM/WEC spec machinery.

Of course, why do that when Spirit of Daytona has shown that it's quite possibly fairly inexpensive to bump a DP up to at least near LMP2 performance levels?
Old 1 Oct 2013, 18:04 (Ref:3311587)   #3898
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Ford DP is rather...disapointing. It still looks like a geneic Riley. Although if somebody has a pic of the tail lights in the back I would love to see it.

I figured this might happen when from the beginning it was said that the car would have general Ford sytling cues rather than be made off a specific brand.

Last time I checked Ford DOES NOT have any specific sytling cues that you can find on all models. The grill and headlights on the Ford DP screams "Ford" to you?

The DP Gen 3 concept has so much potential. And I'm glad that there are a lot of Corvettes out there which look great. But that generic Riley has got serious room for improvement and the Ford just did not quite go far enough to get away from that I think. I hope that BMW will step up and come up with their own look because they power enough cars to have a vested interest to do that.
Old 1 Oct 2013, 18:26 (Ref:3311598)   #3899
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
The Ford DP is rather...disapointing. It still looks like a geneic Riley. Although if somebody has a pic of the tail lights in the back I would love to see it.

I figured this might happen when from the beginning it was said that the car would have general Ford sytling cues rather than be made off a specific brand.

Last time I checked Ford DOES NOT have any specific sytling cues that you can find on all models. The grill and headlights on the Ford DP screams "Ford" to you?

The DP Gen 3 concept has so much potential. And I'm glad that there are a lot of Corvettes out there which look great. But that generic Riley has got serious room for improvement and the Ford just did not quite go far enough to get away from that I think. I hope that BMW will step up and come up with their own look because they power enough cars to have a vested interest to do that.
They could have added the ripped off Aston Martin grille they're putting on cars now.
Old 1 Oct 2013, 21:30 (Ref:3311667)   #3900
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post

Hey, it says "Ford Ecoboost" on the side panel, isn't that enough?

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Closed Thread