Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Mar 2003, 09:36 (Ref:536766)   #376
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
- Idée Verte WR : it's ended for 2003, the car won't be ready

That's definite then Fab, is it?
Old 15 Mar 2003, 11:33 (Ref:536834)   #377
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Well, that's not long to wait now to have the definitive LM entry list ! But I assume ACO have a serious idea of what it will be, already. Except fot those we're all waiting, I have now some doubts about :
- the Morgan (for sale at Sebring !) : very very sad news, I love this car
The orignal car run last year by RaceSports Salisbury has been for sale for a while (was advertised in Autosport for a couple of weeks last month), presumably because they're now involved in the TVR project, but Morgan themselves seem to be running an in-house factory effort instead- they announced drivers (Martin Short/Matt Griffin/Charles Morgan)a couple of weeks ago

Last edited by KA; 15 Mar 2003 at 11:35.
Old 15 Mar 2003, 11:44 (Ref:536846)   #378
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
KA, from what I understand that is is the case, hopefully we will see the Morgan back at Le Mans this year.
Old 15 Mar 2003, 20:36 (Ref:537372)   #379
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
KA, from what I understand that is is the case, hopefully we will see the Morgan back at Le Mans this year.
Phew ! Let's hope ACO keep them in the entry list...
Old 16 Mar 2003, 11:54 (Ref:537988)   #380
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
a few of my amateurish observations...

none of the proposed new cars for 2003 lasted very long. lister, zonda...nasamax the longest with 14(!)laps. i wonder how the aco will view all this.

675 has supposedly a big lm entry...but they were pretty much nowhere in race conditions yesterday.

is there any way of tweaking a bit more power out of that panoz?

will the slippier bentley fare better on the straights of le mans?

and whos spencer pumpelly?!
Old 16 Mar 2003, 12:40 (Ref:538010)   #381
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
We'll have the new Courage C65 in addition of the Sebring LMP 675, and the new WR too... I hope, if not as fast as the LMP 900, they could handle it on 24 hours in their own category...
Old 16 Mar 2003, 16:36 (Ref:538168)   #382
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The only new car to make an impression at Sebring was the TVR, which I think has done enough to get in. As for the others I reckon they will all get in as the ACO will want as wide range of cars from different manfactours.
Old 16 Mar 2003, 17:51 (Ref:538209)   #383
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
I think so... the interrest of ACO is in opening the race to new teams, cars, etc...

The next challenge for ACO is to attract Japan with a great factory... hey Ayse ?
Old 16 Mar 2003, 19:08 (Ref:538251)   #384
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
The next challenge for ACO is to attract Japan with a great factory... hey Ayse ?
and didn't the ACO have a trip to Japan not to long back to drum support for the race.
Old 16 Mar 2003, 21:36 (Ref:538378)   #385
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i think the moderators know something we don't!
Old 16 Mar 2003, 21:59 (Ref:538392)   #386
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
i think the moderators know something we don't!
and whats that I wonder
Old 16 Mar 2003, 22:25 (Ref:538405)   #387
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
675 was brutal at Sebring last year too. Out of all the combined starts for MGs at Sebring, I only know of 2 entries that didn't have suspension problems. Intersport last year (who had othr problems), and the Dyson MG that sat in the pits for 4 1/2 hours.
Old 17 Mar 2003, 06:13 (Ref:538596)   #388
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
and whats that I wonder
Looooooots of things (just kidding !)

I just read papers and internet sites around...
Old 17 Mar 2003, 09:47 (Ref:538700)   #389
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Some news...

And not only the papers... here are some news from SpiritOf :
http://www.spiritof.com.fr/spirit%20...303.htm#Larbre
They'll let you know that a Bourdais (Sebastien father)could be at the start of LM this year at the wheel of a Larbre Porsche, and that Jena-Michel Bayle could drive the Luc Alphand Porsche... Bayle was motorcyle champion and won lats year Bol d'Or...
Old 17 Mar 2003, 12:32 (Ref:538826)   #390
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dailysportscar are saying spyker have lodged two entries, a trifle hopefull I think.
The Lister, Nasmax and Zonda all have something to prove to the ACO now.
What would you prefer, a varity of different cars, some lasting less than the hour or would you go with known examples? thats if you have the choice.
Old 17 Mar 2003, 13:07 (Ref:538861)   #391
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
and whats that I wonder

Well, I certainly don't have any inside information......

About Bourdais Fab - that would be Patrick then, yes? He's raced at Le Mans a few times before, hasn't he - for Larbre or Chereau?
Old 17 Mar 2003, 13:08 (Ref:538864)   #392
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic

What would you prefer, a varity of different cars, some lasting less than the hour or would you go with known examples? thats if you have the choice.

Variety's the spice of life for me. Otherwise we could end up with a field of Audi's and 911's - Jeez, what a dreadful thought......
Old 17 Mar 2003, 13:20 (Ref:538881)   #393
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
About Bourdais Fab - that would be Patrick then, yes? He's raced at Le Mans a few times before, hasn't he - for Larbre or Chereau?
That's him ; he drove on :
1993 : Sauber SHS C 6 N°28, with Bassaler and Capette
1994 : Alpa LM N°8, with Minassian and Couvreur
1995 : Callaway Corvette N°76, with Thyrring and Coppelli
1996 : Porsche 911 GT2 N°8, with Goueslard and Ahrle
1997 : Porsche 911 GT2 N°75, with Lasa Reisende and Kitchak
1999 : Porsche 911 GT2 N°67, with Jarier and De Thoisy

All those informations are kindly given by this french site :
http://www.abc24.fr.fm/
I don't know the webmaster, but this site is very easy to use for a research, and it's in english too !

Precision : Jean-Luc Chereau, as CEO of Chereau SA, is the main sponsor of Larbre Competition, and one the gentlemen drivers for Le Mans race...

Last edited by Fab; 18 Mar 2003 at 05:49.
Old 17 Mar 2003, 19:14 (Ref:539301)   #394
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Didn't I hear somewhere that M. "Fridge" Chereau is in some financial trouble? Or did I dream that up?

By the way, for what its worth, I don't intend to remove any car/entrant from my "hypothetical" list until such time as the ACO announce who is "invited" to participate. Any idea when that will be Fab?
Old 17 Mar 2003, 19:29 (Ref:539323)   #395
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Didn't I hear somewhere that M. "Fridge" Chereau is in some financial trouble? Or did I dream that up?

By the way, for what its worth, I don't intend to remove any car/entrant from my "hypothetical" list until such time as the ACO announce who is "invited" to participate. Any idea when that will be Fab?
I belive you are right there Ayse, I have also heard that. Lets just hope the ACO put out of our misary and tell use who they are going to invited to the race this week.
Old 18 Mar 2003, 05:57 (Ref:539810)   #396
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Chereau SA suffered of a bankrupcy lately... doesn't mean that the firm is closed, but that there's a problem of cash-flow... it doesn't seem to affect their entries in FIA-GT championship and all things around...

Quote:
The ACO announce who is "invited" to participate. Any idea when that will be Fab?
They anounce 'some weeks after Sebring', but mean 'some days' IMO... it was shortly after Sebring last year. BTW, there's not a so wide choice this year, with 72 candidates for 50 places plus 6 substitutes. There's more or less 20 LMP/GTP 900 (just the count they need), 10 GTS or so ; the choices are in LM 675 : there's some serious cars, but after Sebring disarray, there will be questions ; and the overcrowded GT class : hope they chose not to much Porsches...

Let's remember here that :
- ACO has to have a good grid at the start (fast and prestigious cars),
- but enough cars running 24 hours later, which is not so simple

It's much more easy to chose cars for a picture than for a 24 hours race...
Old 18 Mar 2003, 08:10 (Ref:539862)   #397
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Just looked back to last year and the ACO announced the entry on the 21st of March............
Old 18 Mar 2003, 08:23 (Ref:539868)   #398
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aha - could be imminent then.....
Old 18 Mar 2003, 13:01 (Ref:540070)   #399
kdr
Veteran

ayse and fab....another prediction competition this year could be "amount of finishers"!
Old 18 Mar 2003, 13:03 (Ref:540072)   #400
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, I've started my two. If anyone else wants to think up some more - go for it. Having said that, I don't necessarily want to see 163 different predictions threads......