Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 Nov 2021, 13:03 (Ref:4081112)   #376
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
didn't he bumped into a car (at Croft?) BEFORE the race started ?
But other people have done that not just Hamilton
Old 2 Nov 2021, 13:51 (Ref:4081119)   #377
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
didn't he bumped into a car (at Croft?) BEFORE the race started ?
Remind us of the incident?

In R1 he finished 25th ahead of Halstead and Edwards.
In R2 he was running 23rd before an incident ahead of him (under the safety car) that he was unable to avoid.
In R3 he finished 20th, running ahead of Osborne and Plato in the latter laps.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 14:00 (Ref:4081121)   #378
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Remind us of the incident?

In R1 he finished 25th ahead of Halstead and Edwards.
In R2 he was running 23rd before an incident ahead of him (under the safety car) that he was unable to avoid.
In R3 he finished 20th, running ahead of Osborne and Plato in the latter laps.
I think he meant under the safety car
Old 2 Nov 2021, 14:13 (Ref:4081126)   #379
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I seem to remember that incident happening, but it's not like he's the only one who's had an incident under the SC
Old 2 Nov 2021, 14:17 (Ref:4081129)   #380
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
I think he meant under the safety car
Ah - that's what had confused me. The post made emphasis of the incident being 'before' the race.

It was a strange incident that, because Butel had already gone into the back of Edwards, before Hamilton went into the back of Butel.
If you watch the replay from Hamilton's onboard, you can see Butel's brakes come on the rear of his car lift in the air from the first contact with Edwards.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 15:15 (Ref:4081139)   #381
Pdh
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I seem to remember that incident happening, but it's not like he's the only one who's had an incident under the SC
I think there was an incident at knockhill last year where gornall hit the back of neate under the safety car
Old 2 Nov 2021, 16:07 (Ref:4081148)   #382
Pdh
Racer

So Chilton and cicely part ways
Old 2 Nov 2021, 16:09 (Ref:4081149)   #383
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not surprising. Honestly I think Chilton will depart BTCC as well.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 16:10 (Ref:4081150)   #384
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Coincidentally I'm hearing Charlie Martin has a test lined up in a BMW.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 16:15 (Ref:4081152)   #385
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so where can he go now ? maybe back to BTC ?
Old 2 Nov 2021, 16:16 (Ref:4081153)   #386
Pdh
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Coincidentally I'm hearing Charlie Martin has a test lined up in a BMW.
Am I being really thick but who?
Old 2 Nov 2021, 16:20 (Ref:4081155)   #387
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
so where can he go now ? maybe back to BTC ?
I would have thought Speedworks, Motorbase, Excelr8 would all be options. Can’t see him going back to BTC he didn’t get on very well there.

He did admit he shouldn’t have next Motorbase when he did.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 16:24 (Ref:4081156)   #388
Pdh
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
I would have thought Speedworks, Motorbase, Excelr8 would all be options. Can’t see him going back to BTC he didn’t get on very well there.

He did admit he shouldn’t have next Motorbase when he did.
I was surprised when he left there, decent first season finishing 3rd and an ok second season and then he leaves just as they bring a new car out that was rapid from the get go
Old 2 Nov 2021, 16:31 (Ref:4081158)   #389
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Had the same, googled and decided not to comment.

As for Chilton, I've seen some interview with him where he kept all options on the table - including staying at Cicely as well as leaving BTCC altogether. It seems it was his decision while Cicely might've been keen on keeping him.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 16:32 (Ref:4081159)   #390
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Cammish has already said that he is considering his options, and has a few offers on the table. Could he take the seat alongside Morgan?
Old 2 Nov 2021, 16:35 (Ref:4081160)   #391
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Cammish has already said that he is considering his options, and has a few offers on the table. Could he take the seat alongside Morgan?
Seeing how infamous the second car of Cicely has been, I don't wish Cammish that - however, on paper it looks like a great option for both sides.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 16:36 (Ref:4081162)   #392
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Not surprising. Honestly I think Chilton will depart BTCC as well.
I really hope he doesn’t leave the BTCC. Not only is Tom Chilton a great driver, he is also a great character to have on the grid. And he’s three years younger than Jason Plato was when Chilton called him ‘too old for the BTCC,’ (and 15 years later…), so he should have three years left in him
Old 2 Nov 2021, 16:38 (Ref:4081163)   #393
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
MB Partners driver and regular ambassador on the BMW BTCC social media feeds.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 16:42 (Ref:4081164)   #394
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
And just like that, the grid position clears up a bit more:
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Entry List.png  
Old 2 Nov 2021, 16:46 (Ref:4081165)   #395
Pdh
Racer

Quote:
MB Partners driver and regular ambassador on the BMW BTCC social media feeds.
Could definitely do a good rumor there then MB partners and bmw tie up
Old 2 Nov 2021, 17:24 (Ref:4081169)   #396
AJD
Rookie

AJD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Seeing how infamous the second car of Cicely has been, I don't wish Cammish that - however, on paper it looks like a great option for both sides.
Very true. When was the last time if ever Morgan's team mate stayed longer than one season? I'm in no way suggesting anything here but one car always seems to go quite well whilst the second struggles. Maybe they struggle juggling 2 cars with 2 drivers who may like different set ups. Maybe it's just a coincidence.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 18:01 (Ref:4081173)   #397
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJD View Post
Very true. When was the last time if ever Morgan's team mate stayed longer than one season? I'm in no way suggesting anything here but one car always seems to go quite well whilst the second struggles. Maybe they struggle juggling 2 cars with 2 drivers who may like different set ups. Maybe it's just a coincidence.
The answer to your question is never. If we count 2018 as the first season when Cicely was a two-car operation (I doubt we can call such their partnership with Laser Tools, can't we?) the second driver was Oliphant in 2018, Rowbottom in 2019, Butel in 2020 and Chilton 2021. Apart from Butel, all of them proved to be decent peddlers in different teams whereas in Cicely they were absolutely nowhere. Doesn't have to indicate Morgan's car is better prepared just because it's his family team. It may be that for whatever reason they struggle to make both cars competitive.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 18:08 (Ref:4081175)   #398
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
The answer to your question is never. If we count 2018 as the first season when Cicely was a two-car operation (I doubt we can call such their partnership with Laser Tools, can't we?) the second driver was Oliphant in 2018, Rowbottom in 2019, Butel in 2020 and Chilton 2021. Apart from Butel, all of them proved to be decent peddlers in different teams whereas in Cicely they were absolutely nowhere. Doesn't have to indicate Morgan's car is better prepared just because it's his family team. It may be that for whatever reason they struggle to make both cars competitive.
It also has to be remembered that, apart from Chilton, the 2nd driver has been developing whilst at Ciceley. Ciceley has been a great stepping stone for BTCC drivers to date.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 18:14 (Ref:4081177)   #399
Matt K
Veteran

True, however I think that neither Oliphant nor Rowbottom couldn't really maximise their potential at Cicely - have feeling if they'd debuted at WSR and Dynamics respectively, they'd have fared a lot better and not only because of these teams are stronger than Cicely.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 18:24 (Ref:4081178)   #400
AJD
Rookie

AJD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It also has to be remembered that, apart from Chilton, the 2nd driver has been developing whilst at Ciceley. Ciceley has been a great stepping stone for BTCC drivers to date.
No I agree. You could argue it's one of the best if not the best team to get your first bite of the cherry at. It just seems strange but I did say it could just be a coincidence. Morgan is a solid driver and is always going to be outscoring and out performing a new driver to the series. Chilton is the odd one but maybe RWD was just too much of a different style to what he was used to in touring cars.