Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 14 Sep 2012, 01:55 (Ref:3135702)   #376
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
But you are confusing several issues that overlap in some areas.
Going by what Roger said, the case could fall over due to funding issues resulting from other issues. Which is completely different from st winning because they are right.

Looks like we have differing views on that case then, as from my understanding of it Petch hasn't a leg to stand on.
Old 14 Sep 2012, 02:01 (Ref:3135704)   #377
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Revhead View Post
But you are confusing several issues that overlap in some areas.
Going by what Roger said, the case could fall over due to funding issues resulting from other issues. Which is completely different from st winning because they are right.

Looks like we have differing views on that case then, as from my understanding of it Petch hasn't a leg to stand on.
I dont think its Petch and Co that have the Worries at this Point
Old 14 Sep 2012, 02:17 (Ref:3135710)   #378
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Not if the legalities of his actions can't be investigated due to other cock ups
Old 14 Sep 2012, 02:36 (Ref:3135716)   #379
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Revhead View Post
Not if the legalities of his actions can't be investigated due to other cock ups
My understanding is that ST were never worried, I guess you must get your information from Inky Tullock or Dave Dopey or Martin Fine then. It might be lucky for them if the case doesn't go ahead as it might open up their very big can of worms!

Maybe ST should offer to post their bond for them so they can really nail them to the wall!
Old 14 Sep 2012, 04:08 (Ref:3135736)   #380
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
RogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Media Release

Friday 14 September 2012

MotorSport NZ takes control of 2013 Race Championship Series

MotorSport NZ can confirm that it has stepped in to administer and run the 2013 Race Championship Series.

This follows a review of Motorsport Promotions Ltd by the Directors who have determined that MPL is not in a position to continue to promote the Championships and that the Company should cease trading. To this effect a liquidator will be appointed to wind up the affairs of the Company.

A partnership between the Sport, its race organising Clubs and Circuits has been put in place and a management team including MotorSport NZ’s General Manager, Brian Budd and Amanda Tollemache will manage the 2013 Championship season. Discussion regarding the promotion and management of future Championships will continue over the coming months.

The added involvement of each circuit and club will create an opportunity for them to add local flavour to the each event.

The calendar for the 2013 MotorSport NZ Race Championship Series has been confirmed and it’s going to be an action packed summer of racing.

The championship classes are looking strong with the hugely successful Toyota Racing Series heading up the card. The category has confirmed a five round back-to-back international calendar over January and February 2013.

NZV8s will have both current and new generation cars competing this season for two Gold Star Championship titles. More details will be released by the category in the coming weeks with a real emphasis on opportunities available for our up and coming race drivers.

A lot of work has gone into revitalizing the Formula Ford Championship and its looking like numbers will be strong for both North and South Island rounds. The always entertaining Super Truck Championship will be joining the Tier One series in the South Island.

In an exciting step-up, IRC (Independent Race Classes) will be joining Tier One this summer. They have a multitude of classes joining the main game including GT1/GT2, SS2000, Formula First, Pro 7 and many more. Add to this the BMW Race Driver Series and we have events crammed full of top NZ race classes.

MotorSport NZ President Shayne Harris said, “There has been a lot of re-organisation going on over the last few months. We are pleased to be out the other side of that now and able to concentrate on the job at hand, which is to put together an awesome summer of motor racing.”

2013 MotorSport NZ Race Championship Series calendar
12-13 January Teretonga Park, Invercargill – TRS, NZV8s, FF
19-20 January Timaru International Motor Raceway – TRS, NZV8s, FF
26-27 January Taupo Motorsport Park (IRC event) - TRS
02-03 February Hampton Downs (IRC event) - TRS
09-10 February Manfeild, Feilding – TRS, NZV8s, FF
09-10 March Taupo Motorsport Park – NZV8s, FF
TBC April Pukekohe Park (V8 Supercars) – NZV8s
11-12 May Hampton Downs – NZV8s, FF

Ends

Old 14 Sep 2012, 04:58 (Ref:3135743)   #381
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
come on GB, there is no such thing as an honest lawyer
Ha, very good, you gave me a laugh for the weekend

I suspect we could stretch that statement to a few other professions too, like politicians, car dealers, insrance salesmen, real estate agents... (but not nurses who are all lovely)...
Old 14 Sep 2012, 05:49 (Ref:3135755)   #382
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
My understanding is that ST were never worried, I guess you must get your information from Inky Tullock or Dave Dopey or Martin Fine then. It might be lucky for them if the case doesn't go ahead as it might open up their very big can of worms!

Maybe ST should offer to post their bond for them so they can really nail them to the wall!
i wouldn't under estimate MNZ's legal team......there's a huge amount of speculation here but i know MNZ lawyers are very accomplished as i am sure a lot of you know....funds may of course be an issue but i wouldn't for a second think that MNZ(or whom) are sittin around drinkin tea doin nothin.....so to speak.
Old 14 Sep 2012, 05:53 (Ref:3135756)   #383
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
RogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
at the end of the day.......... it's fook-up for every licence holder in NZ as we will be the ones getting it in the pocket through increased licence renewal and competitor levies.
I don't think you can necessarily jump to the conclusion that MSNZ will be hit with the legal costs from the VEEGA/ST litigation.

However, I think MSNZ lent money to TPL which was then lent onto VEEGA to cover expenses which may have been legal bills. The money MSNZ advanced to MPL (club member's money) is most probably gone seeing MPL is having a liquidator appointed. MSNZ may be at risk if they, as a regulatory body, were involved either directly or indirectly in the litigation which was (irrelevant of who is right or wrong) action to curtail the activity of a group wanting to participate in motor sport. This may have financial repercussions for MSNZ and as a result member clubs and competitors.

If anyone wants a copy of the High Court judgement so they can make up their own mind on the decision - sent me a PM with your email address and I'll sent you a copy.
Old 14 Sep 2012, 05:58 (Ref:3135760)   #384
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcey View Post
i wouldn't under estimate MNZ's legal team......there's a huge amount of speculation here but i know MNZ lawyers are very accomplished as i am sure a lot of you know....funds may of course be an issue but i wouldn't for a second think that MNZ(or whom) are sittin around drinkin tea doin nothin.....so to speak.
What was MSNZ Lawyers doing on MPL Business?
Old 14 Sep 2012, 07:41 (Ref:3135778)   #385
Kerry Cooper
Rookie

Kerry Cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guys I just can't sit here and read this stuff any longer without trying to put some truth into all of this. Roger let me put you straight - MSNZ never lent money to MPL and I have no idea where you would get that from! The only money MSNZ paid to MPL was the annual admin fee grant which was voted on by Confernece back in 2000 and was an annual grant paid to both MPL and Rally NZ to support the admin functions of both companies in the promotion of the race and rally championships.

While I was still working for MPL I can tell you that MPL and MSNZ were not involved financially or named anywhere in the legal proceedings between NZV8s and SuperTourers - never were.

Obviously I am a former employee of MPL which was set up 20 years ago and despite a very rocky first two years has stood on her own two feet and provided a lot of permit and levy revenue to MSNZ as well as championship rights fees etc. and annually championship events at the shareholding circuits. These forum threads cast a lot of shadow and smoke around the operation of MSNZ, MPL and the people who work or have worked as both volunteers and paid employees and frankly whilst the roles are hardly going to win popularity contests it is without base and grossly unfair to keep taking a swing at Brian Budd or Shayne Harris or Martin Fine etc. Shame on you Shaun Summerfield for using your soap box to take a crack at Shayne Harris - your comment was slanted as usual and way out of context. For a guy who states he is a journalist who just wants to see the best for motor racing you sure have a massive political agendathat you have wheeled out week after week for a couple of years!

There should be no smoke and mirrors here guys. Both MPL and MSNZ financial accounts are annually audited and published and discussed at Conference etc. Take the time to look - it will answer a lot of the questions and assumptions I see here about finances.

There is obviously a wind of change blowing and a lot has changed. MPL has done a lot of good work over the years but you can't please everyone all of the time. Don't shoot MSNZ before you take a good hard look at why this current situation has arisen.

Actually when you look at it the legal action is between shareholders of the NZV8 company - not MSNZ or MPL - but plenty of petrol has been poured on to the fire to create as much smoke and confusion as possible with the likes of Roger H drawing all sorts of conclusions as to MSNZ and MPL's involvement and legal culpibility.

Just to set the record straight as well I would never post on a forum under a hidden identity - this is the first time I have posted on this forum. Maybe some of those hiding behind assumed identities should come forward and ask the questions or make the statements in person. Roger you are the exception in this one but you have really got the wrong end of the stick on much of this unfortunately.

Kerry C
Old 14 Sep 2012, 07:56 (Ref:3135787)   #386
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Cooper View Post
Guys I just can't sit here and read this stuff any longer without trying to put some truth into all of this. Roger let me put you straight - MSNZ never lent money to MPL and I have no idea where you would get that from! The only money MSNZ paid to MPL was the annual admin fee grant which was voted on by Confernece back in 2000 and was an annual grant paid to both MPL and Rally NZ to support the admin functions of both companies in the promotion of the race and rally championships.

While I was still working for MPL I can tell you that MPL and MSNZ were not involved financially or named anywhere in the legal proceedings between NZV8s and SuperTourers - never were.

Obviously I am a former employee of MPL which was set up 20 years ago and despite a very rocky first two years has stood on her own two feet and provided a lot of permit and levy revenue to MSNZ as well as championship rights fees etc. and annually championship events at the shareholding circuits. These forum threads cast a lot of shadow and smoke around the operation of MSNZ, MPL and the people who work or have worked as both volunteers and paid employees and frankly whilst the roles are hardly going to win popularity contests it is without base and grossly unfair to keep taking a swing at Brian Budd or Shayne Harris or Martin Fine etc. Shame on you Shaun Summerfield for using your soap box to take a crack at Shayne Harris - your comment was slanted as usual and way out of context. For a guy who states he is a journalist who just wants to see the best for motor racing you sure have a massive political agendathat you have wheeled out week after week for a couple of years!

There should be no smoke and mirrors here guys. Both MPL and MSNZ financial accounts are annually audited and published and discussed at Conference etc. Take the time to look - it will answer a lot of the questions and assumptions I see here about finances.

There is obviously a wind of change blowing and a lot has changed. MPL has done a lot of good work over the years but you can't please everyone all of the time. Don't shoot MSNZ before you take a good hard look at why this current situation has arisen.

Actually when you look at it the legal action is between shareholders of the NZV8 company - not MSNZ or MPL - but plenty of petrol has been poured on to the fire to create as much smoke and confusion as possible with the likes of Roger H drawing all sorts of conclusions as to MSNZ and MPL's involvement and legal culpibility.

Just to set the record straight as well I would never post on a forum under a hidden identity - this is the first time I have posted on this forum. Maybe some of those hiding behind assumed identities should come forward and ask the questions or make the statements in person. Roger you are the exception in this one but you have really got the wrong end of the stick on much of this unfortunately.

Kerry C
Kerry was a relative of yours involed in any way of providing trailers? that's all.
Old 14 Sep 2012, 08:15 (Ref:3135792)   #387
Kerry Cooper
Rookie

Black Pearl the answer is no. MPL has owned three trailers over the period of my employment. The big Rally trailer was built by Lochiel Engineering in Southland. The small podium trailer and the Coffee trailer were built by Kapiti Coast Trailers in Otaki which is owned by an Aussie guy and his wife who came to NZ several years back. The two hospitality trailers that have been used in recent years at events are owned by The Ultimate Venue Ltd and these were also built by Kapiti Coast Trailers - that was how I got to know about them.

None of these organisations that built the trailers are owned, employee or have anything to do with any relative of mine. Back 15 years or more ago when the company was run on a shoe string we used my garden trailer to tow circuit signage around and I built that!
Old 14 Sep 2012, 08:30 (Ref:3135795)   #388
Blackpearl
Racer

Quote:
Black Pearl the answer is no. MPL has owned three trailers over the period of my employment. The big Rally trailer was built by Lochiel Engineering in Southland. The small podium trailer and the Coffee trailer were built by Kapiti Coast Trailers in Otaki which is owned by an Aussie guy and his wife who came to NZ several years back. The two hospitality trailers that have been used in recent years at events are owned by The Ultimate Venue Ltd and these were also built by Kapiti Coast Trailers - that was how I got to know about them.

None of these organisations that built the trailers are owned, employee or have anything to do with any relative of mine. Back 15 years or more ago when the company was run on a shoe string we used my garden trailer to tow circuit signage around and I built that!

So who is the ultamite venvue owners? what about that, hamptons apartment. merc safety car? or is all that FINE
Old 14 Sep 2012, 08:32 (Ref:3135796)   #389
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:

Kerry C
Kerry, it is appreciated that you have come to this forum under your own name - however, just a couple of responses to your posting.

Let's wait until the liquidator has done his report on MPL to see who owes who. I have seen documentation that appears to support my statement that MSNZ has advanced funds to MPL.

Your comment that MPL were not involved in the litigation with the ST directors seems in conflict with advice I have received from MSNZ in writing that MPL had given an undertaking that they would contribute to the legal costs of VEEGA.

I also refer you to para 40 of the High Court decision released yesterday which states : Counsel for VEEGA was, however, unable to give the Court an assurance that MSNZ and/or TMC were not funding the shareholders and/or NZV8’s for the purpose of the litigation. The defendants therefore retain legitimate concerns about the funding arrangements.

Surely if VEEGA cannot deny that TMC(MPL) and MSNZ were not funding the litigation then there is cause for concern.

With respect to the potential legal culpability of MPL and MSNZ I was doing no more than addressing the statements made in the High Court decision at pars 36 and 37 which raised issues of anti-competitive behaviour and competition law and directed these comments at MSNZ and MPL. I was careful to say as a result of this that MSNZ may have a legal risk.

Kerry, there is a lot of emotion of these forums but I try to be very careful that the statements I make are supportable.
Old 14 Sep 2012, 08:51 (Ref:3135801)   #390
Kerry Cooper
Rookie

Blackpearl (or whoever you are) take the time to look yourself at who owns The Ultimate Venue Limited. They are not my relatives but they did do some great hospitality work for MPL that was always profitable.

As for the Hampton Downs apartment MPL paid a deposit on one when they were first floated but our shareholders didn't want the company to own that so Geoff Short bought out our deposit - all above board, contracted and paid for. We never took the ownership beyond deposit stage.

The Safety Car was also owned by Geoff but again there was a contract with an annual payment he had to make for the Mercedes to retain that right. Mercedes were also on board as a sponsor in that project. Plenty of fuss was made of it though. Geoff was the commission only salesman for MPL who naturally hunted all opportunites. Many resented this and tried to make all kinds of linkages.

Again let me reiterate that the financial affairs, sponsorships and commercial arrangements of MPL were subject to an annual independent audit process that was very thorough.

These kind of questions have been answered face to face in many meetings time and time again but I guess there are those out there that would rather keep adding a twist and a turn to keep the pot boiling.

All I would say here is that clearly there has been a mood of change. We all can have our views on that but I would encourage you all for the sake of the Sport to get over picking at the bits and pieces.

No matter how many times over the years myself or others have stepped forward to answer and been able to back the answer up with documentation or whatever there has always been those who resented the Company and its linkage to MSNZ. In all of that many fogot or never knew why the company was formed in the first place- take some time out to have a look back through that maybe.
Old 14 Sep 2012, 09:07 (Ref:3135805)   #391
Vanishing Point
Racer

Vanishing Point should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Kerry C
Kerry, I have to take you to task over your criticism of Shaun Summerfield. Just because he makes editorial comment that is not favorable to you or MPL/TMC you consider him biased, I believe he is only saying what most of us think, and he would not be doing his job if he didn't question or criticise the actions of you and MPL/TMC...Is it true MPL/TMC still owe TV3 $100k?... And is it true this debt happend under your tenure at TMC?.. Kerry I think you need to accept some of the responsibility for the mess we are in and maybe thank Shaun for helping to bring it to the attention of NZ Motorsport fans.
Old 14 Sep 2012, 09:12 (Ref:3135806)   #392
Kerry Cooper
Rookie

Hi Roger,

Thanks for your post in reply to my maiden effort. I would concede that during those ealry Super Tourer days we were all very stirred up about possible remedies but to my knowledge when push has come to shove the actions have been taken and funded entirely by shareholders of NZV8s. I can't speak for MSNZ.

I haven't seen the High Court documents you refer to and probably won't look at them either. What will be will be in that battle and I have moved on from what has been several of the worst politically fraught years I have ever known.

Take a look around and you will see battles all over the country from sporting organisations trying to manage the commercial reality of trying to play in the big league. Rugby loses and unions around the country in the media with their financial hassles. Just this week Wellington Cricket were reported on the back page of the Dominion Post with massive financial looses and problems. The parallels were freakish - an organisation that had to make commitments and honour contracts from way out prior to events. When the events played out they didn't come close to even conservatively budgeted fruition for a variety of reasons that in the end were largely beyond the control of those managing it. Weather, star factor and economy - no excuse but certainly factors.

All I have joined the forum for now is to try and bring some clarity to the history of the Company. Give me a call if you want to discuss any of this with me rather than debate it over a forum. Once you have spoken to me you can take up the chase again and keep everyone informed.

Cheers

Kerry C
Old 14 Sep 2012, 09:31 (Ref:3135814)   #393
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Interesting times, we shall see what develops.
Old 14 Sep 2012, 09:35 (Ref:3135815)   #394
Sommersby
Racer

Sommersby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Shame on you Shaun Summerfield for using your soap box to take a crack at Shayne Harris - your comment was slanted as usual and way out of context. For a guy who states he is a journalist who just wants to see the best for motor racing you sure have a massive political agendathat you have wheeled out week after week for a couple of years.

Kerry C
Kerry,

While I will refuse to get into a slagging match in this forum. I will say that unless you can explain what my slant was in regard to my 'crack' at Mr Harris, and also just what you believe my 'massive political agenda' is - then I would suggest you may want to think twice.

Still, I'll try and help you out: Mr Harris opined the lack of coverage on TV3 that 'our' (NZV8) received compared to the ST. As this comment was made with no right of reply on a national radio station, I thought it only fair to reply.

It was behind the pit buildings at Taupo this March with a number of TMC/MPL staff where I made it very clear that as soon as I had a list of confirmed (NZV8) entrants and the new cars were ready to race - I would consider reporting it. Until then, it simply wasn't a story. I was told me there were 8 cars ordered...I said I need to see the names of drivers and teams. As I pointed out...I'm still waiting.

One of your colleagues during that conversation stated " you covered the SuperTourers without knowing who was driving", I pointed out that I covered the ST launch, where several drivers including Greg Murphy and multiple v8 champs John McIntyre and Andy Booth (among others) all said they had signed up. My next story wasn't until the car was being tested.

Kerry, I will keep this on topic, but it should be pointed out that this isn't the first time you have taken issue with my work. I don't have a goal to be controversial, but I don't shy away from controversy. Whether it is opinion pieces or reporting (don't confuse the two) I value honesty, balance and facts. If I have failed on any of these fronts I apologise in advance. Conversely, I expect you to do the same in regard to your comments.

For the record , I do love Motorsport...but only clean racing.

Shaun.

Last edited by Sommersby; 14 Sep 2012 at 10:02. Reason: Spelling
Old 14 Sep 2012, 09:42 (Ref:3135818)   #395
sportsfan
Rookie

sportsfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kerry ,, is there any truth that Motorsport NZ has in fact started another company of which Martin Fine, John Fawkes etc are directors?

Also can you tell us all here and now that you are no linger employed by Motorsport NZ or any affiliations?.

Finally what are your thoughts on how the dismissal of Brian Lawrence has been handled.

Thanks for your post in reply to my maiden effort. I would concede that during those ealry Super Tourer days we were all very stirred up about possible remedies but to my knowledge when push has come to shove the actions have been taken and funded entirely by shareholders of NZV8s. I can't speak for MSNZ.

I haven't seen the High Court documents you refer to and probably won't look at them either. What will be will be in that battle and I have moved on from what has been several of the worst politically fraught years I have ever known.

Take a look around and you will see battles all over the country from sporting organisations trying to manage the commercial reality of trying to play in the big league. Rugby loses and unions around the country in the media with their financial hassles. Just this week Wellington Cricket were reported on the back page of the Dominion Post with massive financial looses and problems. The parallels were freakish - an organisation that had to make commitments and honour contracts from way out prior to events. When the events played out they didn't come close to even conservatively budgeted fruition for a variety of reasons that in the end were largely beyond the control of those managing it. Weather, star factor and economy - no excuse but certainly factors.

All I have joined the forum for now is to try and bring some clarity to the history of the Company. Give me a call if you want to discuss any of this with me rather than debate it over a forum. Once you have spoken to me you can take up the chase again and keep everyone informed.

Cheers

Kerry C[/QUOTE]
Old 14 Sep 2012, 09:43 (Ref:3135819)   #396
Kerry Cooper
Rookie

Fair enough Shaun - please accept my apologies. I'm looking forward to Bathurst and need to be able to sit and enjoy your coverage this year!
Old 14 Sep 2012, 09:44 (Ref:3135820)   #397
Blackpearl
Racer

Quote:
Blackpearl (or whoever you are) take the time to look yourself at who owns The Ultimate Venue Limited. They are not my relatives but they did do some great hospitality work for MPL that was always profitable.

As for the Hampton Downs apartment MPL paid a deposit on one when they were first floated but our shareholders didn't want the company to own that so Geoff Short bought out our deposit - all above board, contracted and paid for. We never took the ownership beyond deposit stage.

The Safety Car was also owned by Geoff but again there was a contract with an annual payment he had to make for the Mercedes to retain that right. Mercedes were also on board as a sponsor in that project. Plenty of fuss was made of it though. Geoff was the commission only salesman for MPL who naturally hunted all opportunites. Many resented this and tried to make all kinds of linkages.

Again let me reiterate that the financial affairs, sponsorships and commercial arrangements of MPL were subject to an annual independent audit process that was very thorough.

These kind of questions have been answered face to face in many meetings time and time again but I guess there are those out there that would rather keep adding a twist and a turn to keep the pot boiling.

All I would say here is that clearly there has been a mood of change. We all can have our views on that but I would encourage you all for the sake of the Sport to get over picking at the bits and pieces.

No matter how many times over the years myself or others have stepped forward to answer and been able to back the answer up with documentation or whatever there has always been those who resented the Company and its linkage to MSNZ. In all of that many fogot or never knew why the company was formed in the first place- take some time out to have a look back through that maybe.
Is it also not true that BNT had as a sponser required a certain number on the grid.

as such numbers never were met the tmc or mpl were to pay them for failing to meet the contract.
Old 14 Sep 2012, 09:50 (Ref:3135825)   #398
Kerry Cooper
Rookie

Hi sportsfan - I should have known I would open the flood gates by breaking cover.

I am no longer an employee of MSP or MSNZ. I resigned two months backand Shayne Harris reported that in the MotorSport News recently issued.

I can't comment (simply because I don't know) on what has gone on since I left and I must also respect the confidentiality around sponsorships and other commercial arrangements.
Old 14 Sep 2012, 15:32 (Ref:3135949)   #399
KRDG
Rookie

KRDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hi sportsfan - I should have known I would open the flood gates by breaking cover.

I am no longer an employee of MSP or MSNZ. I resigned two months backand Shayne Harris reported that in the MotorSport News recently issued.

I can't comment (simply because I don't know) on what has gone on since I left and I must also respect the confidentiality around sponsorships and other commercial arrangements.

Kerry

credibility is very important here.

I have just checked the companies office and you resigned as a board member (director) of New Zealand V8 Touring Cars Limited which was a 100% owned subsidiary of MPL (formally TMC) on the 16th of August 2012 not quite one month ago and well after you left (as you put it) employment of MPL. M Fine was your fellow director.

You were replaced on that board by new director B Budd and the shareholding was transferred 100% to MSNZ the day before. Some call this a phoenix company by the way.

You resigned as an employee of MPL two months ago and now know nothing about what is happening at MPL?? Ok maybe the records take a while to change at the companies office.

but

There is another company that is still owned 100% by MPl, New Zealand Supertruck Racing Ltd and you and M Fine are directors of that company, right now, today!!

For you to say above and repeated here below……………...

I can't comment (simply because I don't know) on what has gone on since I left and I must also respect the confidentiality around sponsorships and other commercial arrangements

........ is just not credible.

Please desist challenging my intelligence and that of other reasonable posters (one of whom you have apologized to above) or I will keep going with more factual material that will help your memory regarding accounts, auditing and the running of TMC to name a few things.

Also just to help you as you haven’t read the judgment of the recent legal action, a Judge of our New Zealand High Court thinks there is a high probability that MSNZ is funding the legal action taken by VEEGA against the ST Directors and I would tend to go with his view rather than yours. That is why the judge has stopped the action by VEEGA against the ST Directors till documents are produced.

Hope that clarifies another little thing for you.
Old 14 Sep 2012, 20:07 (Ref:3136060)   #400
E36ST
Racer

New Zealand
NZ
E36ST should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Kerry, thank you for dropping by to contribute your thoughts.

One question from me would be is there any truth to the rumour that your daughter was employed to run the coffee cart, which was purchased for many tens of thousands of dollars as I understand it?