Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 29 Jul 2009, 21:37 (Ref:2511210)   #376
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I saw a Trabant on the Santander to Plymouth ferry !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 Jul 2009, 19:11 (Ref:2511884)   #377
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Wooshy View Post
There must have been something going on at Malvern yesterday as I saw 4 Morgan aero 8's and lots of other "little" Morgans !
I was in that area at the weekend and i too saw strangely large amount's of Morgans. Not sure what (if anything) has been going on.
Old 30 Jul 2009, 21:49 (Ref:2511976)   #378
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Within 1/2 of exiting Heathrow we were passed on the M25 by a Lambo Murcie a few weeks back
Old 31 Jul 2009, 06:09 (Ref:2512161)   #379
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Saw a Ferrari F360 parked outside a petrol station on the weekend...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 31 Jul 2009, 11:06 (Ref:2512330)   #380
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
i live around the corner from don and justin law, so often see plenty of jag xj220's being driven around
I've only ever seen one of those on the road- driving back down the A2 from work one Saturday afternoon a few years back, and sitting on the forecourt outside a fish & chip shop was a British Racing Green 220...

Saw a Porsche Carrera GT on the A20 near Tonbridge a few months back
Old 31 Jul 2009, 16:08 (Ref:2512550)   #381
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about eight, yes eight Weismans in a car park in Looe in Cornwall, what a spectacular sight that was or,

Wait for it.............. a Ferrai F430, F50 and an Enzo in convoy on the M25 towards the Dartford Tunnel, possibly coming away from Brands Hatch!!! WOW!
Old 3 Aug 2009, 15:18 (Ref:2514659)   #382
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Saw a Porsche Carrera GT on the A20 near Tonbridge a few months back
Was the GT yellow?? I have seen one a few in and around Tonbridge?
Old 6 Aug 2009, 19:01 (Ref:2516912)   #383
mini1400
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chelmsford, Essex
mini1400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A couple of years ago I passed a Mclaren on the M11 by Stanstead with the reg plate K1mi....
Old 6 Aug 2009, 19:13 (Ref:2516922)   #384
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
Bump - In the pass week I have spotted in Leeds a McLaren Mercedes SLR and Morgan AeroMax. Now there are 2 you don't see every day.
Last time I saw an SLR just driving around I was driving it!
Old 6 Aug 2009, 20:40 (Ref:2516976)   #385
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The guy that owns the complex I live in has an S65 that he taunts us all with, sits right next to the office so every time I drop off the rent check I really think I deserve to at least get to hit a good straight stretch with it once for the money I've given him. Have seen a few Countach in town here, but a couple people claim there's an original GT40 and modern GT up one of the back roads, and a guy owns 3 Caterham but haven't ever seen them out on the road yet.
Best I've been in was the ride home from my last exam in a 968, with the sun shining and top down.
Old 7 Aug 2009, 14:40 (Ref:2517386)   #386
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yesterday in Birmingham was a good day for car spotting; first I saw a Lamborghini Reventon parked outside the Fort Parkway dealership, then on the way home I was passed on the M42 by a McLaren SLR in matt black.

My best spot ever though was the Zonda F that parked up beside me at the M3 services near Winchester last year http://www.flickr.com/photos/paul69/1749663595/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paul69/...n/photostream/
Old 11 Aug 2009, 08:02 (Ref:2519354)   #387
AshMcD
Rookie

AshMcD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My ex lived in SW Kensington when she was at uni. I used to see at least five supercars walking to Sainsbury's. There was a Quatraporte, several 911s, a Gallardo and a Brabham Merc within 10 seconds walk from the front door of her halls.

It took me hours to walk anywhere because I'd have to stop every couple of minutes to look at a car!
Old 19 Aug 2009, 12:32 (Ref:2524365)   #388
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Living near Gaydon, as I do...

Every model Aston you can think of, pretty much daily.

Loads of Jag XFs, and all kinds of Range Rover/Land Rover, on test.

There is also what looks like a 6 series Beemer with what I can only describe as 'dazzle' camouflage! A swirly pattern in black on a white car. Thing is, I reckon I've also seen a Jag in that paint job? I suspect Proto. dept. may have a new way of disguising their runabouts...

Oh, and years back I knew a guy who had a genuine, ex works, Ferrari TR59/60. Glorious thing. I got to sit in it, once!
Old 19 Aug 2009, 12:36 (Ref:2524368)   #389
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Wooshy View Post
There must have been something going on at Malvern yesterday as I saw 4 Morgan aero 8's and lots of other "little" Morgans !
100th birthday celebrations. Uber jealous that my parents went and I got left at home in Australia
Old 19 Aug 2009, 16:26 (Ref:2524461)   #390
TerryD
Racer

United Kingdom
Suffolk
TerryD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw a Pagani Zonda on the M6 toll on 13th August. He joined by a slip road and blasted past me with the most amazing noise
Old 20 Aug 2009, 09:36 (Ref:2524905)   #391
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
And, Lo. I drove home last night, and there was a Jag XF in this dazzle camo, just leaving the village...
Cunning plan, Baldrick!
Old 13 Sep 2009, 15:43 (Ref:2539744)   #392
Megan
Rookie

United Kingdom
Leicester, England
Megan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've seen quite a few 'nice' cars here and there, but not usually doing anything spectacular. One sighting that does come to mind was one a few weekends ago. Me and my mum were driving along a small country road near to where we live when we saw a huge plane flying quite low just over the hill we were on. It took us a while to figure out what it was, because neither of us know much about planes . It was the newly restored Vulcan Bomber from Bruntingthorpe airfield, a few miles away from where we live. Mum told me about it, saying it was the last one flying and that they raised over £1million to restore it. ''Pretty cool'' I though, and then literally a minute later a gorgeous deep blue Noble M12 with cream leather seats drove up behind us, and I told mum to slow right down and open the windows so it would overtake us and I could listen to it, and naturally it did. I've seen those things numerous times at car shows, but my god that sound is amazing! Not a bad day, considering we were only going out to buy supplies for the BBQ
Old 16 Sep 2009, 04:15 (Ref:2541677)   #393
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've seen several Gallardos, a couple Ford GTs, and even a Spyker C8 Spyder on the road in New Jersey.
Old 18 Sep 2009, 16:34 (Ref:2543482)   #394
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the A361 between Banbury and Chipping Norton yesterday, I was overtaken by a red HSV Coupe (V2 I think). I've never heard a noise like it. Unreal.
Old 18 Sep 2009, 20:56 (Ref:2543610)   #395
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Not a car (it was one of those Merc people carriers), but a great number plate...SAUSAGE. (SAU 546E)
Old 18 Sep 2009, 21:22 (Ref:2543624)   #396
Caramba
Rookie

Wales
Swansea
Caramba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a car I'd want to own but travelling up to the British GP about 3 years ago I passed a De Lorean just outside Oxford.

The most impressive car I've ever seen on the road was a long tail McLaren F1 (running on trade plates) that passed me a couple of miles away from Silverstone when I was driving up to the FIA GT race in 1997 - did they ever sell any long tails for road use ?
Old 19 Sep 2009, 02:21 (Ref:2543684)   #397
Duff_44
Racer

United States
Bristol, CT
Duff_44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most exotic car I ever saw was a Porsche Carrera GT, which I followed out of Lime Rock Park after the ALMS race in 2008.

That's a nice little ride to have for buzzing through rural Connecticut
Old 16 Oct 2009, 13:02 (Ref:2562702)   #398
Belatti
Racer

Argentina
Argentina
Belatti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not that exotic because of the car itself, but more because of the situation.

I was doing 200kph in the freeway at 3 oclock in the morning and a couple of lights appeared in my mirrors. Suddenly I had to let pass something similar to this:

Its the Dodge GTX V8 that was sold here in Argentina in the 70s.

The car was in perfect conditions and with a couple pairs of huge wheels... and doing arround 230kph easily. My car wont go beyond 215kph but thanks to this huge monster slipstream I could get there

The V8 sounded beautifully

Old 16 Oct 2009, 13:07 (Ref:2562704)   #399
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A couple of weeks ago I was overtaken by a F430 Spider on the autobahn (yes, I should say motorway, but I want to emphasize the absence of a speed limit ). There was traffic in the left lane, so he had to slow down, dropped two gears and floored it when his way was clear...what a noise
Old 16 Oct 2009, 17:47 (Ref:2562850)   #400
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramba View Post
Not a car I'd want to own but travelling up to the British GP about 3 years ago I passed a De Lorean just outside Oxford.
Was it moving?

I saw one at a kit car show a few years back