Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Jul 2005, 08:40 (Ref:1362637)   #376
silver 2
Racer

silver 2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, Oran Park NSW State Series is this coming weekend. Thats probably earlier changed version. If I am wrong someone let us know( Please contain to this topic!)
Old 25 Jul 2005, 10:37 (Ref:1362765)   #377
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OP state champs is Definately this weekend coming.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 25 Jul 2005, 12:26 (Ref:1362904)   #378
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh Ok ta. So is the Wakefield rnd still 6th 7th Aug??

No Richard... Allan was bedding brakes going at 80% with passengers.... girly passengers from Diesel clothing though!
Old 25 Jul 2005, 14:45 (Ref:1362993)   #379
djt46
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
djt46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some of you seem very hung up on what is eligible and what isn't.
Thought this from the dreaded CAMS might help

Vehicle eligibility list for 2005 Australian GT Championship
CAMS Memorandum
21 Apr 2005

The Australian Motor Racing Commission (AMRC) has recently approved the vehicle eligibility list for the 2005 Australian GT Championship.

The list of eligible vehicles is as follows:

* Ferrari 360 GT
* Ferrari 360 Challenge
* Lamborghini Diablo GTR
* Maserati Trofeo
* Dodge Viper ACR
* Honda NSX
* Mustang Cobra
* Corvette C5
* Skyline GTR R34
* Lotus Elise Motorsport 200
* Lotus Exige
* Porsche 911 (996) GT3 Cup 02/03 upgrade
* Porsche 911 (996) GT3R/RS
* Porsche 911 (996) GT3 Clubsport
* Porsche 911 (996) GT2
* Porsche 911 (996) GT2R

The performance benchmark for the competition shall be the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 02 model upgraded to 03 specifications. The specifications for all cars shall be set relative to the performance benchmark.

The maximum power to weight ratio for all Porsches shall be 4.2kg/kw in accordance with the Porsche Drivers' Challenge regulations.

Vehicle owners are to contact the Administration Manager at the Porsche Drivers' Challenge to confirm vehicle specification for the Series.

Administration Manager
Rachael Wagg
Phone: (03) 9387 7788
Email: info@porschedriverschallenge.com.au

-------
END

Clearly states what's eligible and therefore a Porsche GT2 should be provided it meets the above spec.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 23:53 (Ref:1363368)   #380
silver 2
Racer

The list has been expanded but goes no where near far enough. Wider inclusion would make the series- I have said it and I will keep saying it.The part missed is that by setting a spec ( which is what is being done ) you immediately eliminate cars .E.G - Simonsons potential entry in a 360 GT for E/C was rejected because it had a sequential gearbox. It is alright for Lambo to have 600 HP AND sequential and be a runaway winner but another entry is rejected .Equally the GT2 situation-- it has to be tied to a set of rules thru APDC which limit mods and HP to 410HP and big weight with limited mods. That is not including cars -- no matter what the list says. Requiring cars to spend a fortune on modifications for these rules is comic-- 6 versions in 6 months.How would anybody know what to do. The Porsche is meant to take on the Lambo with far less of everything-- that is not a level playing field. Competitors want to go racing and it is up to all that are hell bent on being in control to be more realistic and get more cars on the track.
Old 26 Jul 2005, 03:58 (Ref:1363428)   #381
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djt46
Clearly states what's eligible and therefore a Porsche GT2 should be provided it meets the above spec.
Sheesh!! 4.2kg/kw will mean a 1900kg Porsche GT2.
Old 26 Jul 2005, 04:42 (Ref:1363436)   #382
silver 2
Racer

I see someone else gets the point at last!
Old 26 Jul 2005, 05:22 (Ref:1363443)   #383
djt46
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Quite so, don't shoot me I'm just the messanger. Simply posting the CAMS regs. Which by the way are the only version ever produced so that's the only official list! Specs are obviously up to the Porsche Challenge people but i would have thought a sequential on a 360GT would have been homologated by Ferrari a long time ago!
Old 26 Jul 2005, 06:40 (Ref:1363476)   #384
silver 2
Racer

Homolagation aside clown hall and associates will not allow it. The are marching to a band of their own making.Forget the commonsense - look at the self congratulatory chest puffing on the weekend as THEY believe they are so cleverwith the success of their work. It simply overlooks what it could be .The question still remains -why such a narrow list.?
Old 26 Jul 2005, 09:26 (Ref:1363598)   #385
RS500
Veteran

Australia
Australia
RS500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For now i think that the regulations need to be eased off so more cars join the series, and once there is a solid basis of cars on the grid try and organise a parity system that is proven to provid close racing, similar to the one used by the Btitish GT and the FIA GT. I know every body will be upset about this but i feel that the monaros need to come back as they generate public intrest that will increase the spectators and add extra cars to the grid.
Old 26 Jul 2005, 12:25 (Ref:1363733)   #386
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS500
For now i think that the regulations need to be eased off so more cars join the series, and once there is a solid basis of cars on the grid try and organise a parity system that is proven to provid close racing, similar to the one used by the Btitish GT and the FIA GT. I know every body will be upset about this but i feel that the monaros need to come back as they generate public intrest that will increase the spectators and add extra cars to the grid.
I agree that the regs should be eased off a bit not a lot just open so other cars can come in. Onto the monaro sure this would probaly bring some publicity but the monaro caused and uprise in competitiors about this as it was illegal and i doubt that it would add extra cars because if we looked at the procar scene one more time you would see that the monaro didn't bring a lot of cars with it

ff just a quick note to say the engine bay on Ted's 360 was beautiful with the gold covers. Nice touch
Old 26 Jul 2005, 12:26 (Ref:1363736)   #387
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well the Monaro boys had want to hurry up... if the Telegraph has its noise correct, the production of this little baby is to cease before year's end....
Old 26 Jul 2005, 13:37 (Ref:1363791)   #388
djt46
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Monaro production officially ceases at year end 2005. Assembly line is being turned over to the new Commodore models. We might get another Monaro, proably produced in the US, maybe here, and based in some way on the Corvette. As for the race cars, if they want to make them legal then let them run, don't think that will happen some how.
There are plenty of other good cars out there to race and anyway you could always bring a couple of SpeedGT Pontiacs in from the US and rebadge them as Monaros if you really wanted them to race.
Old 26 Jul 2005, 13:41 (Ref:1363796)   #389
Richard Craill
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Richard Craill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The are marching to a band of their own making.Forget the commonsense - look at the self congratulatory chest puffing on the weekend as THEY believe they are so cleverwith the success of their work.
Im not too sure why the series isnt allowed a bit of a pat on the back for the weekend - the racing was clearly brilliant, the field the deepest yet and the competitors were happy - all this after not having anything resembling the series at the start of the year.

Believe me, the organisers know that they have a heap more work to do and are the first to admit things arent perfect and that they are a long way from where they want to be with the series. But regardless, I think they deserve some cudos for what they have achieved to date.

Anyway, TV gets finished off Thursday this week to go to air Sunday. There were four incars spread throughout the field, two of them on cars that charged through the field in R2, so the TV should be awesome to see Sunday on SBS.

Quote:
No Richard... Allan was bedding brakes going at 80% with passengers.... girly passengers from Diesel clothing though!
Ahhhhhhhhhhh... Right, thats who they were. Was good to see Allan around the paddock.. here's hoping he can run sometime soon.
Old 26 Jul 2005, 13:48 (Ref:1363802)   #390
djt46
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Richard, You are the media spokesman for the series so the plaudits are bound to come from you, perhaps you could make your allegiance known when you interject your glowing views.
BTW it is a potentially good series and it does produce some interesting, if slightly shaky and quaint, TV!
Old 26 Jul 2005, 19:21 (Ref:1364027)   #391
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richard I hope the Sports Sedans can get their act together. Maybe someone can make a control chassis , get a few approved body types, then you can have people join the series that do not want to build their own car from scratch.
Old 26 Jul 2005, 23:58 (Ref:1364247)   #392
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks "the man"... but I won't take credit for all that bling. it's a yankee thing from team ACEMCO...

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...1&postcount=63
Old 27 Jul 2005, 03:45 (Ref:1364310)   #393
Richard Craill
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Quote:
Richard, You are the media spokesman for the series so the plaudits are bound to come from you, perhaps you could make your allegiance known when you interject your glowing views.
Fair point djt. I've never tried to hide who I am or what I do though, there's No question I work for the GT series - amongst others - and Im happy to say that. I try not to look at the world through rose coloured glasses though.

My views here, though, are exactly that: my views, not the party line although they are fairly similar, I have to admit. I just want to keep you guys - the fans and potential spectators or TV viewers - informed as to whats going on in the seires (Wether you like what it's doing or not )

Quote:
Richard I hope the Sports Sedans can get their act together. Maybe someone can make a control chassis , get a few approved body types, then you can have people join the series that do not want to build their own car from scratch.
I couldnt agree with you more there Robert.. They are a potentially awesome category. Experiencing them at Phillip Island this year knocked my socks off - Bernie Gillon's thing sounded like a star wars pod racer on the start finish straight.. they make most other racing cars look positivly pedestrian. Shame about the numbers though, although the racing this season has been good.

I think what we have seen accross the entire AMRS schedule this year is the "P" word - Potential. Now that potential needs to be acted on and grown, although that may be a comment for the AMRS thread instead of this one.
Old 27 Jul 2005, 04:00 (Ref:1364314)   #394
djt46
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Richard, I understsand but your involvement should be clear to all, especially those who might happen along here!
I would agree that there is a lot of potential in the AMRS bill and it needs some clever people to make it into something that can rival the overbearing SuperTaxis!
Old 27 Jul 2005, 04:29 (Ref:1364316)   #395
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Craill
I just want to keep you guys - the fans and potential spectators or TV viewers - informed as to whats going on in the seires (Wether you like what it's doing or not )
Thankyou for keeping us to date Richard, it is much appreciated that the Championship and yourself is making this effort to keep us all up to date with the goings on. I hope this can continue.
Old 28 Jul 2005, 11:41 (Ref:1365476)   #396
RS500
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Does anyone know where i can find some photos of the Eastren Creek round?
Old 28 Jul 2005, 12:06 (Ref:1365506)   #397
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
try www.dhphoto.com.au

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 28 Jul 2005, 12:46 (Ref:1365534)   #398
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great shots.

Also expect the www.porschedriverschallenge.com.au to update their site with photos within the next few days.
Old 28 Jul 2005, 13:12 (Ref:1365563)   #399
Richard Craill
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
should be some on the series' website: www.porschedriverschallenge.com.au, shortly.

John Morris from MPix was shooting for the series at EC and got some mega stuff (Examples provided )

(Matt Humphries - Song Zu / Filmgraphics Porsche - Class B)

(Peter Hackett - Lambo Diablo GTR - GT)

As I said, should be more on the website soon so stay tuned and keep checking. Also galleries from QLD and PI up there with some fantastic shots, especially some of Dirk Klynsmith's stuff from the Island.

How about that Air from the Porsche! saw similar shots from F3 and F4000 as well, no doubt happened in other series also.

Photo Credit: MPix - John Morris
Old 29 Jul 2005, 08:04 (Ref:1366369)   #400
RS500
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Thanks there are some great shots there