Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 4 Sep 2006, 17:31 (Ref:1701687)   #376
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I take it that you deliberately drove along that straight going the wrong way?
Old 4 Sep 2006, 20:03 (Ref:1701786)   #377
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nope, racing incident.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 20:38 (Ref:1701817)   #378
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have a vague recollection of that incident... Was I involved?!
There were quite a few big accidents in the TTFRL that I can recall. One at Eau Rouge where I got tangled up with a few other guys and someone (I think it was Spudgun) got somersaulted over the top of us. Then there was a big startline pile-up at Goodwood where only two cars (myself and one other) made it through unscathed. The rest got scattered left or right and then to top it off Fish_Flake did a Luciano Burti-esque flip over the back of someone's wreckage.

And a rather silly race at Solitude where we all drove the H16 BRM and nobody managed to get through the race without a monster accident involving trees and other obstacles around the circuit.
Old 5 Sep 2006, 13:07 (Ref:1702317)   #379
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was just finishing my first lap of Spa in GPL, and I got hit by a Brabham (driven by Brabham I presume) who sent my flying into the pits at a rapid rate of knots. Did I mention this was a practice session and everyone was un the pits? I saw more wheels flying than I thought belonged to cars!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 5 Sep 2006, 16:23 (Ref:1702457)   #380
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo
Amazing, I'm pretty sure I managed it all by myself. I did take someone out in that race at some point though...
Old 9 Sep 2006, 08:17 (Ref:1705720)   #381
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR2 this morning, running side by side witha ferrari down the pit straight at Catalunya, i get squeezed onto the grass, i slide, and having mouse steer is pretty hard to correct it, i spin the other way, then the other way again, until i'm sliding at about 60mph sideways across the racing line. Another car is flying down the straight very quickly, see's my car all over the shop, swerves to avoid me, but my car is already heading to where he was heading, we meet and theres 2 dead cars in the middle of the track. Bringing oout the safety car.
Old 9 Sep 2006, 08:37 (Ref:1705729)   #382
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've had quite a few biggies learning how to play GPL over the last couple of days. The first was at Abbey. I tried to take it flat out, but couldn't, hit the banking on the far side, and rolled over about 20 times. I've also had my head scraped along the barrier at Curva Grande, rolled out of the circuit at Watkins Glen, and caused loads of 2/3/4 car pile-ups
Old 9 Sep 2006, 08:44 (Ref:1705737)   #383
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GPL is the best game for realistic crashes for an open wheel race sim.
Old 10 Sep 2006, 09:21 (Ref:1706459)   #384
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm having problems with it... I drive full speed into a car now and I don't have any damage! Why? My damage is set on realistic, is there anything in the settings I should check?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 10 Sep 2006, 09:30 (Ref:1706471)   #385
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think it depends on which part of the car hits the other car. If it's the front, there's no damage. If your wheel hits it, it's probably going to come off

In the races, there is a different damage setting to training - you do know that, don't you? It says what it is for each next to the race distances

------------------

I had a huge crash at Monza yesterday. At Vialone, there's a barrier on the inside of the corner that comes closer to the track towards the exit. I hit it, went flying across the track, hit another wall/fence, rolled back across the track, hit another fence, rolled again, and eventually stopped, minus 3 wheels and with my engine on fire. At the same corner day before yesterday, I had previously hit Scarfiotti out of the track onto the junior circuit
Old 10 Sep 2006, 14:10 (Ref:1706820)   #386
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WOW, this threads getting OLD. In two months time it will be 1 year old!
Old 10 Sep 2006, 14:25 (Ref:1706855)   #387
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
I'm having problems with it... I drive full speed into a car now and I don't have any damage! Why? My damage is set on realistic, is there anything in the settings I should check?
Visually the damage in GPL isn't very good. The tub is indestructible (small shards may fly off, but that's it). However, even the slightest taps to the wheels will usually alter the tracking a little so that the handling goes off. You may also pick up punctures from contact, or lose complete wheels. The suspension can 'collapse' too which makes the car bottom out much more and become unstable.
Rarer are problems with the drivetrain which include overheating, over revving damage, loss of gears (<<very rare indeed, much more common for the AI) and complete engine blow ups.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 14:40 (Ref:1711865)   #388
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The internal damage souns good.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 15:21 (Ref:1711881)   #389
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
I have some real shockers from GPL, I'll YouTube 'em ASAP.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 15:39 (Ref:1711885)   #390
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo
There were quite a few big accidents in the TTFRL that I can recall. One at Eau Rouge where I got tangled up with a few other guys and someone (I think it was Spudgun) got somersaulted over the top of us. Then there was a big startline pile-up at Goodwood where only two cars (myself and one other) made it through unscathed. The rest got scattered left or right and then to top it off Fish_Flake did a Luciano Burti-esque flip over the back of someone's wreckage.

And a rather silly race at Solitude where we all drove the H16 BRM and nobody managed to get through the race without a monster accident involving trees and other obstacles around the circuit.
Ah, the memories. Makes me wish I didn't have a summer job last year.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 17:56 (Ref:1711944)   #391
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Just had 4 BIG crashes in Race Driver 2!!

Fist one from Bathurst in the Pacific series (the chamionship with the Skylines and the 3000GTs) Coming down towards the end of the conrod straight, got side ways after making contact with a car... Then bang!! A car launches over me, backfliping, I roll down the straight...

Second from Oulton Park Long in the Cupras, coming into that first chicane side by side with another car. I hit the kerbs, launched into the air and took out a few cars in that.

Bathurst as Ambrose. Coming down the conrod straight, made contact with another car, got side ways and blocked up the whole part of the track!!

Bathurst as Craig Lowndes, just entering the conrod straight, got a wheel on the grass just after the kink, slid to the other side of the track and hit the wall. The bit of grass was sloping so it made my car go upside down, I got hit, cartwheeled, got hit again, Rolled, Hit again, rolled and landed. All the other cars just missed me.
Old 19 Sep 2006, 22:38 (Ref:1714180)   #392
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To explain Hakkiman's post, that wasn't anything to do with an "unrealistic collision model", but the very nature of the tracks. No need for altered AI, was all done online with living drivers, er... I mean, pilots The top 2 are from one called Stuntrak (the GPLers will be familiar with it), where if you go anything over 80mph over the hump you're basically guaranteed to kill some birds mid-flight!

And the other is from a flatout 260mph fantasy oval called JGIR, with a rather nifty secret infield section. The 6 cars flying shot is where you hit a grass bank at +200mph and it sends you flying, and the second from a nasty little area in the barrier where you can get a whole heap of peeps piling in and creating all manner of "sculptures"!

So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 7 Oct 2006, 17:27 (Ref:1730838)   #393
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
CART Fury, two crashes:

Surfers Paradise, coming full speed through the final turn (the tracks are very dumbed down in the game) I notice Mark Blundell in midair, just one of many wrecks in that race, I had got through all the others, so I decided to try to drive under him.... nup... didnt work...

Road america, turn 5, I make contact with someone and backflip, then I land and the car erupts into fire..
Old 8 Oct 2006, 14:48 (Ref:1731963)   #394
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
GPL, old Spa, I spin. Stop on the side of the track. No harm done, turn it around, and off I go. The car starts veering left so I compensate, overcorrect, the car switches direction and goes straight into the left hand wall. Another spin. No problem. Until the luckless Chris Amon collects me at full speed!

Another Spa moment. Through Eau Rouge, Lap 1, I get punted onto the outside hill. The amount of flips, turns and barrel rolls I did would be worthy for a Gold Medal in the Olympic Gymnastics .
Old 8 Oct 2006, 17:39 (Ref:1732074)   #395
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Just had a few biig'yuns in Masters GP in Race Driver 2.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 22:48 (Ref:1734583)   #396
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I remember my F1 WGP on dreamcast.

monaco tunnel doing about 170/180 mph i was on inside braking as schu was on racing line. schu turned in as normal and i hit the back of his car what went side on into the concrete wall, it flew in the air hit the fence and went over in to monaco harbour!!
Old 11 Oct 2006, 14:14 (Ref:1735236)   #397
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1
Bathurst as Ambrose. Coming down the conrod straight, made contact with another car, got side ways and blocked up the whole part of the track!!

Bathurst as Craig Lowndes, just entering the conrod straight, got a wheel on the grass just after the kink, slid to the other side of the track and hit the wall. The bit of grass was sloping so it made my car go upside down, I got hit, cartwheeled, got hit again, Rolled, Hit again, rolled and landed. All the other cars just missed me.
Nicky why are you having huge wrecks when you are simply on a straight?
Old 11 Oct 2006, 16:18 (Ref:1735359)   #398
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
He's probably trying to do what yanks do in the films and move the wheel left to right when he drives on a straight lol!!
Old 11 Oct 2006, 17:43 (Ref:1735417)   #399
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
sorry, when Im bored I crash delibratley and try to make them 'accidental'
Old 12 Oct 2006, 06:39 (Ref:1735821)   #400
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've brushed off the Champ Car Challenge mod; not the biggest crash ever, but the worst feeling in the world is when Max Papis drifts down besides you, disrupts your airflow, forces you to the apron, and ultimately spins you out in the late stages of the California 500.