Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 31 Jan 2010, 21:46 (Ref:2623243)   #376
trebor901
Racer

trebor901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just managed to get hold of a 1996 Patrick Watts Peugeot 406 and it had only been listed for 1 minute, nice addition to my collection, should be ordering my Chevy Cruze model on tuesday when the chevroletsport store goes online
Old 3 Feb 2010, 18:33 (Ref:2625852)   #377
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Need your advice people! years ago, I had a collection of 1:43rds of cars I had worked on, either styling, or livery. When I moved to Canada, these went into storage and I've only just got them back...so I want to expand and bring up to date the list.

Firstly, does anyone know of a Civic Type R (I want to make an Arena one and a Hamilton one)

Secondaly, someone on here, and I cant remember who offered a Securicor Toyota Carina E to me a while back. If you still have it, drop me a line, I need that !

Lastly, I have a few models (the aforementioned Civics, 308, Focus) which I want to turn into race cars. First challenge is getting the bodywork right. Has anyone modified bodywork? added bumper extensions, splitters, rear spoilers. What would you recommend. I'm thinking start off with plastic card and build up from there? Any thoughts. What about rear wings?

Next liveries. I would need to make some of the liveries. Naturally I have vector art for the logos, but how do you guys go about getting these produced? Do you get them screenprinted on clear vinyl? That must be expensive? Thoughts, suggestions. In the past, I have painted them, but they look rubbish.

Any thoughts advice, greatly appreciated. Posted here as most of my needs are BTCC
Old 3 Feb 2010, 18:39 (Ref:2625857)   #378
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
I have a few models (the aforementioned Civics, 308, Focus) which I want to turn into race cars.
FOCUS????

Which one Andy?

Send me an e-mail and we can talk about the other bits...
Old 3 Feb 2010, 18:57 (Ref:2625865)   #379
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
3dr Minichamps facelift ST, so I can make the Arena car(s). Not idea but no 5dr will be made . Will drop you a email
Old 3 Feb 2010, 19:40 (Ref:2625887)   #380
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
3dr Minichamps facelift ST, so I can make the Arena car(s).
CHEAT!!!

How you going to do the paint fade? Paint it?
Old 3 Feb 2010, 22:09 (Ref:2625968)   #381
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
yeah. The corresponding fade for the stripe will be a challenge
Old 9 Feb 2010, 23:56 (Ref:2630291)   #382
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
I managed to get some drivers to sign a couple of my model collections recently...

Old 10 Feb 2010, 00:10 (Ref:2630297)   #383
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very nice looking models indeed!
Old 10 Feb 2010, 00:11 (Ref:2630299)   #384
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I imagine if you managed to get a few sets of them done you could make yourself a small fortune on ebay!
Old 14 Feb 2010, 17:08 (Ref:2633281)   #385
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btcckid View Post
what models might they be pds
Are those the new pictures you had added to your list?

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...albumview=grid
Old 15 Feb 2010, 11:41 (Ref:2633756)   #386
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
Give it time..
Old 15 Feb 2010, 15:51 (Ref:2633843)   #387
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDS View Post
I managed to get some drivers to sign a couple of my model collections recently...

Oh they are fantastic!!
Old 15 Feb 2010, 21:58 (Ref:2634037)   #388
Thommofan
Rookie

Thommofan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some real talents you've got there mate!
Old 31 Mar 2010, 22:01 (Ref:2664489)   #389
Thommofan
Rookie

Thommofan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So with Chevvy joining as a manufacturer does this mean we will get 2010 Cruzes of Plato and MacDowell?
Old 1 Apr 2010, 15:48 (Ref:2664903)   #390
daz90
Racer

England
England
daz90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would imagine Norev would be the manufacturer if anyone was to produce a Chevy model. There hasn't been a BTCC Chevy model at all yet, cant really see that changing either, not even for a new model.

I added the 1998 Peter Kox Honda Accord to my collection recently, been after that one for a long time now, so pretty chuffed to have finally got it. Getting very close to owning every Onyx made BTCC model now, think i just need 4 more, Morbidelli/Radermaker Volvo's, and a 1998 David Leslie, Nissan Primera.

Gonna have to find a new hobby after those

Last edited by daz90; 1 Apr 2010 at 15:53. Reason: Added more.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 17:12 (Ref:2664974)   #391
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
btcckid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by daz90 View Post
I would imagine Norev would be the manufacturer if anyone was to produce a Chevy model. There hasn't been a BTCC Chevy model at all yet, cant really see that changing either, not even for a new model.

I added the 1998 Peter Kox Honda Accord to my collection recently, been after that one for a long time now, so pretty chuffed to have finally got it. Getting very close to owning every Onyx made BTCC model now, think i just need 4 more, Morbidelli/Radermaker Volvo's, and a 1998 David Leslie, Nissan Primera.

Gonna have to find a new hobby after those
i was trying to bid on the 1998 nissans the other day which were poorly listed being a new seller on ebay but they went for £18 stupid....really gutted i wasnt in time for bidding.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2665051)   #392
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but there's another BSCC/BTCC Capri due out in 2010. http://www.corgi.co.uk/shop/596/ford...ds--motorsport
Picked mine up couple weeks ago, not a bad effort for run of the mill stuff? The livery is certainly right, even if the rest of the car is just a road spec diecast Capri. Shame the wheels and tyres are just road type ones as well, could've been really good with the interior out and some slicks on it. Decided to buy the '78 Spice car as well, thought, well why not!
Old 2 Apr 2010, 10:22 (Ref:2665331)   #393
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Picked up a 1/43 Giovanardi '07 Vectra recently, was going for a good price
Quite well put together

Those Capri's look great!
Old 6 Apr 2010, 14:00 (Ref:2667656)   #394
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Talking of Capri's I found an interesting Mk2 Faberge job on ebay. Seems a bit dear to me but if it's mint then....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LUSO-TOYS-FORD...item19b7766388
Old 7 Apr 2010, 11:26 (Ref:2668174)   #395
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
does anyone know how to put back together a vectra model back toas ive just recieved one that is sticking off the shell and not fully in place how it should be. ive had a quick glance but dont know what im doing so any ideas?
Old 7 Apr 2010, 11:31 (Ref:2668177)   #396
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Is it an Oxford diecast one or an Onyx? It should be fairly easy to put back together - just got to make sure that the interior is sitting correctly before attaching the floor. Do you have any photos of the problem?
Old 7 Apr 2010, 11:44 (Ref:2668182)   #397
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
its a onyx one, i can get some pictures on for you right now
Old 7 Apr 2010, 11:57 (Ref:2668193)   #398
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
http://i42.tinypic.com/28h2as8.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/11wa3xh.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/250nwpc.jpg

sorry for the crappy pictures firstly
from the picture it shows its not sitting down properly from how it should be(checked with another vectra model i have) but everytime i try to put it back into solid staying position, it just pops back out of place again if that makes sense?
Old 7 Apr 2010, 12:15 (Ref:2668200)   #399
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It seems to be a common problem for Onyx Vectras of that time. I've got a few and not one of them is perfect. Whether it's the underneath of the chassis sticking out or the wheels being at different cambers.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 12:18 (Ref:2668204)   #400
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I can't see the pics at the moment (restrictive firewall ) but it's worth checking the screw holding the bottom of the car on is the correct size and correctly located. Also as mentioned the fit of these cars does seem to vary wildly (I have several with some very odd camber angles!).