Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 Jun 2013, 16:47 (Ref:3261632)   #4101
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Will make a change from the gulf colour's, but from those shots it looks good
Old 12 Jun 2013, 16:50 (Ref:3261634)   #4102
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It will look even better covered in muck at midday on Sunday.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 04:14 (Ref:3261906)   #4103
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is awesome finally a change from the gulf blue, can't wait to see it take the track.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 09:29 (Ref:3262005)   #4104
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks good, at least it will be easy to distinguish this one from the other 4
Old 13 Jun 2013, 09:41 (Ref:3262013)   #4105
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
That is awesome finally a change from the gulf blue, can't wait to see it take the track.
Let's hope they won't forget to screw in the headlaps before it does
Old 13 Jun 2013, 19:10 (Ref:3262258)   #4106
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like the look of the art car, including what you can see on the guide picture being used on the hood. Nice to see the classic colours being used differently. On one hand I'm glad that we're back to only one team with them again, thank goodness. On the other, 5 identically liveried Vantages was a bit of overkill!
Old 23 Jun 2013, 14:20 (Ref:3268366)   #4107
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
As an Aston Martin fan I'm devastated and very worried. It started like a dream: 3 competitive Pro cars + 2 Am cars with 4 out of 5 driver squads worthy of the overall GT podium. The dream quickly turned into a nightmare: multiple mishaps and a tragedy that would overshadow even the greatest success.

How does one recover from something like this? Can you see them coming back in such numbers and such quality?
Old 23 Jun 2013, 14:53 (Ref:3268382)   #4108
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
As an Aston Martin fan I'm devastated and very worried. It started like a dream: 3 competitive Pro cars + 2 Am cars with 4 out of 5 driver squads worthy of the overall GT podium. The dream quickly turned into a nightmare: multiple mishaps and a tragedy that would overshadow even the greatest success.

How does one recover from something like this? Can you see them coming back in such numbers and such quality?
Not to mention the Corvette, SRT, and Ferrari teams were way down on pace this year for whatever reasons. I think this was their best chance to win this race
Old 23 Jun 2013, 17:07 (Ref:3268434)   #4109
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AMR complete disaster this weekend, they had terrible luck in what seemed the best way to celebrate their 100th anniversary with both GTE class wins.
A huge squad of 5 cars, with 3-4 of them being favourites for the class wins and of course podium finishes and some of the best and fastest drivers in their arsenal. Qualifying was great, and everyone thought it would be a boring cruise of the Astons to the finish.

Instead, just 4 laps into the race we have a fatal accident (RIP Simonsen ), then a car retiring due to a mechanical problem and yet another crash while leading GTE PRO. To complete this disastrous weekend, the #97 just screws up its strategy with less than an hour to the finish and looses a possibility to win the class or at least come in second.

A real shame

I'm not even sure Aston will be present like this year anymore next year. I even think the Danes car may not even race again this year due to their sad loss (they were a really great and fast trio).
Of course this is just personal opinion, but I'm already prepared for the worse

P.S AMR's 2013 effort again tell use that even if you bring 10 cars into the race and are the favourites to win by a long shot, you can still end up losing very badly at LM. Aston's case is one of the worst cases of unluckiness by a single team
Old 23 Jun 2013, 18:15 (Ref:3268479)   #4110
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RIP Simonsen...

Mr. David Richards, Aston Martin belong to GTE not to LMP, please forget impossible dreams and concentrate the resourses in GTE.

Well done to all the guys in Aston Martin, congratulations for the anniversary
Old 23 Jun 2013, 22:41 (Ref:3268659)   #4111
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't really think it's the time of place to speculate about AMR's plans from 2013 onwards, all I can say is that the 2013 edition of the 24 Hours of Le Mans will forever be overshadowed by the tragic and untimely death of Allan Simonsen (a cracking man I might add, I still owed him a pint, forever missed ).

Not a great outing for the outfit, best wishes and thoughts with all of the team and extended family, I really hope that this doesn't damped and vanquish what has been a great addition to the GTE and sports car scene. Allan wouldn't have wanted it.
Old 23 Jun 2013, 22:54 (Ref:3268673)   #4112
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I hope the AMR guys continue on and the Aston flag will be flying trackside here even if none are at PLM.
Old 23 Jun 2013, 23:29 (Ref:3268679)   #4113
zanfo zanfagni
Racer

zanfo zanfagni has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Will the #98 be used also in the remaining races?
Old 24 Jun 2013, 12:28 (Ref:3268833)   #4114
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, they announced that last week.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 17:07 (Ref:3269029)   #4115
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I hope the AMR guys continue on and the Aston flag will be flying trackside here even if none are at PLM.
I'm sure they will... Allan would have wanted that, and I'm sure people at AMR will be aware of that.

That being said, I'm assuming they'll retire the number 95 in his honor?
Old 24 Jun 2013, 17:09 (Ref:3269030)   #4116
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
That being said, I'm assuming they'll retire the number 95 in his honor?
Probably doesn't work like that, the #95 is entered as a full-season WEC entry. Although... it wouldn't surprise me to see the car absent from Interlagos.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 17:31 (Ref:3269040)   #4117
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't really criticise anything AMR did this weekend, I really wouldn't imagine their minds were entirely focused on the race after Saturday morning. Merely finishing with that in the back of the mind was an achievement, and to come so close to victory, with a podium was excellent.

As for the future, I can't imagine next year is on their mind right now. However in my view they will be there, it's what they do and to pull out would not be the right way to remember Allan.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 18:02 (Ref:3269052)   #4118
zanfo zanfagni
Racer

#95 is the young drivers vantage, #96 is the delaney one. Their presence depends if AMR wants to keep on financing and supporting these teams. The #95 one has been the most competitive gt-am car so far, hope they will keep on running and win the gt-am trophy.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 19:37 (Ref:3269098)   #4119
Mac K
Rookie

Canada
Ontario,Canada
Mac K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanfo zanfagni View Post
#95 is the young drivers vantage, #96 is the delaney one. Their presence depends if AMR wants to keep on financing and supporting these teams. The #95 one has been the most competitive gt-am car so far, hope they will keep on running and win the gt-am trophy.
Maybe call the GTE-AM "trophy" the "Allan Simonsen Memorial Trophy" or something along those lines.. or is that to much and not very respectful?
Old 24 Jun 2013, 19:44 (Ref:3269108)   #4120
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac K View Post
Maybe call the GTE-AM "trophy" the "Allan Simonsen Memorial Trophy" or something along those lines.. or is that to much and not very respectful?
Probably too much tbh. A more tasteful tribute would be having the cars carry a remembrance message for the rest of the season, but I'm sure the team will do the right thing on this.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 20:10 (Ref:3269120)   #4121
zanfo zanfagni
Racer

in my opinion the best tribute would be the installation of tyrewall in fast and dangerous spots of la sarthe track. Tetre rouge, all the mulsanne straight long, the straight between mulsanne corner and indianapolis, some fast exit corner of porsche sector.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 20:14 (Ref:3269125)   #4122
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
in my opinion the best tribute would be the installation of tyrewall in fast and dangerous spots of la sarthe track. Tetre rouge, all the mulsanne straight long, the straight between mulsanne corner and indianapolis, some fast exit corner of porsche sector.
Tire walls on a straight is the worst idea possible, because cars tend to glance the barrier on a straight instead of hitting it head-on. If a car glances a tire wall, it dislodges the tires and spreads them all over the track while coming to a crashing halt and throwing tires in front of the chasing cars. What they need in such places is either more space between the armco and the trees... or SAFER barrier.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 20:14 (Ref:3269126)   #4123
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Stefvh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like the Williams in F1 still carry the "S" for Senna.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 20:43 (Ref:3269140)   #4124
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
As Victor said a tyre barrier on a straight is more dangerous than the current barriers. Tyres are round, they don't sit together nice and straight and are high friction, if a car glances it at the wrong angle it will drag it into the wall and cause a crash.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 20:48 (Ref:3269145)   #4125
Babapapa
Racer

Germany
Gelsenkirchen
Babapapa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBabapapa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aston Martin's appearance in Le Mans was a pure disgrace in my opinion.

No black ribbon, no flowers before the No.95-box. Just a closed garage.

Not sensitive in my opinion. OK, they got contracts for the whole race and so the made their statement, that they continue in honour of Allan.

But better than Audi. Two retweets from Jamie Green and Filipe Alberquerque and no time for own words during the race!

f.o.!