Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 19 Oct 2013, 21:43 (Ref:3320090)   #4101
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBloodmuffins View Post
News just in!

Pickett is looking at both a p2 and a GTLM car
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/ex...ng-gt-program/
My guess is an SLS or Bentley for GT-LM. If he's talking a GT3 car. To my knowledge Aston Martin is ruled out since they have a GTD car?
Old 19 Oct 2013, 22:33 (Ref:3320117)   #4102
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I'm pretty sure that the Bentley and the Merc are our of the picture as GT3 cars currently aren't allowed in GTE/GTLM. Some new manufacture will have a GTE/GTLM program, so who's been rumored to be looking into such a program? It's believed to be someone new to the LMGT game, after all, and I don't remember Bentley or M-B looking at such a program.
Old 19 Oct 2013, 22:39 (Ref:3320121)   #4103
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
USCC was conceived in the mind of an ALMS fan.
That's probably why the acronym only lasted a few months.
Old 19 Oct 2013, 23:05 (Ref:3320136)   #4104
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
White smoke rises and a voice declares: "habemus regulations"

http://www.racer.com/2014-tudor-unit...rticle/317060/
Old 19 Oct 2013, 23:39 (Ref:3320145)   #4105
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice! Finally something to grab on to.
Old 19 Oct 2013, 23:40 (Ref:3320146)   #4106
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ncrdbl1 has already had his Grand-Am biased whinge.
Old 19 Oct 2013, 23:51 (Ref:3320153)   #4107
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Weight min for P2 is 960k!

They was already too heavy at 900kg,the ARX-03 was designed to weigh in the 825-850kg range.

More stress on the suspension parts!!!!

It's going to be funny watching the GT passing the P2 at some tracks and winning overall.
Old 19 Oct 2013, 23:53 (Ref:3320155)   #4108
jeast
Racer

jeast User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
White smoke rises and a voice declares: "habemus regulations"

Le Mans aero for two tracks that's so random what a joke and higher weight why? I guess it could be worse.
Old 19 Oct 2013, 23:54 (Ref:3320156)   #4109
EricS
Racer

United States
Austin, TX
EricS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
Weight min for P2 is 960k!
I think this is what Hindy was hinting at saying that even though P2 keeps their Le Mans spec, they will be quite significantly different/slower.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 00:03 (Ref:3320160)   #4110
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thoughts:
- I like how they open up many areas on the DPs, though I suspect DP owners won't.
- Cost-wise, going with a proven P2 seems to be the more sensible option. Good.
- Seems like weight is going to be the primary lever for adjustments during the season. Easy to do, but I'm not sure how the P2s will like the extra load.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 00:17 (Ref:3320161)   #4111
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not going to complain about the p2 weight or aero that's much better than what I feared.im excited with the dp changes,aero,open brakes,open wheels,suspension, differentials,and clutches.hopefully they open up their silly engine rules.the price tag is interesting will teams go for a p2 will it be to much for some and just drop out? I mainly have spirit of daytona and shank racing in mind will they be able to afford two cars? Also what about 8 star and starworks with their two cars and the recent news of the freeze on Venezuelan money.even if we get 1 or no p2s I hope the changes stay fort he dps.i also hope they don't even think about touching GTLM's.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 00:20 (Ref:3320164)   #4112
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Ncrdbl1 has already had his Grand-Am biased whinge.
He's losing his *poop* and it's hilarious. I'm sure he'll be on here soon with his TT account doing the same.

I'm glad to see common sense prevailed and they are making the slow cars spend money to speed up to acceptable levels instead making fast cars spend money to go slower.

Now they HAVE to slow down LMPC, though. They essentially added a co-pilot to the P2 cars with a 132 lb weight gain. Will be interesting to see how far up the field the GTE cars can get at Long Beach.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 01:59 (Ref:3320253)   #4113
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
He's losing his *poop* and it's hilarious. I'm sure he'll be on here soon with his TT account doing the same.
You should see his comments on the Racer Magazine article for the new 2014 Regulations, just the same regurgitated silliness that he has been posting since the start of this year. Just plain silliness I tell ya'!

Old 20 Oct 2013, 04:10 (Ref:3320324)   #4114
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think in the past couple races the ALMS is experimenting with something that TUSC will do I think. That is the split starts just like GA did. In this case I predict you will have one start with LMP2/DP/LMPC/GTLM together and the second group further back will be GTD taking there own green flag about 15-20 seconds later.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 04:12 (Ref:3320327)   #4115
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the starts were to be split, they would separate prototypes and GTs, i.e. P/PC from GTLM/GTD
Old 20 Oct 2013, 04:16 (Ref:3320330)   #4116
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
If the starts were to be split, they would separate prototypes and GTs, i.e. P/PC from GTLM/GTD
I disagree, GTLM is a headline class. And not to be pushed back like that. I think what you see in ALMS at VIR and Petit is an indicator of that.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 04:51 (Ref:3320346)   #4117
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
I disagree, GTLM is a headline class. And not to be pushed back like that. I think what you see in ALMS at VIR and Petit is an indicator of that.
It will be a headline class at ViR... but that is the only place it will have ever been the headline category.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 06:41 (Ref:3320375)   #4118
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
I disagree, GTLM is a headline class.
A headline class does not have its polesitter starting 14th (behind three other classes) and have its winner finish 8th (again, behind three other classes).

Add the DP field and GTLM winners will start finishing around 15th in races next year.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 15:22 (Ref:3320556)   #4119
Ken_T
Rookie

United States
Texas
Ken_T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At 960 kg, Tony Stewart and AJ Foyt can race a P2 as a pair and still need ballast.

They can even bring back the old race mechanics sits in the second seat rule.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 15:59 (Ref:3320564)   #4120
fanta4
Racer

United States
AKA fanta
fanta4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Filed under Interesting Trivia—I met the guy who thought up the name for the series at Turn Six right before night practice. He said he didn’t care what they called the series so long as they got rid of the “Dumb Prototypes.”

USCC was conceived in the mind of an ALMS fan.
I think you mean USCR was conceived in the mind of an ALMS fan.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 17:09 (Ref:3320599)   #4121
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, really I don't want to think about the kind of minds which decided ALMS needed a dose of Rolex but ... I thought it was funny that the guy who coined USCR called DPs "Dumb Prototypes" and wanted the series to get rid of them ASAP.

Nothing deep in my post but the farm animal end product, folks ... move along and step carefully.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 17:18 (Ref:3320604)   #4122
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
For those who say that this shafts DP teams, maybe you can say that Jim France signed a deal with the devil when he signed a deal with the ACO and the FIA and vowed that only minimal changes will be made to the ACO/FIA derived classes.

You can say what you want about Brian France and NASCAR, but it seems clear that in sportscar racing, uncle Jim knows where the power lies, and he's a businessman who, none the less, cares about sportscar racing, and he wants TUSCC to be a world player.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 17:31 (Ref:3320611)   #4123
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
For those who say that this shafts DP teams, maybe you can say that Jim France signed a deal with the devil when he signed a deal with the ACO and the FIA and vowed that only minimal changes will be made to the ACO/FIA derived classes.

You can say what you want about Brian France and NASCAR, but it seems clear that in sportscar racing, uncle Jim knows where the power lies, and he's a businessman who, none the less, cares about sportscar racing, and he wants TUSCC to be a world player.
The party line elsewhere is that Ol' Jim is just an ACO puppet. It is to laugh.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 17:47 (Ref:3320621)   #4124
fanta4
Racer

United States
AKA fanta
fanta4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well, really I don't want to think about the kind of minds which decided ALMS needed a dose of Rolex but ... I thought it was funny that the guy who coined USCR called DPs "Dumb Prototypes" and wanted the series to get rid of them ASAP.

Nothing deep in my post but the farm animal end product, folks ... move along and step carefully.
Understood. My post was more along the lines of the series being very proud that a fan named it, only to go ahead and change it twice with little to no announcement, as if it never happened.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 18:19 (Ref:3320634)   #4125
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Jim's no puppet, but he knows why GA failed, why the ALMS failed, and what advantages he can gain by keeping a link to Le Mans. That was his motivation for this whole mess it seems, to have the ear of the FIA and the ACO and gain influence. Nothing more, nothing less.
Closed Thread