Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 11 Oct 2013, 02:27 (Ref:3316099)   #4151
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing them back in the british racing green color!
That would be cool!
Old 13 Nov 2013, 18:45 (Ref:3330948)   #4152
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interview with John Gaw: https://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=17972

Plans for 2014
- Fia WEC
--- 1st Pro-car: 99%
--- 2nd Pro-car: 80%
--- 1st Pro-Am car: 90%
--- 2nd Pro-Am car: 70%
--- 3rd Pro-Am car: 50:50 (probably the Dalla Lana entry)
--- Customer car: 50:50

- ELMS: No customer interest.

- TUSCC:
--- No customer cars in TUSCC
--- Likely to have one factory car at Sebring, hopefully one at Daytona

GT3:
- New GT3 cars ordered for 2014 season
- Bigger factory GT3 programm
--- Spa 24h: 2 factory cars + 2 customer cars run by AMR
--- Nurburgring 24h: 2 cars aswell
--- Dubai 24h: 1 Pro and 1 Pro-am by Craft Racing
- Possible two car effort in AsLMS by Craft Racing
--- And one in Super GT
Old 13 Nov 2013, 23:30 (Ref:3331054)   #4153
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Some really interesting info in that interview. They feel they found 2 seconds per lap on the 2013 car from last year before the performance breaks were cut back. Thats a huge jump. Also info about the future GT cars.
Old 15 Nov 2013, 16:43 (Ref:3331803)   #4154
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing them back in the british racing green color!
<- obviously neither would I.
Old 15 Nov 2013, 18:06 (Ref:3331836)   #4155
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Wonder where the TRG/AMR program fits into this? They are running GTD so maybe it falls under the GT3 category in his statement but no mention of just that no cars in TUSCC ?
Old 15 Nov 2013, 18:46 (Ref:3331854)   #4156
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pederb View Post
Wonder where the TRG/AMR program fits into this? They are running GTD so maybe it falls under the GT3 category in his statement but no mention of just that no cars in TUSCC ?
I was wondering the same thing. Maybe an Aston in GTD isn't a done deal after all?
Old 16 Nov 2013, 02:48 (Ref:3332031)   #4157
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
John Gaw
"It’s difficult with GT Le Mans but in GT Daytona I think we’ll have two cars with TRG then we have cars in the Conti Series and we’ve just announced the one make challenge too, that’s all coming together nicely."
So TRG is going to be alright.
Old 16 Nov 2013, 18:41 (Ref:3332225)   #4158
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I was wondering the same thing. Maybe an Aston in GTD isn't a done deal after all?
I think we'll see at least one TRG GTD Aston.
(Maybe just wishful thinking.)
Old 11 Dec 2013, 16:35 (Ref:3342754)   #4159
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some nice numbers from AMR about 2013, from the Prodrive facebook page.

Did you know that our Aston Martin racing cars have made exactly 500 race starts so far this year (there may be a couple more before the year is out). All the facts are here:

Aston Martin a year in numbers:

So far in 2013 Aston Martin racing cars made exactly 500 race starts in national and international sports car series across the world.

• 310 starts were in the Vantage GT4
• 130 starts were in the Vantage GT3
• 38 starts were in the Vantage GTE
• 21 were in the DBRS9
• 1 was in the Zagato

The works and customer teams won 79 races
• The Vantage GT4 won 38 races
• The Vantage GT3 won 31 races
• The Vantage GTE won 9 races
• The DBRS9 won 1 race

There were a further 108 podiums (56 seconds and 52 thirds)

Andrew Howard won the British GT Championship in the Beechdean Vantage GT3, the first title for the car.

World Endurance Championship:

• GTE Pro: won four of eight races and five further podiums
• GTE Am: won five of eight races and four further podiums
• We won the GTE Am drivers’ title
• We were second in the GT Manufacturers’ championship
• We were second in both the GTE Pro & Am Teams’ championships
• We were third in the GT drivers’ championship

By the end of 2013 we had built nearly 180 Aston Martin racing cars in ten years, since the first DBR9 in 2004.
Old 12 Dec 2013, 20:22 (Ref:3343298)   #4160
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
The best Stat this year regarding Aston Martin? I'm now working there. NOT at AMR, but AML, in Gaydon.
This is a MOST significant fact for me, of course.
But that is some set of figures, even with the Aston Challenge series in teh UK.
Old 13 Dec 2013, 00:28 (Ref:3343416)   #4161
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
The best Stat this year regarding Aston Martin? I'm now working there. NOT at AMR, but AML, in Gaydon.
But that is some set of figures, even with the Aston Challenge series in teh UK.
Congratulations!
Old 16 Dec 2013, 17:48 (Ref:3344661)   #4162
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well done Tim. Congratulations.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 02:15 (Ref:3344830)   #4163
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Quote:
But that is some set of figures, even with the Aston Challenge series in the UK.
Sounds like a cool job!
Old 19 Dec 2013, 01:48 (Ref:3345745)   #4164
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
From my seat in the office, I have a DB2/4 ( OXO13) through to Bond's Vanquish. 50 feet away they make DB9/Vantage/Vanquish.
I can only say I've had worse jobs!
Spent today checking out the inner wings, to determine how to service the thing. It's a bit of a different mindset to Transit vans, which were the last Parts Catalogues I wrote!
Old 17 Jan 2014, 22:39 (Ref:3355423)   #4165
otisdog
Rookie

United States
Camano island, Washington
otisdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Today as I was heading up to northern California on Highway 99 between Fresno and Bakersfield I saw 3 matte black "Aston Martin Racing Team" semis heading south. All had the DB9 (?) logo on the side. Where would these things be coming from and/or going to? If they were testing (and I have no idea what they would be testing...) at Sears Point or Laguna, they'd be coming down 101, or maybe 5, but 99? Any ideas?
Old 17 Jan 2014, 22:53 (Ref:3355433)   #4166
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Racer's Group is based in Petaluma?
Old 17 Jan 2014, 23:19 (Ref:3355443)   #4167
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaro Zukovsky View Post
The Racer's Group is based in Petaluma?
Yes
Old 15 Feb 2014, 10:44 (Ref:3368697)   #4168
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Hmm, so unless entries get pulled, Aston are needing to find 9 Pro drivers for the GTEP class at Least Mans. Any suggestions?

Stanaway is listed in the 'am' car, Rob Bell is at SRT, Mako will likely be at Porsche.

So they have Senna, Turner and Mucke listed in different cars. Guys they could be likely to use would be Jonny Adam and Peter Dumbreck, maybe Pedro Lamy, but that still leaves them needing to find several drivers just for the Pro cars and that's without a couple being added to the Dalla Lana entry (assuming the Danish car is Thiim or Nygaard).

So could be quite a recruitment drive needed, but which experienced GT drivers will be available? I'm guessing someone will be on the phone to BMW asking if they'd mind sparing a couple of guys, could be a good chance for a Priaulx or Auberlain? Maybe Guy Smith or one of Bentley's lot? I'd guess Mercedes and Audi will be less willing to let their contracted drivers out. Maybe Lucas Luhr is a free agent again, but I can't imagine he will be for long.

Just rambling......
Old 15 Feb 2014, 12:53 (Ref:3368727)   #4169
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rambling is good.

Aston are going to have to get creative at every WEC round and I think we'll see a lot of switching - as we did last year.

I think if you add David Heinemeier Hansson to the #95 then that fills the Danish car (Poulsen/Nygaard).

I'm wondering whether Nicki Thiim steps into a pro car? Not sure what Jonny Adam's pace is relative to the top guys? Maybe he does too?

A bit of a speculative guess is that Stanaway is a place-holder for the #96 - which could essentially become a Gulf Racing UK car with Goethe/Hall/??

Stanaway would move up into one of the pro cars for the WEC/LM because he was lightning last year.

It looks like they've just spread their known drivers across the entries and it's all subject to change. They just need to put a name against a car. I wouldn't rule out Turner and Mucke driving together this year.
Old 15 Feb 2014, 13:19 (Ref:3368735)   #4170
carabus
Rookie

Czech Republic
Praha, CZ
carabus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tomas Enge already allowed to racing :-)
Old 15 Feb 2014, 14:02 (Ref:3368744)   #4171
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jonny Adam is interesting piece of the jigsaw as he is ranked Silver last time I checked.
Old 15 Feb 2014, 14:17 (Ref:3368748)   #4172
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaro Zukovsky View Post
Jonny Adam is interesting piece of the jigsaw as he is ranked Silver last time I checked.
Yep he's rated silver for 2014. It's a really good point as a guy like that who's slipped through the cracks categorisation-wise is massively useful for Aston in the Am class.

Maybe he's a guy for the #98 then season-long? Unless Dalla Lana wants to bring in his own guys.
Old 15 Feb 2014, 15:24 (Ref:3368766)   #4173
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
I thought silver was a rubbish rating for GT Am? Or does it require 1 bronze, 1 bronze/silver and 1 anything? In which case agreed.

Stanaway as a named driver in an Am car surprised me too, I expected him to either be in the Dalla Lana car or a pro machine and, same as you, I had that car down as a Roald Goethe car for him, Hall and JCW or Mike Wainwright.
Old 15 Feb 2014, 16:54 (Ref:3368789)   #4174
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Or does it require 1 bronze, 1 bronze/silver and 1 anything? In which case agreed.
Yep that's how understand it.

So a rapid silver driver is still the holy grail for GT-Am.
Old 16 Feb 2014, 04:54 (Ref:3368951)   #4175
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carabus View Post
Tomas Enge already allowed to racing :-)
Would be good to see him back in an Aston. He hasn't raced for a while so would be interesting to see how sharp he is