Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 30 Jan 2011, 09:45 (Ref:2822613)   #401
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't have Eurosport but found it FOC at Justin.tv. I think I supplied Ross with his first kart suit as a cadet, makes us all old I suppose.

@Al W - caught some footage of a modern Camaro duffing up a couple of Porsches, you'd have enjoyed that!
Old 30 Jan 2011, 10:26 (Ref:2822621)   #402
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
by duffing do you mean woeful understeer and taking them out?

Tennis, who cares for the whingeing sweaty!, crickets very poor, watching the FA cup highlights and looking forward to the 5th round draw, hopefully the Seagulls will get a decent match, at home, be nice to see Crawley get to take on some primadonas too, preferably at the Broadfield, they won't like it one bit.
Old 30 Jan 2011, 10:38 (Ref:2822627)   #403
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
by duffing do you mean woeful understeer and taking them out?

hopefully the Seagulls will get a decent match.

Seagulls playing footy- what next?

Hang on, I support the Canaries

Those 'DP' cars at Daytona aren't pretty but the race seems to attract a good driver line up.
Old 30 Jan 2011, 10:47 (Ref:2822630)   #404
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
That's what happens when you buy healthy food.

Hey Mike, from my observations most people that use health food shops look like walking death !
At the moment I am in the attic while the other half is watching a tennis match between a couple of Scots. I think they are as one is called Jock oVitch !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 Jan 2011, 10:57 (Ref:2822633)   #405
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Hey Mike, from my observations most people that use health food shops look like walking death !
At the moment I am in the attic while the other half is watching a tennis match between a couple of Scots. I think they are as one is called Jock oVitch !

If the yogurt was Sainsbury's own can't have been that healthy..........
Old 30 Jan 2011, 11:23 (Ref:2822643)   #406
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Hammered in cricket,being hammered in Tennis.

Back to normal days for British Sports Fans
Old 30 Jan 2011, 11:41 (Ref:2822649)   #407
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Hammered in cricket,being hammered in Tennis.

Back to normal days for British Sports Fans
Well we should be used to it by now......

Murray will revert to being called Scottish rather than British if he loses!
Old 30 Jan 2011, 12:17 (Ref:2822668)   #408
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Gordon, I don't think that he is Scottish. I think that he is related to the Serb footballer Slobodan Micocubic.
Old 30 Jan 2011, 14:19 (Ref:2822713)   #409
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Well we should be used to it by now......

Murray will revert to being called Scottish rather than British if he loses!

I think what you mean is, 'the Press' will refer to him as Scottish rather than British, now?
Old 30 Jan 2011, 16:53 (Ref:2822784)   #410
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD View Post
I think what you mean is, 'the Press' will refer to him as Scottish rather than British, now?
Did he lose then?

Not heard a thing as have had phone on shuffle all day listening to some 'bangin' toons' or for a change the peace of a quiet sunday in middle of nowhere called home.........

Daytona looks good though- the Norfolk boy up to third!
Old 30 Jan 2011, 17:21 (Ref:2822804)   #411
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Hey Mike just returned from Devon.Comming back up the M4 I passed that massive truck that transports yachts.You know the one that was in Lagos.
Old 30 Jan 2011, 17:27 (Ref:2822810)   #412
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
FYI The gentleman driver in Ross Kaisor's team crashed car.C'est La Vie.Wonder how much he had to pay for the drive.
Old 30 Jan 2011, 17:37 (Ref:2822819)   #413
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Hey Mike just returned from Devon.Comming back up the M4 I passed that massive truck that transports yachts.You know the one that was in Lagos.
I do remember Iain - was it empty or have one on the back?

Sorry to hear why Ross 's car retired. Can't trust these gentleman drivers

Just had a quick look at timing- 4 cars on same lap after 21 hours!
Old 30 Jan 2011, 22:38 (Ref:2822953)   #414
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Clarkson slagged the new Camaro in the Italian Job video but they come from the factory built for comfort, I bet a few suttle mods like uprated springs and shockers they would be a very potent race car with IRS and 6.2 all alloy LS7 V8.
Old 31 Jan 2011, 08:32 (Ref:2823054)   #415
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Had a great evening at the CTCRC awards do on Saturday night and picked up a couple of awesome glass trophies. They were laser engraved and had a CTCRC badge somehow etched deep inside the glass, I dunno how they do that must be laser I would have thought but damned impressive.
Old 31 Jan 2011, 08:36 (Ref:2823057)   #416
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Click image for larger version

Name:	Grand dad. steam train.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	536.8 KB
ID:	31007 Sorting out my Dad's room yesterday as we are moving him closer to me and my brother next week. Came across this photo of my Grand Dad. He was'nt a racing driver but the next best thing. A STEAM ENGINE DRIVER..He is in the cab on the left.I can just about remember being taking on the train as he was shunting her up the track.That would of been in the late 50's. Happy days.
Old 31 Jan 2011, 08:59 (Ref:2823064)   #417
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
[Anorak]That looks to me like a Class 46 0-4-4T[/anorak]
Old 31 Jan 2011, 09:01 (Ref:2823065)   #418
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
well I have a sick compressor in the workshop, and a sick boy on the sofa so today I will be mostly doing books and boring type stuff.

got half a dozen songs to learn bass lines for and then perhaps round off with a few laps in the freshly restored scalextric Cortina . . . and the Galaxy that someone rolled, smashed into the piano and broke the roof!
Attached Thumbnails
cortina slotcar.jpg  
Old 31 Jan 2011, 14:19 (Ref:2823232)   #419
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zef, we're after your winger, any chance we'll get him? I'm a Canary like Mike, but used to live in Broadfield. Small world eh!!
Old 31 Jan 2011, 15:12 (Ref:2823263)   #420
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Just emerged from the hell that is VAT returns and self-assessment tax returns........rather proud that I got them submitted a day before the deadline...most unusual for me......

The bad news is it brings home how little business there has been lately.....
Old 31 Jan 2011, 16:15 (Ref:2823293)   #421
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Well I would like you all to sit down. Wait for it!!!!!!!!!. I made a profit last year. Dont know where it has gone but thats a first for me in 21 years..
Old 31 Jan 2011, 16:31 (Ref:2823302)   #422
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Rear View Post
Zef, we're after your winger, any chance we'll get him? I'm a Canary like Mike, but used to live in Broadfield. Small world eh!!
I sincerely hope not, I don't think we need to sell, Gus wants to keep players (unless he gets silly money, it is a business I guess) and grow the team ready for the new stadium and the championship

more to the point, we'll be taking 6 points off you next season and it wouldn't be fair to the lad
Old 31 Jan 2011, 16:32 (Ref:2823303)   #423
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Well I would like you all to sit down. Wait for it!!!!!!!!!. I made a profit last year. Dont know where it has gone but thats a first for me in 21 years..
profit, whats that?
Old 31 Jan 2011, 17:32 (Ref:2823344)   #424
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Don't say that. Compte will want a refund
Old 31 Jan 2011, 18:13 (Ref:2823371)   #425
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Attachment 31007 Sorting out my Dad's room yesterday as we are moving him closer to me and my brother next week. Came across this photo of my Grand Dad. He was'nt a racing driver but the next best thing. A STEAM ENGINE DRIVER..He is in the cab on the left.I can just about remember being taking on the train as he was shunting her up the track.That would of been in the late 50's. Happy days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
[Anorak]That looks to me like a Class 46 0-4-4T[/anorak]
I've cheated and asked my brother who is a steam gricer. It's an Adams Class 02 tank engine. Iain I assume that picture was taken pre war as it's in London South Western Railway livery.

Closed Thread