Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Apr 2010, 10:11 (Ref:2667008)   #401
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nooooooo I so much wanted to see the nice japanese coupé back after the 2008 promising edition !!!
Old 5 Apr 2010, 10:17 (Ref:2667012)   #402
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Yeah, it's a real shame.

One thing it does, though, is move the KSM Lola closer to an entry... (after what they did last year, they deserve to come back to finish the damn race, at least in my opinion).
Old 5 Apr 2010, 10:49 (Ref:2667031)   #403
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gutted!

Dome's non-participation last year, from what I heard, had much to do with Dome's financial demands for leasing the car.

Well, looks like we get to see the return of Norma to Le Mans, which will be interesting.
Old 5 Apr 2010, 14:48 (Ref:2667118)   #404
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We need Racing for Holland back - Jan, where are you?
Old 5 Apr 2010, 15:02 (Ref:2667130)   #405
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
We need Racing for Holland back - Jan, where are you?
Jan is busy being a teamboss in Superleague Formula for PSV Eindhoven with Narain Kartikeyan as driver.
Would love to see him back in Le Mans but thougt he said that book was closed.
Old 5 Apr 2010, 15:07 (Ref:2667137)   #406
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Gutted!

was looking forward to seeing it again . Still ..... get to see the Norma .
Old 5 Apr 2010, 19:25 (Ref:2667257)   #407
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Really disappointed at not seeing the Dome again..........
Old 5 Apr 2010, 19:36 (Ref:2667270)   #408
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Toyota should give Dome the funds that Stefan GP got, and lease them their european facilities, so we can see that beautiful car running again!
Old 5 Apr 2010, 22:04 (Ref:2667360)   #409
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
According to the statement by Dome,
Dome and OAK could not close a formal contract.
Dome had submitted the entry application only by the tentative agreement.
They couldn't become final mutual agreements about the selection of the tire (Michelin or Dunlop) and driver(pay driver or not) and share of expenses.
Minoru Hayashi might not like European negotiation style.
Old 6 Apr 2010, 18:49 (Ref:2667834)   #410
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is the Dome withdrawal absolutely definite? But not yet public? I only ask as there's nothing on the ACO site yet - the Dome still features in the entry list, or more significantly, on DSC.....
Old 6 Apr 2010, 20:00 (Ref:2667864)   #411
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Is the Dome withdrawal absolutely definite? But not yet public? I only ask as there's nothing on the ACO site yet - the Dome still features in the entry list, or more significantly, on DSC.....
Well, it's the week after Easter, so it is possible that it will take a few more days until the ACO takes official notice of the withdrawal.
Old 6 Apr 2010, 21:15 (Ref:2667922)   #412
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, I'd expect that - but DSC? Where are you when we need you Graham.....?
Old 7 Apr 2010, 02:46 (Ref:2668029)   #413
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Off with the bunnies no doubt !!!
Old 7 Apr 2010, 06:49 (Ref:2668056)   #414
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It is on Endurance Info - which is pretty reliable. DSC seems pretty slow with news these days - which is a shame.

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-3997.html
Old 7 Apr 2010, 07:00 (Ref:2668062)   #415
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Also, if a recent edit on Wiki's version of the entry list is to be believed, the Tokai University Courage/Oreca-YGK has been quietly withdrawn from the reserve list. (So if another LMP withdraws, the KSM Lola is in!)

Any confirmation of that?
Old 7 Apr 2010, 07:04 (Ref:2668065)   #416
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
DSC is slow with news today and for the last couple of days because of server problems - "pretty slow with news these days" is somewhat harsh though Mal.

On the issue in hand the Dome is clearly gone - It's not unusual for entry withdrawals to be confirmed a day or two after news gets out - The ACO completely understandably want to ensure that the decision is final AND that they won't be announcing a replacement that is about to withdraw too!

Oh and yes to the Tokai withdrawal (and Kaneko) too from the reserves
Old 7 Apr 2010, 07:07 (Ref:2668068)   #417
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
So it's basically a mass Japanese withdrawal from LMP. What a shame. Which once again leaves as the only Japanese entry...

...JLOC.

Last edited by Victor_RO; 7 Apr 2010 at 07:17.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 07:18 (Ref:2668076)   #418
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Pity about the Dome but withdrawls have been few this year so the ACO are getting better at picking genuine enterants this year rather than just dreamers.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 09:07 (Ref:2668115)   #419
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
DSC is slow with news today and for the last couple of days because of server problems - "pretty slow with news these days" is somewhat harsh though Mal.
Thanks for the response Graham. I wont comment further on here as it is unfair and inappropriate. I may email you at some stage if that's OK.

I would say that I am a supporter of what you do and have subscribed to your site for several years.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 12:01 (Ref:2668194)   #420
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Pity about the Dome but withdrawls have been few this year so the ACO are getting better at picking genuine enterants this year rather than just dreamers.
I was beginning to wonder if there would be any withdrawals at all, the list did seem to be full of proper teams, must be the economic situation keeping the dreamers away!
Old 7 Apr 2010, 17:29 (Ref:2668356)   #421
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
So it's basically a mass Japanese withdrawal from LMP. What a shame. Which once again leaves as the only Japanese entry...

...JLOC.
Maybe not . I can see the Norma , Pegasus racing pulling their entry . Its just not ready yet , it hasnt tested , and to expect a new car to perform at a track like Le Mans is asking a a bit much quite frankly .

Next on the entry is a Japanese team , Tokai University followed by KSM .

Wouldnt surprise me to see KSM in at the end of the day .
Old 7 Apr 2010, 17:35 (Ref:2668363)   #422
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Next on the entry is a Japanese team , Tokai University followed by KSM .
Tokai has pulled its car from the reserve list. If anyone withdraws from the LMP ranks, KSM is in. Check Graham Goodwin's post on the previous page just above my post which you quoted...
Old 7 Apr 2010, 18:10 (Ref:2668376)   #423
The Badger
Veteran

KSM I would be pleased to see . Wonder can they wreck on the same corner as the past 2 years .....

Gotta be some sort of prize for a hatrick !!!!

I wouldnt expect any more from Pegasus with a Norma M200 than I do from JLOC , no disrespect to Pegasus or Norma ..... but its all way too new , testing , to new in my opinion .
Old 8 Apr 2010, 10:32 (Ref:2668733)   #424
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

I wouldnt expect any more from Pegasus with a Norma M200 than I do from JLOC , no disrespect to Pegasus or Norma ..... but its all way too new , testing , to new in my opinion .

At the risk of picking at the same old wound (I never give up....) I know which I'd prefer to see....
Old 8 Apr 2010, 10:48 (Ref:2668747)   #425
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
At the risk of picking at the same old wound (I never give up....) I know which I'd prefer to see....
I find it interesting that there really isn't any pictures of the Norma M200!?. I can only find a Computer model and a "Lmp2" racer which doesn't seem fit for Le Mans..
How real is this car even?