Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 May 2009, 07:31 (Ref:2453409)   #426
Ted Walker
Veteran

Ted Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are the "Masters Team" saying .
Old 1 May 2009, 07:37 (Ref:2453412)   #427
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
well presumably John Gee was speaking as a member of Masters top table and Terence as an employee confirming?
Old 1 May 2009, 08:33 (Ref:2453434)   #428
FMS
Rookie

FMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ground Effects GP cars at the Masters Festival 9-10 May

Hope someone can advise me so thanks in advance for any replies

Looking at the Pit Garage Plan on the Masters web site I can see a few Post 1978 "Ground Effect and early 1980s flat bottom" GP cars for the Ground Effects GP race.

Will some of them not be in the Pits (and therefore not in the Pit plan)?
Old 1 May 2009, 08:50 (Ref:2453444)   #429
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry - I don't understand the question - all F1 cars are in the garages....unless they choose to base themselves elsewhere in the paddock.

If that doesn't help, call the Masters office and I'm sure they'll help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMS View Post

Looking at the Pit Garage Plan on the Masters web site I can see a few Post 1978 "Ground Effect and early 1980s flat bottom" GP cars for the Ground Effects GP race.

Old 1 May 2009, 09:28 (Ref:2453475)   #430
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Alan Gow is one of the hard players in the business and he has pushed the Saloon race through and it makes a lot of sence to see if it works by having a lesser meeting the week before.
Good thing Masters seems to be on but on the tail of Gow's mob not the other way round before to many people congratulate themselves.Yes Masters have done a good job but you people with hidden agendas get things in perspective.
Old 1 May 2009, 10:34 (Ref:2453509)   #431
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, and not only that, this is part of the off/on nature of this saga. Yesterday, I got information from two good separate sources that it was all off. Now it's all on again; how long is this going on? I hope that the events now go ahead but I'm afraid that I have become so cynical about the 'Donington Affair' that I'll believe it when I see it. And since it is clear that the track licence has still not been issued, how long are Masters prepared to wait before they decide whether to go ahead - next wednesday, thursday maybe; how about Friday even? This is a pretty ridiculous state of affairs. So let's say that a bail out is in place - is it just to overcome the present issue in order to get racing going there again this season, or to guarantee completion of all the work necessary to achieve GP status, next year. In other words is this latest bout, a short term fix?
Old 1 May 2009, 11:11 (Ref:2453525)   #432
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Tell you what guys I hate to be so negative but I think its nieve to think this is going to be fixed. It is now apparent that the whole scenario is nothing short of a ploy for what ever reason. This track could have been opened weeks ago as its such a small amount of work required to satisfy MSA but its just not happening so you must ask yourself why and while you are at it ask why has it happened in the first place with the tunnel too short, its not a mistake a competent civil engineer would ever make. .
Old 1 May 2009, 12:31 (Ref:2453575)   #433
FMS
Rookie

FMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Originally Posted by FMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
Sorry - I don't understand the question - all F1 cars are in the garages....unless they choose to base themselves elsewhere in the paddock.

If that doesn't help, call the Masters office and I'm sure they'll help.

What I was getting at - is the Pit garage list the full list of GP cars taht will be at the event , because there seems to be only a few of the Post 1978 "Ground Effect and early 1980s flat bottom" GP cars to make up a grid for that race
Old 1 May 2009, 13:13 (Ref:2453597)   #434
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Yes, and not only that, this is part of the off/on nature of this saga. Yesterday, I got information from two good separate sources that it was all off. Now it's all on again; how long is this going on? I hope that the events now go ahead but I'm afraid that I have become so cynical about the 'Donington Affair' that I'll believe it when I see it. And since it is clear that the track licence has still not been issued, how long are Masters prepared to wait before they decide whether to go ahead - next wednesday, thursday maybe; how about Friday even? This is a pretty ridiculous state of affairs. So let's say that a bail out is in place - is it just to overcome the present issue in order to get racing going there again this season, or to guarantee completion of all the work necessary to achieve GP status, next year. In other words is this latest bout, a short term fix?
Quite, John! It would appear that it is still dependent on the track licence being issued, and all Masters / Gow can do is hope that it is forthcoming. All we can do as competitors / marshalls / spectators is wait until someone passes that information on. Very frustrating for all!
Old 1 May 2009, 13:45 (Ref:2453618)   #435
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Tell you what guys I hate to be so negative but I think its nieve to think this is going to be fixed. It is now apparent that the whole scenario is nothing short of a ploy for what ever reason. This track could have been opened weeks ago as its such a small amount of work required to satisfy MSA but its just not happening so you must ask yourself why and while you are at it ask why has it happened in the first place with the tunnel too short, its not a mistake a competent civil engineer would ever make. .
thing is al, its not up to a civil engineer to make sure the tunnel is long enough. im a civil engineer myself, you do what is on the drawings that the designers have come up with UNLESS you can see somethign wrong ie structurally. as a civil engineer if i was to do the tunnel i wouldnt have known that you needed X amount of runoff either side, thats up to the designers to check with the MSA on such rules.
Old 1 May 2009, 15:19 (Ref:2453654)   #436
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The latest Masters News Letter CONFIRMS that it is very much full steam ahead for NEXT WEEKEND 9th/10th May. [Sorry to shout,just wanted to make sure EVERYONE heard.
Tickets/Passé's are in the post,oh,--------- and the track WILL be licensed,so if anyone wants a run out ,there are some grid slot's available in some race's.

[Bugger,where'd I leave that agenda]
Old 1 May 2009, 16:08 (Ref:2453676)   #437
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So that'll be no yellow flags for the Masters and full steam ahead for the Grand Prix in 2010.
Old 1 May 2009, 16:26 (Ref:2453682)   #438
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
thing is al, its not up to a civil engineer to make sure the tunnel is long enough. im a civil engineer myself, you do what is on the drawings that the designers have come up with UNLESS you can see somethign wrong ie structurally. as a civil engineer if i was to do the tunnel i wouldnt have known that you needed X amount of runoff either side, thats up to the designers to check with the MSA on such rules.
Fair comment but sounds even more fishy then as surely they would have checked with MSA when the drew up the designs (or maybe not there has been bigger cock ups thats for sure, any one remember the Millenium swaying bridge and that bridge in the US that shook to pieces in a wind storm!). I sincerly hope this has resolved now guys fingers crossed as I really do like Donington.
Old 2 May 2009, 07:18 (Ref:2453982)   #439
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tickets/Pass's arrived this morning for Masters.
Old 2 May 2009, 13:16 (Ref:2454134)   #440
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMS View Post
Originally Posted by FMS

What I was getting at - is the Pit garage list the full list of GP cars taht will be at the event , because there seems to be only a few of the Post 1978 "Ground Effect and early 1980s flat bottom" GP cars to make up a grid for that race
Because of the recent uncertainties, the entry lists are still a bit fluid with a number of late entries due to the understandable reluctence to commit until the full facts were known. I'm sure that the next few days will clarify things and the Masters team will be working flat out to arrange and rearrange garages and grid spaces to everybody's best advantage.
Old 2 May 2009, 17:35 (Ref:2454190)   #441
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
after all the uncertainty Masters deserve a great meeting next weekend - I hope that Donington and Silverstone are bathed in brilliant sunshine all weekend!
Old 2 May 2009, 19:29 (Ref:2454225)   #442
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Donington will be for sure.
Old 4 May 2009, 06:50 (Ref:2454961)   #443
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
So what is happening.Is Gillett still there or is Tom in the process of getting his toy back?
Will the race meetings planned go on?
Lots of people now at Silverstone this weekend.
Its all a bit exciting for you lot assuming you are racing with the Ron and Chris show this weekend.
Those passes may be worth something on E Bay if today rumours are correct.
Hope is does go ahead but what a mess.I even feel sorry for Masters(sure I will get over it)
We are only doing two race meetings this year,thats enough, and not seriously
Old 4 May 2009, 06:56 (Ref:2454962)   #444
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I was going to ask the same thing John, yes it appears ticketa and passes have been sent out but has the track got a licence to hold the event from the MSA, no confirmation on that is there?
Old 4 May 2009, 07:14 (Ref:2454973)   #445
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have been led to understand that John Symes will be inspecting Donington later this week, he alone will decide if Donington gets a license.
Old 4 May 2009, 07:15 (Ref:2454974)   #446
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Ah right so no licence granted yet then? And does anyone know if anything has been done to change the situation since the last inspection? I hope you guys are not being led down the garden path and the outcome will be 'Sorry we tried but the MSA would'nt give us the licence' thus getting off the hook and passing the buck to the MSA.
Old 4 May 2009, 07:23 (Ref:2454980)   #447
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

Just a couple of points.

Masters have said it will be licenced.

If the organisers knew there was an issue I doubt there'd be any get out in terms of compensation, which is a point I raised earlier.

Thus I hope things are as stated and that John's "rumours" are just that. I think there are a lot of folks who have chosen to go the Brands instead purely because of the uncertainty which is a great shame.

This is not to suggest that the CSCC will be any less of a meeting, rather that it's a shame that there has been the uncertainty.
Old 4 May 2009, 07:26 (Ref:2454981)   #448
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
If its down to John Symes next week how can they be sure. I am not suggesting the organisers have any worries about paying compo its hardly their fault is it in fact they are the injured party here if no licence is granted, I am suggesting prehaps the people whos fault it is may have to and the none granting of a licence if this was to happen is a wriggle out. Lets sincerly hope they get the licence. Must get out in the garage now, nearly got the old girl ready now after many weeks work.
Old 4 May 2009, 08:12 (Ref:2454999)   #449
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
According to the link http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75013 Alan Gow who I believe is the MSA's Top Banana, states that a licence will be issued. Either he was misinformed, smoking something or he's telling porkies of the non-mexican kind.
Old 4 May 2009, 08:40 (Ref:2455015)   #450
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Assume its Alan Gow the Bernie of Saloon Car Racing and he does not take prisoners or am I getting the names messed up.If it is him a good bloke in the little I had to do with him years ago..