Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Mar 2017, 04:53 (Ref:3717671)   #426
Damien_White
Rookie

Damien_White should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamien_White should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Sorry, paid employee, professional (sic) racing series using own starter, not good enough.

Can't stand the heat don't enter the kitchen.
Thanks Sizzle. You may note, I've since left the kitchen; damn it was hot in there! I'm curious though, and in keeping with your analogy, how close have you been to the flame produced by this type of stove? Unless you've been the chef, or at least a sous-chef, I'd encourage the readers to liken your critique to that of a My Kitchen Rules contestant. That is, accept that it's served with a cup of bitterness, a spoonful of spite and a pinch of I coulda, woulda, shoulda - DIDN'T!
Old 10 Mar 2017, 05:53 (Ref:3717680)   #427
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_White View Post
Thanks Sizzle. You may note, I've since left the kitchen; damn it was hot in there! I'm curious though, and in keeping with your analogy, how close have you been to the flame produced by this type of stove? Unless you've been the chef, or at least a sous-chef, I'd encourage the readers to liken your critique to that of a My Kitchen Rules contestant. That is, accept that it's served with a cup of bitterness, a spoonful of spite and a pinch of I coulda, woulda, shoulda - DIDN'T!
I am not employed in the motorsport field although I have a small race team of sorts.
However my employment can and does have peoples lives in my hands when I do work so the kitchen can be a little on the hot side.
I cock up, it may be the coroner who talks to me not an irate bunch of drivers or spectators.
Old 10 Mar 2017, 07:40 (Ref:3717699)   #428
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_White View Post
Ignore the hater Damien. Humans make errors and these things happen, especially when technology is involved which makes things a lot more difficult. People from the stone age think its as easy as waving a flag and then its started, when its not and a car that may not be running or sounding bad or anything else could be that little thing that can distract you and then errors occur. People need to stop being armchair criticisers and try it themselves, and the older people who think its easy need to have a go at doing it themselves. Nothing against old people but some use the whole its easy to start a race excuse from when they raced. I have only seen the races since I was about 3-4 so have been watching for 13-14 years and I don't ever recall seeing a flag being waved. There may have been and I was too young to remember
Old 10 Mar 2017, 14:17 (Ref:3717776)   #429
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
Ignore the hater Damien. Humans make errors and these things happen, especially when technology is involved which makes things a lot more difficult. People from the stone age think its as easy as waving a flag and then its started, when its not and a car that may not be running or sounding bad or anything else could be that little thing that can distract you and then errors occur. People need to stop being armchair criticisers and try it themselves, and the older people who think its easy need to have a go at doing it themselves. Nothing against old people but some use the whole its easy to start a race excuse from when they raced. I have only seen the races since I was about 3-4 so have been watching for 13-14 years and I don't ever recall seeing a flag being waved. There may have been and I was too young to remember
No hate whatsoever. As a paid employee in a professional organisation the idea is you don't cock up. Something you may learn later in life.
Old 11 Mar 2017, 11:44 (Ref:3717964)   #430
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
No hate whatsoever. As a paid employee in a professional organisation the idea is you don't cock up. Something you may learn later in life.
I will learn that but you put yourself in a scenario with 26 odd V8 Supercars screaming and one was off it would catch you out. Listening to the revs at the Gold Coast event last year was incredible and I can see how a start error could occur
Old 11 Mar 2017, 18:50 (Ref:3718033)   #431
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So can't we let chahda off for his start straight kamikaze last year? Everyone makes mistakes you know, he potentially lost a SC drive because of it. Don't you know how loud it is? Bet Matt's haters haven't driven DVS before
Old 11 Mar 2017, 22:53 (Ref:3718069)   #432
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
So can't we let chahda off for his start straight kamikaze last year? Everyone makes mistakes you know, he potentially lost a SC drive because of it. Don't you know how loud it is? Bet Matt's haters haven't driven DVS before
Exactly every driver makes mistakes he owed up to it and the other drivers have forgiven him for it so why can't the fans? He showed at Clipsal his true abilities he had a great weekend
Old 12 Mar 2017, 10:57 (Ref:3718149)   #433
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2244 View Post
Exactly every driver makes mistakes he owed up to it and the other drivers have forgiven him for it so why can't the fans? He showed at Clipsal his true abilities he had a great weekend
Chahdas problem is that he isn't a one hit wonder. He has had a few issues prior to the Sandown crash.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 12 Mar 2017, 11:21 (Ref:3718156)   #434
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
Chahdas problem is that he isn't a one hit wonder. He has had a few issues prior to the Sandown crash.
Agreed but I think at Clipsal he proved he's matured a lot since those discretions the 12th in race 1 was a very strong effort. Also in Matt's defence a lot of drivers were making some borderline ridiculous moves that weekend as well such as Jack LB (This isn't bashing Jack he's a very talented driver) when he knocked Todd off the track for the lead on the final lap and then ran Taz Douglas off the road later in the weekend both of which went unpenalised as I can remember. I thought it was unfair that he copped virtually all the blame that weekend when a lot of drivers had their fair share of accidents as well. I think that was the predominant reason Rullo got dispensation and he didn't was his track record so he's payed big time for those mistakes no doubt and has seemingly learnt a lot from it. He's a good down to earth kid and I predict he'll be around the LDM garages come enduro time.

Last edited by PS2244; 12 Mar 2017 at 11:39.
Old 12 Mar 2017, 23:37 (Ref:3718278)   #435
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
(re Chada...)12th in race 1 was a very strong effort.

I predict he'll be around the LDM garages come enduro time.
You username does suggest an element of bias...
When did 12th place ever become considered a strong effort?

By all means, blame the car or whatever but no-one forced him to do this deal.
He has the same opportunity to perform as everyone else but didn't.

As for Rullo, I suspect your are right; he will be on the grid come the enduro's but not because he is special in any way.

It seems to work for Supercars to have a young driver so as to attract attention to the sport.

All this nonsense about 'valuable laps' and 'learning experience' is utter rubbish.
He has been fast-tracked to the big game and now the lack of preparation and experience is apparent.
Old 13 Mar 2017, 05:11 (Ref:3718296)   #436
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus_nz View Post
If Simona gets a 12th place watch for the press releases claiming what a strong effort she had!

Quote:
As for Rullo, I suspect your are right; he will be on the grid come the enduro's but not because he is special in any way.

It seems to work for Supercars to have a young driver so as to attract attention to the sport.

All this nonsense about 'valuable laps' and 'learning experience' is utter rubbish.
He has been fast-tracked to the big game and now the lack of preparation and experience is apparent.
Sounds like you're not part of the Rullo fan club?

Who cares if he's been fast-tracked, the experience will come with more laps, and he did a great job at Adelaide.
Old 13 Mar 2017, 06:17 (Ref:3718301)   #437
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
You username does suggest an element of bias...

By all means, blame the car or whatever but no-one forced him to do this deal.
He has the same opportunity to perform as everyone else but didn't.

Don't understand what you mean by my username but I'm classifying 12th as a strong effort for him based off the fact that last year he struggled to reach that middle part of the field and he showed a lot more maturity in that race he didn't go for any unnecessarily aggressive moves he just put his head down and pushed on and got the result. Your also correct with referance to Rullo his age it does make him a highly marketable drive
Old 13 Mar 2017, 06:27 (Ref:3718304)   #438
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Don't understand what you mean by my username
Really? You post a lot about Chahda and Rullo, both connected to a team run by LD ... so LD2244 could easily be construed to have a certain bias.
Old 13 Mar 2017, 06:32 (Ref:3718305)   #439
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZedMikey View Post
Really? You post a lot about Chahda and Rullo, both connected to a team run by LD ... so LD2244 could easily be construed to have a certain bias.
Understand what you mean RedZedMikey but LD is just random typing for my username it in no way affiliates to LDM
Old 13 Mar 2017, 06:49 (Ref:3718306)   #440
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
If Simona gets a 12th place watch for the press releases claiming what a strong effort she had!
True - but then she's competing in the Main Game and Chahda (who the mention of 12th was about) is competing in the D2 Series. Big difference in capability between those 2 series.
Old 13 Mar 2017, 12:16 (Ref:3718350)   #441
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Mr Le Brocq on the other hand has no balls to admit the errors he made at Sandown
Old 13 Mar 2017, 12:23 (Ref:3718353)   #442
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
True - but then she's competing in the Main Game and Chahda (who the mention of 12th was about) is competing in the D2 Series. Big difference in capability between those 2 series.
I had this conversation with someone a few weeks back, unless someone is constantly in the top 3-5 then they aren't really ready for the main game and be competitive. The quality last year in the Dunlop series was bad and the last time a challenge was there was in the Mostert, Pye, McLaughlin, Percat days, look who won in 2013, and his talent says enough in the series
Old 14 Mar 2017, 04:44 (Ref:3718487)   #443
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
then they aren't really ready for the main game and be competitive.
What exactly does "ready for the main game" mean?
Old 14 Mar 2017, 04:47 (Ref:3718488)   #444
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
well technically that means they have gained enough points under the licencing rules.

but i dont think that is the definition meant by the poster

once upon a time it meant you had enough money and could qualify within the cut off
Old 15 Mar 2017, 08:04 (Ref:3718724)   #445
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Full time V8 Supercars
Old 16 Mar 2017, 19:10 (Ref:3719160)   #446
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
3rd MWM Nissan Confirmed
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 16 Mar 2017, 22:06 (Ref:3719203)   #447
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I really like the potential of Bryce Fullwood, so good on Matthew White for putting him in some newer gear, I'd like to think his improvement plane will continue on it's upward trajectory.
Old 16 Mar 2017, 23:38 (Ref:3719221)   #448
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
If MWM improve only marginally on their form from Adelaide might it become a little embarrassing for the boys located in the southeast of Melbourne?
Old 16 Mar 2017, 23:53 (Ref:3719224)   #449
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
If MWM improve only marginally on their form from Adelaide might it become a little embarrassing for the boys located in the southeast of Melbourne?
In Super2 spec, compared to VASC spec (tyres, suspension the noticeable differences), the Altima is ~1.5s off the best speed of the main game at Adelaide..

That said.. Mr Le Brocq may be the 3rd or 4th quickest Nissan when he debuts in the single driver main game wildcard...
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 17 Mar 2017, 02:17 (Ref:3719236)   #450
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
In Super2 spec, compared to VASC spec (tyres, suspension the noticeable differences), the Altima is ~1.5s off the best speed of the main game at Adelaide..

That said.. Mr Le Brocq may be the 3rd or 4th quickest Nissan when he debuts in the single driver main game wildcard...
More along the lines if they start winning in Super2 and the best Kelly Racing can do is run at the back of the Top Ten.