Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Aug 2010, 16:44 (Ref:2742024)   #426
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah, that conspiracy!

I did hear when a driver I know had a simulator evaluation when in discussions with one of the new teams that MS had run a long time in the rig with disappointing results just before his neck problem ruled him out. :-)
Old 9 Aug 2010, 18:10 (Ref:2742072)   #427
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
when should he retire?
In terms of winning a WDC, then now..In terms of enjoyment and performing near the top, then when he fancies, or the team make it sort of clear.
He's sort of in a situation like a weekend-warrior club racer against a driver who tests all the time. Now that he can't test till the tarmac wears out, he's not the man he was.
Old 9 Aug 2010, 21:02 (Ref:2742137)   #428
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumacher should of left in 2006. I'm still amazed at that move he pulled on Rubens.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 00:52 (Ref:2742228)   #429
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
One thought that's crossed my mind, and I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread already (sorry, although I've read this all through I can't remember everything that's been raised in 420+ posts, and I've not got the time to trawl back through them all).
Last year TGF was going to stand in for the injured Massa, but then this was vetoed 'due to his neck injury'.
Now I know that conspiracy theories are rarely aired in these forums but I'm now starting to wonder if there was more to this than meets the eye?
Was it Ferrari who stopped an (obviously to them) slow TGF from coming back and not making their car look so good and this is what's spurned Michael on to return fo F1 with his old mate Ross Brawn to (try and) show the Italians that he can still do it, (but failed) and they missed out on an excellent opportunity last year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Ah, that conspiracy!

I did hear when a driver I know had a simulator evaluation when in discussions with one of the new teams that MS had run a long time in the rig with disappointing results just before his neck problem ruled him out. :-)
So we could assume that Mercedes thought more in his name marketing than his performance, and then, I would say they got it wrong in both ways !
Old 10 Aug 2010, 01:15 (Ref:2742239)   #430
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I wish people would stop using the phrase skill set.

It's a motorsport forum, not a human resources seminar.
Can I say business model then? or whatever garbage is the latest..
Old 10 Aug 2010, 01:20 (Ref:2742242)   #431
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Schumacher should of left in 2006. I'm still amazed at that move he pulled on Rubens.
It's 'Schumacher should have left', not 'Schumacher should of left'; Sorry but I can't stand bad grammer.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 05:01 (Ref:2742274)   #432
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
It's 'Schumacher should have left', not 'Schumacher should of left'; Sorry but I can't stand bad grammer.
I hope to god that was intended irony.

Last edited by beau1; 10 Aug 2010 at 05:06.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 05:05 (Ref:2742275)   #433
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As for the rumour that Schumacher was 'slow' whilst preparing for Ferrari last season.
I'm pretty sure I remember reading that when he did his actual test that he was pretty much as quick as Kimi and Massa.
Did they really think Badoer was a better candidate though?
Old 10 Aug 2010, 05:22 (Ref:2742280)   #434
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Its time to leave ....

Michael - you are the Weakest Link - GOODBYE
Old 10 Aug 2010, 05:23 (Ref:2742281)   #435
deeks6
Veteran

Quote:
Wow, you are going to be busy here then ...
Old 10 Aug 2010, 05:27 (Ref:2742284)   #436
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
Wow, you are going to be busy here then ...
On the contrary, the grammer is usually very good, only occasionally are there glaring mistakes.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 07:38 (Ref:2742311)   #437
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Ah, that conspiracy!

I have very little faith in simulator speed translating directly to the racing cars. Once you have spent millions of dollars on something it becomes the best thing ever. Gives a view of the circuits and a good look at it, but it is not a race car! Just a computer game!
Old 10 Aug 2010, 08:12 (Ref:2742324)   #438
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
On the contrary, the grammer is usually very good, only occasionally are there glaring mistakes.
Being lectured on grammar by someone who can't spell it.

Priceless.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 08:17 (Ref:2742329)   #439
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:

Priceless.
I was waiting for that, .
Old 10 Aug 2010, 10:12 (Ref:2742381)   #440
deeks6
Veteran

Quote:

Priceless.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 10:16 (Ref:2742383)   #441
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Old 10 Aug 2010, 11:15 (Ref:2742394)   #442
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10 Aug 2010, 13:40 (Ref:2742459)   #443
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now this is just being silly

Old 10 Aug 2010, 15:47 (Ref:2742519)   #444
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe it has something to do with the American flag? Americans kan't spell! Then again, he lives in England and Brits speak proper English.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 20:38 (Ref:2742681)   #445
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
Maybe it has something to do with the American flag? Americans kan't spell! Then again, he lives in England and Brits speak proper English.
Obviously never heard a Geordie speak....
Old 10 Aug 2010, 20:44 (Ref:2742687)   #446
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
Brits speak proper English ?????????? No way

You watch jo public being interviewd by tv on the street in the USA, and then watch jo public interviewed on the street in the UK... big difference. The Americans seem far more erudite and have something interesting to say.. Jo public in the UK says a lot of "you know what I means" and "erm" "erm" "erm" .. and the letter "T" in words is getting dropped more and more nowadays... erm, erm, have I gone off topic?
Old 10 Aug 2010, 20:52 (Ref:2742691)   #447
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Twas a joke!
Old 19 Aug 2010, 10:58 (Ref:2747062)   #448
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Meanwhile back at the ranch where the topic lives......

" When should Michael Schumacher retire? "

To be honest I thought he had, back in 2006.

I heard a rumour earlier this year that he was going to make a comeback, but thankfully no signs of that being anything other than media/fanboi speculation and fantasy so far..... although I understand he has been seen around at a couple of GPs this year, he doesnt seem to be interested in making any comeback of any consequence.
Old 20 Aug 2010, 09:08 (Ref:2747504)   #449
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
He should retire when he wants to, not when a bunch of people who have never driven an F1 car in their life think he should.

If given the choice, would you prefer to be...

a) Racing a F1 car
b) Not racing a F1 car.

No brainer I would have thought.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 20 Aug 2010, 09:24 (Ref:2747507)   #450
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
He should retire when he wants to, not when a bunch of people who have never driven an F1 car in their life think he should.

If given the choice, would you prefer to be...

a) Racing a F1 car
b) Not racing a F1 car.
c) Hugh Hefner

No brainer I would have thought.
fixed