Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Feb 2006, 17:33 (Ref:1517390)   #426
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I cant see Lehto getting the drive as, as you say he was contracted to Champion , I did mean Pirro , mistype , sorry !
Old 7 Feb 2006, 18:36 (Ref:1517421)   #427
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be:

Kristensen/Biela/Pirro
McNish/Werner/Capello

This is McNish's year, I can feel it!
Old 7 Feb 2006, 23:06 (Ref:1517614)   #428
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice new video:-

http://mfile.akamai.com/10940/wmv/au...o_high_cbr.asx
Old 8 Feb 2006, 01:07 (Ref:1517684)   #429
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Be interesting to see if Kristensen-Biela-Pirro could pull off another win . That would be another advertising coup for Audi as it would be another first as well as Kristensen's umpteenth win .
Old 8 Feb 2006, 01:11 (Ref:1517685)   #430
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
I couldnt get the video to work , but the music is louder than the car !!!
Old 8 Feb 2006, 01:36 (Ref:1517698)   #431
vs346
Racer

Greenland
vs346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, that video definitely epitomizes Audi/German precision! Great production value as well. All of Audi's media stuff is spot on. They spare no expense.
Old 8 Feb 2006, 16:29 (Ref:1518161)   #432
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Concerning Audi factory drivers, what would be the chances of seeing Ekstrom in the R10? He recently signed a three-year deal to stay with Audi. Although, that is mainly for DTM. He's a great young driver that I'd love to see in the R10.

This may have been discussed before, but I don't recall.
Old 8 Feb 2006, 16:55 (Ref:1518179)   #433
vs346
Racer

Greenland
vs346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's been touched on before jhansen, but I'm not bothered that we bring him up again.

I'd love to see Ekstrom (or someone else from the Audi clan) be in the R10. But realistically, it looks to be the usual suspects:

Kristensen/Biela/Pirro
McNish/Werner/Capello

They have the most experience with prototype racing and it's only fitting that they continue. If Biela and Pirro EVER retire (they were talking about it at the end of last year), it's likely we will see some DTM guys make the jump over to the R10, including Ekstrom.
Old 8 Feb 2006, 17:45 (Ref:1518222)   #434
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I guess I'm just ready for some new blood in sportscar racing. Especially at the top. I was hoping Kaffer would get a shot again. He was quick and entertaining to watch. Although, I don't know how Audi rate him, or if he's still a contracted factory driver.

Ekstrom is a great talent and could certainly shine if given the opportunity at Sebring and Lemans. I wouldn't mind seeing:

Kristensen/Capello/Kaffer
McNish/Werner/Ekstrom
Old 9 Feb 2006, 05:22 (Ref:1518540)   #435
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why on earth would last season's ALMS champs deserve to be left out of the lineup?

Really, 3 Audis are needed...JJ deserves a chance to shine in the R10 after all the effort he has put towards their profile in North America, Champion contract or not. I do agree that Kaffer should get a shot too, but it's hard to justify leaving out any of the "usual suspects". They've earned that title through honest hard work. Add in Ekstrom and you'd have 9 excellent drivers though!
Old 9 Feb 2006, 07:49 (Ref:1518578)   #436
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Why on earth would last season's ALMS champs deserve to be left out of the lineup?

Really, 3 Audis are needed...JJ deserves a chance to shine in the R10 after all the effort he has put towards their profile in North America, Champion contract or not. I do agree that Kaffer should get a shot too, but it's hard to justify leaving out any of the "usual suspects". They've earned that title through honest hard work. Add in Ekstrom and you'd have 9 excellent drivers though!
Why dont Audi ever put McNish and Kristenson in the same car?
Old 9 Feb 2006, 09:23 (Ref:1518610)   #437
slicks
Rookie

slicks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
Why dont Audi ever put McNish and Kristenson in the same car?

'cos, from what I have heard (in Newspeak), 'they don't send eachother Christmas Cards'.

I will leave someone else to do the translation.
Old 9 Feb 2006, 15:42 (Ref:1518915)   #438
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Kinda like Pirro and Lehto then huh?

I dunno, I think having McNish and Kristensen in separate cars is rather good thinking.
Old 18 Feb 2006, 16:38 (Ref:1525739)   #439
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see from DSC that Audi have confirmed there drivers for Sebring and Le Mans. There are no great suprises TBH:- Frank Biela, Dindo Capello, Tom Kristensen, Allan McNish, Emanuele Pirro and Marco Werner. As yet there is no news on who will drive which car.
Old 18 Feb 2006, 17:05 (Ref:1525763)   #440
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
I see from DSC that Audi have confirmed there drivers for Sebring and Le Mans. There are no great suprises TBH:- Frank Biela, Dindo Capello, Tom Kristensen, Allan McNish, Emanuele Pirro and Marco Werner. As yet there is no news on who will drive which car.
More importantantly, it's indicated that the entry for Sebring is Joest Racing. Where does that leave Champion, and the 2006 ALMS LMP1 team championship?
Old 18 Feb 2006, 21:44 (Ref:1525928)   #441
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Out of curiousity, what effect does the Audi Sport North America usage on the entry form have on how the points are scored? If both Joest (at Sebring) and Champion (for the rest of the season) were to use ASNA as their entrance banner would the points scored by both teams be combined for the teams championship?

Just curious what the rationale behind the use of the name is, and whether it might lend clues as to the fate of Champion Racing this season.
Old 19 Feb 2006, 05:17 (Ref:1526054)   #442
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Different entrants, different points. Somewhere along the line, someone ended up not caring about the season ending...
Old 19 Feb 2006, 06:42 (Ref:1526069)   #443
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Well, if they didn't intend on running the full season it wouldn't really matter. It's a Sebring-LeMans program. Anything else would be a surprise IMO.
Old 27 Feb 2006, 23:15 (Ref:1532814)   #444
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
russ250575 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With audi announcing that there will be 2 R10s in the ALMS after le-mans. where does this leave the third one ? LMS with Jouest ?? ( I say the 3rd one if there is one im sure i read somewhere there is 3 of these beast's around...)

can anyone confirm any of the above ??? thx
Old 28 Feb 2006, 07:34 (Ref:1532990)   #445
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although I didn’t hear of an existence of a third one, it’s very likely there will be a third one until Le Mans.

Just think : Joest is only concentrating on the R10 this year and not involved into DTM any more. Thus after Le Mans they have no job any more. Could be room for some LMS races…..
Old 28 Feb 2006, 07:59 (Ref:1532994)   #446
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Audi sent out a press release last week about there DTM program and it included the following paragraphy

Quote:
Audi Sport Team Joest, which competed for Audi in the DTM over the past two seasons, will concentrate entirely on the new Audi R10 sportscar project during the 2006 season. "The goal of becoming the first automobile manufacturer to win the 24 Hours of Le Mans with a diesel engine is very ambitious,” says Dr Ullrich. "Our test and development programme till Le Mans is so intensive that it doesn’t allow a parallel programme in the DTM.”
Old 28 Feb 2006, 08:49 (Ref:1533021)   #447
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauer 962
Just think : Joest is only concentrating on the R10 this year and not involved into DTM any more. Thus after Le Mans they have no job any more. Could be room for some LMS races…..
After Le Mans they will be running 2 R10s in ALMS together with Champion Racing
Old 28 Feb 2006, 09:47 (Ref:1533069)   #448
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
After Le Mans they will be running 2 R10s in ALMS together with Champion Racing
Will it need two world class sportscar teams to run two cars in the ALMS ? I don´t know.....
Old 28 Feb 2006, 15:34 (Ref:1533303)   #449
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
I must say I'm confused about this. The recent ALMS Audi release said that Champion would be supporting the Audi Sport North America entry in the ALMS. Joest was only mentioned in that they would be running Sebring and Le Mans. Champion would help out at Sebring. However, Joest is listed at the team that will "concentrate entirely on the new Audi R10 sportscar project during the 2006 season." And it is clear that Joest will not be running the DTM program.

Where this leaves Joest is my question. I see three options really: 1) they continue testing in Europe, 2) they join the Champion squad for the remaining ALMS rounds, 3) they contest the remaining LMS races.
Old 28 Feb 2006, 19:07 (Ref:1533418)   #450
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Audi Sport North America entry IS Joest, with Champion helping/learning.

In 2007 I would expect Champion to be the sole ALMS team, Joest to race as a factory team against Peugeot in the LMS, plus a couple of customer R10s in the LMS (Audi UK etc.).