Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Closed Thread

Old 3 Feb 2004, 15:38 (Ref:861472)   #4601
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nah, i'm not a great fan of that track, i have to say .
Old 3 Feb 2004, 15:49 (Ref:861487)   #4602
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I take this opportunity to post me latest. It's a very long track with a small circuit in side it for most of the events taking place. I wanted to design a very long circuit and this is what I came up with eventually.
Attached Thumbnails
untitled.gif  

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 3 Feb 2004, 16:06 (Ref:861507)   #4603
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Any suggestions to it, royksopp???

A NOTE:

I did it to create some versatility for the facility as well as to build something that would have many elements already in place (a lot of pavement with long straights, some curves via taxiways, plus existing hangars and support elements from the airfield facilities that could be used for paddock facilities, administrative buildings, etc.)....

In addition to these points above, one other advantage to using this type of property and doing some terrain changes to create elevated sections of the circuit to complement the exisitng roadways would be that it can ultimately create a "stadium type" of facility where many fans can see as much as 75% or 80% of the racing circuit...a luxury that is not afforded by most existing road courses (with texpetions like Barber Mostorsports Park in Alabama, as one I know of)....

I would welcome any suggestions you or others would have...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 3 Feb 2004, 16:26 (Ref:861525)   #4604
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
Yes, Tim, i'll post an edit asap .

Duff, that looks breakneck fast and fun, but there's nothing in the way of overtaking .
Old 3 Feb 2004, 16:53 (Ref:861551)   #4605
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Give me a couple of minutes...

Old 3 Feb 2004, 17:07 (Ref:861562)   #4606
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Modified version, now with more overtaking spots and a bit of extra track to the smaller circuit.
Attached Thumbnails
h.gif  

Old 4 Feb 2004, 12:24 (Ref:862583)   #4607
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
What i'm gonna do when i get home is, that i'll keep the schleife in the original way, and make som additions to the GP-circuit .
Old 4 Feb 2004, 17:51 (Ref:862961)   #4608
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Here are my changes to the Nürburgring. I would do away with the arena and go back to how it was in 2001, change the RTL kurve and Bit Kurve becasue I never really liked that part, and then I made a change to the final corner.
Attached Thumbnails
untitled.gif  

Old 4 Feb 2004, 21:47 (Ref:863203)   #4609
f1freak
Racer

Australia
Sydney
f1freak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry I haven't posted for a while...nice tracks I'm seeing though...

I thought I'd also make an edit to Nurburgring...

The most significant changes (I think) is that I've eased up most of the corners, making them more flowing, but I've also added one (Kurzanbindung) and I've made NGK Schikane tighter as well. Pit entry is much earlier on the track.

Old 4 Feb 2004, 23:57 (Ref:863409)   #4610
Flaming_Wuzzle
Racer

United States
a house
Flaming_Wuzzle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, since everyone has been posting edits of the Nurburgring, I might as well give it a shot.

My explanation: That first section was too tight to me, so I did away with Haug-Haken and shortcut the fourth corner. next, I made the Ford-Kurve a kink so we can get more speed before Dunlop. I also loosened Bit-Kurve. Finally, I got rid of that chicane so we can get some overtaking at Coca-Cola.
Attached Thumbnails
nurburgring.jpg  

Last edited by Flaming_Wuzzle; 5 Feb 2004 at 00:03.
Old 5 Feb 2004, 23:07 (Ref:864716)   #4611
Tinik
Rookie

Tinik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi!

This is my first post here, but i have seen this thread from the sideline.

I use paint to edit/make tracks, its the only program i have to make tracks...

My english is not so good, but ill do my best.

Here is my edit of Nürburgring:
Old 6 Feb 2004, 00:46 (Ref:864839)   #4612
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
mandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's my version of Nurburgring:

First, I got rid of the complex, giving the drivers a very fast left kink. Then, I had them go straight on at Valvoline Kurve, sending them through Dunlop Kehre in the opposite direction. The track follows the original circuit backwards until the Ford Kurve, where a new section of track will go underneath (if possible) the straight after Turn 1. This makes the RTL Kurve less tight. I also loosened the Bit Kurve, hoping to make it faster. I removed the NGK Schikane, resulting in a new Coca-Cola Kurve, which makes the run to the line shorter. By doing this, I hope it creates a better passing opprotunity in the hairpin because of a faster entry.
Attached Thumbnails
nurburgring02.gif  
Old 6 Feb 2004, 02:08 (Ref:864913)   #4613
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome to the forum Tinik!
Nice edits everyone, but Tinik, I think I like yours best. Although that straight would probably be too long for FIA standards, I like the Monaco-esque long sweeper that is a part of said straight. mandretti, yours is interesting, I wonder if it'd work. I like your new sig as well!

Maybe I'll do an edit tomorrow...
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 6 Feb 2004, 12:36 (Ref:865368)   #4614
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Lustigson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted, but here's my go at the new (old) Nürburgring. I didn't find the old (new) Ring all that bad, but the new first corner extension and the 'arena' really suck. However... I dÃ*d keep them in my new version. Don't know why, actually.
Attached Thumbnails
nürburgring.gif  
Old 6 Feb 2004, 20:05 (Ref:865756)   #4615
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys, and welcome Tinik

Just gonna put forward my comments on your Nurby edits

Duffacus - Sorry mate, but I don't really like it The first chicane looks micky-mouse, and the other two changes don't really add much. Sorry, but that's just MO

Flaming Wuzzle - My personal favourite atm, 'cos it just does exactly the same simple changes I'd myself like to see at this track.

Conrad - I like your changes in the complex and at Bit, but I prefer the chicane to be more open, and I really don't like you getting rid of one of the best high speed corners on the circuit (Audi-S) and replacing it with something that is way too tight.

Tinik - I like your loosening up of bends in the complex and Ford, and the nice sweeping left before RTL. Not sure about loosening Hatzenbach though, as I think it would probably be more fun as a high speed tighter kink than a long sweeper. Other than that one thing, a very nice first track I look forward to seeing more from you in the future

mandretti39 - By far the most ingenious and interesting take on the track! Although I'm not too sure about the new tighter last corner, that first mega-fast corner and lovely passing spot at Dunlop look great fun But just 7 corners?!?

Lustigson - I like your changes to T1,2 and Ford, but T3 is way too tight IMO, and the new final complex looks very Tilke-esque.
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 6 Feb 2004, 20:43 (Ref:865786)   #4616
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Hey, the first chicane was there since it was designed! They only recently changed it

Old 7 Feb 2004, 04:21 (Ref:866067)   #4617
Flaming_Wuzzle
Racer

United States
a house
Also, while we're on the subject of GP circuit edits, here's my revision of Silverstone..

Silverstone Edit

I couldn't attach it to this post because it's too big unfortunately..
Old 7 Feb 2004, 11:13 (Ref:866265)   #4618
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
saw that on fantasytracks the other day when i was looking at adding my own silverstone edit. I's quite good, but too long i think.
Old 7 Feb 2004, 11:55 (Ref:866292)   #4619
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
I have made two edits of Silverstone, I couldn't decide which was best so I though i'd post 'em both. Maybe a combination of the two would be even better.

Here's the first...
Attached Thumbnails
kg.jpg  

Last edited by Duffacus; 7 Feb 2004 at 11:55.

Old 7 Feb 2004, 11:57 (Ref:866294)   #4620
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
And here's the second...
Attached Thumbnails
yutjt.jpg  

Old 7 Feb 2004, 16:05 (Ref:866416)   #4621
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Sorry Duff, but I don't like either of those edits IMO FW's is better, as good as/better than the current track, and there are only a few edits I'd like to do to it. P, I don't think it would be too long, as if the current circuit is 5.1km I'd guess this would be about 6.4km or something, which is still less than Spa.

The first change I'd make is that I don't like the look of two very similar sharp 90 rights next to each other, so I've combined that section to maintain the existing 90 right on the Stowe circuit, but then a tricky accelerating left flick into a sweeping right. I love the new Club - looks like a very challenging and fun high speed entry, right on the limit of grip. Good stuff I wasn't sure about whether I should bypass that chicane, but then thought that it would add some nice variety to the circuit, so I've kept it. I also thought about changing Ireland into more of a passing spot, but it looks like it would be a fun very high speed double apex corner while your trying to scrub off the speed for the hairpin, so that stays too. The only other change I'd make is at the last corner - getting rid of that pointless kink at Brooklands and put in one of the best overtaking oportunities on the lap at Woodcote - a sweeping +100mph right which would be ideal for last lap lunges

Sorry about the poor quality, it's a sham I had to rescale it
Attached Thumbnails
silverstone3.gif  
Old 7 Feb 2004, 17:20 (Ref:866456)   #4622
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nurburgring:
Old 7 Feb 2004, 18:17 (Ref:866483)   #4623
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Hmm... I know it's unusual for me to dislike your work P () but I still much prefer FW's over your take on the Ring. The changes at Mercedes and Ford look fair enough, but I hate what you've done around RTL and Bit (way too tight radius, particularly the one before the backstraight), butchered the backstraight kink, and at the last corner (just looks odd to me, 'cos that 1st corner is neither a fast one nor and overtaking spot).
Old 7 Feb 2004, 18:21 (Ref:866486)   #4624
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Yeah, was lazy and couldn't be bothered to do that tight corner properly It's not even a corner, just two straight lines at an angle

But you have got to kill that back straight kink! It's why you can't pass in the chicane (apart from the chicane being too tight now, you can't get two cars through there
It's a dead boring corner anyway...
Old 7 Feb 2004, 20:34 (Ref:866571)   #4625
Flaming_Wuzzle
Racer

United States
a house
Yeah, well now that you mention it, that kink I had in before Woodcote looks kinda stupid anyway, so I agree with your edit there..