Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 21 Aug 2013, 19:14 (Ref:3292492)   #4701
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
Tomorrow Audi will be testing for the fourth day in a row at the Lausitzring. You still have an opportunity to capture the R18 running on the webcams, but don't expect it to be high definition. Those webcams are simply crappy.

Now, if somebody is living close to the Lausitzring and is friendly enough to take a few pics that would be great

One thing for sure: if Audi have been testing for four days on the same track, this is not only in preparation for the next race, but most likely a thorough development work in anticipation of 2014.
Agree, since the first day of test I used to think that under the black R18 bodywork there are a lot of 2014 parts. Michelin 2014 specs means that a new kind of suspensions is tested. Toyota tested the 3.0 V10 F1 for the first time inside a gt-one, maybe the black r18 is powered by the 2014 engine.
Old 21 Aug 2013, 21:09 (Ref:3292531)   #4702
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Forza fanboys disgust me. You can't compete against a guy that ran the N24 or that is making collaborations with car, tire and suspensionanufacturers. And you say is arcadish lol do you even have your drivers licence. If you have an xbox then play forza not our fault that microsoft scamed you. You can't beat the japanese team.
Old 21 Aug 2013, 21:13 (Ref:3292533)   #4703
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There must be someone you can write to.
Old 21 Aug 2013, 22:30 (Ref:3292557)   #4704
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
Forza fanboys disgust me. You can't compete against a guy that ran the N24 or that is making collaborations with car, tire and suspensionanufacturers. And you say is arcadish lol do you even have your drivers licence. If you have an xbox then play forza not our fault that microsoft scamed you. You can't beat the japanese team.
I wouldn't let that guy represent a fanbase, I could make the same sweeping generalisation based on what I see posted daily over at GTplanet but I shan't because it's wrong...

GT academy is just part a small of the selection process, tbf you could probably take any of the top console sim games and use it.
heck, if it was reliant on just a game, they'd definitely be using iRacing.

OT, Looking forward to seeing the HD packages of both P1 cars, hopefully the Audis and Toyota will be able to put on a very close race!
Old 21 Aug 2013, 22:40 (Ref:3292562)   #4705
Razgriz8484
Rookie

Razgriz8484 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
rFactor/GTR2/iRacing over any console game
Old 22 Aug 2013, 01:59 (Ref:3292594)   #4706
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One thing that bugs me in forza is how all the diesel race cars spit out flames like if they were petrol cars.that loses a touch of realism graphic wise for me, it's not a simulator by far, both forza and Gt are video games and nothing more. Closest thing to a real simulator I ever experienced was Cadillacs Iracing set up at the tracks driving the ctsv-r that was insane and I utterly sucked but it was awesome.
Old 22 Aug 2013, 03:52 (Ref:3292607)   #4707
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

There is a "Virtual Racers" section.

Anyway, I haven't seen the R18 race in so long that I have forgotten what it looks like.
Old 22 Aug 2013, 08:25 (Ref:3292635)   #4708
silente
Racer

silente should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the model i have built myself for rF of Audi R18 produces results which, according to the info i was able to gather (also from other LMP teams, less inaccessible than Audi) are very close to real cars.

rF is a good code as a base and for sure is a "simulator", not a video game, although it is still far from the professional softwares. On the other hand, it runs with normal pc and doesn´t need super computers to just go out of the pit.

The modeling process has been very interesting and i learnt a lot, but you can still understand a lot of things by running the model and trying different solutions (setup, aero, ratios, etc).

I cannot tell if the behavior is exactly the same as the real car, i am not a real driver nor an audi engineer. But, looking to the performance and to the driving feel it seems reasonably close to the real counterpart.
Old 22 Aug 2013, 08:47 (Ref:3292639)   #4709
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Sorry If I "disgust" you, but I'm not a forza fanboy, while is clear enough you think that GT is better only because yamauchi drives a car during N24 I never read something more sony/GT "fanboyistic" than yours. In you, we found a person that has been scamed for real, not by microsoft but by a japanese rival.
After years spent to play both games, to be accurate, GT1, GT2 for PS1; GT3, GT3 tokyo-geneva, GT4 prologue, GT4 for PS2; GT5 prologue, GT5 for PS3 vs. forza 1 for X-box; forza 2, forza 3, forza4 for xbox 360. Because of this experience I think to be good enough to give my opinion, explaining the reasons. But is just an opinion without any presumption to write an absolute truth. Presumption that you have, even if is really funny to read someone criticizing a game without giving any real reason about the game and not about producers. But anyway are opinions, my life goes on however now that i've read it. I haven't anything else to write about this little forza vs. gt offtopic.

Last edited by avvelenamento; 22 Aug 2013 at 09:05.
Old 22 Aug 2013, 09:00 (Ref:3292641)   #4710
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
When can we start talking about real racing cars again, and more specifically, the real-life Audi R18? Is now ok?
Old 22 Aug 2013, 09:15 (Ref:3292647)   #4711
avvelenamento
Racer

Sure, audi would give us a great help if kindly will post some pic taken from the test.
Old 22 Aug 2013, 09:15 (Ref:3292648)   #4712
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by avvelenamento View Post
what does mean this? here we are talking about realism and simulation not only about track models. Do you have ever played GT4? Loeb trained using GT4 because was the only game to have la sarthe track available, the only alternative was to play a 1999 le mans game on sega dreamcast . But trust the track isn't simulated accurately at all, and the car handling was pure arcade. With a group C car you could run tetre rouge flat out. Bonanomi revealed that he spent some time playing codemasters F1 2011 to learn yas marina track, this doesn't mean that the game is realistic. I don't know if you have ever played forza 3 or forza 4, but I suggest you to try these games, you won't have a perfect sim, but you will feel the difference.
Quote:
Sorry If I "disgust" you, but I'm not a forza fanboy, while is clear enough you think that GT is better only because yamauchi drives a car during N24 I never read something more sony/GT "fanboyistic" than yours. In you, we found a person that has been scamed for real, not by microsoft but by a japanese rival.
After years spent to play both games, to be accurate, GT1, GT2 for PS1; GT3, GT3 tokyo-geneva, GT4 prologue, GT4 for PS2; GT5 prologue, GT5 for PS3 vs. forza 1 for X-box; forza 2, forza 3, forza4 for xbox 360. Because of this experience I think to be good enough to give my opinion, explaining the reasons. But is just an opinion without any presumption to write an absolute truth. Presumption that you have, even if is really funny to read someone criticizing a game without giving any real reason about the game and not about producers. But anyway are opinions, my life goes on however now that i've read it. I haven't anything else to write about this little forza vs. gt offtopic.
I don't think any video game is very close to the real thing, but surely these team's simulators are within tenths of a second and are very accurate. I haven't heard or read much on Audi having a sim, but I'm sure they do. It would be great to test one of those to see just how big the difference is.
Old 22 Aug 2013, 09:26 (Ref:3292652)   #4713
avvelenamento
Racer

Let's say that there are 3 kind of racing "games".

1 - console games like GT and forza, more (forza) or less (GT) good driving simulator, but however made to be sold by a large fanbase and casuals.

2- PC sims like rfactor, great simulators, usualy bought only by pc sim expert fans

3 - professional sims used by F1 teams and manufacturers. Simply the best, expensive hardware and top technology.

Speaking about physics accurancy: 3 > 2 > 1. I think there is no doubt about this, right?
Old 22 Aug 2013, 09:35 (Ref:3292655)   #4714
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
What? I don't think theres a question that the big teams simulators are top notch, I just wonder how it would feel to drive it then the real thing. Some drivers don't like the sims.
Old 22 Aug 2013, 09:47 (Ref:3292657)   #4715
avvelenamento
Racer

I know that Schumacher didn't use mercedes simulator because he felt seasick when he was inside. Ferrari F1 sim is usually used by test driver Bertolini (well known GT driver) and Alonso. Drivers may like it or not, but since the ban of real tests, is the only way to experiment new "virtual versions" of new parts before to test them for real during friday free practice. At least speaking about F1. WEC lmp1 manufacturers can make all the tests they want, so I think that audi and toyota drivers use simulator just to make virtual practice before the race.
Old 22 Aug 2013, 10:05 (Ref:3292661)   #4716
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How many more times are you going to ignore others telling you there is a gaming section of the forum? Come on, this is about the R18. This has gone on for too long now.

In the real world, out on track, the R18 is sharing the track with what seems an R8 and a 911 Cup Car.
Old 22 Aug 2013, 10:08 (Ref:3292663)   #4717
avvelenamento
Racer

To speak about sims used by F1 teams and lmp1 work teams like audi is so offtopic now? Take a rest please. All we know now is that a black r18 is testing, but we don't know nothing else... so if someone doesn't speak about this is offtopic?
Old 22 Aug 2013, 10:10 (Ref:3292665)   #4718
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
How many more times are you going to ignore others telling you there is a gaming section of the forum? Come on, this is about the R18. This has gone on for too long now.

In the real world, out on track, the R18 is sharing the track with what seems an R8 and a 911 Cup Car.
I don't know who you're talking to. But the R18 is being discussed, even if its about its virtual tests. That is a part of its developmentn right?
Old 22 Aug 2013, 10:22 (Ref:3292668)   #4719
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I don't know who you're talking to. But the R18 is being discussed, even if its about its virtual tests. That is a part of its developmentn right?
No one in particular. But as far as I can tell, there's been over a page of arguing about GT vs Forza or whatever, not a lot of discussion about the R18.

And there's not a lot to discuss, I keep coming back hoping there's real news but there's a lot of discussion about gaming instead, loosely tied to the Audi R18 sim work.

Mind you I'm probably grumpy because I haven't had my morning coffee yet.
Old 22 Aug 2013, 10:26 (Ref:3292670)   #4720
avvelenamento
Racer

I suspect he was talking to me.
Old 22 Aug 2013, 10:34 (Ref:3292675)   #4721
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I don't think any video game is very close to the real thing, but surely these team's simulators are within tenths of a second and are very accurate.
The GT6 demo that was made available as part of the Nissan GTAcademy is very good and if the hype is to be believed, will have different performance based on tyres, suspension, weight distribution.

That would suggest another step towards closing the gap Between Game, Sim and Reality
Old 22 Aug 2013, 10:48 (Ref:3292681)   #4722
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
I suspect he was talking to me.
I wasn't talking to anyone in particular, don't worry. I'd woken up the wrong side of bed. I'm not a mod, carry on as you are...
Old 22 Aug 2013, 11:34 (Ref:3292696)   #4723
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I wasn't talking to anyone in particular, don't worry. I'd woken up the wrong side of bed. I'm not a mod, carry on as you are...
Actually let's carry on with Audi talk and leave the gaming discussion for another thread.
Old 23 Aug 2013, 21:14 (Ref:3293232)   #4724
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, Thank you.

And for future reference. Talking about actual professional simulators for development of the car, should be ok.
But when the word "Game", such as Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport is mentioned, it should only be discussed in the Gaming section, as it's more relevant for gaming, than development of the car.
Hope we car agree on this (Not to be a dictator )
Old 26 Aug 2013, 06:41 (Ref:3294020)   #4725
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2012 r18 ultra was on display or more like in a display at sonoma this weekend during the Indy race behind the sim raceway building.super stoked I got to see it even if its behind a glass.