Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Nov 2021, 12:08 (Ref:4083184)   #451
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The WSR Beemers looked better in white.
Old 13 Nov 2021, 12:15 (Ref:4083186)   #452
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
now let the menu be complete and have Cicely in white too ....
Old 13 Nov 2021, 12:19 (Ref:4083188)   #453
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Anyone else seen the fuelling around with Neal and Harvey recently? I thought it was great, particularly the bit about Harvey leaving a note on Plato's car. With Matt Neal's story about wanting points on his license; I believe he was talking about 2012 when Plato was in the MG, but Plato just didn't know which of the many incidents in Snetterton he was referring to!

But the way Tim Harvey talked kept implying that Neal was still racing in the BTCC. I'm convinced he will be back
Old 13 Nov 2021, 13:03 (Ref:4083198)   #454
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Oh yes - I can imagine it here now:

BTC get a white-base sponsor.
Laser Tools - White
WSR - White
Ciceley - White
Toyota - White
Ecelr8's new sponsor - White
Cataclean increased exposure - White
PMR's new sponsor - White
RoKiT expansion - White

We can stop the whingeing about too many black cars then.
Old 13 Nov 2021, 13:09 (Ref:4083200)   #455
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Oh yes - I can imagine it here now:

BTC get a white-base sponsor.
Laser Tools - White
WSR - White
Ciceley - White
Toyota - White
Ecelr8's new sponsor - White
Cataclean increased exposure - White
PMR's new sponsor - White
RoKiT expansion - White

We can stop the whingeing about too many black cars then.
But that's All-WHITE, isn't it?
Old 13 Nov 2021, 21:40 (Ref:4083317)   #456
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Alain Menu??
Old 13 Nov 2021, 22:34 (Ref:4083325)   #457
porsche962fan
Veteran

been waiting for someone to make that reference
Old 13 Nov 2021, 22:35 (Ref:4083326)   #458
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
But that's All-WHITE, isn't it?
but Michael told us that it's doesn't matter if black or white

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2AitTPI5U0
Old 13 Nov 2021, 23:41 (Ref:4083336)   #459
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
but Michael told us that it's doesn't matter if black or white

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2AitTPI5U0
No I didn't! (I know what you meant but that's my name too)
Old 15 Nov 2021, 12:50 (Ref:4083587)   #460
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...-test/6784570/

Jordan King tested for Motorbase.

Rumours MB Motorsport departing the Motorbase set up and where Hill may end up..
Old 15 Nov 2021, 12:52 (Ref:4083589)   #461
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Jordan King (GP2 / Indycar) tested with Motorbase

Although the fact he is looking for a professional (i.e. paid) drive means the chances of him racing in BTCC next year will be somewhere south of slim.
Old 15 Nov 2021, 13:05 (Ref:4083591)   #462
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It would be quite a career change for King. When I first saw the headline I thought they might be talking about Harry King. But still if Jordan King is interested in the BTCC, then who's to say it definitely won't happen?
Old 15 Nov 2021, 13:13 (Ref:4083597)   #463
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post

Jordan King tested for Motorbase.

Rumours MB Motorsport departing the Motorbase set up and where Hill may end up..
Yes - a lot of hinted at stuff in the article:

Motorbase also tested four drivers - Lewis Kent, Dan Zelos, Andy Godfrey and Luke Pinder.
Hill - 'It’s time really to make the next step commercially, and I can’t do this forever without earning a wage out of it. Being under the management of Mark [Blundell] and his team, it becomes a bit more stable.'
P Osborne - “We’ve got a massive partner joining us for next year – I’ve never been so excited.”
King - “It’s a cool championship, good racing, and if I can make it a pure professional drive then I’ll look into it, but it very much comes down to that.”
Old 15 Nov 2021, 13:21 (Ref:4083601)   #464
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massive news - honestly I don't think King will be there and if it'll probably be quite a short stay in the series but would be great to have such a name in the BTCC.
Also, interesting to see that Osborne mentioned a big sponsor coming for 2022, that could be pretty nice.
I'm a bit surprised about news of Blundell departing, I sort of hoped it'd be more of a long-standing relationship. As long as Hill gets a competitive drive and (first and foremost) stays in the BTCC, it's fine. Wonder where Blundell may go - I suppose he's not departing BTCC altogether, is he?
Old 15 Nov 2021, 13:25 (Ref:4083603)   #465
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I'm a bit surprised about news of Blundell departing, I sort of hoped it'd be more of a long-standing relationship. As long as Hill gets a competitive drive and (first and foremost) stays in the BTCC, it's fine. Wonder where Blundell may go - I suppose he's not departing BTCC altogether, is he?
You might see the MB Partners-related sponsorship reduced in BTCC, but I think Hill's plan is to be back:

“I really did enjoy this year with Motorbase a lot, and it’s set me up hopefully for another good year in 2022.”
Old 15 Nov 2021, 13:28 (Ref:4083604)   #466
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep by the sound of it, Hill will be back but it may be uncertain at times. Quite sad that MB's sort of scaled down their involvement. To be honest, I haven't even noticed that!
Old 15 Nov 2021, 14:57 (Ref:4083613)   #467
cameronpoe
Rookie

cameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Jordan King (GP2 / Indycar) tested with Motorbase

Although the fact he is looking for a professional (i.e. paid) drive means the chances of him racing in BTCC next year will be somewhere south of slim.
By professional , he means can he activate his personal sponsors to make his drive pay, i.e takes Money from the Sponsorship to pay himself as well as the team. that is the BTCC model a lot of drivers try, so he wont know unless he sees for himself what is possible.
Old 15 Nov 2021, 17:27 (Ref:4083640)   #468
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Yes - a lot of hinted at stuff in the article:

Motorbase also tested four drivers - Lewis Kent, Dan Zelos, Andy Godfrey and Luke Pinder.[/I]
As part of the price for winning other Goodyear supported series. MB have been running the Dunlop/Goodyear prize drives for a few years; you shouldn't necessarily read anything more into it.
Old 15 Nov 2021, 18:33 (Ref:4083648)   #469
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Jake Hill to WSR has been mentioned on reddit.

I would like to see Jordan King in the BTCC, and I've no idea how good he'd be. Jordan King has actually occasionally attended my local karting track, and I can proudly say that my fastest time around there is two tenths quicker than his! (clearly I should be a professional racing driver ).
Old 15 Nov 2021, 20:39 (Ref:4083672)   #470
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cammish saying he’d like to think he’ll be back next season is more exciting that King given his past record
Old 16 Nov 2021, 16:17 (Ref:4083814)   #471
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Cammish saying he’d like to think he’ll be back next season is more exciting that King given his past record
Definitely agree. King I can’t see doing anything at the same level as Dan.
Old 16 Nov 2021, 17:04 (Ref:4083825)   #472
AJD
Rookie

AJD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Definitely agree. King I can’t see doing anything at the same level as Dan.
For some reason I like the idea of Dan somewhere other than Team Dynamics. No idea why mind. But I agree he proved in his previous seasons that he certainly has enough to win the title just needs that little bit of luck.
Old 16 Nov 2021, 17:37 (Ref:4083837)   #473
BTCC frog
Veteran

Fun fact:

Despite the fact that they were on the grid together for 23 years, there is not a single driver in the history of the championship who has been teammate to both Jason Plato and Matt Neal.
Old 16 Nov 2021, 17:41 (Ref:4083840)   #474
porsche962fan
Veteran

there was one which came closest

ALAIN MENU

in 2007 he drove for VX Racing at final round and while Neal still was at Honda he essentially drove like a VX driver in that race as he signed for next year with them
Old 16 Nov 2021, 17:51 (Ref:4083843)   #475
BTCC frog
Veteran

Quote:
there was one which came closest

ALAIN MENU

in 2007 he drove for VX Racing at final round and while Neal still was at Honda he essentially drove like a VX driver in that race as he signed for next year with them

That 2007 finale was not the BTCC's finest hour. Somehow, a season finale with Plato and Giovanardi almost level on points and on the same row of the grid ended up being a complete farce, with Neal's letting the Vauxhalls through and not Plato the worst thing that happened, but also Plato cutting the chicane to get closer to the Vauxhalls.