Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 16 Aug 2005, 20:42 (Ref:1384020)   #451
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Here are the provisional result for Round 7. The server replay is here.

I would like to take this opportunity to voice my displeasure with Richard Crozier and Aysedasi, who at the last minute, had the audacity to nick my pole position and dump me in third. THIRD I tell you!

One thing that is interesting is that most of us effectively did a race distance in qually.

Code:
Track: Monza             Tue Aug 16 21:22:34 2005

PRACTICE TIMES

Pos No Driver                           Team     Nat      Time      Diff Laps
 1  12  Aysedasi                        Lotus    GBR 1m28.169s             20
 2  16 Richard Crozier                  Eagle    GBR 1m28.216s   00.047s   22
 3   4  Spudgun                         Lotus    GBR 1m28.276s   00.107s   21
 4  11 Peter Stenning                   Eagle    GBR 1m29.373s   01.204s   18
 5   8 Scott Gelsthorpe                 Eagle    GBR 1m30.103s   01.934s   22
 6  10 The FLC                          Lotus    GBR 1m30.676s   02.507s   17

All times are official
Generated with GPL Replay Analyser

Track: Monza             Tue Aug 16 21:22:34 2005

RACE RESULTS (After 21 laps)

Pos No Driver                          Team     Nat Laps   Race Time       Diff
 1  16 Richard Crozier                 Eagle    GBR   21  31m34.965s            
 2   4  Spudgun                        Lotus    GBR   21  31m36.105s    01.140s 
 3  12  Aysedasi                       Lotus    GBR   21  31m36.359s    01.394s 
 4   8 Scott Gelsthorpe                Eagle    GBR   21  32m07.061s    32.096s 
 5  11 Peter Stenning                  Eagle    GBR   21  32m39.766s  1m04.801s 
 6  10 The FLC                         Lotus    GBR   18  32m44.458s   3 lap(s) 

Race results are unofficial
(Replay might have been saved before end of race)

RACE FASTEST LAPS

Pos Driver                                 Time Lap
 1   Aysedasi                         1m28.243s  21
 2   Spudgun                          1m28.473s  20
 3  Richard Crozier                   1m28.782s  17
 4  Peter Stenning                    1m29.381s  14
 5  Scott Gelsthorpe                  1m30.180s  20
 6  The FLC                           1m33.768s  17

LEADERS

Driver                           Laps
Richard Crozier                  1-2
 Spudgun                         3
Richard Crozier                  4-21

Number of lead changes: 2
Number of leaders: 2

LAPS LED

Driver                           Laps led
Richard Crozier                  20
 Spudgun                         1

HIGHEST CLIMBER

Driver                           Start Finish  Change
Scott Gelsthorpe                     5      4       1  
Richard Crozier                      2      1       1  
 Spudgun                             3      2       1  
The FLC                              6      6       0  
Peter Stenning                       4      5      -1  
 Aysedasi                            1      3      -2  

ON TRACK LAPS

Driver                           Laps/Total    Percent
 Spudgun                            (19/21)      90.48
Richard Crozier                     (18/21)      85.71
Scott Gelsthorpe                    (18/21)      85.71
 Aysedasi                           (17/21)      80.95
Peter Stenning                      (16/21)      76.19
The FLC                              (0/18)       0.00

RACE LAPTIME CONSISTENCY
(first lap excluded)

Driver                    Avg Deviation  Std Deviation  Avg Laptime   Laps
 Aysedasi                         0.425          0.562    1m29.148s     21
Richard Crozier                   0.663          1.035    1m29.931s     21
Scott Gelsthorpe                  0.672          1.005    1m31.338s     21
 Spudgun                          1.333          2.803    1m29.945s     21
Peter Stenning                    3.441          5.645    1m32.318s     21
The FLC                           7.940          9.763    1m48.075s     18
Old 17 Aug 2005, 05:34 (Ref:1384279)   #452
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What a terrific race!

I ran wide at CG on L1 as I foolishly left Rich ground to go through (rather than risking carnage) and then as I got on the grass recovering, the FLC spun in front of me, taking me out. One of those things but the shift R meant that I had a lot of catching up to do. I caught Spud by about L10 and then had a brilliant dice with him for lap after lap. I was so much faster through CG and Para but lost out again through the Lesmos. Just great fun. The pair of us reeled Rich in over the last couple of laps. I didn't win but pole and FL restored my confidence a little.......
Old 17 Aug 2005, 08:54 (Ref:1384392)   #453
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What a fantastic race! The only thing that annoyed me was that Richard went off at Parabolica handing me the lead and then I did the same thing the very next lap! Unfortunately it took vital seconds trying to get out of the gravel trap and he sailed past. When I came round on the next lap the pitboard said 8 seconds to Rich so I put the hammer down to get him.

I was taking about a second a lap out of him, but I knew Ayse wasn't far behind. Then in the middle of the race I had a couple of scrappy laps, mainly going too hot into Lesmo 1 allowing Ayse to cruise up to the back of me. I must admit I was a little cautious at Parabolica after I slithered off on lap 3.

At this point Rich was 3 seconds up the road, but myself and Ayse were having a bit of a scrap, or maybe handbags at dawn depending on how you want to look at it, so that pegged the time to Rich a bit. I think I had a comfortable setup because when I have I can change my lines confident that I'm not going to fly off the road. I haven't seen the replay yet, but I left room at CG and Parabolica a couple of times because I thought Ayse may have been trying to steam through!

I think Rich may have had some sort of problem on the penultimate lap and we closed right up on him for what I think from memory is the closest finish of the podium positions we've ever had! Even though I got mugged for my pole position and didn't win, the race was fantastic!
Old 17 Aug 2005, 11:46 (Ref:1384534)   #454
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My biggest mistake was on the run down to CG one lap. You made a bit of a pigs ear of the exit from Parabolica and I ran side by side with you along the straight - but I was on the right. In fact, I think I was probably a nose ahead for most of the way towards CG, but I couldn't keep looking left as I had to ready myself for the corner. I knew you were still there coz I could hear the engine, but I chickened out and backed off. You were obviously committed to the line so I think if I had tried to brave it out, it would have been curtains for both of us......

I was also relatively pleased with my times too. For the first 2/3rd of practice, I was all over the place, just about getting into the 28s. I was using a Prydden set up but I just couldn't get my braking right for Parabolica - I went off there three laps in a row! With not very many minutes to go I came in and cha ged to a Wilke. Once I'd adjusted the brake balance it felt excellent, hence I managed to pip the two of you to pole on my very last lap

So I did a 1:28.17 in practice and a 1:28.24 in the race. My race best in the Lotus is still 1:28.08, so getting close. Not close enough to my overall Monza PB which is still a 1:27.89. But it gives me a little bit of encouragement that I haven't lost it completely
Old 17 Aug 2005, 18:13 (Ref:1384877)   #455
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
My biggest mistake was on the run down to CG one lap. You made a bit of a pigs ear of the exit from Parabolica and I ran side by side with you along the straight - but I was on the right. In fact, I think I was probably a nose ahead for most of the way towards CG, but I couldn't keep looking left as I had to ready myself for the corner. I knew you were still there coz I could hear the engine, but I chickened out and backed off. You were obviously committed to the line so I think if I had tried to brave it out, it would have been curtains for both of us......
Well, I knew you were there, but wasn't entirely sure where. But I thought I didn't want to give away the place without a fight so I purposely went wide into CG to give you room in case you were going brake later than me and try something up the inside. Great fun!
Old 17 Aug 2005, 19:20 (Ref:1384920)   #456
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can I join any races you fella's have? Is it standard GPL with 67' cars you run or with mods?

Let me know when you race, I'll try to drop in Hopefully I won't lag too far behind

Cheers
Old 17 Aug 2005, 20:43 (Ref:1385029)   #457
TheFLC
Rookie

England
Telford, UK
TheFLC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I'm glad you guys enjoyed yourselves, my stats speak for themselves 0/18 on track laps lol.

Now you realise I wasn't joking when I claimed the gravel trap as my own. Spud, we'll talk about monies owed later :P

Still, it's another 6th place for me
Old 17 Aug 2005, 21:05 (Ref:1385058)   #458
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
carsreunited should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FLC. What brake bias do you use? I did about 7 laps of the replay in your car (Nice J-Turn by the way!) and you look like you have the same problem I had in the Lotus. The back seems to brake away under hard braking into the Parabolica and make the car unstable. Bar 1 lap, that seemed to be causing all your grief.

I would guess you are using 52% brake bias. 55% seemed more predictable for me.

Az, welcome. Hope to see you out there once the authorities have sanctioned your entry!

Scott
Dolomite Sprint #86, 2006 CTCRC Post Historic CHAMPIONSHIP
Old 17 Aug 2005, 22:05 (Ref:1385126)   #459
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az
Can I join any races you fella's have? Is it standard GPL with 67' cars you run or with mods?

Let me know when you race, I'll try to drop in Hopefully I won't lag too far behind

Cheers
Course you can Az. It's open to all Ten-Tenths Members.

If you take a look at the first post on the thread, it has all the rules and the calendar. We are running the standard '67 cars with the Bandwidth patch installed.

Have you taken part in online racing before using WinVROC? We set the races up on there. We also have a chatroom set up where we meet on race nights. The races are basically once a fortnight on a Tuesday starting at 20:00 BST with 40 minutes practice followed by an Intermediate Long race. Penciling in 90 minutes for the evening should be a safe bet.

We pre-select which cars we are going to use for each round. The selections for rounds 6-10 were made after round 5. Since we have 3 rounds left if you would like to post which chassis you would like to use for those rounds on this thread that would be great.

Welcome aboard!
Old 18 Aug 2005, 23:37 (Ref:1385956)   #460
Az
Racer

England
UK
Thanks for the info Spud. Once I posted, I read through the first post, all the info was already there, just wasn't sure if I could join in at this late stage.

Looks like I missed my favourite track, Monza. All the others are addon tracks which I don't have. If you do have a "fun race" at one of the standard Papy tracks let me know, I'd like to join in.

BTW yes I have the patches and have no problems with VROC.

Cheers
Az
Old 23 Aug 2005, 08:17 (Ref:1389002)   #461
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to Pirenzo for its win at Mexico and a great comeback from Richard at Monza

BTW, sorry for being absent for two races, but I think you know what races at August mean, at least for a 23 year old portuguese boy who lives with his parents lolol
Old 23 Aug 2005, 11:47 (Ref:1389208)   #462
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
Hi Gil, good to see you back.

What sort of times do you fast guys do at East London? I'm trying to work out how many times I'm going to be lapped!

Scott
Old 23 Aug 2005, 12:30 (Ref:1389249)   #463
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
East London.... I wonder if I should bother...... (yes, I hate that place!)
Old 23 Aug 2005, 13:22 (Ref:1389278)   #464
petestenning
Veteran

petestenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsreunited
Hi Gil, good to see you back.

What sort of times do you fast guys do at East London? I'm trying to work out how many times I'm going to be lapped!

Scott
Me also i dont like the place either but will percy veer

anything under 3 minute Scott will see you ahead of me lol.

Pete
Old 23 Aug 2005, 15:12 (Ref:1389358)   #465
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
I'm sure we will have a good old ding dong scrap as usual!

I hate the place as well. I think it took me 15 minutes to even manage a lap without falling off. Even worse that I'm using the Honda which I've only ever done 10 laps at Mexico in by accident because I thought it was the Cooper!

I think I did a 1:26 last night. It was a second slower than the record held by the AI but as with most tracks, the faster guys are probably under that by 5 seconds!

Scott
Old 24 Aug 2005, 00:40 (Ref:1389789)   #466
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm at school now, and Tuesday afternoons are an empty slate. What races are left? Hopefully, I can join in on them.
Old 27 Aug 2005, 02:08 (Ref:1392271)   #467
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We have a race on Tuesday right?

Sounds like Monza was a good race. Still, my visit to Monza was a heck of a lot better (IMO)

Old 27 Aug 2005, 08:47 (Ref:1392342)   #468
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
are you aloud to go into the banking?
Old 27 Aug 2005, 19:54 (Ref:1392630)   #469
Az
Racer

England
UK
Nice pic

Yeh I'd like to do a 'fun' race at Monza. It's one track I'm not too bad at... Do you ever race Sunday evenings? Or only weekday evenings?
Old 28 Aug 2005, 13:00 (Ref:1392951)   #470
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can do races on Sundays if anyone is around to host. I can't. We've been back home one day and my brother has broken the PC again. (4 times in one year, must be some kind of record, but it is truly screwed this time...). Guess it'll be another race on the laptop come Tuesday...
Old 29 Aug 2005, 12:48 (Ref:1393671)   #471
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsreunited
I'm sure we will have a good old ding dong scrap as usual!

I hate the place as well. I think it took me 15 minutes to even manage a lap without falling off. Even worse that I'm using the Honda which I've only ever done 10 laps at Mexico in by accident because I thought it was the Cooper!

I think I did a 1:26 last night. It was a second slower than the record held by the AI but as with most tracks, the faster guys are probably under that by 5 seconds!

Scott
I've just done a 1:24.86, but thats more than two seconds off my PB. Driving on a laptop is hard. I feel really detached from the experience if you see what I mean. BTW, looks like a hard drive failure on my usual PC.
Old 29 Aug 2005, 21:11 (Ref:1394039)   #472
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
Its Butts kink into the esses that I'm struggling with. I lift off the power just before Butts and then trail brake to the esses. The car seems very unbalanced and due to that, it doesn't brake evenly. I probably only get this corner half right 50% of the time.

I do like turn 1 though as I've perfected drifting the whole corner. Its not the quickest way but it looks cool on the replays!

Have you got a recent back up of the hard drive that failed? If you are desperate for a replacement hard drive, I could ask the company above me at work who service and repair PC's. I'm sure they would have an OK used one you could have for zip.

Scott
Old 29 Aug 2005, 21:31 (Ref:1394061)   #473
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
No, I haven't got any back-up. Its no real problem. If it's gone, it's gone.
Thanks for the offer with the HD, but I was talking to my dad earlier and he also suggested since we were going to spend the money on the hard drive we "may as well upgrade the RAM while we're at it". So I'd get a hard drive and new RAM at no personal cost to me, so long as my dad still has that 'while we're spending the money on the hard drive' attitude

Anyway, back on topic, I've driven several laps on the laptop now (most were testing core.ini adjustments to try and get some decent performance from the laptop graphics card) and my two fastest laps couldn't be more different. One I missed all the apexes bar the final two corners, the other I hit them all perfectly and only went a thousandth or so faster It seems that those final two corners are pretty important though, as is the exit from the Esses.
Old 29 Aug 2005, 22:11 (Ref:1394086)   #474
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did a 1:23.9 a few days ago. But went off 3 times in the space of a 13 lap race...

And besides, I think it's fairly irrelevent anyway, unfortunately. Because my connection isn't working upstairs, and the man probably won't be round for a few days to fix it.

I might consider doing the race on this old tin can. But I promised myself I wouldn't bother going back to the dark ages.

So it's all up in the air atm...
Old 29 Aug 2005, 22:25 (Ref:1394095)   #475
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
What's wrong with it exactly?
If you have it working downstairs (I presume that's where you are anyway!) then its obviously at your upstairs computer end.

I've found my pace again since my post #471 of this thread, and have managed a 23s fairly easily, 22s when I try harder and have once dipped into the very late 21s.

I've found I'm a lot more comfortable now I've switched the driver arms off. My PC monitor is so huge that it doesn't fit on the desk facing me so it goes to one side at an angle, so the MOMO would always be off to the left slightly as I looked at the screen.
With my laptop stacked on some books to raise it to the correct height I can have it directly infront of me so suddenly it felt awfully peculiar with two wheels (one real, one virtual) in vision.