Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Apr 2006, 10:09 (Ref:1590674)   #451
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldmaninaskirt
Secondly.....there only two words that need to be said
RULE BOOK.
Last time i looked everyone was able to read, if its not written down you cant do it. if it is written down you cant ask permission not to do it.
Officials need to know the rules just as much as every competitor and crew member!!!!!!!
Probably the most accurate part of this whole thread.

If you run illegal components you will get caught.
If you drive a car contrary to the series regulations you will get caught.

If you get caught, you get punished.

You are responsible for your own motorsport destiny!

The rumour, innuendo and accusation levelled at particular people for making others' aware of regulatory indiscretions is poor form when in the end they are proven correct.

Verbal permission is worth the paper it is signed on.

Lets move on shall we. If this thread gets any more haircuts, I will need a new pair of scissors!!
Old 21 Apr 2006, 10:26 (Ref:1590689)   #452
jjd
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
jjd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Probably the most accurate part of this whole thread.

If you run illegal components you will get caught.
If you drive a car contrary to the series regulations you will get caught.

If you get caught, you get punished.

You are responsible for your own motorsport destiny!

The rumour, innuendo and accusation levelled at particular people for making others' aware of regulatory indiscretions is poor form when in the end they are proven correct.

Verbal permission is worth the paper it is signed on.

Lets move on shall we. If this thread gets any more haircuts, I will need a new pair of scissors!!

You would think so, but due to the nature of NZ motorsport and the so called 'test' session resulting in points lost, even though it was okay by the higher power.

Rules mean nothing at the momment, the body that runs the class and rules are looking seriously out of shape at the momment.

A rule book riddled with so many holes is hardly solid, if anything it needs some earthquake strengthning.

Last edited by jjd; 21 Apr 2006 at 10:28.
Old 21 Apr 2006, 11:00 (Ref:1590730)   #453
sov12
Rookie

sov12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlood
We have had this debate, and Foggy came in and denied it was him.

I for one dont believe anyone in his position would do that to a team mate and more importantly a sponser. The sport is too small to get away with it.

And if Kayne has done something else outside the rules, why shouldnt he be treated the same way??

The whole series is coming to anti climax, you are right about that, but you cant lay the blame on one driver.
The previous poster nailed it exactly.
Last year in the deep south Fogg did the same thing. He saw the balanced /
lightened crank & a different carb metering plate on his team mates car.
He fired the bullets at another team thinking they had the same, got it wrong
and the sorry mess landed in Pauls lap.
Headgate yes, he loaded the gun & handed it to others to fire.
Sending txts Re Scott yes.
Mr Fogg is desperate to perform, maybe an unhappy sponsor, who knows.
However the truth is Fogg did use Pauls engine done south & be assured
a number of other teams know and even with the seals gone this matter
will be persued by others who feel Fogg has reached the low of his carreer.
Old 21 Apr 2006, 11:17 (Ref:1590745)   #454
sov12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Agreed in part!! We need the volunteers however we should be looking to the AVESCO example as the governing body rather than a group of enthusiast administrators that in the main are either well past their use by date or they have an agenda of their very own.
Governance of the sport should be in the hands of the commercially savvy.
Too true.
Every year the teams are asked to lift the level & from the top to the bottom they all do. MSNZ haven't even made it to the track yet let alone lined up
on the dummy grid. A bunch of tired self servers looking after there mates
more interested in the free drinks on offer. A technical dept whose main
scrutineer lubed rent a dent cars as his previous occupation. Say no more.
A promotor who is inept and offers so little to the sport.
Lets hope after this complete shambles R Armstrong has the ability
to clean out the dead wood currently in MSNZ
Old 21 Apr 2006, 11:20 (Ref:1590748)   #455
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Its a volunteer-led organisation

Are you willing to get off your soap box long enough to replace the incumbents?
Old 21 Apr 2006, 12:21 (Ref:1590820)   #456
sov12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Its a volunteer-led organisation

Are you willing to get off your soap box long enough to replace the incumbents?
The Executive do get recovery of costs.
GM & staff paid.
However I didnt realise volunteer -led had to mean incompetent.
MSNZ need to get out of the club mentality and start treating it as a business.
Lets not forget Franchise holders, teams at all levels of the sport spend a considerable amount of money and as shareholders/clients of MSNZ
derserve a governing body that acts with transperancy, professionalism &
integrity.
Currently in the v8 class this is not the case. Point in case; Look at the Tocal/MSNZ set up. Tech committees that have a vested interest,
an independent chairman who drives in the series, a techie who builds
engines for the class,controlled parts suppliers who a given contracts by
the paid v8 co-ordinator
without tendering, a promotor who doesnt have to compete against
other marketing companies etc etc.
Am I on a soap box, too right I am.
Im sure avesco dont opperate like this & if they did I bet you would
be joining me on your own soap box.
Im thick, why do they call it a "soap" box ?
Old 21 Apr 2006, 12:39 (Ref:1590830)   #457
sov12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
This is a fiasco and the ineptitude of the governing officials of our favourite sport needs to be questioned in a real Court of New Zealand over this matter.
Sausage,
You may get your wish on this matter.
At least two teams along with their backers are currently looking
at this as one of their options. MSNZ may need to call for donations
to fight these teams & my gut feeling is their inept handling
of recent events could be their downfall.
Definitly not what the sport needs, but if you dont get justice
thru the old boys network what other alternative is left for the teams.
Old 21 Apr 2006, 20:10 (Ref:1591187)   #458
Muzzy
Rookie

Antarctica
Muzzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, anger AND agreement from almost everyone - a first for this forum.

Firstly, with regards Headgate, Scott's testing, etc, GTR is on the money - follow the bloody rules and there won't be any problems! Verbal permission for Scott to test? Excuse me, but I thought that was expressly prohibted, so since when does anyone at MSNZ, no matter who they are, get to arbitrarily change the rules for a competitor?

The management of the NZV8's, and by extension MSNZ, is a shambles. But like governments, the voters get what they deserve. We have the same old tired, ineffectual people at the top in MSNZ because year after year they go unopposed. If people who cared bothered to stand, and others bothered to cast their votes then maybe things would change, but I guess at the end of the day the members just don't care enough.

I agree with others - MSNZ has to go professional and commercial. A governing board should be elected regularly, but the operation of the whole shebang should be run by paid employees who either deliver the goods or push off.

Enough ranting - I'm out the door to Puke, and no matter what legal crap descends on the class I am going to enjoy myself 1000%!!! YEEEHAAA!
Old 22 Apr 2006, 02:31 (Ref:1591425)   #459
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
News Flash!!

Is it true that Angus Fogg is running a vernier adjustable cam gear in his engine and has access to the front cover? Thats the noise being made in the pits. Could be wrong but the info i have gathered recently in my last postings has not been wrong
Old 22 Apr 2006, 09:20 (Ref:1591616)   #460
Oldmaninaskirt
Rookie

Oldmaninaskirt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911
News Flash!!

Is it true that Angus Fogg is running a vernier adjustable cam gear in his engine and has access to the front cover? Thats the noise being made in the pits. Could be wrong but the info i have gathered recently in my last postings has not been wrong
Is this how rumors start,silly little comments made on forums and then blow out of all proportion till it reads.....
New Flash
Angus's engine has venerial crabs and has access to a wooden door......

He does not have any of the above mentioned....nor does he have a vernier cam timing gear with access through the front
Old 22 Apr 2006, 09:25 (Ref:1591625)   #461
Oldmaninaskirt
Rookie

Thank you to GTR and Muzzy for being the select few that actually have brains to be able to read and understand how rule books work, glad to see you here, keep up the good job.
As for others that just like pointing fingers and calling each other names.....worse than a damn preschool.
Its time to Accept penalties as laid out in rule books, and get on with business....Build and Race LEGAL cars.
Old 22 Apr 2006, 09:36 (Ref:1591633)   #462
Oldmaninaskirt
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaso
Brillant, nicely put, our governing body needs to either be strong enough to put up (eg make a decision) and stand by what they have decided.
HMMM but if their decision is contrary to what the rules allow us to do that is still ok....hmmm maybe some one should have asked if they could run non compliant heads and another could run fuel injection and a super charger, or naked down the front straight......OK

Get Real, the rule book is there to ask, not officials to get around a rule.If the officials dont know the rules find someone who does! then there wouldnt have been a problem.
Old 22 Apr 2006, 09:44 (Ref:1591638)   #463
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
[QUOTE=Muzzy]Wow, anger AND agreement from almost everyone - a first for this forum.

Enough ranting - I'm out the door to Puke, and no matter what legal crap descends on the class I am going to enjoy myself 1000%!!! YEEEHAAA![/
QUOTE]

Right on the money Muzz. Me too. WOW-weee. What a day THAT was. Far too much to relate but it was happening all over the place. Its the MAGIC that is PUKEKOHE. Every year its gotten better and this year somebody even thought of the kids and brought a mini-funfair with them. Traffic from armhole to breakfast time but who cares.

Bugger Hamilton and a street race, THIS is where it has to be. Hands up those that want to sit or stand on a street corner and hear far far more than they can actually see AND, after todays events in the GT3 race, just how fast can you run when something comes at ya and there ISNT a 4 Metre catch fence? A oncer,? maybe, but now its happened there will be no excuse for not 'thinking' that it could happen again. It was pretty worrying to see it coming our way, I was in the Rat Stand but 4 rows up and just to the side but twas close enough for me thankyou. There were others that frequent this thread that were equelly as close too. Thank goodness Dean was 'o.k.' though and the other one involved too of course.

Back on Topic. Foggy was uncatchable today. Searing. The devil in me wondered if he didnt DARE let them catch him. It was ironic to see both Johnny Mac and Kayne imediately behind Angus for the whole race but unable to catch him. Good cleanish racing though but with my man Andy B being dealt a cruel blow and puncture as a result. Harder to get that top step on the Podium tomorrow but trust me on this, he will prevail............................
Brilliant day and I gotta do it all again tomorrow and THIS time I might be able to SIT in my rather expensive seat. (Being thrown out of thye grandstand was a tiny price to pay for a good outcome for the GT3 set.)
Old 22 Apr 2006, 09:58 (Ref:1591643)   #464
sov12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldmaninaskirt
Thank you to GTR and Muzzy for being the select few that actually have brains to be able to read and understand how rule books work, glad to see you here, keep up the good job.
As for others that just like pointing fingers and calling each other names.....worse than a damn preschool.
Its time to Accept penalties as laid out in rule books, and get on with business....Build and Race LEGAL cars.
Wow A wise man Oldmaninaskirt.
A point to ponder, how do you think Foggs overheating motor has
managed to hang together over the last three rounds, dyno & testing
sessions. Mabe its a Lynn Rodgers trade secret.
Gee, I wonder what Fogg said to Kane & Johnny on the back of the ute whilst
going to the press conference. Maybe if you ask Fogg you may have
just a little understanding as too why a large number of people have
contempt for the man. Fogg has been chucking poo over a number
of people including his team mate for quite some time.
Yes, clear rules are to be adhered to & if you trangress you take
the consequences. The difference here is Fogg used his position
as a Tocal tech advisor & team mate of Paul to put the knife in
whilst he was using the same engines.
A hollow victory for Fogg but I have a quietly confident smile
that all will come out as justice to all will prevail. If you are going to
dump on people make sure you are squeaky clean Fogg.
Old 22 Apr 2006, 10:02 (Ref:1591647)   #465
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
Back OFF topic for a mere instant if I may. We are all aware of the NZ Summer Racing Series.

Well over a year ago, Mike Weeks had that 'innocent looking' accident,(innocent in comparison to say, todays Event,) in his Lightning fast # 98 GT3, at Teratonga. It was a real joy then, for me to 'bump' into him, and his family, at Pukekohe and to have a word with them. Maybe only his third or fourth outing to a racetrack since last year and he is looking pretty chipper (although he has NEVER been 'pretty' lol.)

Nice to see you Mike. Just keep on keepin' on. Soon have you bolted into one of those darned cars again......
Old 22 Apr 2006, 10:12 (Ref:1591654)   #466
sov12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAZzzzz c
Back OFF topic for a mere instant if I may. We are all aware of the NZ Summer Racing Series.

Well over a year ago, Mike Weeks had that 'innocent looking' accident,(innocent in comparison to say, todays Event,) in his Lightning fast # 98 GT3, at Teratonga. It was a real joy then, for me to 'bump' into him, and his family, at Pukekohe and to have a word with them. Maybe only his third or fourth outing to a racetrack since last year and he is looking pretty chipper (although he has NEVER been 'pretty' lol.)

Nice to see you Mike. Just keep on keepin' on. Soon have you bolted into one of those darned cars again......
Excellent to hear Mike was at Puke today. A true gentleman of our
sport. We need more like him around.
Old 22 Apr 2006, 10:16 (Ref:1591658)   #467
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
Indeed Sov and thanks for that. As you say, a true Gent. Its been a loooong road since Teratonga but not much further to go now. magic.
Old 22 Apr 2006, 10:24 (Ref:1591666)   #468
sov12
Rookie

Quote:
Indeed Sov and thanks for that. As you say, a true Gent. Its been a loooong road since Teratonga but not much further to go now. magic.
Do I dear say it BAZzzzz tis a pity the fogg of this world cant apply the
same principles that Mike has done in both his personal & sporting life.
I guess like everything you get the good & the bad.
Old 22 Apr 2006, 10:47 (Ref:1591680)   #469
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
Do you dare say it?? I think you just did ol' son...

Mike could and certainly DID demonstrate some qualities to be envied by a lot of others. Its a strange strange old World sometimes.
Old 22 Apr 2006, 10:49 (Ref:1591681)   #470
carbontub
Racer

carbontub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
on the topic of bad shunts anyone know how Dean Fulford is after his horrific crash today??
Old 22 Apr 2006, 11:02 (Ref:1591690)   #471
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
They said, at the Track that he was largely unhurt whatever that means and I guess you might have seen him waving to the Crowd as he was carried off on a stretcher. I think he was smiling too but its hard to tell when a mans horizontal.
The Roar and the clapping from the Crowd when he emerged from the car was loud and long and something for us all to be proud of. A goood bunch are Motor racing fans. Not sure how the other Guy is and I am lax in not remembering his name.
Old 22 Apr 2006, 11:56 (Ref:1591725)   #472
mrcable
Rookie

mrcable should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
julia has the talent, but maybe not the cash.Wooton is a joke. If you can't qualify within 5 sec you should be gone
Old 22 Apr 2006, 12:28 (Ref:1591736)   #473
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
Quote:
They said, at the Track that he was largely unhurt whatever that means and I guess you might have seen him waving to the Crowd as he was carried off on a stretcher. I think he was smiling too but its hard to tell when a mans horizontal.
The Roar and the clapping from the Crowd when he emerged from the car was loud and long and something for us all to be proud of. A goood bunch are Motor racing fans. Not sure how the other Guy is and I am lax in not remembering his name.
Sorry carbontub. Didnt see that you were from somewhere in the real World and therefore wouldnt have seen Dean Waving on the telly OR at the track.
Just how DID you know about the crash though. ?
Nice of you to show concern from so far away too Thanks
Old 22 Apr 2006, 19:46 (Ref:1592048)   #474
Muzzy
Rookie

Antarctica
Muzzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gearing up to head out the door - rather handy having friends that live in Puke, that traffic looked psychotically bad.

A very entertaining day indeed. A real shame about Murph, let's hope he bounces back strong. Also a real dissapointment for Andy B, but thems the breaks and at least he kept his finishing record in tact. MacIntyre and Pederson proved their points, though only two Holdens in the top 12 qualifying still drives home the inequities (and the amazement at how well Scott and his team have got their car dialed in). Thanks to Dean Fulford and GT3 for the incredible entertainment without harm! Never a good thing to happen, yet that's what the crowds really come for - the paradox of motor racing.

Like others I fear that this season will end in chaos and acrimony as other 'technical infringements' are found, protests are lodged and appealed, etc. I just hope that out of all this MSNZ learns a lot and gets next season locked down.

I hear a few engine changes will be taking place today - gee, must be because everyone has discovered their engines have worn out. Maybe ag reat rule would be that if an engine is swapped it MUST be presented sealed to an MSNZ tech offical for inspection (whether or not they actually do inspect it is up to them, but at least it would help stop people running temporary cheaters).

I enjoyed myself yesterday 1001%, aiming to do better today - heres my fantasy: Booth drives from the back of the pack to the front four, Fogg and Scott then bingle out puting Booth back within mathematical contention, making Race 3 the final from hell. WAHOOOO!
Old 22 Apr 2006, 22:41 (Ref:1592191)   #475
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i don't think anyone was doubt j-mac's driving ability. you must admit it was odd not seeing the hydralink car disappear into the distance.
Closed Thread