Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 16 Jun 2014, 02:36 (Ref:3422355)   #4951
dbagtbag
Racer

Japan
Michigan, USA
dbagtbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddbagtbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Cox himself: http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/n...-mans-in-2015/

iirc it was some one-line rumor/suggestion on some E-I story. Marriot probably read that... but here we go again.
Whatever happened to the announcement of another P1 manu entering that was supposed to happen this Saturday? Did anything come of it? I haven't heard much.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 03:05 (Ref:3422363)   #4952
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nope nothing at all,just got every one riled up and drew attention to race day for all the wrong reasons. We were trolled hard,I'm not paying attention to DSc or sports car 365 anymore
Old 16 Jun 2014, 03:19 (Ref:3422364)   #4953
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So it didn't happen.

But there is two F1 teams at the moment working on a LMP1 project(if it ever races or just stays as a test bed only a very few know at the moment)and another F1 team is thinking about it too.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 07:07 (Ref:3422404)   #4954
templer
Racer

templer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtempler should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
So it didn't happen.

But there is two F1 teams at the moment working on a LMP1 project(if it ever races or just stays as a test bed only a very few know at the moment)and another F1 team is thinking about it too.
One is McLaren with Honda and the other is Ferrari, but which is the third. I don't think Renault or Mercedes is seriously looking for a LMP1.
The latter have always declared that they don't like Le Mans and I don't think this has already changed.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 09:42 (Ref:3422480)   #4955
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
No F1 teams are undertaking an LMP1 project.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 09:50 (Ref:3422485)   #4956
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbagtbag View Post
Whatever happened to the announcement of another P1 manu entering that was supposed to happen this Saturday? Did anything come of it? I haven't heard much.
Naive belief in any badly sourced/unsourced/bullcrap rumor happened. Again.

Old 16 Jun 2014, 10:18 (Ref:3422509)   #4957
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Nope nothing at all,just got every one riled up and drew attention to race day for all the wrong reasons. We were trolled hard,I'm not paying attention to DSc or sports car 365 anymore
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Old 16 Jun 2014, 10:37 (Ref:3422519)   #4958
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
I'm not paying attention to DSc or sports car 365 anymore... for a week.

Old 16 Jun 2014, 10:58 (Ref:3422530)   #4959
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not paying attention to DSc or sports car 365 anymore... or any less.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 14:04 (Ref:3422614)   #4960
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post

If you had been following Graham on twitter you would have known the rumours were not what you thought they were days before the race.

I'm not paying attention to DSc anymore...until my next hourly visit to the site.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 20:16 (Ref:3422746)   #4961
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
I'm not paying attention to DSc or sports car 365 anymore... for a week.

Old 17 Jun 2014, 08:03 (Ref:3422917)   #4962
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The proposed G56 was revealed on the post-race tech part of RLM.

Embarassingly I can't remember the name of the company - I'd been up for 32 hours - but I think its roots go back to some of the earliest editions of Le Mans.

Certainly not a big name and not what I'd call a 'fan favourite' marque. I think that was stretching things a bit there.

But either way Sam Collins said the project is seemingly dead. Not sure if that puts G56 in jeapordy for next year?

Quite frustrating really with so much buzz and nothing actually happening...
Old 17 Jun 2014, 09:12 (Ref:3422943)   #4963
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
The proposed G56 was revealed on the post-race tech part of RLM.

Embarassingly I can't remember the name of the company - I'd been up for 32 hours - but I think its roots go back to some of the earliest editions of Le Mans.

Certainly not a big name and not what I'd call a 'fan favourite' marque. I think that was stretching things a bit there.

But either way Sam Collins said the project is seemingly dead. Not sure if that puts G56 in jeapordy for next year?

Quite frustrating really with so much buzz and nothing actually happening...
If we are listening to the same post race tech talk, I believe you mean Frazer Nash, which participated Le Mans in 1950s.
Old 17 Jun 2014, 09:21 (Ref:3422949)   #4964
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
If we are listening to the same post race tech talk, I believe you mean Frazer Nash, which participated Le Mans in 1950s.
Frazer Nash was indeed the company mentioned in post race tech - and given their involvement in electric powertrain development (http://www.frazer-nash.com/) it's not completely inconceivable that they were at some stage involved in a Garage 56 project, and it is equally perfectly possible that this project is dead.
Old 17 Jun 2014, 11:08 (Ref:3422999)   #4965
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yep that's the one! Thank you.

Hopefully someone, somewhere, can pull together a G56 entry for next year.

If not I'd like to see them throw in a GT500 car or a DP just for a bit of variety (in the Le Mans tradition), novelty and the additional talking point it would bring.
Old 17 Jun 2014, 11:49 (Ref:3423025)   #4966
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Yep that's the one! Thank you.

Hopefully someone, somewhere, can pull together a G56 entry for next year.

If not I'd like to see them throw in a GT500 car or a DP just for a bit of variety (in the Le Mans tradition), novelty and the additional talking point it would bring.
Can't see a DP happening due to crash-box issues, even in G56. That's not to say I wouldn't like an entry from a DP team, but I think a hybrid GT300 entrant would be more likely as it also ticks the "showcasing new technology" box.

At what point will G56 have to be set aside and the entry given to someone on the reserve list?
Old 17 Jun 2014, 13:15 (Ref:3423054)   #4967
deggis
Veteran

Finland
I'm still confused that was this Frazer Nash project really supposed to be announced last Saturday? How lousy such project has to be if the gets cancelled between the decision to make an announcement and the announcement date? And secondly, if it had been announced then would they have not announced the WEC 3-year extension? That doesn't make much sense either.
Old 17 Jun 2014, 15:43 (Ref:3423107)   #4968
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Can't see a DP happening due to crash-box issues, even in G56. That's not to say I wouldn't like an entry from a DP team, but I think a hybrid GT300 entrant would be more likely as it also ticks the "showcasing new technology" box.

At what point will G56 have to be set aside and the entry given to someone on the reserve list?
Forget the crash-box issue, there is nothing about a DP that displays advanced technology improving efficiency unless they decide to power one on goldfish flatulence or something, and even then it is not an efficient platform at all --- the Delta platform looks almost like a necessity for these things.

Hybrid GT300, ok, but the P1 cars are hybrid already, so are you showcasing anything new?

Interesting question about the future of G56. How many possible solutions are around for G56? Sure, there are a bunch of experimental vehicles out there, but near-term what can be put into a G56 car, and not just some contraption on bicycles wheels chugging, whirring, popping or chemically reacting around a parking lot?
Old 17 Jun 2014, 16:52 (Ref:3423122)   #4969
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe the Drayson all electric lola?
Old 17 Jun 2014, 16:54 (Ref:3423123)   #4970
Hendrix
Racer

United States
Minnesota
Hendrix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Forget the crash-box issue, there is nothing about a DP that displays advanced technology improving efficiency unless they decide to power one on goldfish flatulence or something, and even then it is not an efficient platform at all --- the Delta platform looks almost like a necessity for these things.
Perhaps they can allow the DP as a show of how far technology has come in the last 20 years?
Old 17 Jun 2014, 17:01 (Ref:3423125)   #4971
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Perhaps they can allow the DP as a show of how far technology has come in the last 20 years?
Old 17 Jun 2014, 17:28 (Ref:3423135)   #4972
dbagtbag
Racer

Japan
Michigan, USA
dbagtbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddbagtbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post

Hey Toyota bring that mid engined V8 hybrid Prius
Old 17 Jun 2014, 17:30 (Ref:3423136)   #4973
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
You went there
Old 17 Jun 2014, 18:19 (Ref:3423159)   #4974
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Nice one!
Old 17 Jun 2014, 18:20 (Ref:3423160)   #4975
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Maybe the Drayson all electric lola?
That car is entirely designed for a straight line run, they can wirelessly charge it, but whether they can for a 12 lap stint at Le Mans in a time that would make it feasible to run is another matter.