Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 10 May 2010, 12:38 (Ref:2687907)   #26
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness2702 View Post
Know what you mean, but I don't have a problem with a new series trying to establish itself...
I do and I don't, if you see what I mean. Run as a class within something else until you can get enough to form your own grid. In the end, this is a commercial operation presumably intending to either make profit or a spot of advertising and is using free labour and paying spectators to do it. Much as I like Chevrons (both the car and the company) and I hope this goes well for them, I can't apply a different criteria than I would for anything else. There is no place for 6 car grids in motor racing.
Old 10 May 2010, 12:46 (Ref:2687914)   #27
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
There is no place for 6 car grids in motor racing.
Rallycross
Old 10 May 2010, 12:50 (Ref:2687920)   #28
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness2702 View Post
Rallycross
...except for rallycross which can be exciting even with a 1 car grid. (I knew even while I was typing it that there was going to be an exception!)
Old 10 May 2010, 13:14 (Ref:2687932)   #29
JackN
Racer

United Kingdom
Norrrrrfolk
JackN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it was also the length that was the issue with the Chevrons. A 6 car 15minute race would have been bearable, but two 40minute races?! I think the problem was that with no other longer races they couldnt put them on a grid with something else. But I hope it works out, cool little cars werent they
Old 10 May 2010, 13:17 (Ref:2687935)   #30
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Good job well done guys much appreciated.

A 40 minute race for 6 Chevrons or was it two 40 minute races, absolutely barmy at an Historic meeting. How to drive away what spectators we have, I wanted to watch our next race but couldnt hang on best part of an hour watching that! I hope our races were more entertaining and sorry if i was a bit grumpy after not being allowed to do some running repairs on track on me car (gotta try hav'nt you lol) after the throttle linkage came undone its I was so gutted as I reckon I could have got my best ever finish since I started circuit racing.
Old 10 May 2010, 13:28 (Ref:2687944)   #31
NICK ALLISON
Racer

England
london
NICK ALLISON should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Al.
Old 11 May 2010, 16:32 (Ref:2688693)   #32
Dave Weston
Racer

Dave Weston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Good job well done guys much appreciated.

sorry if i was a bit grumpy after not being allowed to do some running repairs on track on me car (gotta try hav'nt you lol) after the throttle linkage came undone its I was so gutted as I reckon I could have got my best ever finish since I started circuit racing.
I was the Post Chief on Becketts Out, just opposite where you pulled off and was intrigued to see you walking back to the car at the end of the race with a large stick! I thought I was about to witness a live action Basil Fawlty moment!

Now you know you can race that high up the field, the best ever finish may be just around the corner.
Old 11 May 2010, 19:46 (Ref:2688813)   #33
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Ha ha I bet that had you worried, no it was a convienent bonnet prop that and a lump of wire I found on the floor and we were away! I am looking forward to the Snetterton round, I may take the IROC to the next round at Brands as its better around the tighter tracks.
Old 11 May 2010, 20:07 (Ref:2688828)   #34
Dave Weston
Racer

Dave Weston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was wondering which way you wwerre going to offer to insert it into the marshal that told you that you couldn't do the repair and rejoin!

Good luck for Snetterton
Old 11 May 2010, 20:09 (Ref:2688832)   #35
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Ha ha lol!