Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Aug 2010, 07:32 (Ref:2747471)   #26
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
That was good!

My personal favourite was Villeneuve and Zonta binnig the Williams cars
in consecutive practise sessions in 1999 after promising each other they
would take Eau Rouge flat without lifting off!
Thankfully neither was hurt!

Last truly motor racing competition i've heard of in F1!
Williams?
They were driving for BAR in 1999.
Old 20 Aug 2010, 07:43 (Ref:2747475)   #27
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I must fall into line and say 1998 and 2008.

1998 - a race of attrition, multiple leaders, weather, the return of the MS and DH duel and ultimately a Damon Hill win, let alone a Jordan win was brilliant. Have had that one of repeat a couple times a year for the last decade.

2008 - first ever GP I attended and had it all right up to the last lap. Mega place.
Old 20 Aug 2010, 08:02 (Ref:2747483)   #28
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
Williams?
They were driving for BAR in 1999.
Correct! My mistake!
Old 20 Aug 2010, 09:33 (Ref:2747510)   #29
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
It was beautifully judged and very brave considering that Schumacher had tried to take him off at the same point on the previous lap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumiforeverever View Post
Hating and Lies.
Re 'hating and lies' someone definitely has denial syndrome and truth avoidance in the Schumi never did anything out of line department.
And that comes from an at one time huge fan of MS.

A little reading on Shumi at Spa etc by Clyde Brolin
Old 20 Aug 2010, 09:52 (Ref:2747520)   #30
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumiforeverever View Post
Hating and Lies.
Yaaawwwwnnnn
give it a rest - it's boring
Old 20 Aug 2010, 11:13 (Ref:2747548)   #31
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Yaaawwwwnnnn
give it a rest - it's boring
For me it's gone beyond irritating and has become genuinely funny .

But I have to admit it could soon get boring.
Old 20 Aug 2010, 11:28 (Ref:2747550)   #32
Schumiforeverever
Rookie

Schumiforeverever has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JABWOA View Post
The Hakkinen move was great, but the Spa race for me is 1992 with MS's first win, my first motorrace race (cause Murray was screaming about this young new kid) which got me interested in F1, then motorracing, then marshalling and all these years later a wonderful wife (met on the banks) and beautiful kids and wonderful friends. All thanks to Michael!
Finally!!!
Old 20 Aug 2010, 11:30 (Ref:2747551)   #33
Schumiforeverever
Rookie

Schumiforeverever has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
Spa 2010 - Webbers victory at his favourite track
Old 20 Aug 2010, 11:33 (Ref:2747553)   #34
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I can tell you're going to become a rapid annoyance to many here

Selby
Old 20 Aug 2010, 15:30 (Ref:2747642)   #35
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
That was more of an ego driven dick measuring contest than a motor racing competition imo :P

True story
Old 20 Aug 2010, 15:43 (Ref:2747648)   #36
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi Räikkönen Spa 2002?
When he went flat through Eau Rouge when the car in front had blown an engine in qualifying. Blind faith through the smoke onto the unknown. Balls of steel
Old 20 Aug 2010, 17:16 (Ref:2747679)   #37
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What about the 1985 race (which was originally cancelled because the tarmac was breaking up and so was put on later in the year)? It was a great wet/dry race with Senna performing an overtake on Mansell trying to get his tyres warmed up after he exited the pits.

I would also say Schumi's first win in 1992 was pretty cool as well.

You have to have the Spa 1995 race as well. One of Schumi's best drives. Coming from 16 th to win the race was amazing. Keeping Hill behind him for the few laps he could when he was on dry tyres and Hill on wet tyres was what did it. That and his drive in the Spanish Grand Prix in 1996 were his finest ever races in my opinion.
Old 20 Aug 2010, 17:17 (Ref:2747680)   #38
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Kimi Räikkönen Spa 2002?
When he went flat through Eau Rouge when the car in front had blown an engine in qualifying. Blind faith through the smoke onto the unknown. Balls of steel
I'd forgotten that one, but you're right. It was the same last year when he overtook Fisichella at the re-start after the Safety Car. The car was absolutely teetering on the limit through Raidillion at the top of the hill after Eau Rouge and even Martin Brundle remarked on it.
Old 20 Aug 2010, 18:52 (Ref:2747727)   #39
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
I can tell you're going to become a rapid annoyance to many here

Selby
He won't last long IMO.
Old 20 Aug 2010, 19:35 (Ref:2747748)   #40
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Kimi Räikkönen Spa 2002?
I remember watching that and thinking that it was bloody dangerous as he didnt know where the blown car was, as you say, balls of steel!

Link to the qualy footage here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el7H859G4ug

i also found a highlights vid from the race, so many engine blow ups, something we dont get now, it added a bit of spice to the races!

Last edited by GolddustMini; 20 Aug 2010 at 19:44.
Old 20 Aug 2010, 22:45 (Ref:2747826)   #41
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Kimi Räikkönen Spa 2002?
Thanks Golddust for sharing the link to that incident and lap. Never seen in before.
That has to be one of the more awesome laps of Spa I have ever seen..... max attack mode and a remarkable effort considering the dominance of the Ferrari that year.

Make that a +1 from me to the Balls of Steel comment.

Shame Kimi's engine went the same way in the race as that of the BAR did in the clip.
Old 20 Aug 2010, 23:12 (Ref:2747835)   #42
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, thanks Golddust for sharing that clip. Kimi looks so much more at home in a McLaren than he did most of the time in a Ferrari.

However, the blown Mercedes engines are a bit of a sore point with me because they cost him one certain title and maybe another.
Old 21 Aug 2010, 07:54 (Ref:2747897)   #43
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1986 Belgian Grand Prix.

Alain Prost and Gerhard Berger collided at the start, leaving Prost with a puncture. After a slow lap, finished 6th (one point then) in a car shaped like a banana.

An astonishing and massively underrated drive.
Old 22 Aug 2010, 12:30 (Ref:2748283)   #44
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
won't seem like Spa with out Kimi this year.

Spa provides great racing year after year, great track, changing weather.

I can't think of a bad race, maybe this thread would be easier if it was "tell me the last bad race a spa".
Old 22 Aug 2010, 12:35 (Ref:2748284)   #45
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2007 when I was there was a bit of a snorefest.
Old 22 Aug 2010, 19:43 (Ref:2748527)   #46
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
1995, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008 were all very enjoyable races.

My fave moments are Mika in 2000 (the real Flying Finn sticking it to the bullying German) and JPM's two pole laps in 2001 and 2005.

For sheer excitement, the final laps in 2008. Have never been reduced to a gibbering, giggling wreck like that before or since! Unfortunately ruined later by the stewards decision to demote the winner below someone who I don't think even got close to the lead all race. *facepalm*
Old 22 Aug 2010, 20:10 (Ref:2748542)   #47
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Ralf Schumacher's car, maybe 2002? being left up on jacks as the gird went off on the parade lap
Old 22 Aug 2010, 21:04 (Ref:2748590)   #48
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
...Unfortunately ruined later by the stewards decision to demote the winner below someone who I don't think even got close to the lead all race. ...
Hamilton wasnt the rightful winner cause he obtained his position by cheating (again), remember?
Old 22 Aug 2010, 22:27 (Ref:2748668)   #49
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
Hamilton wasnt the rightful winner cause he obtained his position by cheating (again), remember?
there is a world of difference between being adjudged to have broken a rule, and cheating. But you know that.
Old 23 Aug 2010, 01:20 (Ref:2748734)   #50
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Lewis didn't cheat, but he did gain an unfair advantage, but it's 2 years ago, lets move on!