Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Jul 2003, 16:19 (Ref:671943)   #26
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Keep it to F1 related matters
Old 26 Jul 2003, 18:10 (Ref:672015)   #27
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stranger
Ho-Pin Tung
Was rumoured for a Jordan test drive earlier in the season. I think he's half Dutch, half Chinese.
Old 26 Jul 2003, 18:18 (Ref:672027)   #28
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bloody hell! That'll make him a six foot tall multilinguist with a chinese accent!

Can you imagine the press conferences if he gets on the podium?
Old 26 Jul 2003, 18:28 (Ref:672039)   #29
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He speaks English, German, French, Dutch and Chinese! And he's a bit clever too, studying Economics and Law in Holland.
Old 26 Jul 2003, 19:23 (Ref:672078)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
See what I mean?
Old 26 Jul 2003, 20:13 (Ref:672122)   #31
noweels
Racer

noweels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Justin Wilson likes sweet and sour pork with fried rice.Does that mean he gets a seat in the team.
Old 26 Jul 2003, 21:21 (Ref:672163)   #32
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by noweels
Justin Wilson likes sweet and sour pork with fried rice.Does that mean he gets a seat in the team.
For that you are for the chop *sticks*.
Old 27 Jul 2003, 06:13 (Ref:672328)   #33
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I want to see it before I believe it.
Old 27 Jul 2003, 06:19 (Ref:672331)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Isnt Jordan sponsored at some level by the mob putting the Shanghai Circuit together?

Since that sponsor has been mentioned as a partner in this deal, would it not consider that Jordan is the likely focus of their attentions??

I cant imagine a brand new startup F1 team to come together in a year, certainly not if it is to be based in mainland China.

Maybe TW is consulting to them, as he did to the Russian plan for something similar that went nowhere
Old 27 Jul 2003, 08:12 (Ref:672367)   #35
HarvestMotorspt
Rookie

HarvestMotorspt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Over here in Aust there is a Chinese driver racing in F3. Marchy Lee has raced at the Macau Grand Prix and with a fair amount of sucess and he has also raced alot of other openwheel cars in asia and Europe.
Old 27 Jul 2003, 10:53 (Ref:672413)   #36
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Isnt Jordan sponsored at some level by the mob putting the Shanghai Circuit together?
Yes, that's true.
Old 27 Jul 2003, 21:10 (Ref:672689)   #37
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
There are many Chinese drivers interested in motor racing in Hong Kong. They race at night after midnight, and on public roads. Shek O was a favourite destination, and so are some of the roads in the New Territories. Organised races only comes once a year in nearby Macau, so these guys decided to race in Hong Kong at night instead. I was told by a very reliable source ( my driver then) that the winner get's to win a girl as prize. The main attraction of these races is the huge bets put on by the rival teams' supporters.
Old 27 Jul 2003, 22:58 (Ref:672807)   #38
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouldn't a chinese team be economically unsound? unless they plan on long hauling the team overland from China to the European races?
Old 27 Jul 2003, 23:32 (Ref:672825)   #39
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Boy!! you really know your Geography don't you. I don't suppose they could wack the cars onto a plane somewhere in China or Inner Mongolia and fly them out?
Old 28 Jul 2003, 00:46 (Ref:672860)   #40
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They could fly them out yes, but surely the air freight costs would be more than the road freight costs. Either way it would cost more than being based in Europe.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 11:40 (Ref:673164)   #41
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
An obvious question: if this Chinese team plans to enter F1 at some point in the future, what are they going to do until then? F3000, then step up? Dallara Nissan? We need more info.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 20:51 (Ref:673692)   #42
noweels
Racer

noweels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its true. I have just had an order for a pagoda shaped paddock motor hame with red and gold dragons