Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Mar 2011, 17:07 (Ref:2842816)   #26
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
It's OK, I've been 'removed' Pro Tem... Again.
Father/Son thing.

I got a phone call so I could listen to the SLS... Not totally bad news!

I'm enjoying not worrying about it, as there's enough hassle in my life just now.
Old 9 Mar 2011, 23:48 (Ref:2843103)   #27
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Hector and Allan will be back - predicted to be in a 458 (eventually!)
Thanks for that, good to hear they'll be in a newer car.
Old 10 Mar 2011, 23:23 (Ref:2843677)   #28
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
What of the Moseler? I notice they were entering the Dutch Supercar Championship, is this instead of the British GT? I vaguely seem to recall they were banned at one point, but could swear I saw some coverage from Rockingham last year and they were running in that.
They did run in some races last year, but Martin Short felt they were unfairly penalised and prefers to go where he can get an easier passage, let's say.
Old 12 Mar 2011, 17:45 (Ref:2844588)   #29
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What was the issue with the car? I seem to recall reading that it wasn't classed as a fully fledged GT3. Shame if they are not back as it is a good looking car. Any word on any Ford GT's making an appearance?
Old 12 Mar 2011, 17:55 (Ref:2844594)   #30
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What was the issue with the car? I seem to recall reading that it wasn't classed as a fully fledged GT3
Basically, the Mosler was not homolgated by the FIA as a GT3 car although the SRO and the BRSCC mistakenly believed that the car was eligible for British GT as it had national homolgation from Belgium. Following a lengthy appeal process involving David and Godfrey Jones, the Mosler was disqualified from the 2009 British GT championship. The regulations were rewritten before the 2010 season to allow the Mosler to compete for the championship with various penalties to try and create equivalency between the Mosler and other GT3 cars.
Old 13 Mar 2011, 16:38 (Ref:2845038)   #31
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
good mixture of cars in GT3. Not so bad. Will have to watch the highlights on MotorsTV.

So the Jones brothers abandoned the Ascari for the other silver machine.
Old 13 Mar 2011, 19:52 (Ref:2845131)   #32
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
Basically, the Mosler was not homolgated by the FIA as a GT3 car although the SRO and the BRSCC mistakenly believed that the car was eligible for British GT as it had national homolgation from Belgium. Following a lengthy appeal process involving David and Godfrey Jones, the Mosler was disqualified from the 2009 British GT championship. The regulations were rewritten before the 2010 season to allow the Mosler to compete for the championship with various penalties to try and create equivalency between the Mosler and other GT3 cars.
I thought it was something along those lines, thanks for clearing that one up.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 10:08 (Ref:2848021)   #33
britishgt
Rookie

britishgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I thought it was something along those lines, thanks for clearing that one up.
I spoke to Gregor Fisken earlier this week and and he was one of the drivers of the Mosler last year on and off while he was doing a historic racing calendar said that he has decided to go to Trackspeed this year and focus on the British GT.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 10:19 (Ref:2848027)   #34
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't generally pay much attention to what's happening in BritishGT, but have to say this year's series has the potential to provide a very decent spectacle.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 13:28 (Ref:2848089)   #35
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
Quote:
Originally Posted by britishgt View Post
I spoke to Gregor Fisken earlier this week and and he was one of the drivers of the Mosler last year on and off while he was doing a historic racing calendar said that he has decided to go to Trackspeed this year and focus on the British GT.
I noticed on the Britcar website that three Mosler's were at the Britcar media day, looks like they'll be racing there instead this season. If all the cars mentioned in the various press releases turn out then both series could be quite strong this season.
Old 22 Mar 2011, 19:06 (Ref:2851417)   #36
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
I notice a pair of G55's are now confirmed for the British GT, anyone know if the Ford GT will make an appearance? The Viper appears to be going down the Britcar route this season.
Old 22 Mar 2011, 19:41 (Ref:2851437)   #37
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I notice a pair of G55's are now confirmed for the British GT, anyone know if the Ford GT will make an appearance? The Viper appears to be going down the Britcar route this season.
Alex Mortimer told me that the Ford will indeed make an appearance or two during the season - but he obviously won't be driving it!
Old 19 Apr 2011, 08:18 (Ref:2866292)   #38
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Haven't found an official entry list yet, but this article from the official site gives us a pretty good picture for round one:

GT3:
- Trackspeed Porsche 997 GT3 R Westbrook/Ashburn
- Trackspeed Porsche 997 GT3 R Fisken/Bridgman
- CRS Ferrari 430 Scud Geddie/Geddie
- CRS Ferrari 430 Scud Mortimer/Tate
- Scuderia Vittoria Ferrari 458 Bateman/Lyons
- M-Tech Ferrari 458 Cameron/Griffin
- M-Tech Ferrari 430 Scott/Dillhon (GT3B)
- Preci Spark Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 Jones/Jones
- Speedworks Corvette Z06 GT3 Johnson/Johnson
- Rosso Verde Ferrari 430 Scud Simonsen/Lester
- Chad Racing Ferrari 430 Scud Dockerill/Kane
- Chad Racing Ferrari 430 Scud Wilcox/Burton
- Beachdean Aston Martin DBRS9 Howard/Adam
- United Autosports Audi R8 LMS Bell/Guasch
- United Autosports Audi R8 LMS Bintcliff/Palmer

GT4:
- Lotus UK Sport Evora Jackson/Drinkall
- Lotus UK Sport Evora Clarke/Nordstrom
- Scuderia Vittoria Ginetta G50 Denis/McDonald
- Century Motorsport Wakefield/Rattenburry
- ABG Motorsport KTM X-Bow Belshaw/Clutton
- ABG Motorsport KTM X-Bow Ladas/Mallock

GT-Cup:
- Cevorn CR8 Reid/Witt

So that's 22 cars for round 1, definitely going in the right direction there. There also might be a Ginetta G55 in GT3, but apparently national homologation for that car has not been completed as of now. Eventually four of these cars are expected to show up during the season. CRS will at some point switch to the 458.
Old 19 Apr 2011, 10:18 (Ref:2866365)   #39
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Haven't found an official entry list yet, but this article from the official site gives us a pretty good picture for round one:

GT3:
- Trackspeed Porsche 997 GT3 R Westbrook/Ashburn
- Trackspeed Porsche 997 GT3 R Fisken/Bridgman
- CRS Ferrari 430 Scud Geddie/Geddie
- CRS Ferrari 430 Scud Mortimer/Tate
- Scuderia Vittoria Ferrari 458 Bateman/Lyons
- M-Tech Ferrari 458 Cameron/Griffin
- M-Tech Ferrari 430 Scott/Dillhon (GT3B)
- Preci Spark Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 Jones/Jones
- Speedworks Corvette Z06 GT3 Johnson/Johnson
- Rosso Verde Ferrari 430 Scud Simonsen/Lester
- Chad Racing Ferrari 430 Scud Dockerill/Kane
- Chad Racing Ferrari 430 Scud Wilcox/Burton
- Beachdean Aston Martin DBRS9 Howard/Adam
- United Autosports Audi R8 LMS Bell/Guasch
- United Autosports Audi R8 LMS Bintcliff/Palmer

GT4:
- Lotus UK Sport Evora Jackson/Drinkall
- Lotus UK Sport Evora Clarke/Nordstrom
- Scuderia Vittoria Ginetta G50 Denis/McDonald
- Century Motorsport Wakefield/Rattenburry
- ABG Motorsport KTM X-Bow Belshaw/Clutton
- ABG Motorsport KTM X-Bow Ladas/Mallock

GT-Cup:
- Cevorn CR8 Reid/Witt

So that's 22 cars for round 1, definitely going in the right direction there. There also might be a Ginetta G55 in GT3, but apparently national homologation for that car has not been completed as of now. Eventually four of these cars are expected to show up during the season. CRS will at some point switch to the 458.
Benji says 23 or 24 for the first round with a couple of others bubbling under

I expect to see at least one G55 at Oulton

There's a second DBRS9 looking very likely for a limited programme (Likely GT3B)
Old 20 Apr 2011, 18:31 (Ref:2867124)   #40
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sad to see that Cocker didn't end up at Trackspeed though good to see Tim Bridgman in the series so it's a mixed blessing. Any news of Jonny, Graham? Will Westbrook have to miss races due to his other commitments at Nissan and Corvette Racing and need a sub?

At any rate it looks a cracker of a season in the main class and a decent one in GT4 with 3 brands (what price a Vantage GT4?!). GT3B and GT Cup look like wasted classes though...I appreciate the effort to get cars on the grid but some things really should be left for Britcar or the GT Cup/Trophy series.

I assume the GT3B DBRS9 is Tom Black's Vantage Racing car; eligible for that class because it doesn't have the upgrades like Beechdean's chassis? Anyone know if Hexis' cars are also in 2011 spec in the BES? They look like seriously competitive options still, so it'd be nice if Johnny Adam could run up front in BGT too.

Finally, the Scuderia Vittoria Ascari is no more? Can't say that strikes me as a bad decision.
Old 20 Apr 2011, 23:06 (Ref:2867281)   #41
THE Hill.
Rookie

Scotland
Scotland
THE Hill. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
I assume the GT3B DBRS9 is Tom Black's Vantage Racing car; eligible for that class because it doesn't have the upgrades like Beechdean's chassis? Anyone know if Hexis' cars are also in 2011 spec in the BES? They look like seriously competitive options still, so it'd be nice if Johnny Adam could run up front in BGT too.
The GT3B Aston is the 22GT Racing machine which ran in GT3 in 08(?) I think and hasn't been touched since.
I assume the Hexis cars are latest spec as they really looked impressive.
Old 21 Apr 2011, 18:16 (Ref:2867681)   #42
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just seen the entry list for Oulton Park. Looking good considering what has happened over the last couple of seasons! A few GT4 Astons would have been nice.

Noticed that both the races at Oulton are on the Monday. I'll be there nice and early to catch both!
Old 21 Apr 2011, 19:45 (Ref:2867737)   #43
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Hill. View Post
The GT3B Aston is the 22GT Racing machine which ran in GT3 in 08(?) I think and hasn't been touched since.
I assume the Hexis cars are latest spec as they really looked impressive.
It's potentially both the 22GTR and Vantage Racing cars - 22GTR for all bar one round - Vantage for the odd outing too
Old 22 Apr 2011, 12:40 (Ref:2868119)   #44
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
There also might be a Ginetta G55 in GT3, but apparently national homologation for that car has not been completed as of now. Eventually four of these cars are expected to show up during the season.
The four G55s have now been homologated and will be at Oulton:

http://www.motorstv.com/car/gt/briti...in-time-oulton

Entry list:

Quote:
British GT Championship entry list – Round 1, Oulton Park

1 David Ashburn / Richard Westbrook, Trackspeed, Porsche 997 GT3 R (GT3)
2 Gregor Fisken / Tim Bridgman, Trackspeed, Porsche 997 GT3 R (GT3)
3 Hector Lester / Allan Simonsen, Rosso Verde, Ferrari 430 Scuderia (GT3)
4 Iain Dockerill / Steven Kane, Chad Racing, Ferrari 430 Scuderia (GT3)
5 Michael Lyons / Charles Bateman, Scuderia Vittoria, Ferrari 458 (GT3)
6 Piers Johnson / Ron Johnson, Speedworks Motorsport, Chevrolet Corvette (GT3)
7 Andrew Howard / Jonathan Adam, Beechdean Motorsport, Aston Martin DBRS9 (GT3)
10 Glynn Geddie / Jim Geddie, CRS Racing, Ferrari 458* (GT3)
11 Andrew Tate / Alex Mortimer, CRS Racing, Ferrari 458 (GT3)
12 Adam Wilcox / Phil Burton, Predator CCTV Racing, Ferrari 430 Scuderia (GT3)
13 John Dhillon / Aaron Scott, MTECH Racing, Ferrari 430 (GT3B)
21 Matt Griffin / Duncan Cameron, MTECH Racing, Ferrari 458 (GT3)
22 David Jones / Godfrey Jones, Team Preci-Spark, Mercedes AMG SLS (GT3)
23 Mike Guasch / Matt Bell, United Autosports, Audi R8 LMS (GT3)
24 Jay Palmer / John Bintcliffe, United Autosports, Audi R8 LMS (GT3)
25 Ian Stinton / Michael Simpson, Stark Racing, Ginetta G55 (GT3)
26 Adam Morgan / Stefan Hodgetts, JHR Developments, Ginetta G55 (GT3)
27 Colin White / Tom Sharp, Team LNT, Ginetta G55 (GT3)
28 Julien Draper / Freddie Hetherington, Century Motorsport, Ginetta G55 (GT3)
42 Jake Rattenbury / Josh Wakefield, Century Motorsport, Ginetta G50 (GT4)
44 Peter Belshaw / Marcus Clutton, ABG Motorsport, KTM X-bow (GT4)
45 Athanasios Ladas / Michael Mallock, ABG Motorsport, KTM X-box (GT4)
48 Jack Drinkall / Ollie Jackson, Lotus Sport UK, Lotus Evora (GT4)
49 Leyton Clarke / Freddy Nordstrom, Lotus Sport UK, Lotus Evora (GT4)
50 David McDonald / Dan Denis, Scuderia Vittoria, Ginetta G50 (GT4)
97 Jordan Witt / Anthony Reid, Chevron Racing, Chevron GR8 (GTC)
26 cars, I'm going mainly for the F3 but it's great to have a strong British GT again
Old 24 Apr 2011, 11:48 (Ref:2868967)   #45
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
These were showing well yesterday, the race is looking likely to be a great one, the Speedworks 'vette is too quiet though, but the Merc is heavenly! And those Porches are just damn quick!
I'll be on Lodge corner all day dressed in the finest orange Proban and wearing my usual wide brimmed hat, so gimme a wave if you are there!
Old 24 Apr 2011, 14:28 (Ref:2869042)   #46
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Porsche's are rather quick, and how nice is it to have drivers of the calibre of Westbrook and Simonsen in British GT. As the PA kept saying yesterday, it's not only a good line-up of machines but of good drivers too.

The 'Vette is strangely quiet, while the Merc makes a great sound. I was surprised to see the SV 458 going so quickly, as everywhere I saw it on track it didn't look that quick.

All in all should be two cracking races tomorrow.
Old 24 Apr 2011, 16:06 (Ref:2869106)   #47
Matthews Dad
Veteran

England
Northwich
Matthews Dad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89 View Post
These were showing well yesterday, the race is looking likely to be a great one, the Speedworks 'vette is too quiet though, but the Merc is heavenly! And those Porches are just damn quick!
I'll be on Lodge corner all day dressed in the finest orange Proban and wearing my usual wide brimmed hat, so gimme a wave if you are there!
Indeed free practice and quali was well worth watching, and have to agree with the sound of the Merc, it has been likened to an old fighter plane and its quick without really looking it. The races should be something to see especially if the weather holds

I'm another of the orange brigade and should be at Knickerbrook so again give us a wave
Old 25 Apr 2011, 23:23 (Ref:2869804)   #48
sukispeed
Rookie

United States
San Antonio, TX
sukispeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What type of TV coverage is the British GT getting this year?
Old 26 Apr 2011, 00:18 (Ref:2869813)   #49
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The usual highlights on Channel 4 (30 min minus breaks) & Motors TV (60 min minus breaks) -

http://www.britishgt.com/tv.php

Edit: Don't know if it's geo-locked, but the GT/F3 programmes are also shown on 4oD, along with the support race programmes: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/motor-sport/4od
Old 26 Apr 2011, 10:26 (Ref:2869923)   #50
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've got slightly burnt arms after yesterday, didn't expect it to be quite as hot and sunny as that! Good day of racing, nice turnout, would have been perfect if I didn't take a wrong turn on my way home!