Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Mar 2013, 20:54 (Ref:3220784)   #26
sethmate
Rookie

United Kingdom
sethmate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
I haven't dug out the old thread to check but I suspect that some of the doubters are saying exactly what they said about Jake, except that I don't recall people commenting on Jake's temperature.
Not sure how to link to the thread fourwheeldrift suggests, but having found it and read through some of it, it strikes me that no-one much was talking about Jake after BBC's first show in 2009. Now that's either a good thing (he didn't mess up) or a bad thing (he was forgetable) but ultimately it'll take a few shows to get familiar with the presenters and for the relationships to build up between each other (and with us, the viewers).

For what its worth, I'd have gone for Claire Balding as anchor and Jonathan Pearce as lead commentator......
Old 18 Mar 2013, 21:09 (Ref:3220794)   #27
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For what its worth, I'd have gone for Claire Balding as anchor and Jonathan Pearce as lead commentator......

Don't tell me, Brian Moore doing the pit walkabout........

Bladders......
Old 18 Mar 2013, 23:54 (Ref:3220914)   #28
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
She's obviuosly gone into it knowing that she can do it, at least she won't talk a load of boll***ks and waffle on like Eddie can sometimes !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Mar 2013, 11:25 (Ref:3221117)   #29
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps the key question is whether she can stop EJ doing that.
Old 19 Mar 2013, 12:42 (Ref:3221145)   #30
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No, the key question is how is Eddie allowed to do thatl surely not if she can control him! After all this time she shouldnt have to!

I know why he is on the team but I also dont know WHY he is on the team if you get me, he stumbles, can't speak properly, can't even complete a sentence properly at times and often is very hazy and unclear.

I know DC is a little staid, but he is the consumate pro for me, he makes me laugh sometimes, when he lets his guard down. He has god recent experience, is still involved and apart from the Diresta love in is utterly impartial.

My memory of Suzi is interviewing Bottas, her questions were clear, well delivered and good actual questions. A rare trait even from the likes of Kravitz. She looks people in the eye, makes them answer to her which I like, she knows exactly what she is doing.

She is funny, and is taking it seriously where I really dont think Jakes was really taking his presenting seriously, it all looked like a big joke and fun.

Which is fine in some areas maybe after the race and stuff, but he was condescending to a lot of people last year and that doesn't wash for me, maybe they deserved it, but as a presenter they shouldn't be doing that.

And then to write a book to, well that says it all for me.
Old 19 Mar 2013, 12:47 (Ref:3221146)   #31
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I used to think that Talking B****cks was a rare medical condition until I discovered Eddie Jordan!
Old 19 Mar 2013, 12:49 (Ref:3221147)   #32
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought she did fine. She was very nervous on the qually show, but that's to be expected.
Old 19 Mar 2013, 13:02 (Ref:3221156)   #33
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
EJ is the John McCririck of F1 !
Old 19 Mar 2013, 13:47 (Ref:3221182)   #34
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
EJ is the John McCririck of F1 !
Please don't lower the tone of 10/10ths !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Mar 2013, 14:39 (Ref:3221212)   #35
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethmate View Post

I am flabbergasted at this. I can't imagine anything worse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Greenslade View Post

Don't tell me, Brian Moore doing the pit walkabout........
OK, actually, maybe I can.
Old 20 Mar 2013, 07:50 (Ref:3221556)   #36
sethmate
Rookie

United Kingdom
sethmate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I am flabbergasted at this. I can't imagine anything worse!
Me neither - Sorry, perhaps I should have put a few !!!!!'s after my Claire Balding / Jonathan Pearce post above!!

But seriously, given the BBC's ability to establish a presenter on one programme, then drop them in to any number of other programmes, it wouldn't have surprised me if they had gone down this route.

As others have said, lets wait a few shows, one or two "live" races, then see where we're at...
Old 20 Mar 2013, 09:20 (Ref:3221584)   #37
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Phew!
Old 20 Mar 2013, 10:15 (Ref:3221619)   #38
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I literally can't listen to Pearce, he is the epitome of what is wrong with commentators, stupid special Smashy and Nicey voice he uses to commentate with, pointless shouting and screaming at a microphone in a little seat surrounded by normal people, pathetic. When you compare him to say a Murray or some of the bike guys, you can tell it is all forced! I used to love Murray's bits when Palmer or James had the mike and you could literally hear him in the background scrambling to nick the mike back!!

There is a guy on Talksport who has actually developed a voice break that only seems to happen when someone scores a goal! I makes me cringe it really does!

The commentary team are fine, Ben is the best commie we have had for many years and DC seems to get better with him, I would prefer a little more humour and detail from him about things, and also a bit more from Gary, but it seems they have a good team now at the time when the coverage has the least funding! When they had it they went with Gascoyne who was awful in retrospect when you listen to Gary.

Such a shame, but I wont pay for Sky, a d in all honesty the coverage doesnt warrant that much extra outlay!
Old 20 Mar 2013, 10:49 (Ref:3221636)   #39
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Louise Goodman is flat out unsuitable. Clare Balding? - I do hope that suggestion was in jest, she'd be a calamity. Perry needs to dial herself in to the role but sofar so good. I'm happy with her, it could be worse.

Eddie Jordan needs to see a pundit drill sergeant or trainer or something to discipline him. I said that a few years ago and I'm still saying it.
Old 20 Mar 2013, 12:42 (Ref:3221694)   #40
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
In EJs defence, he did scoop the Hamilton to Merc story last year.
Old 20 Mar 2013, 12:45 (Ref:3221698)   #41
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And the Schumacher to Mercedes story.
Old 20 Mar 2013, 12:47 (Ref:3221701)   #42
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont think I'll stop watching Sky because of her!
Old 20 Mar 2013, 14:41 (Ref:3221748)   #43
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
So the 30 odd quid a month extra wont make you, fair play lad, I wish I had the choice!
Old 20 Mar 2013, 14:46 (Ref:3221749)   #44
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think Suzi will be fine. The chemistry with DC will develop - and I think that's more him than her.

Jonathon Pearce found his level with Robowars.
Old 20 Mar 2013, 14:55 (Ref:3221754)   #45
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
People were calling for Jake's head when he took on the anchor role, but people said to give him time, and he did improve (I think). The same will apply for Suzi, she is a true pro, but give her at least a few races before people start to tear her to pieces.
Old 20 Mar 2013, 15:09 (Ref:3221762)   #46
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
I think Suzi will be fine. The chemistry with DC will develop - and I think that's more him than her.

Jonathon Pearce found his level with Robowars.
Are you suggesting that DCs "Tighty Whities" don't instantly knock women bandy?
Old 20 Mar 2013, 18:42 (Ref:3221840)   #47
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
I think I agree with you... DC seemed 'stiff' with her where he was more relaxed with the 'old' team.

However, I also think Suzi with bikes seemed to come across as more authoritative/engaged/involved. Perhaps she has less genuine passion for F1 than bikes? If she has, then for me she must work on that so that she comes across more as a real F1 fan.

Overall, she did ok - but I do hope she can improve some... and DC allows that to happen by being more relaxed with her himself.
Old 23 Mar 2013, 15:11 (Ref:3223235)   #48
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"What a difference a week makes".

A totally confident Suzi today. Just like she was in MotoGP.

DC was also great and it came across as if they had been working together for years.

When does EJ make an appearance?
Old 23 Mar 2013, 15:47 (Ref:3223248)   #49
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Suzi, if you are reading this... let's run away together.
Old 23 Mar 2013, 16:13 (Ref:3223259)   #50
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Suzi, if you are reading this... let's run away together.
er, she's almost old enough to be your mum! (IIRC 43 in May)